Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I suddenly want to buy something in Harvey Norman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,616 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How did Erica and Darragh afford all that wedding crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Bob and Renee was so concerned about Ellie they went out to the pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did Erica and Darragh afford all that wedding crap?

China......:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So she forget about her wedding dress being delivered, not something you'd imagine someone forgetting about and who the hell in real life would be getting it delivered to their place of work anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Not much work getting done in carraigstown today, lots of wandering around and drinking coffee
    How many times did hayley call into vinos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Not much work getting done in carraigstown today, lots of wandering around and drinking coffee
    How many times did hayley call into vinos

The same number of times that Caddle called into Pauls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

What is going on with the Paul story? Did Barry not steal all of Paul's money? Why is Carol acting like he shouldn't keep the 30k Barry transferred in? Isn't it his money to begin with, and he's just got some of it back?

Sparko wrote: »
    What is going on with the Paul story? Did Barry not steal all of Paul's money? Why is Carol acting like he shouldn't keep the 30k Barry transferred in? Isn't it his money to begin with, and he's just got some of it back?

Now I may be wrong.
    I think Fiona laundered a certain amount of money through Veno's.
    When Paul found out he got Barry to put it into another bank account.
    There was a certain amount of money already in the account already and Barry went off with it all and then transferred some or all of it to the community center.

• Advertisement

Ah lads, this is beginning to sound as complicated as The Plan :D

China......:P

Omg Corona Virus, burn them all :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Now I may be wrong.
    I think Fiona laundered a certain amount of money through Veno's.
    When Paul found out he got Barry to put it into another bank account.
    There was a certain amount of money already in the account already and Barry went off with it all and then transferred some or all of it to the community center.
    Did Paul ever pay back Barry for the rent money he was pocketing for years or was this Barry's way of getting it? Are we supposed to be on Paul's side or Barry's?

Did Paul ever pay back Barry for the rent money he was pocketing for years or was this Barry's way of getting it? Are we supposed to be on Paul's side or Barry's?

I don't think he paid it back.

I'm unsure.

I think Barry wanted to teach two toxic people a lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

So she forget about her wedding dress being delivered, not something you'd imagine someone forgetting about and who the hell in real life would be getting it delivered to their place of work anyway!

And why does she want it back so badly, is she going to wear it some day with Doug? He's seen it and knows it was meant for her wedding to Darragh. Think she said some sh1t like "it's very special to me " - how exactly? Some yoke of Ali Express or Wish or whatever?! You'd swear Sharon owned the salon she's so offended by it being delivered there. I know she's the manager but it's not like Erica had it delivered to Sharons home.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ya she seemed very emotionally attached to a dress that she just bought for a wedding to a guy she cheated on. Surely she should be more put out about losing the money that the dress cost.

I don't think he paid it back.

I'm unsure.

I think Barry wanted to teach two toxic people a lesson.

Did barry ever confront paul about taking the extra cash for the rent?

This is Erica's second cancelled wedding, she seems wedding obsessed, would she be called a bridezilla still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Doug should run a mile away from her!

Ahhh so yer one with Doug is planning on wearing the wedding dress for the wedding the next time she gets engaged hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Y'know even Billy Meehan had a twisted charm about him..... but why hasn't anyone ever sat Paul Brennan down and tell him what a hateful baxtard he is then ran him out of Carrigstown with a stick? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There was me hoping Ellie would burn the house down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Or leave an awful mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

I wonder did Erica give Ray the 200 quid.

What happened with the diamonds Carol got in Robbie's ashes, could she donate to the community centre

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What happened with the diamonds Carol got in Robbie's ashes, could she donate to the community centre

They were mainly used to pay off Robbie's debts from the bookies!

Thursday 20th
    Lee is tempted to use Ger's money for himself, only to be rocked by an unexpected visit. Erica and Sharon's rift begins to heal as they help rescue a distraught bride's wedding.
    Sunday 23rd
    When Carol warns about how dangerous Aidan is, Hayley is determined to keep control of the pub, but Aidan muscles in. Phoebe, in contact with Will, hides her real reason for returning to Dublin. A stressed Wayne finds a cheerful Bosco hard to handle.
    Tuesday 25th
    Aidan strengthens his grip on McCoy's, and tempts Lee with a moneymaking proposal. Mairead fears that Will is manipulating Phoebe. Wayne's good deed puts him under pressure.
    Wednesday 26th
    Bela announces his wish to give Cass half of his inheritance. Hayley is horrified to discover Lee's drug dealing, and Ray is fearful for his
    future.
    Thursday 27th
    Mairead is horrified as her plans backfire, Wayne is guilty over his deceit of Ray, while Carol refuses to bail out the Collins family. Meanwhile, Bela is appalled by Cass's solution to their problem.

Holy fcuk are we meant to believe that this Whirligig Witch lookalike is about to get married?!

The sound and state of her.

Yeah. Lad gives money to complete randomner instead of person he's meant to give it to.

Very credible.

• Advertisement

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Holy fcuk are we meant to believe that this Whirligig Witch lookalike is about to get married?!

The sound and state of her.

It was a community drama club pantomime at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

What is with the bride's accent? Is she Irish, Eastern European or just a mouth full of marbles?

FC has reached a new low after that crap we just watched about them coming to the rescue of the bride in distress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

They must have had transition year students in when they were writing the script for that.

No ... that's unfair to transition year students

I think that bride scene with the messy hair is the single worse scene I’ve ever witnessed on fair city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I think that bride scene with the messy hair is the single worse scene I’ve ever witnessed on fair city.

It was absolutely brutal, like something out of Laurel & Hardy.

I hope they keep Aiden in the show, I love his character and he's very easy on the eye. Yummy.

• Advertisement

A new low has been reached tonight

I'm still trying to work out the point of it....at least the dress is gone now...not liking the new Paul....

And what's with Antos hair....he looks like a dwarf Dr. Wiggum....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I'd love if they cut back on all the Erica scenes. Her constant overacting is annoying. Loved how Lee followed Aidan out of the pub and left his laptop behind on the table. Very stupid thing to do especially as he's always moaning that he's got no money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭feelthepower

Greta_Thunberg_pissed-1024x576.jpg

What the hell was that crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,203 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think we're going to see the bride again. She was listed on the credits as 'Lorna Dunne' and was on the show before in 2016 playing a nurse of the same name.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think we're going to see the bride again. She was listed on the credits as 'Lorna Dunne' and was on the show before in 2016 playing a nurse of the same name.

That's all we need, another annoying character.

5 mins listening to her was enough to last a lifetime

I'm guessing without the dummy husband...just smile and nod love....oh the curse of that wedding dress strikes again....no doubt Paul will bed her within the first week....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ellie is a shocking actress & as for the ‘bride’ scene, more panto than anything else

Icsics wrote: »
    Ellie is a shocking actress & as for the ‘bride’ scene, more panto than anything else

Yeah..when i heard Ellie was back i hoped for a new actress..but no....better than another Juliettttte i spose.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Yeah..when i heard Ellie was back i hoped for a new actress..but no....better than another Juliettttte i spose.....:rolleyes:

Also Ellie referred to playing online computer games with Phoebe; not once can I recall them interacting and Phoebe's supposedly in her mid to late teens whereas Elly's probably only 12 or 13, maybe 14?

Phoebe & Juliette would have more in common as such; just give us some continuity FC Writers please; don't be asking us to suspend our imaginations in terms of age gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Rene keeps saying Ellie has finished her "mocks". Would that mean she's in 3rd year and 16. Although she looks and acts 12.

Lorna Doone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Lorna Doone :D

a7e0924bed.jpeg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Also Ellie referred to playing online computer games with Phoebe; not once can I recall them interacting and Phoebe's supposedly in her mid to late teens whereas Elly's probably only 12 or 13, maybe 14?

Phoebe & Juliette would have more in common as such; just give us some continuity FC Writers please; don't be asking us to suspend our imaginations in terms of age gaps.

As bad as they are, Phoebe and Melanie's son were hanging around with Ellie on screen when she started school

Last night's episode was embarrassingly bad. Scriptwriters, hang your heads in shame.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement