Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Bosco ya can't act well enough to be to faced!
    The worst actor I have ever seen. It's actually hilarious when he's on screen now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I wonder if sleep walking/cleaning Melanie is as easily offended as when she's awake? She'll be moaning at the tins of beans on Wednesday. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,608 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So that's what's up the Station stairs.

Who fell down them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who fell down them?

Was it “wheely Dan”

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

branie2 wrote: »
    I've heard of sleepwalking, not sleepcleaning!

It's an Armenian thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

When are Bela and Cass getting married. Are Yvonne and Connie still together.

Was it “wheely Dan”

Was that how Dan became paralysed?

I seem to remember siblings Greyie Connors and Tommy having a scuffle over Dr. Judy, was that in The Station?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Was that how Dan became paralysed?

I seem to remember siblings Greyie Connors and Tommy having a scuffle over Dr. Judy, was that in The Station?

Wasn't Dans accident as a result of a gas explosion at the Station.

Tommy was definitely at the bottom of those stairs at one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The landing reminds me of a saloon bar in a western movie....AND, no disabled toilet....:eek:

Mel can arrange my cans anytime in her pj's....:P

Did Jane give up working in the laundrette?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Was it “wheely Dan”

nah it was that geezer tommy dillons brother i think that fell down the stairs and ended up in a wheelchair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The worst actor I have ever seen. It's actually hilarious when he's on screen now.

I wont be popular but I was thinking he was getting better as time went on and the other day I felt he was being less Caricature in the show than when he first joined . - thought he was starting to sound less camp as well than when he first joined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Jaysus the cut of Orla with her flowery skirt from the 1950s. With unmatching navy jacket and white wooly jumper. Along with her radioactive red hair. Could she possibly make herself look any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That daughter would ask her husband whenever she gets married to beat her, saying 'you are a good man, and I deserve this'.

Her character is coming across as a retarded daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Will beats Christiano up and Phoebe says " you lost your temper, these things happen".

She's an even bigger idiot than her mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fahy90

Painful stuff. I really don't know why I continue to watch this. Also how long has Will had that cut on his face? I've seen people recover from a stroke quicker.

So I started watching it late tonight, decided to fast forward through will/phoebe/mairead then after watching another while I decided to fast forward through ray/wayne/orla. And sure I had the whole episode watched in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

How are we supposed to believe this tripe,
    How did them 3 gob****es get past his pass codes
    I think these "writers" are straight from Balamory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

How are we supposed to believe this tripe,
    How did them 3 gob****es get past his pass codes
    I think these "writers" are straight from Balamory

TBF i dont think i remember him entering a pass code when he used the phone....

As for the Feeby bashing..i think she's playing the part of a kid from a dysfunctional family well...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

As for the Feeby bashing..i think she's playing the part of a kid from a dysfunctional family well...:o

Think she is brutal tbh, but so is most of the cast.
    Have to echo a previous poster, this is gone so bad, I have no idea why I am still watching it.

The whole carol, Lee, Hayley, Aidan thing is just another example of a storyline gone wrong.

And as for sleep press tidier Melanie...wtaf is the point?

It wasn't always this bad, was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

If I were Phoebe, I would have told Will where to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Well compared to Ellie and Juliet she's a fantastic actor. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Marriage Counselling last night
    Legal advice tonight
    She'll be a surgeon tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Phoebe must have an IQ under 100.

Oh great a vacancy Phoebe can be the lawyer full time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Is ellie still on to the computer gaming .

Oh dear god this driving lesson story is dragging on way too long now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I actually cant look at Bosco any more.

Lee does not give off a tough mad rough debt collector look :p

• Advertisement

Leave off ellie. She's on her phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Leave off ellie. She's on her phone.

With her friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

If RTE would employ decent writers there might be a chance of saving FC. Get rid of Bosco,Orla,Phoebe,Juliette,Renee,Ellie,Laura,Lee,Darragh,Erica,Will and Bella.

Give decent story lines to decent actors. They could write such interesting stories for Jane, Tommy, Hughie and others. I think even Mondo and moaning Melanie could work as a couple with a well written plot.

Instead all we get is Paul getting tricked again and again. Orla/Wayne/Junior on repeat. Renee on a rant, Carol foaming at the mouth,Sharon scowling. The same over and over and it never changes.
    Rant over. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If RTE would employ decent writers there might be a chance of saving FC. Get rid of Bosco,Orla,Phoebe,Juliette,Renee,Ellie,Laura,Lee,Darragh,Erica,Will and Bella.

Give decent story lines to decent actors. They could write such interesting stories for Jane, Tommy, Hughie and others. I think even Mondo and moaning Melanie could work as a couple with a well written plot.

Instead all we get is Paul getting tricked again and again. Orla/Wayne/Junior on repeat. Renee on a rant, Carol foaming at the mouth,Sharon scowling. The same over and over and it never changes.

Also ban them from going out for Coffee!

Did Melanie sleep clean when homeless, living in her car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I haven't seen the Wednesday episode but I presume Melanie is still sleep rearranging. Would the thrashing of the cans not wake everyone up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Yeah they could have had a decent story with Richie and the whores but that came to an abrupt halt. Actually I remember seeing Leo playing a pimp in some Irish film. I can't remember what it was called but he was good in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I haven't seen this for a good few weeks now. Is Snarler involved in a gangster storyline? And has Orla stopped whingeing? It was Orla that put me off, her miserable puss every single night could sour milk.

I haven't seen this for a good few weeks now. Is Snarler involved in a gangster storyline? And has Orla stopped whingeing? It was Orla that put me off, her miserable puss every single night could sour milk.

Oh she's grand now, even though Junior is still in the hospital and she has apparently stopped trying to steal her biological daughter off the neighbour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

This is what I really want to do to Phoebe :mad:

source.gif

It's all about bosco and bosco and bosco.

• Advertisement

Mondo and Melanie holidaying on RTE 1 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Not a bad programme, she is great craic - not a bit like Melanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think Bosco needed a reality check

jos28 wrote: »
    Not a bad programme, she is great craic - not a bit like Melanie.

Good luck pronouncing her surname mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

Is Snarler involved in a gangster storyline?

It was part of the whole deal with Aidan, one of Ger's lender heavies. He came in, took over McCoys for about a day. Used it as a venue for his buddies and drug dealin'. Lee got roped in because he's attracted to cash and pipe dreams so he collected for Aidan.

Haley went to Snarler to make Aidan go away as Ger went to the Bermuda Triangle it seems. Snarler wouldn't do it until Aidan made comments about Robbie and Jack hinting at a proclivity for using freezers as a timeout space with the PhotoShop skills to prove it. Then it became "personal".

So Snarled snarled... A lot. So much you could put out a mixtape "The Snarly Snarls of Snarler." Snarls of hospitals, broken legs and scumbags. A few threats to tell teacher later and Aidan disappears. Well, until the actor's next rostering comes up and the soap induced amnesia sets in.

Where is Darragh, he would be better as a debt collector

Where is Darragh, he would be better as a debt collector

The actor is on their cycle off.

And they had to mention that Mondo was the winner of Celebrity Farm! I'd actually forgotten that. About 17 years ago? Really RTE? That's still relevant?

Does Mairead still want Will to get off, is she ashamed more of what will come out than protecting Phoebe, how lucky Alex is missing again, he could tell her how scared and hurt Cris was, he was missing for the Ciaran reveal also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Phoebe is badly in need of a slap and a big reality check. Mairead is a fool to let her speak to her the way she does and she's an even bigger fool to agree on selling the house.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement