Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

And they had to mention that Mondo was the winner of Celebrity Farm! I'd actually forgotten that. About 17 years ago? Really RTE? That's still relevant?

Well, that was a load of cow****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Oh she's grand now, even though Junior is still in the hospital and she has apparently stopped trying to steal her biological daughter off the neighbour.

Is he still in hospital? She said yesterday that Dolores was minding him, someone else another day, but no mention of hospital. All the stem cell treatment/hospital stay happened off screen and they said nothing, so I figured they just dropped the story altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The girl who plays Phoebe is getting on my nerves now. All the time shouting her lines and the one tone to everything

Bad acting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

KevW24601 wrote: »
    It was part of the whole deal with Aidan, one of Ger's lender heavies. He came in, took over McCoys for about a day. Used it as a venue for his buddies and drug dealin'. Lee got roped in because he's attracted to cash and pipe dreams so he collected for Aidan.

Haley went to Snarler to make Aidan go away as Ger went to the Bermuda Triangle it seems. Snarler wouldn't do it until Aidan made comments about Robbie and Jack hinting at a proclivity for using freezers as a timeout space with the PhotoShop skills to prove it. Then it became "personal".

So Snarled snarled... A lot. So much you could put out a mixtape "The Snarly Snarls of Snarler." Snarls of hospitals, broken legs and scumbags. A few threats to tell teacher later and Aidan disappears. Well, until the actor's next rostering comes up and the soap induced amnesia sets in.

Wow, thanks for the update. It seems absolutely nothing will stop the script writers plans for Aisling O Neils character. Shes been dining out on this cardboard gangster and associate of Billy Meehans rubbish for 20 years now. Its actually painfully predictable, she has some handy number on that show- turn up, light a fag, snarl, repeat until retirement. Its amazing she hasn't been axed by now. I know shes not the only boring character in it (like Paul and Delores and Orla) but the soap needs fresh blood to survive, not decades of false gangsters moll crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Covid-19 is spreading and Fair city's biggest problem is Melanie sleep walking !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Covid-19 is spreading and Fair city's biggest problem is Melanie sleep walking !

I'd say Bosco's driving is more of a problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,608 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ger is isolating from her holiday

I guess it'll be telltale how many weeks in advance episodes are recorded. First mention of Coronavirus, count back to the first week of March!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

I so want to slap Phoebe's face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Where were Bosco's L plates? And was that Orlas car he was driving? Eh there's an insurance question to be asked there?

How soon is this drive to the west? Because there are test waiting lists after EDT sign off and then another wait for the actual licence!

The cost of driving lessons and test fees, plus the wait for the test and license, then insurance on his own car, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a taxi to the west?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

The cost of driving lessons and test fees, plus the wait for the test and license, then insurance on his own car, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a taxi to the west?

Sure they could all use their travel passes and go on the train for free ! Bosco could even travel free as a companion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Good idea!

I was just assuming that the journey would be too difficult or impractical for Rose on public transport. Begs the question how Bosco got her back to Carrigstown that time too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

It's painfully obvious Bosco is put to the front cause RTE think being from Mrs. Browns Boys will be a big draw

Look, yes it has been successful and can be funny but with respect your man isn't some top actor. All the actor's from MBB are relations and friends of Brendan O Carrol. A couple of the proper actors that have appeared in it are ones that have only managed a crappy cheap film or a couple scenes in a ok TV show

He was a bad actor even for MBB which is practically stage acting that's filmed

The character is crap but I'm sorry your man is a terrible actor even by FC standards. The likes of Paul or Bella are Oscar worthy compared to his standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Fahy90

Is that not the very same car being picked up from the garage that Orla took Bosco out in for a driving lesson last week? Apparently she know's enough to have serviced it herself in the first place to. Who come's up with this sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Was nurse Bronagh the lady buying the car?

That fruit/sponge dessert cake has been on display in Vinos for years, it's fair moldy now I'd say. :pac:

Alex is awful happy to live on the couch, no room of his own, does he even have belongings? Clothes etc? Where does he keep them? He might just be glad he's not homeless anymore, but what kind of living arrangement is that for a teenage lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

How long before m air head is back believing will again?????

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Softkitty91

So Phoebe knows about the beating Will gave Cris which will claims it was self defence and that Mairead actully saw him a separate Time hit Cris and she hasn't added it up that Will did Will claim self defence for both times
    I swear Will could have a knife held to Cris and with loads of witnesses Phoebe would still saying ah dad you were defending yourself it happens
    She also mouthy madam Mairead should tell no I won't sell the house and you can stay with your dad in that dirty flat until you come to your senses

• Advertisement

Was nurse Bronagh the lady buying the car?

That fruit/sponge dessert cake has been on display in Vinos for years, it's fair moldy now I'd say. :pac:

Is she Deegan's nurse who has taken Will's job at Dolly's medical centre, also a mechanic now after Wayne?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is she Deegan's nurse who has taken Will's job at Dolly's medical centre, also a mechanic now after Wayne?

Yes, I think she's in a few episodes now!

I missed a couple of episodes a while back. Orla was looking rough and ready to crack . Then suddenly she's back to normal or as normal as Orla gets

What happened to bring about this dramatic change ?

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I missed a couple of episodes a while back. Orla was looking rough and ready to crack . Then suddenly she's back to normal or as normal as Orla gets

A side effect of Junior being in hospital for some reason is she ends up being all red and puffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

A side effect of Junior being in hospital for some reason is she ends up being all red and puffy.

:pac::pac::pac:

:pac:

It was some turnaround in fairness. All forgotten about and back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

I've been reading the spoilers for this weeks episodes and I see that Thursday brings more mention of
    Cass trying to persuade Bela to marry him. Are they going to go ahead with this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

SAMTALK wrote: »

She got a new script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Wayne 'Junior keep away from that swing'.

Where was Wayne when Maria Bailey needed him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Did anyone clock the name of the bleach in the kitchen press when Cristiano opened it?
    Glan Suas (Clean Up).
    I kid you not!

• Advertisement

Has Sash and Olivia gone to Spain?

I was expecting Phoebe to give poor Cris a slap, what a moody mare she is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Poor Junior the poor child, being offloaded to whoever will mind him for a few hours.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Sash and Olivia gone to Spain?

I was expecting Phoebe to give poor Cris a slap, what a moody mare she is

I know both sound bad

I wish ether Will thumps Phoebe or Cris still had lower body brusing and he lifted his shirt and showed Phoebe mabye she might cop on and see Will for what he is
    Aslo I'm suprsied Mairead hasn't snapped her they Phoebe speaks to her pisses me of and she acts like Mairead has it in for Will to be fair Mairead had been good towards Will considering he lied her to for 15 years but to dimwit Phoebe Will is the hero

Anyone hoping for a scene with Alex Juilet and Phoebe
    Dimwit Phoebe trying to join them and them shunning her and Alex giving her some home truths and Juilet just been her blunt self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm still laughing at Dumb and dumber Lee's hair............:D

340?cb=20180507074936

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What frightened him. The bleach or the toilet paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Who is the lawyer he looks familiar.

Melanie and Mairead awful edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fahy90

Will's solicitor is a better actor then half of the cast.

As for Lee.. He's much the same as Will. He just has one of those face's you wanna smack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why the hell is nurse creepy back? And when did her and orla become such good friends?

He was one of the priests in the father Ted Xmas special I'm sure, he was the lad that twisted his ankle because he was messing with a bra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Why the hell is nurse creepy back? And when did her and orla become such good friends?

We were just saying the same thing, I'm guessing she's going to be a bunny boiler or Nurse Jackie type.

I think she got will's job!

Seamai wrote: »
    We were just saying the same thing, I'm guessing she's going to be a bunny boiler or Nurse Jackie type.
    I think she got will's job!

I wonder does she know her beloved Danny boi is dead?

I remember he was doing bicep curls 💪 with weights and she was creeping on the door at him 😂

Phoebe saying Will shouldn't have to leave his flat hmm isn't it Paul Brennan' s flat and Cris is the one who pays ren't I doubt Paul would let that thug Will move back into the flat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Seamai wrote: »

Or she could be out to kidnap Junior

Fahy90 wrote: »
    Will's solicitor is a better actor then half of the cast.

As for Lee.. He's much the same as Will. He just has one of those face's you wanna smack.

Joe Taylor (Nighthawks)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

The exact same ending as last week,
    Lee screams at his sister she looks shocked
    And since when has Lee become a gangster,
    And since when was Lee a successful entrepreneur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Brave girl, 11, who battled lukaemia to make her debut on Fair City tonight

00fcb100ce.jpg

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/brave-girl-11-who-battled-17908625

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I wonder will the Covid19 pandemic halt filming

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement