Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If Fair City was recorded Today Melaine would have a fit because she'd have to organise child care for Alex!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will the Covid19 pandemic halt filming

Good point, had not thought of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bronagh is always sying he has to go to work but all she is doing is walking around bladdering to Wayne and Orla about a car she never seems to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Jeez, the actress playing Juliette is brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

If Fair City was recorded Today Melaine would have a fit because she'd have to organise child care for Alex!

Don't you know covid 19 is RACIST?!

jos28 wrote: »

"Hellooo that's for you to figure out" in her big D4 accent!

All the way from Manchester :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

jos28 wrote: »

Totally not a radical bitchy "cool" high school girl.

They'd really ought to have a coach on set for the child actors. And maybe 90% of the adults as well...

I'm in my late twenties and between soaps and social media teenagers are portrayed in a very bad light but they ones't I've met in the last few weeks are alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Junior won’t have PE tomorrow, poor wee lad. Who is the creepy nurse after, Orla or Wayne?

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

Great time for Junior to be going back to school with the Corona Virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lee lending money in the pub - what if Haley had spotted him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Thats not an accent ,its an affliction....she sounds like one of those new-fangled talking speakers....i'm old...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I don't know how the other actors don't burst out laughing when they have to share a scene with Juliette. The scene between Juliette and Mondo last night was comical. Mondo had a coffee and his hands kept shaking. I'm convinced he was trying not to laugh.

Thats not an accent ,its an affliction....she sounds like one of those new-fangled talking speakers....i'm old...:o

Phoebe is the very same affliction / toneally now that I think of it. With the faux American accent and overenunciating everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I don't know how the other actors don't burst out laughing when they have to share a scene with Juliette. The scene between Juliette and Mondo last night was comical. Mondo had a coffee and his hands kept shaking. I'm convinced he was trying not to laugh.

Bosco is 10 times worse. Any time he says anything, I say to myself "ohhh yes he is" "ohh no she isn't" or variables of those. Atrocious actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

If its hip, new and all in to sound like one of those new-fangled talking speakers then I'm glad I'm old.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I haven’t watched in weeks as my dad has been quite unwell.

has the father of Howiya Hayley been revealed or are they still dragging that out?

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    I haven’t watched in weeks as my dad has been quite unwell.

has the father of Howiya Hayley been revealed or are they still dragging that out?

No mention of him at all, she was on a mission to find out who he was a few weeks ago and then all of a sudden it was like she just forgot about the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Late Late's coming from Anto & not Hayleys Mas front room!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Late Late's coming from Anto & not Hayleys Mas front room!

Featuring the smallest couch in Ireland!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 haydoyo

No mention of him at all, she was on a mission to find out who he was a few weeks ago and then all of a sudden it was like she just forgot about the whole thing.

I think it's Bela. Bit of a ladies man in his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Where's the lovely Detective Steve when all this stuff in McCoys is going on?

Poor Junior only gets a day in school. Orla and Wayne would be worried sick about the corona virus as Junior would be vulnerable, pity they can't do something quickly on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

threetrees wrote: »
    Poor Junior only gets a day in school. Orla and Wayne would be worried sick about the corona virus as Junior would be vulnerable, pity they can't do something quickly on that.

It's nice to watch something for half an hour with no mention of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

First time anyone has seen the Collins's bathroom!

happyday wrote: »
    It's nice to watch something for half an hour with no mention of it.
    main-qimg-685819208232fe7a3b9a7e755e2105e8

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Lee changing to a hard man... sleepwalking... nurse bronagh... not a great time for the show.

I was catching up on the episodes this week and watched Thursday instead of wed by mistake. Didn’t realise until there was no preview at the end. There was pretty much nothing that happened on wed that I needed to see to make Thursday make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Shakyfan wrote: »
    First time anyone has seen the Collins's bathroom!

Including the Collins’s themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

I gave up, too many rehashed storylines....& then others that vanish overnight like Sash & baby

• Advertisement

Icsics wrote: »
    I gave up, too many rehashed storylines....& then others that vanish overnight like Sash & baby

She's off on a family holiday with Tommy...........:p

haydoyo wrote: »
    I think it's Bela. Bit of a ladies man in his day.

Yeah he was a bit of a horndog back in the day all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Funny looking at the Patrick's Day leprechauns on the streets of Carrigstown for the Patrick's weekend when everything is cancelled and pubs closed.

A few weeks is a long time.

I wonder if they will have to stop filming this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Tuesday night should be gas. All the regulars will be celebrating Paddy's Day in the pub, while all of us are at home drinking Lidl beer and wine. :D
    Seriously though, stay safe everyone, it's a scary time.

Yeah he was a bit of a horndog back in the day all right.

And now it turns out he likes the company of men............Bella Schofield.......:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,608 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tuesday night should be gas. All the regulars will be celebrating Paddy's Day in the pub, while all of us are at home drinking Lidl beer and wine. :D
    Seriously though, stay safe everyone, it's a scary time.

You're lucky my local Lidl had not much left, might have to resort to mouth wash :p Take Care Everyone

Daddy is Trigger Foley or one of his scummy mates, Hayley gave up the search after talking to Carol and Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I'm moving to Carrickstown. The pubs are open, business as usual in the cafès and no mention of the C word.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Wouldn't Bella have to pay CGT on the house he inherited from Charlie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 apollo95

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    I'm moving to Carrickstown. The pubs are open, business as usual in the cafès and no mention of the C word.

Sure, Phoebe's in every episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Wouldn't Bella have to pay CGT on the house he inherited from Charlie?

I'm not an expert but I would say yes and a nice hefty sum at that. Did I miss why Charlie didn't leave it to TJ ? Who owns the Mags Kelly Community centre now that Charlie is gone to his eternal reward ?

And Bella not wanting his children to inherit the house when he pops his clogs...what's all that about.

Surely Phoebe's hockey scholarship would be cancelled by now as she has not returned even though EU flights banned, lockdown :p

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

According to the sun online after this week there'll be only 2 episodes a week until filming resumes.. the Will thing is just going to drag on and on snd on

According to the sun online after this week there'll be only 2 episodes a week until filming resumes.. the Will thing is just going to drag on and on snd on

When's that trial meant to be taking place anyway? Cause you can't really do anything with it now other than Will being a slime and Phoebe being a blinkered brat, Jake, Mairead and Damien having pep talks with Cristiano to not pay them mind ad infinitum.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

KevW24601 wrote: »
    When's that trial meant to be taking place anyway? Cause you can't really do anything with it now other than Will being a slime and Phoebe being a blinkered brat, Jake, Mairead and Damien having pep talks with Cristiano to not pay them mind ad infinitum.

Not sure when the trial is, but until then itll be the same conversations in the same places with the same people

Not sure when the trial is, but until then itll be the same conversations in the same places with the same people

Yup. Never have truer words been spoken.

Shur somebody could do edit a few old episodes of them going in and out of Spar a few times and people bumping into one another.
    I don't think people would tell the difference!

Mairead doing Will's washing, can he not afford Hughie's laundrette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Mairead doing Will's washing, can he not afford Hughie's laundrette

I think Phoebe came into Spar looking for change to do it herself in the launderette but Mairead offered to do it instead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement