Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

You're an imposter. Everyone knows Paul Brennan has no hair to pull out

In fact, similar to Tommy Dillon, Paul Brennan never pulls out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PaulBrennan

In fact, similar to Tommy Dillon, Paul Brennan never pulls out.

It's a wonder he doesn't have more kids! I guess he's trying to hold onto his wealth, seeing how he is a Billionaire.

We are due a new character arriving in Carrigstown revealing themselves as a long lost offspring of Pauls! He did untold damage in the 80s spreading his seed around the country.

We are due a new character arriving in Carrigstown revealing themselves as a long lost offspring of Pauls! He did untold damage in the 80s spreading his seed around the country.

There'd be no kids in Carrigstown if it weren't for Paul and Tommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,608 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pulling me hair out over here with no Fair City on the telly.

What do we think about Killo, is he ripping off Nora or is Pete in the wrong? Opinions please, want to get a bit of a discussion going about it to fill that void.

I think Killo is good we always get too many bad eggs at the start so let him be good

Carol to take him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Killo will be Nora's little project. She will be there for him at that pivotal stage in his life where he either follows one path and becomes embroiled in a life of crime or follows an alternative path and becomes a publican and a bookie. If you like making amends for when she was not able to be there for Robbie. As we all know Robbie would have being a major crime figure if he wasn't a publican and a bookie.

There will be more than a fair share of hiccups along the way with Killo getting into many scrapes and we will be left wondering at times if he is destined for the life of crime path. But at the end of a turbulent journey he will come good and do all who stood by him (including his alcoholic mother who also turns her life around and becomes a hero in her own right) proud.

Fair City...predicable or what?

Killo will be Nora's little project. She will be there for him at that pivotal stage in his life where he either follows one path and becomes embroiled in a life of crime or follows an alternative path and becomes a publican and a bookie. If you like making amends for when she was not able to be there for Robbie. As we all know Robbie would have being a major crime figure if he wasn't a publican and a bookie.

There will be more than a fair share of hiccups along the way with Killo getting into many scrapes and we will be left wondering at times if he is destined for the life of crime path. But at the end of a turbulent journey he will come good and do all who stood by him (including his alcoholic mother who also turns her life around and becomes a hero in her own right) proud.

Fair City...predicable or what?

Far from it, I was thinking he would turn out to be one of Paul Brennan's long lost children and receive his inheritance of the Brennan Clan's fortune.

Nah I wouldn't think so. I think that story has already being done. Something different is needed.

Nah I wouldn't think so. I think that story has already being done. Something different is needed.

Tommy Dillon offspring?

Tommy Dillon offspring?
    Nah, Tommy Dillon would have being more concerned with increasing his herd size down in Kilkenny when Killo was conceived. As far as I know he would not have had any real connection with the big smoke until more recent years when he went up with his wife and family for his wife to open/ join a medical practice. But hey it wouldn't be the first time that there would be blatant inconsistencies in Fair City storylines.

• Advertisement

Nah, Tommy Dillon would have being more concerned with increasing his herd size down in Kilkenny when Killo was conceived. As far as I know he would not have had any real connection with the big smoke until more recent years when he went up with his wife and family for his wife to open/ join a medical practice. But hey it wouldn't be the first time that there would be blatant inconsistencies in Fair City storylines.

Yeah but wasn't there a storyline that Tommy was donating sperm when he was younger? So it is entirely plausible that this is one of his kids.

A phenomenal watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F5dz3OFZ2o

I forgot what a don Seamus Mcaleer was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Nah I wouldn't think so. ]I think that story has already being done. Something different is needed.[/QUOTE

That hasn't stopped them before :D

Eoghan or Pete as Killo's daddy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Speaking of his brood - does anyone know did Callum leave as part of a storyline or is he just offscreen?

Sparko wrote: »
    Speaking of his brood - does anyone know did Callum leave as part of a storyline or is he just offscreen?

According to the wiki he is in Spain working with Rachel Brennan on the restaurant: http://faircity.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Callum_Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's on tomorrow night, thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

What's the schedule for the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

thesultan wrote: »
    What's the schedule for the week?

I think it’s Sunday and Thursday at 8 for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A phenomenal watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F5dz3OFZ2o

I forgot what a don Seamus Mcaleer was.

#1 or #2?

This was #1
    017_1a4e2cafa567e6acd9cdd3dd31f2463ef5608c55.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I think it’s Sunday and Thursday at 8 for the next few weeks.

thanks, I wondered that myself. Tuned in Tuesday and Wednesday

#1 or #2?

This was #1
    017_1a4e2cafa567e6acd9cdd3dd31f2463ef5608c55.jpg

Both played the character very well. I was talking to some guys from the old Fair City FB fan page and they were saying that the first wasn't great at all. They seem to have excluded him from most of the write-ups on the character too and only focus on #2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The boarding school that Ruth went to for only 2 days. It wouldn't be Headfort in Co. Meath by any chance? I'm asking because it's closing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

According to the wiki he is in Spain working with Rachel Brennan on the restaurant: http://faircity.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Callum_Black

I've never seen that site before! Some interesting "facts", like on Paul's page:
    "During the outbreak of Coronavirus in Carrigstown in 2020, Paul Brennan sold Hand Sanitizer and Surgical Masks door to door to the people of the town. His prices were largely met with criticism. It is believed that a 200ml bottle of hand sanitizer was sold to Cass Cassidy for in the region of 70 EUR."

Will read some more tomorrow to help relieve the self isolation boredom!

Sparko wrote: »
    I've never seen that site before! Some interesting "facts", like on Paul's page:
    "During the outbreak of Coronavirus in Carrigstown in 2020, Paul Brennan sold Hand Sanitizer and Surgical Masks door to door to the people of the town. His prices were largely met with criticism. It is believed that a 200ml bottle of hand sanitizer was sold to Cass Cassidy for in the region of 70 EUR."

Will read some more tomorrow to help relieve the self isolation boredom!

Yeah it's a good read, and also pretty actively maintained/edited by some of the die hard Fair City fans. Some of it is borderline fan fiction but you can usually get the low down on a specific character from it.

Fun fact, if I recall correctly one of the guys who runs it used to write for fair city, so that's kind of cool.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a good read, and also pretty actively maintained/edited by some of the die hard Fair City fans. Some of it is borderline fan fiction but you can usually get the low down on a specific character from it.

Fun fact, if I recall correctly one of the guys who runs it used to write for fair city, so that's kind of cool.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I heard it was created by Stephen Ball, the actor that plays Oisin Brennan. Not sure who actively maintains it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Bronagh to Cristiano just now: 'The best thing you can do is get out and meet people'
    Ehhh update Bronagh, thats the very worst thing you could do right now
    #socialdistancing

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Bronagh to Cristiano just now: 'The best thing you can do is get out and meet people'
    Ehhh update Bronagh, thats the very worst thing you could do right now
    #socialdistancing

Bronagh is about a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Carol is being very flirty with the new fella.

Carol is being very flirty with the new fella.

I’m unsure about him.
    He’s either a good guy or a bad one.
    I wonder is he taking advantage of teenagers or something.

• Advertisement

Cristiano trying to act tough at the end not very convincing.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The guy Dearbhla is hanging around with is gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

fin12 wrote: »

thr noncey grinds teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Do they ever put old fair City on line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Wonder how Katie O'Brien is with all this self isolating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Are they still showing this on stv or did it get quietly dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

thesultan wrote: »
    Do they ever put old fair City on line?

No repeats
    No DVDs [aside from a couple of one-offs]
    No streaming

Typical RTE attitude to their archive.

Is he the lad who played Spuddy in Damo and Ivor too?

Denzo Bishop? If so, then yes, that's the same person.

Seriously Cris should report Phoebe to Deegan and the Gardai, plenty witnesses in The Station of her bullying harassment

• Advertisement

Oh yeah. That's Denzo. Forgot all about him.

Anyone know who's the lad playing Cian?

The paedo lad they’re on about isn’t Denzo though.

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Wonder how Katie O'Brien is with all this self isolating?

She’s probably like why the f* k couldn’t this happen when I was in the box?

What? No way. Dearbhla the girl who Dean likes, she’s dating another fella.

What? No way. Dearbhla the girl who Dean likes, she’s dating another fella.

No, as another poster reminded me, that's Denzo Bishop. I want to know who this Cian lad is played by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Did you notice the 2 empty cups of coffee/tea he gave to them in them in Hotpot?

I'd generally like to see an episode of Fair City when they had to self isolate.
    No Mccoys, Station, Vino's, Social Distancing in Spar.
    I wonder would they all suddenly pull out coffee machines, would Orla have to look after Junior instead of fobbing him off on Dolorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

http://faircity.shoutwiki.com/

I've never seen this wiki before? Who is running this? I'll make a few edits so long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, seems to be fairly detailed so fair play to the lads maintaining it.

This account of the Surrogacy storyline has enlightened me as to how ridiculous that whole thing was/is http://faircity.shoutwiki.com/wiki/The_Orla_and_Wayne_Surrogate_Fiasco_2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I'd generally like to see an episode of Fair City when they had to self isolate.
    No Mccoys, Station, Vino's, Social Distancing in Spar.
    I wonder would they all suddenly pull out coffee machines, would Orla have to look after Junior instead of fobbing him off on Dolorus.

How would the writers even pull this off, with all the "random" meetings all the characters do in these places. Take phoebe for example, how could she be shouting at everyone about how innocent her dad is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement