Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,852 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How would the writers even pull this off, with all the "random" meetings all the characters do in these places. Take phoebe for example, how could she be shouting at everyone about how innocent her dad is

She’d do a live stream on Facebook!

Hour long episode tonight from 19:30!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Is that lady going to interview Will singer Lucia Evans?

https://youtu.be/k0DkuuilumU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Phoebe needs a muzzle. Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

She has a point, though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Bela here's a tip - if you don't want to talk about something, don't dramatically rip a letter up when you have company.

Kilo's mentor, has really aged badly. Mid 20s here and I think this was 1997. So around 48.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Is that lady going to interview Will singer Lucia Evans?

https://youtu.be/k0DkuuilumU

She looks finials for sure!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I've never seen a pub with a spiral staircase up to the toilets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Indeed no , it's a compo case waiting to happen, imagine trying to negotiate that when you're three sheets to the wind.

• Advertisement

Kilo took a few grams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A priest!

Carol looks disappointed.

A priest!

Carol looks disappointed.

She wouldn't be the first Carrigstown pub proprietor to turn a priest's eye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Isnt there one at The Church on Jervis St.?

Haven't we all worked with an undermining, gaslighting as they say now, sh*te like Will...

Leo asked his son will they chill out and watch a match that night. Also the Priest was reading the Evening Herald and it showed a page where Paul Curran had wrote a piece on some Dublin game (was a picture of a Dublin player). Brings back the memories when sport was a real thing.

I think Will has the traits of a psychopath

Leo asked his son will they chill out and watch a match that night. Also the Priest was reading the Evening Herald and it showed a page where Paul Curran had wrote a piece on some Dublin game (was a picture of a Dublin player). Brings back the memories when sport was a real thing.

Now they can only watch the Belarus derby :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Anyone get a whiff of Brendan Grace's character in Father Ted off Bronagh.

"I've had my fun....."

Also Paul Curran headline had 'Joe is right'. I was trying to think what Brolly said in February..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Why was today's episodes stretched into an hour, I'm sure they could have cut out a few scenes and left it thd normal half hour

Also Paul Curran headline had 'Joe is right'. I was trying to think what Brolly said in February..

Yea maybe it was the Dubs v Tyrone game that Joe said shouldn't have gone ahead with the weather.

Why was today's episodes stretched into an hour, I'm sure they could have cut out a few scenes and left it thd normal half hour

Sure with the glacial pace storylines take and the amount of times they repeat the same scene just in a different location, they could squeeze a week's worth of episodes into one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

branie2 wrote: »
    I think Will has the traits of a psychopath

I reckon he’s sharpening his scalpers as we speak, so to speak!

I had no idea Liam was a priest

I'm not sure, I'm not based in Dublin.

Seamai wrote: »
    Indeed no , it's a compo case waiting to happen, imagine trying to negotiate that when you're three sheets to the wind.

I'd say it would be. Our local pub's insurers had a big payout after a customer fell on their stairs. The stairs were very good quality and well lit. Can't imagine what an insurer would say about a spiral staircase.

Why did they do an hour when they’re going to be so short on episodes?

It did surprise me. I have to say. Whilst I have seen some un traditional priests in the past. He was out there.

• Advertisement

Why did they do an hour when they’re going to be so short on episodes?

I r Think I read the TV listings a few weeks ago and they had an hour long episode on a Wednesday night and none of Thursday.(They may have been a match on).
    They were probably to lazy to do a re edit.

I r Think I read the TV listings a few weeks ago and they had an hour long episode on a Wednesday night and none of Thursday.(They may have been a match on).
    They were probably to lazy to do a re edit.

Weird thing was though, after ad break 2 (halfway) it started the way most episodes start which the morning scenes outdoors so they could have just split it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Barry know him, surely too young to have hurt Robbie and Robbie's mate from the industrial schools

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

She wouldn't be the first Carrigstown pub proprietor to turn a priest's eye ;)

Pete better keep an eye on Dolores as well.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Barry know him, surely too young to have hurt Robbie and Robbie's mate from the industrial schools

No wonder Nora was annoyed when she found out

It's years since I was there but was only thinking the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Holding an interview on a competitors premises & in the GP surgery; Fair City don't do HR very well do they?

As above the middle (2nd) ad break was a normal split between episodes; they could've done Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday this week.

Shows too how fast things change; daffodils on a number of characters clothing.

If I was bronagh I would have told Dolores where to stick her job. Dozy Dolores believed will straight away about the young lad stealing drugs from the clinic. Even when bronagh was sure he didn't, dozy Dolores was still believing will the liar

If I was bronagh I would have told Dolores where to stick her job. Dozy Dolores believed will straight away about the young lad stealing drugs from the clinic. Even when bronagh was sure he didn't, dozy Dolores was still believing will the liar

Yeah that was just odd. And wanting to report it immediately, I kept shouting do a stocktake! Although in the end that's what Bronagh did but Dolores definitely came across like a total moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Its a better storyline if she stayed and we see Bronagh and Will go head to head..the end scene was brilliant....

Loving the ever-expanding Carrigstown....and the cars (that fcuking red Merc included) not stopping at the "STOP" sign......:P

Its a better storyline if she stayed and we see Bronagh and Will go head to head..the end scene was brilliant....

Loving the ever-expanding Carrigstown....and the cars (that fcuking red Merc included) not stopping at the "STOP" sign......:P

Its deffo a better story that she stayed, and maybe she only stayed so she can get revenge on will, so phoebe can go mental at her again and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

At least they updated Carol's wardrobe. Two new jackets and a pair of leather pants. At least she wont be frozen in her skirts.

Jane is helping out in the front line!

EUWFjYRXsAEmb69?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

When evil will lied about cassa being an alcoholic could that not have been breach of confidentiality and should have been fired on the spot even though not true but shows his lack of discretion and unable keep a lid on sensitive matters.
    And the ending - game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

thesultan wrote: »
    At least they updated Carol's wardrobe. Two new jackets and a pair of leather pants. At least she wont be frozen in her skirts.

Carol looks better of late, I don't know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Isolation does that to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

In fairness she always looks well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ok so will has the interview for a new job in his current place of employment.

Ger Liam and Carol on the RTE Guide cover, does Ger know Liam, Hayley's daddy?

fin12 wrote: »
    Ok so will has the interview for a new job in his current place of employment.

Was Will's new potential job interviewer the social worker involved in Ellie and Heather's case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Will's new potential job interviewer the social worker involved in Ellie and Heather's case?

Think so, I remember her being in the show before because wasn’t she on the voice of Ireland.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement