Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

fin12 wrote: »
    I think Robbie is the new Ram, he never turns down an opportunity.

I think wanderer is actually Karl Shields, so desperate to get away from having to kiss the walking ash tray he's hoping the writers will see all the criticism of the character and get rid of her :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I think wanderer is actually Karl Shields, so desperate to get away from having to kiss the walking ash tray he's hoping the writers will see all the criticism of the character and get rid of her :p

Ha ha I wish! Plus its absolutely and entirely possible that nobody on Fair City even heard of boards.ie and the existence of this thread, especially the more, ehen, up their own backsides actors and actresses who think they are something special. I do wonder sometimes do they ever read this but id say they never even heard of boards.ie and go about their lives as normal every day.

Ha ha I wish! Plus its absolutely and entirely possible that nobody on Fair City even heard of boards.ie and the existence of this thread, especially the more, ehen, up their own backsides actors and actresses who think they are something special. I do wonder sometimes do they ever read this but id say they never even heard of boards.ie and go about their lives as normal every day.

Oh I'd agree, I know there's a few that always thought the writers read here cause of a couple quips that seemed to be from in here but frankly 99% of people I've met have never even heard of the site tbh and well, most of the ones that do know of it aren't fans :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Is this you Wanderer2010? On the left.

468225.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Robbie is the new Ram, he never turns down an opportunity.

Who will be knocked up first by him, Carol or Hayley or Sharon :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Sharon, of course, it's so obvious, innit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,272 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

threetrees wrote: »
    This nonsense between Erica, Doug and Daragh is just silly. "Me friend fancies ya", is that all FC can come up with? This "just friends" malarkey is going on with Damo and Mairead too. Hardly riveting.

Doug making all the classic "nice guy" mistakes. Can't even ask a girl out but then becomes angry when someone else makes a move on her instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    Doug making all the classic "nice guy" mistakes. Can't even ask a girl out but then becomes angry when someone else makes a move on her instead.

He did ask her out, he asked her to go to the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

'Melanie' was on Weekend AM this morning. Whoever said before that the Christmas story would he her homeless was bang on the money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

All three of them, in ten years time you'll have three little grease monkeys walking around with their slicked back :pac:.

He did ask her out, he asked her to go to the cinema.

He did but in classic "nice guy" fashion. What he has been doing wrong is not letting Erica know he fancies her and that he sees her as a potential girlfriend. He's been clinging to this "we're just good friends" nonsense when clearly he wants to get it on with her.

All that has happened is that he has found himself friend zoned after taking way too long to let her know he was interested in her (a mistake many people make). Having said all that, I'm not sure she ever fancied him to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Patww79 wrote: »
    'Melanie' was on Weekend AM this morning. Whoever said before that the Christmas story would he her homeless was bang on the money.

I'm just thinking about the reaction to it by people and the poor homeless woman.
    She hasn't asked anybody for help.
    She also spends a lot of money in Vino's/etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I'm just thinking about the reaction to it by people and the poor homeless woman.
    She hasn't asked anybody for help.
    She also spends a lot of money in Vino's/etc.

I’d rather watch Melanie and her son than the whole Collins Santa suit crap story. Very hard to listen to Sharon and her giving out all the time.

I was looking for a present for my mother for Christmas and stumbled upon this.
    I think it's Orla's cardigan that makes her come out in a rash. It's a coatigan.

48362594_2218680178165197_3359011381520105472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=84b9ea176b532cf5c280aa47ed54ac70&oe=5C922C97

https://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_352010393894_-1

Strazdas wrote: »
    He did but in classic "nice guy" fashion. What he has been doing wrong is not letting Erica know he fancies her and that he sees her as a potential girlfriend. He's been clinging to this "we're just good friends" nonsense when clearly he wants to get it on with her.

All that has happened is that he has found himself friend zoned after taking way too long to let her know he was interested in her (a mistake many people make). Having said all that, I'm not sure she ever fancied him to start with.

Your one did fancy him at first but he took advice off daddy Collins to play like he's a stud and started on about all the women he's had and she found him a creep cause her ex fiance cheated on her and went off him

Never mind the fact when she realized he lied about being a womaniser to try and impress her

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poor auld Doug , shafted again, LOL

You'd swear Doug and Darragh we're in best friends since Junior infants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Haven't seen this in a while but they seem to have cleared out all the old cast, I only recognise Carol

Icsics wrote: »
    Haven't seen this in a while but they seem to have cleared out all the old cast, I only recognise Carol

New family have been in it a while now. Hayleys family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

New family have been in it a while now. Hayleys family.

The whole episode was about them, between Carol/Hayley, Doug/The bearded son, Carol/Sharon, Robbie/Hayley, Anto/The other son, nothing else happened did it?!

• Advertisement

Your one did fancy him at first but he took advice off daddy Collins to play like he's a stud and started on about all the women he's had and she found him a creep cause her ex fiance cheated on her and went off him

Never mind the fact when she realized he lied about being a womaniser to try and impress her

Yeah, Doug is not really good around women. You can tell he lacks experience in the dating department and he makes a lot of basic errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Cash_Q wrote: »
    The whole episode was about them, between Carol/Hayley, Doug/The bearded son, Carol/Sharon, Robbie/Hayley, Anto/The other son, nothing else happened did it?!

If I recall correctly there wasn't a Collinsless scene on thur night either

Is Carol and Det. Steve all over?

Carol and Steve seem to be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

I can see a Robbie-Sharon affair brewing. Robbie is the new Ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Poor auld Doug , shafted again, LOL

Always shafted, never shifted..

Of course. He has satisfied a few months of storylines and every single man who has a relationship with Carol ends up leaving the show. Never her though, weirdly.

I'm sick of the way they portray Doug.

He's a sound decent lad. Not terribly clever but he's not stupid either. Fellas like that get girls too. A lot of girls would see he's a nice fella and in it for the long haul, he'd get plenty of offers. He's not bad looking either and generally has a smile on his face.

The only thing that is getting on my nerves is his ear ring. It's like one of the old silver bovine ear tags from the 1980s:D

One time i felt Wanderer had it in for Carol a bit much. Not anymore. I'm completely sick of her. Why does she get (in my guestimation) more screentime than any other actor/actress in FC. Nobody gets more airtime, Paul, Decco...nobody.

She's one dimensional, when was the last time we had a fun or funny Carol storyline. She's just a cynical old hag. I think if FC put Carol and Robbie back together again, which seems inevitable, the show will lose viewership.

You can only live off the 1999-2001 period for so long, most especially the Billy Meehan period November 2000 to November 2001. Up to 5 years ago you could say she was attractive physically to some people, striking eyes etc. Now she literally looks like smoked haddock.

More could be done with the likes of Charlotte Bishop. There's no real romance going on. Her and Oisin/Callum. Nothing stories. She's 20/21 now and bar killing the father and her introduction with cancer 7 years or so ago..nothing. Good looking girl. Can act.

Oisin is an annoying little boll*x but probably a bit more time to give him a different type of storyline. Something a bit more than the usual Oisin pulls a cunning stunt (had to be carefull how i worded that:D).

Tessa, Ciaran's sister.. more new blood that we haven't seen enough of. A genuine attempt at a humerous storyline. We had more of these in the 90s. Not feckin Anto and the Santa suits..rubbish.

Junior, more of that kid, more charisma in his little finger that Orla and Wayne combined.

• Advertisement

One time i felt Wanderer had it in for Carol a bit much. Not anymore. I'm completely sick of her. Why does she get (in my guestimation) more screentime than any other actor/actress in FC. Nobody gets more airtime, Paul, Decco...nobody.

She's one dimensional, when was the last time we had a fun or funny Carol storyline. She's just a cynical old hag. I think if FC put Carol and Robbie back together again, which seems inevitable, the show will lose viewership.

You can only live off the 1999-2001 period for so long, most especially the Billy Meehan period November 2000 to November 2001. Up to 5 years ago you could say she was attractive physically to some people, striking eyes etc. Now she literally looks like smoked haddock.

I know we slag about me hating Carol, and again I reiterate its the character I cant stand not the actress obviously. But the fact remains that she has not got her 3 months break since the whole Trigger storyline, she literally has been on our screens every single week since then and her character has well and truly reached the end of the road, shes dining off Billy Meehan since 2001- everything with her is either some old connection to some gangster or else a rough and ready man enters her life and brings more gangsters into it. Its just pathetic, all of her storylines are the exact same.

Plus her snarls are the only way she can express herself, riling up on Robbie with her snarly old wrinkly jaw circa "I don't need any man in my life, im a tough cookie, im Billy Meehans widow, no man will ever.....blah blah foaming at the mouth". Shes gone from being pathetic to just annoying, seriously id love if they just told Carol they have no more storylines for her. Who knows, she probably knows someone high up in RTE, that probably keeps her safe, it is Ireland after all.

I'm sick of the way they portray Doug.

He's a sound decent lad. Not terribly clever but he's not stupid either. Fellas like that get girls too. A lot of girls would see he's a nice fella and in it for the long haul, he'd get plenty of offers. He's not bad looking either and generally has a smile on his face.

The only thing that is getting on my nerves is his ear ring. It's like one of the old silver bovine ear tags from the 1980s:D

I’m the same age as Doug and I’d go out with him in heartbeat. He’s really sweet :P

More could be done with the likes of Charlotte Bishop. There's no real romance going on. Her and Oisin/Callum. Nothing stories. She's 20/21 now and bar killing the father and her introduction with cancer 7 years or so ago..nothing. Good looking girl. Can act.

Oisin is an annoying little boll*x but probably a bit more time to give him a different type of storyline. Something a bit more than the usual Oisin pulls a cunning stunt (had to be carefull how i worded that:D).

Tessa, Ciaran's sister.. more new blood that we haven't seen enough of. A genuine attempt at a humerous storyline. We had more of these in the 90s. Not feckin Anto and the Santa suits..rubbish.

Junior, more of that kid, more charisma in his little finger that Orla and Wayne combined.

Bishop Brennan wedding ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Bishop Brennan wedding

Couldn't help but think of Bishop Len Brennan :P

"Don't call me Len you little..."

threetrees wrote: »
    I can see a Robbie-Sharon affair brewing. Robbie is the new Ram.

The current state of Robbie, how can he get it up for 1 lady let alone 3 :p

I love how Robbie was blaming Carol for them sleeping together, like as if he had no part to play in it and the. Did he also say that it took for him to sleep with her again to realize that he wanted a divorce. ��

He’s a right slapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

bazermc wrote: »

00112e43-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

Nome of the 30 strong team thought to add the apostrophe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Why has the new garage only got an open door and the rest of the windows are frosted. Most garages would like to show off their stock through the window especially to a busy main road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

bazermc wrote: »

Peggy's Tea Rooms sounds like a new addition to the daily schedule the residents are on, after starting with a coffee in Spar and Vinos they can make their way to the park to get another one there and bump into whoever they're bumping into everywhere that particular week.

00112e43-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

Nome of the 30 strong team thought to add the apostrophe.

Nice Audi ۩

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    Why has the new garage only got an open door and the rest of the windows are frosted. Most garages would like to show off their stock through the window especially to a busy main road.

It seems kind of possible to me seeing the fact Wayne is involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

If there was a Bishop-Brennan wedding they would have to get Jim Norton to play the priest.

I was watching Love/Hate online during the week and Erica was in it, she played Elmo's GF
    The one who was punched in the face by the 'RA lad

Kerry_2008 wrote: »

Also, the buildings not having slanted roofs looks bizarre :

00113114-800.jpg

All buildings in suburban town centres in Dublin like Phibsborough, Drumcondra, Terenure etc have traditional slanted roofs, just like the houses. Flat roofs are unheard of on older buildings.

I know we slag about me hating Carol, and again I reiterate its the character I cant stand not the actress obviously. But the fact remains that she has not got her 3 months break since the whole Trigger storyline, she literally has been on our screens every single week since then and her character has well and truly reached the end of the road, shes dining off Billy Meehan since 2001- everything with her is either some old connection to some gangster or else a rough and ready man enters her life and brings more gangsters into it. Its just pathetic, all of her storylines are the exact same.

Plus her snarls are the only way she can express herself, riling up on Robbie with her snarly old wrinkly jaw circa "I don't need any man in my life, im a tough cookie, im Billy Meehans widow, no man will ever.....blah blah foaming at the mouth". Shes gone from being pathetic to just annoying, seriously id love if they just told Carol they have no more storylines for her. Who knows, she probably knows someone high up in RTE, that probably keeps her safe, it is Ireland after all.

She was a baby actress on the Riordans..RTE soap royalty!

• Advertisement

Bishop Brennan wedding ;)

Presided over by Bishop Brennan who receives a swift kick up the ar*e during the ceremony.. leading to a 6 month who dunnit.

Sparko wrote:
    Peggy's Tea Rooms sounds like a new addition to the daily schedule the residents are on, after starting with a coffee in Spar and Vinos they can make their way to the park to get another one there and bump into whoever they're bumping into everywhere that particular week.

Not to mention a stop off in all the other popular coffee joints - the Hungry Pig, Brewzers, McCoys and The Station. They must all be buzzing with the caffeine consumption

Hughie to Melanie on getting in early and great minds think alike.

It was bright and sunny. Given the sun rises in Dublin at 8.40am these days bright and early in Carrigstown is after 9.30!

I know this was filmed around early October but still the 30 script writers can't cop the basics.

The coffee machine looks covered over in Spar. The residents are going to be lost for things to do.

Jim.. 'the Grizzly bear'.... spot on Header!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement