Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Ray has upper body strength. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

If Dolly and Pete are suposse to be a couple, why are they social distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

If Dolly and Pete are suposse to be a couple, why are they social distance

Cause they’re not a couple in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

bazermc wrote: »
    Cause they’re not a couple in real life.

I know dat I know dat
    But then dont cast them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    I stopped watching Corrie years ago so presume he's been on in the last 2-3 years?

But recall him from Red Rock & I thought he was good in that; RTE could do worse than try poach some script-writers from it.....and don't break them!

May get back to watching Red Rock; think I only saw 1st Series.

It was last year I think, I can't even remember what his role was but I'm fairly sure he was just in two scenes. Possibly a teacher. I only remember it because I had watched Red Rock so I recognised him from that.

I quite enjoyed Red Rock myself - presumably on a much smaller budget but I think they did a great job and was disappointed when they messed around with the scheduling and eventually cancelled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,992 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sparko wrote: »
    They call him a "former Corrie star" which is a massive exaggeration for someone who had a bit part in two episodes.

He is in the broadcasting media ad also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭thesultan

Any sign of Carol. This week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

thesultan wrote: »
    Any sign of Carol. This week?

I can just imagine it, lying in bed with empty cans and fag butts all over the room

Is Yates back in Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Yer wan from Dirt Birds is Ericas Ma > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1213/1184153-shock-arrival-on-wednesdays-fair-city/

In fairness Erica is playing the vulnerable adult that she is brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What's the connection between Juliette and your man? :confused:

What's the connection between Juliette and your man? :confused:

If I remember correctly he was hired as a grinds teacher for her and maybe Alex. Juliette took a shine to him and they kissed but I was almost sure she basically launched herself at him and he didn't reciprocate but I can't remember for sure.

Catching up on Sunday Nights Episode; the pressure being put on Erica is unreal & f*****g scandalous, she's not comfortable with the pregnancy clearly but can't explain it or isn't being let but fair dues to FC writers this is a scenario plenty of women who're pregnant experience from all sides so it's important to be told.

Onto Cian; so it took me til tonight to actually realise it is a totally different actor despite what I and others've posted in last few days; my bad; pity the other lad, like why recast? He was working out okay I thought?

Dearbhla & Cian're in Janes house because.....Tommy lives there so let's move the whole fam in is it? Him & Jane, Callum & them; anyone else living there?

Dean & Cristianos spat? Whoever wrote those lines needs to get out more. Ronnies coat is fair shimmering; humming even! You'd think they'd both utilise the young lad given they're the only 2 Vendors in Carrigstowns "Food Park" or whatever it's supposed be...

Pete the big thick laying it on thick with Doug & Erica; Be the Lort but he doesn't do tact does he?

Tommy saying Cian & he should have a pint to see where the relationship is going? Didn't they already do a sit down chat before? Or is it a case of hope the viewers forget that it was with the previous actor so you get two such scenarios for price of one?

Juleit "Hi, How's it going, See you"; crikey but that was both awkward & grim.....

Has Ericas Ma ever been mentioned? Like she came with Darragh didn't she?

That open house design in Orla & Waynes house is a head-wrecker; brutal it is & pointless.

Erica......Allen? 1st Time her surname's ever been uttered I think?

As for Dougs marriage proposal & her negative to it? Again she's done well in that scene; sometimes FC scriptwriters do it right.

Neili (sp?) Conroy (Sharon) & Tina Kellegher (Ger) were on RTEs Today with Maura & Daithi during the week > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1213/1184142-fair-city-stars-have-a-laugh-on-today/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The way Delores and Pete are going on about the baby is a joke, she’s only 5 weeks pregnant, anything could happen. 12 week mark is when they say u should start telling people but I know this was taken out of Erica’s control.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    The way Delores and Pete are going on about the baby is a joke, she’s only 5 weeks pregnant, anything could happen. 12 week mark is when they say u should start telling people but I know this was taken out of Erica’s control.

Pete on about schools and creches was totally stupid and ott, Pete and Doug are hardly brainboxes

Surely Doug would have told his chef brother and mother

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Pete on about schools and creches was totally stupid and ott, Pete and Doug are hardly brainboxes

Surely Doug would have told his chef brother and mother

Has there been any mention of Jackie since she ran away. Are her and hughie still married?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Who is
    Carol's
    unwanted Christmas day guest?

Is it
    Louis
    ?

fin12 wrote: »

Definitely.

Even if she fully wanted the child the way they were going on about never getting your life back etc was enough to make me feel stressed nevermind her, sounded more like the end of the world than a great thing it should be

Definitely.

Even if she fully wanted the child the way they were going on about never getting your life back etc was enough to make me feel stressed nevermind her, sounded more like the end of the world than a great thing it should be

While we now know how this (Ericas Pregnancy) will pan out ultimately (er don't we?) and I do get it happens & it's necessary to deal with (has it ever been done on Fair City before I wonder) in interests of PSB I do think that, yet again, it's all to f*****g rushed.

Christmas time is coming up, let's run a big storyline; they should've let her deal with other options for the pregnancy, tease them out on air but nope, within a few weeks the storyline is effectively over.

I get the Ciaran/Katie/Kidnapping storyline was the complete opposite & viewers got bored by it very soon (too quickly) but this is another example of a rushed storyline since filming resumed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    While we now know how this (Ericas Pregnancy) will pan out ultimately (er don't we?) and I do get it happens & it's necessary to deal with (has it ever been done on Fair City before I wonder) in interests of PSB I do think that, yet again, it's all to f*****g rushed.

Christmas time is coming up, let's run a big storyline; they should've let her deal with other options for the pregnancy, tease them out on air but nope, within a few weeks the storyline is effectively over.

I get the Ciaran/Katie/Kidnapping storyline was the complete opposite & viewers got bored by it very soon (too quickly) but this is another example of a rushed storyline since filming resumed.

Well if u want to have an abortion in Ireland, you can only have it up to 12 weeks so in that sense there is a time issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

This fued with christiano and Dean is woeful. My kids don't carry on as bad as them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

All eau de Cologne and fanta orange. WTF

This is unwatchable. I think I need to take a break. Nothing is happening now Yates is off "de case".

Now if Cris was to hit Dean a box in the face, that would improve things quite massively.

Erica's bitch of a ma dropping truth bombs is mildly entertaining though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Did I hear Tommy say to Dearbhlas' fella Kian that he had four daughters, it was mentioned in the first half of the episode.

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    All eau de Cologne and fanta orange. WTF

That actually made me giggle 😂

iguy wrote: »
    Did I hear Tommy say to Dearbhlas' fella Kian that he had four daughters, it was mentioned in the first half of the episode.

He did. The 3 girls with the doctor and presumably Sash's baby.

Erica's bitch of a ma dropping truth bombs is mildly entertaining though.

Spot on about Dolly though :p

I never got the impression Erica had family issues with her parents :confused: did Darragh or her other fiance meet them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

I can't really remember the Cian story, was he a private tutor for Juliette? And he came on to her? Or was it the other way round?

Also, is that the same actor? Cian looks awfully like the gothy Philip who Dermot and Jo fostered.

What's up with Wayne? Did he lose a fair city contract or something? All a bit silly not having him here.

• Advertisement

He did. The 3 girls with the doctor and presumably Sash's baby.

Ta, I knew he had 3 with Judith, and son Zak,
    I know he's juniors father also, and I know a few vague details about juniors storyline, I didn't realize he's babies father, apologies now, why didn't Orla have a baby with Tommy, I know she's married to Wayne and all, I know they didn't have to do it the conventional way, there's others ways and means, etc...
    Once again I'm sorry, but I only watch fair city on a sporadic basis... if anyone can fill me in....
    Tia ...

threetrees wrote: »
    I can't really remember the Cian story, was he a private tutor for Juliette? And he came on to her? Or was it the other way round?

Also, is that the same actor? Cian looks awfully like the gothy Philip who Dermot and Jo fostered.

What's up with Wayne? Did he lose a fair city contract or something? All a bit silly not having him here.

I think Cian was teaching Spanish to Juliet and possibly Alex too. She had a crush on him and I thought she kissed him and he pushed her away but maybe I'm remembering it wrong. That's not how they described it tonight anyway.

The actor has changed but only this week. He was definitely still played by the original guy recently. It's strange that he's only bumping into Juliet now because he's been hanging around for months with Dearbhla.

The actor who plays Wayne lived in the US at one stage because I remember he had to evacuate during fires in California. If he still lives there part of the time then maybe he couldn't travel back during covid.

It is a different Cian now, he was a tutor for Juliette who she fancied and kissed, Mondo threatened to beat him up and get the Gardai involved, hard to imagine this actress as a 15 year old

The actor who plays Wayne lives in America, was his house burnt or damaged in a bush fire

iguy wrote: »
    Ta, I knew he had 3 with Judith, and son Zak,
    I know he's juniors father also, and I know a few vague details about juniors storyline, I didn't realize he's babies father, apologies now, why didn't Orla have a baby with Tommy, I know she's married to Wayne and all, I know they didn't have to do it the conventional way, there's others ways and means, etc...
    Once again I'm sorry, but I only watch fair city on a sporadic basis... if anyone can fill me in....
    Tia ...

I think they tried the IVF route with Orla and Tommy but it didn't work so they eventually settled on using Sash as the surrogate. So biologically the child is Tommy and Orla's, but Sash carried her and Orla agreed to let Sash keep the baby because she just wanted the baby to donate marrow or something to save Junior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I think they tried the IVF route with Orla and Tommy but it didn't work so they eventually settled on using Sash as the surrogate. So biologically the child is Tommy and Orla's, but Sash carried her and Orla agreed to let Sash keep the baby because she just wanted the baby to donate marrow or something to save Junior.

I think Tommy produced the product!

New actor,(Used to played a central character in red Rock) not Gothy Phillip, although there is a resemblance,

Victor Burke who plays Wayne Molloy is based in Malibu, CA, America, Fair City is not his main job, he's a screenwriter amongst other things, so assumably he can't travel back to Ireland for his role in Fair City, due to the current situation.
    He's quite a shy and humble individual, the odd pic surfaces of him with major Hollywood personalities, he's worked on major high budget and successful productions.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭jams100

It seems that when you leave dermot fahheys old house you just walk into another room. Facepalm!

I'm done with fair city, the storylines and acting has been appalling since covid, just kept hoping it would improve.

That Dean and Cristiano thing is one of the worst storylines they've ever had and its just going on and on...they'll somehow drag that into 2021

Playing Catch Up on Wednesday nights episode.

Dean & Cristiano; c'mere lads til I beat some sense into the storyline a 4th Year/TYP wrote while on work experience.....

Way Juliet's going on it's like 15 was ages ago; she's playing 19 I think now but let's be honest I guess; 4 years can be about 2 Fair City episodes!

She came onto him though; teenage crush & he resisted & she spun it a certain way to save face I think?

Big fan generally of Bobs voice; isn't he Bob in real life too or is it Bill Murray his name? I presume he does audio books?

Erica's playing this well so far; well done Fair City writers; pity it won't last but I hope, post miscarriage they continue to deal with this sensitively & compassionately & realistically. Er

Dolores & Pete're practically living in Orla & Waynes along with Erica & Doug....and Juniors "upstairs" no doubt, then there's Bronagh who comes round to visit....Dolores......

Ericas Ma; yeah had her young ish no doubt & so feels some sort of guilt over Erica ruining her life? Also never spoken of ever before & has never featured on Fair City; so Dolores just goes and blabs to someone she doesn't actually know as such; oh & it's only since Sunday we now know Ericas surname, Allen......how long's the character in it?

Ah here; yer wan Juliet doing a live-stream in the Pig; I'm quare glad I ain't a teenager anymore; no way would my peers've put up with that type of s***e in Secondary School; it'd've been wedgies all round.

"I thought she was Ericas sister"; G'Wan Pete ha ha!

jams100 wrote: »
    It seems that when you leave dermot fahheys old house you just walk into another room. Facepalm!

I'm done with fair city, the storylines and acting has been appalling since covid, just kept hoping it would improve.

That Dean and Cristiano thing is one of the worst storylines they've ever had and its just going on and on...they'll somehow drag that into 2021

To be fair that's always been like that; I always thought it was some class of a 3 sided porch where you exited either left or right with a roof over head towards the wall with Rattan blind.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ah I remember the Cian story now, thank you. This written apology/confession will come back to bite him!

Victor Burke in America, makes sense now. I forgot about that.

I wonder are we supposed to assume that there's a few more food trucks in that "gastropark" or whatever it is that Mondo keeps calling it, but they're just off camera so we don't know about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Couldn’t believe it when Doug said he was 30 last night. I thought he was supposed to be only 21 or 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You'd swear Erica was about to pop any day instead of a few weeks gone with the way Doug is getting all worked up.

I thought dolly and Pete weren't buying the house? So if they now have why the u turn on giving it to Doug and Erica?

Edit: what I mean is why did they decide against giving it to them the first time?

Do they own the house ALREADY? I mean we were ten weeks from placing an offer to getting the keys and that is virtually unheard of. The house is hardly even on the market yet, she only decided to sell it last week!

• Advertisement

When is Cris and Will's trial?

Couldn’t believe it when Doug said he was 30 last night. I thought he was supposed to be only 21 or 22.

Doug has appeared in fair city since 2007 and then he was portrayed as a 16/17 year old, jeepers though it's mad to think he's been in the show that long... I feel old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

In fairness Doug is a grand chap. He has an awful lot of good qualities and not a bit of badness in him.

Erica is lucky. Here's to nice old fashioned love and romance and Doug and Erica!

Do they own the house ALREADY? I mean we were ten weeks from placing an offer to getting the keys and that is virtually unheard of. The house is hardly even on the market yet, she only decided to sell it last week!

It was a cash sale, so that may be the reason... no auctioneer involved, probably just a solicitor involved in deeds transfer.

Pete was right in saying Dolores would do anything for Wayne, she's always bailing Wayne out, even though there is a risk he'd blow it all,
    Pete has a sensible head on him, always seems to be a power struggle between Dolores and Pete, and on occasion she hasn't been afraid to remind Pete the money is 'her's'.
    Also I wonder are the writers going down the route where Erica leaves Doug and the baby when babies born or the post natal depression route, or as is possible depression whilst pregnant, or probably a combination of a 3 issues....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement