Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    It's often been commented on here that Orla looks dreadful when bawling. I'm not the first to use the word lobster in that context. Her skin does look seriously red. When she's smiling and in good form she looks much better.

The poster who was, rightly, red carded called me a 'nasty cnut'. There are serious anger problems there. Calling someone that name, with all it's connoctations, after making a jokey post on a soap opera.

At any rate the posts were dealt with. You're only coming in here to be a shining knight and collect your thanks.

For a person more than capable of being very nasty you do come across as quiet sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

For a person more than capable of being very nasty you do come across as quiet sensitive.

Look I've never come across you before on the Fair City thread and I'm a lurker since 2010 and joined up last year.

It's patently obvious that you're a friend of Ms. Collyflower from some other thread. Probably Coronation Street. I took the liberty of looking at your profile as I like to know who I'm dealing with.

All your talk of 'nasty person' etc is simply an attempt to get me to rise and say something I'll be banned for. I don't respond to risible taunts. I'm not a hypocrite either. I don't preach about not speaking badly of others from 'behind a computer' only then to call a person nasty...from behind a computer.

Bye bye;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Whats the story with Wayne and the crutches? had he an accident or something. The permanent physio he has too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Lively here last nite. First time i heard someone called a cu.t over describing a soap character. must be the covid gettin to some. In fairness that was out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pcgamer wrote: »
    Where was junior?

Bela can barely move, should be cocooning but he offers to babysit Junior a kid who sick recovering and not related to him

What age is Darragh from Erica now after Bronagh?

I find Darragh involved with Erica and Doug after what happened, strange

Bob doing piggy damage was so bad

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bela can barely move, should be cocooning but he offers to babysit Junior a kid who sick recovering and not related to him

What age is Darragh from Erica now after Bronagh?

I find Darragh involved with Erica and Doug after what happened, strange

Bob doing piggy damage was so bad

Very strange. Even if there wasn't a little bitterness things would be awkward. In fairness Darragh is a forgiving chap. Like it's only last February/March.

Bela is fairly shook looking, Jim Bartley is 75. Cass (Eamonn Morrissey) is 78.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

One of the suspects will probably be Louis that's living with Carol.
    However there was nothing more about that young lad who robbed Nora's phone a few weeks ago.

The only suspect, everyone will think it was him and we will find out it wasn’t him. ZzZzZzZz

threetrees wrote: »
    Who do we think robbed the house? A FC character or just a randomer to freak Orla out?

Neil, Oisin, Callum, Alex, Cian or Lee or someone new connected to Ger or Tommy????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Neil, Oisin, Callum, Alex, Cian or Lee or someone new connected to Ger or Tommy????????????

What about the "Killer" lad; he didn't O/D in the jacks in the Station; he was revived/saved......I think?

Could be a way of getting Fr. Liam in (way Caddle spoke to him on Christmas Day it was like he'd resigned from the Priesthood.....!) to scenes or indeed it could be another troubled youth albeit under Fr. Liams wings?

Can't see it being any of the others mentioned; no motive like; sure Neil is out of it for so long now he only gets an odd passing mention; he was a chef in Galway most recently when Pete and Doug or Jackie or a combo were going to visit him; cos ya couldn't be bringing Fair City on the road; I think it's been done but now idea where/when or the storyline.

So time for my usual running commentary synopsis; some will make no sense as the storyline unfurls as I'm commenting & watching it and my questions get answered later in the episode......

Bob dancing on pigs head & ripping it up from previous episode was funny; Rays boycott is probably gonna shut it down except he hasn't been seen in there in yonks.....continuity!!!

Erica's playing this well; I just think Doug's out of his depth.

So this is New Years Eve; something I, and the characters, need to bear in mind when watching it back; I presume they & SWs do this?

Guessing they've separated Bob & Renee cos although they're the only couple in real life who can be together on screen, they've run out of storylines for now?

So Junior stays with Bella & Cass for second night in a row? It's New Years Eve like; family occasion surely?

Getting Bronagh out; fair play to her; I get they're close etc. But in ordinary terms, for anything other than a M/C or similar I thought house calls were a thing of the past sadly.

Anto being told by Darragh; "I won't say anything"; yeah lad, I'd say everyone Doug told said that too....and Doug himself told not to tell anyone else.

Notice how the scenes with Orla & the Robber person are done? We've never seen the upstairs in that house so they had to go from one to the other & make it look like she's looking down....

First for seeing the jacks too; interesting wallpaper; left over from Tolka Row?

Good scene with Doug & Erica when he raised the counselling option.

orla coming out of the jacks with a toliet roll stand to batter Mr. Robber......

Yes Sash style is amazing these past few episodes.

He nicked the tablet the bad b altogether; she's in bits now because that was her only/main way of communicating with Wayne & for Junior to see him too; she'll also blame herself for leaving the door open after receiving the delivery pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So time for my usual running commentary synopsis; some will make no sense as the storyline unfurls as I'm commenting & watching it and my questions get answered later in the episode......

Bob dancing on pigs head & ripping it up from previous episode was funny; Rays boycott is probably gonna shut it down except he hasn't been seen in there in yonks.....continuity!!!

Erica's playing this well; I just think Doug's out of his depth.

So this is New Years Eve; something I, and the characters, need to bear in mind when watching it back; I presume they & SWs do this?

Guessing they've separated Bob & Renee cos although they're the only couple in real life who can be together on screen, they've run out of storylines for now?

So Junior stays with Bella & Cass for second night in a row? It's New Years Eve like; family occasion surely?

Getting Bronagh out; fair play to her; I get they're close etc. But in ordinary terms, for anything other than a M/C or similar I thought house calls were a thing of the past sadly.

Anto being told by Darragh; "I won't say anything"; yeah lad, I'd say everyone Doug told said that too....and Doug himself told not to tell anyone else.

Notice how the scenes with Orla & the Robber person are done? We've never seen the upstairs in that house so they had to go from one to the other & make it look like she's looking down....

First for seeing the jacks too; interesting wallpaper; left over from Tolka Row?

Good scene with Doug & Erica when he raised the counselling option.

orla coming out of the jacks with a toliet roll stand to batter Mr. Robber......

Yes Sash style is amazing these past few episodes.

He nicked the tablet the bad b altogether; she's in bits now because that was her only/main way of communicating with Wayne & for Junior to see him too; she'll also blame herself for leaving the door open after receiving the delivery pizza.

Deliver..oooh.....

If that wasnt bad enough he/she knocked over the chrimbo tree...ah here ,no need for that....

Feel uncomfortable watching poor Bella now....he'n no ken Barlow ...sozz

Interesting episode of FC from 1997 uploaded by KillianM2 a few days ago. Much better than today.

Wayne is so fresh looking. Lorraine is starting to go out with Dr. Jack. His demeanour and general chat is a bit off putting..sign of what was to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Interesting episode of FC from 1997 uploaded by KillianM2 a few days ago. Much better than today.

Wayne is so fresh looking. Lorraine is starting to go out with Dr. Jack. His demeanour and general chat is a bit off putting..sign of what was to come.

That was quite enjoyable! Definitely better quality than today. Interesting to see Bella again when he had more of a role.

Also reminded how entertaining Hannah was.

Sparko wrote: »
    That was quite enjoyable! Definitely better quality than today. Interesting to see Bella again when he had more of a role.

Also reminded how entertaining Hannah was.

So many passed on, Brendan Cauldwell (Paschal), Pat Leavy (Hannah) so funny as you say. Joan O'Hara (Eunice).

It's a little scary seeing Bella (Jim Bartley) at 53 and how the 23 years since have made him so frail. Ageing is scary.

Lorraine (Maeve McGrath) was so pretty. I had a bit of a crush on her! One night the Fair City crew were out in Langtons, a well known pub in Kilkenny. I plucked up the courage to chat to Maeve McGrath. She was lovely. Wayne (Victor Burke) lets a shout over at me. 'Hey you! I'm watching you. Stay away from my sister'!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

None of us are oil paintings but.. the state of Orla. Big red, blotchy, lobster head on her. She has desparate skin. It's like a new born baby's arse. And this coming from a girl who stated, in all seriousness, that she was Ireland's Jennifer Anniston. Mother of Jaysus.

U know she could have a skin condition, rosacea or anything. To be honest I think most of us look pretty rough after a mad session.

Bistro = Vinos

Yes they're extracting the urine with Bella/Jim Bartley; it's insulting to him as a person & actor; he's in a wheelchair; bring it into the storylines surely? Esp. with the coccooning nature of this virus.

Hannah, Pascal & Eunice were all good characters & played by good actors too & yes Hannah had some cutting lines during her stint there.

Eoghan & Gary are in what is/was Sarah O'Learys house which was sold recently; inhabited by Sean, purchased by Pete & Dolores + also Leo & fam lived there too.

Annette Daly; in & out of it sporadicly since as an actress + character; how did she end the last time? Permanently? The Fire right?

Annettes office = Chariot & Hayleys & Niamhs.

Frank was Sylvester Garrigan subsequently right?

Barmaid with, like Stephen before her & Tracey/Tracy in Eastenders, had no lines; just serve customers & smile, died at the wedding; can't think of her name but she was to be married to Ray; I think it was Barry who crashed into her? Niamh & Seans Ma; did they have any other siblings?

Paschal & Hannahs place; it's now Bob & Renees.

fin12 wrote: »
    U know she could have a skin condition, rosacea or anything. To be honest I think most of us look pretty rough after a mad session.

I think it's the combination of that mournful bawling she does and the look. As I was saying earlier her skin looks fine when she's out and about and chirpy. And her looks in general.

That whole mournful Orla package annoys me irrationally. Probably got an overdose of it with Junior's illness etc.

Barmaid with, like Stephen before her & Tracey/Tracy in Eastenders, had no lines; just serve customers & smile, died at the wedding; can't think of her name but she was to be married to Ray; I think it was Barry who crashed into her? Niamh & Seans Ma; did they have any other siblings?

That'd be Gina. I think Juliet's mam is also one of Gina's kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How about mad Lucy burgled Orla and Wayne's house the other night! I think their was a picture smashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

How about mad Lucy burgled Orla and Wayne's house the other night! I think their was a picture smashed.

The thought of Lucy coming back just gave me the shivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    The thought of Lucy coming back just gave me the shivers.

Dolly would probably take her in again!

Oh yes mad Lucy but she was more after Dolly than Orla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Lucy was one of my all time favourite characters. Lorna Quinn played the roll so well. She was in Love/Hate for a season but never heard much of her since. Lucy was up there with baddies like Terence, Dr. Jack, Paddy Bishop, Bill the American, Annette Daly's partner, Billy Meehan etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think I'll call Lucy Loopy Lucy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did they find the key to the fancy dress cupboard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why is Bella/Jim Bartley in a wheelchair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why is Bella/Jim Bartley in a wheelchair?

He's been unsound on his feet for a few years. Looked like his hips/knees. Maybe arthritis.

He had a stroke about 6 years ago too.

Is it common knowledge that Olivia is biologically Orla's? Anto and Sharon didn't seem to question why she had a charm bracelet for her.

I thought it was all hush hush but it was hard to keep up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Arduach wrote: »
    He's been unsound on his feet for a few years. Looked like his hips/knees. Maybe arthritis.

Orla just asked him to mind junior for another few days. While the poor man was in his wheelchair !

Any reason for Bela on screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

The last actor they put to pastures sued the hole off them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Who ...was it. Only watching tonight after months. So is Alex a new actor or has he aged 10 years. And why does anto suddenly look same age as his sons.

I don’t get why throwing out her clothes is going to help here. She got robbed but now she is chucking more stuff away, makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I think he said in a previous episode he had neuropathy - where you lose sensation in your feet hence the wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I don’t get why throwing out her clothes is going to help here. She got robbed but now she is chucking more stuff away, makes no sense.

Looks like she gets robbed again as well.

Who was that? Which one? Paul Raynor who played Harry Molloy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Who ...was it. Only watching tonight after months. So is Alex a new actor or has he aged 10 years. And why does anto suddenly look same age as his sons.

Rachel Sarah Murphy, Jo Fahey

Looks like she gets robbed again as well.

Really? Is there anything left to rob lol

Rachel Sarah Murphy, Jo Fahey

Ya and rightly so.

They don't seem to've written the actors situation into it since they came back which is a shame because with it and with or without Covid it could be a storyline & some PSB (Public Service Broadcasting) too.

• Advertisement

Olivia; a year old? In real terms or Fair City terms?

So Junior has practically stayed with Bella & Cass for 3-4 days over New Years? New Years Eve & Day're a family occasion not to mention Bela & Cass're not related & Covid 19 vulnerable.

The break in has not exactly been covered has it?

Bosco acting for the slip & fall? Then touching the funny bone to ham it up......

The Olivia bracelet; the thought process in that scene is Anto & Sharon know; they don't; I'm surprised they didn't ask why she'd a bracelet for Olivia.

The preview seems to indicate she's getting burgled again too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

They don't seem to've written the actors situation into it since they came back which is a shame because with it and with or without Covid it could be a storyline & some PSB (Public Service Broadcasting) too.

They seem to have made a balls of the whole Covid thing. They went from one extreme - Dolores sanitising her hands every two minutes - then to people having parties, vulnerable people babysitting vulnerable kids.

They could have had a storyline where Bela had Covid and was recovering in a wheelchair.

If people want more Covid misery , ye can just watch news channels about it 24/7. Stop banging on about it not being in the soap.

If people want more Covid misery , ye can just watch news channels about it 24/7. Stop banging on about it not being in the soap.

I agree with this, EastEnders have abandoned it completely and it's just easier for everyone. People here were complaining that FC didn't have level 5 restrictions for Christmas when it's filmed weeks in advance. The writers gave it a shot and it just wouldn't be possible for them to get right. Better to just drop the Covid stuff, I'm sure we will all be able to figure it out anyway.

That said I haven't seen FC since before Christmas. I can't put myself through it. Keeping up with the thread though!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I agree with this, EastEnders have abandoned it completely and it's just easier for everyone. People here were complaining that FC didn't have level 5 restrictions for Christmas when it's filmed weeks in advance. The writers gave it a shot and it just wouldn't be possible for them to get right. Better to just drop the Covid stuff, I'm sure we will all be able to figure it out anyway.

That said I haven't seen FC since before Christmas. I can't put myself through it. Keeping up with the thread though!

It’s great seeing Eastenders not entertaining Covid. People watch these things for a bit of escapism.

So the absence of Sean & Damien (and Mairead/Phoebe as a result too I guess....Will hasn't been around much either) is somewhat explained by the Olympia Panto > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0104/1187628-olympia-theatres-online-panto-has-run-extended/

It’s great seeing Eastenders not entertaining Covid. People watch these things for a bit of escapism.

All the soaps are incorporating Covid in some way, Sonia had a meltdown tonight in Eastenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I agree about wanting to avoid Covid in the soaps and people tuning in to get a bit of relief of the hole Covid debacle ... but look at it this way , there are people out there that believe these soaps are *REAL* - I could almost hear them at home saying "so and so hasnt washed their hands" - "So and so isnt wearing a face mask" ... and "they are not standing 6 feet apart!" (not realising that camera shots can make the actors appear closer than they really are , or are separated by glass/perspex between them in filming technique) - and then they will go "ah well if thats what they are doing then I dont have to bother protecting myself when I go out by safe distancing and wearing a mask or washing my hands then!"

So just the sake (for those kind of people who cannot separate soap from real life) at least if they see their idols or characters doing the same as what we are supposed to be doing onscreen then maybe there is some logic in that aspect of including these things on the soaps ... even if it does look OTT a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lemmiwinks86

Am not being mean but would they not just axe Bella...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Am not being mean but would they not just axe Bella...

I think it's time alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement