Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who took over Dr. Judy's medical practice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Is Paul out of hospital yet?
    Do your man that pushed him get arrested?
    Why can't Wayne come home?
    What happened Maireads OCD?
    What happened in Wills Trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who took over Dr. Judy's medical practice?

Dr. Crippen I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Pcgamer wrote: »

So many questions, we may never have answers to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Was Sean evicted? Is he homeless now?
    How come Cristiano doesn't bump into Will every ten seconds?
    Is Melanie's storyline about being an Armenian translator going anywhere?

They've always been crap at pacing but it's ridiculous lately.

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    Was Sean evicted? Is he homeless now?
    How come Cristiano doesn't bump into Will every ten seconds?
    Is Melanie's storyline about being an Armenian translator going anywhere?

They've always been crap at pacing but it's ridiculous lately.

And ger's dodgy list, is that story finished too now her and Sharon are BFFs again

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The orla actor deserves an Oscar nomination for her performance with the big lad last night. Ffs

Ridiculous that standoff between sash and Tommy’s daughter about a child looking at a screen. Bottom of the barrel stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

dixiedan wrote: »
    The orla actor deserves an Oscar nomination for her performance with the big lad last night. Ffs

Jesus ive had panic attacks..none like that.......thought she was going to explode sending lobster coloured m and m's all over Darradh....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Sharon seemed so concerned aboutt Orla's gaf being burgled and then two seconds later forgets and gives Darragh a spare key to Orla's gaf without telling her.

Then Darragh starts creeping around opening up shelves without permission? So soon after the place being ransacked?

It's a pity the meat heads playlist ran out as Orla was swinging that hurley like Christy Ring and he was two seconds away from meeting his maker.

It's gone more Wayne's World than Wayne's Wheels lately. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

Never seen a college prank like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think Orla and Darragh might break the 2 meter rule, they are looking very cosy .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

There's no flies on that Ger lass. Darragh had that same look as hundreds of testosterone fuelled young men leaving Coppers at closing time. He put those Jaffa Cakes away like a man that knew he was going to be using up much needed energy reserves only for Ger to ruin his lustful intentions.

The pedo tash on Alex is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Darragh could be an Irish Jack Reacher

I think Orla and Darragh might break the 2 meter rule, they are looking very cosy .

Yes is Darragh after Orla and is Sash and Brows getting together?

Yes is Darragh after Orla and is Sash and Brows getting together?

Is brows not with the teacher fella? I thought they patched things up? Haven't seen tonight's installment but I thought sash and christiano were going to get together.
    What happened to darragh going after bronagh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Is brows not with the teacher fella? I thought they patched things up? Haven't seen tonight's installment but I thought sash and christiano were going to get together.
    What happened to darragh going after bronagh?

Darragh reminds me of a young bull in a field of cows, he's running around chasing everything and getting nowhere.

Now an old bull, say Tommy Dillion, has a look around at all the cows, follows one and does the business. He proceeds to pick on other vulnerable cows (Jo Fahey, Orla).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    Darragh reminds me of a young bull in a field of cows, he's running around chasing everything and getting nowhere.

Now an old bull, say Tommy Dillion, has a look around at all the cows, follows one and does the business. He proceeds to pick on other vulnerable cows (Jo Fahey, Orla).

The Tommy I remember would be back for the calves when they're old enough.

Wasn't he called the Ram or something by a few of the posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Okay so caught up on Wednesdays episode.

Orlas gaffe is like Heuston Stn. with so many people coming & going.

Bela? Like they're insulting Jim Bartley at this stage by putting him in a scene like that; no real reason for him to be there; they showed a crutch & no wheelchair; bit unusual but when they don't bring the wheelchair into the storyline & deal with Jim Bartleys issues through his character to educate & inform viewers, like PSB'ing is supposed to do I guess we can only keep scratching our heads.

Lee; what does Ger still have on him?

Back to Bella; the Nuptials with Cass got a mention "tonight" when Ger raised it; first time discussed since FC came back I think?

Cass is at least being given decent lines; Eamon Morrissey is still a fine actor.

Orlas panic attack was realstic at least; with the baby monitor beside her & the hurl/ey too it's clear to see why she wanted 'em back.

Again Renee with the hat........

Bosco with the lame ass acting again about the arm; for a few minutes tonight (Wednesday) I legit thought the actor was mxing up which arm and/or what part of the arm (elbow?) was hurt......it'll probably change in any case if it already hasn't such can be the inconsistency of FC storylines......

Darragh with the spare key that Orla gave to Bella to give to Cass or something? Way too casual; might as well go leave it off the latch entirely.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sunday 10th January
    Hughie insists on helping Bosco with his chores, while Dearbhla discovers that living and working with Tommy is too much. Orla and Darragh find themselves in an awkward position
    Wednesday 13th January
    Tommy is shocked when Cristiano lets slip that Dearbhla is considering moving in with him, while Darragh and Orla adjust to him sleeping on her couch
    Thursday 14th January
    Darragh and Orla are cornered when Wayne gets an update from Sash. Dearbhla is under pressure to give Cris an answer on the flatshare. Bob and Hughie receive news about Bosco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

And just like that Erica and Doug have been dropped. Missing for a few episodes now and no mention in the previews next week.

I actually thought they were doing a decent job with Erica and the actress was playing it well. But out she goes and we get to watch Bosco wincing with a sore elbow instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

oh I did like that scene with the ram and brows singing that song (the song I wont even try to pronounce! lol) and laughing - made it look natural ... and if I were a betting man would even say maybe improvised and not in the script but they sung it at the end anyway and the producers left in ? - maybe not the case but thats the way I would like to think of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Sparko wrote: »
    And just like that Erica and Doug have been dropped. Missing for a few episodes now and no mention in the previews next week.

I actually thought they were doing a decent job with Erica and the actress was playing it well. But out she goes and we get to watch Bosco wincing with a sore elbow instead.

No Carol either seems to have vanished.. The Spanish or Brazilian fellas character offers nothing..

Looks like Fair city or only doing short storyline now for some reason. Its really odd.

is it just me or did it seem totally inappropriate and out of character for christiano to scare the young lad like that driving him around in the back of the van , seeing as what christiano went through with the abuse of his fella?

Where TF is Jane....I miss her.....:(

Where TF is Jane....I miss her.....:(

she's doing OK - building snowmen at the moment ....

538818.jpg

Did Bella and cass ever get married in the end?

Did Bella and cass ever get married in the end?

No heard there riding like rabbits though

• Advertisement

No heard there riding like rabbits though

bloody hell must have been some ride - Bella's ended up in a wheelchair! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm happy to see Bella in it, if even in a wheelchair. He's had seated scenes for a long time now. Jim Bartley is a long time cast member, I'd hate to see him cast aside (pun intended) just because he's not as mobile as his younger self. He's a fine actor and if he's willing to work it's great to see him.

Sash and the screens, honestly in this day and age she's bonkers! Sure there's screens on the dashboard in cars and on feckin microwaves now!

threetrees wrote: »

Sash and the screens, honestly in this day and age she's bonkers! Sure there's screens on the dashboard in cars and on feckin microwaves now!

They'd be teachers watching this and they'd be thinking of how much of a pain of a parent she'd be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone see an affair happening between Orla and Darragh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

oh I did like that scene with the ram and brows singing that song (the song I wont even try to pronounce! lol) and laughing - made it look natural ... and if I were a betting man would even say maybe improvised and not in the script but they sung it pat the end anyway and the producers left in ? - maybe not the case but thats the way I would like to think of it :)

Yes it was a very nice scene. I sung along myself.

They'd be teachers watching this and they'd be thinking of how much of a pain of a parent she'd be.

WOW....:eek:.......for caring about her child...

• Advertisement

WOW....:eek:.......for caring about her child...

Yes, I know the type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Carol, Aisling O'Neill, looking lovely narrating a programme on the Riordans recorded in 2008.

Arduach wrote: »
    Carol, Aisling O'Neill, looking lovely narrating a programme on the Riordans recorded in 2008.

Forgot Carol with Blonde hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Arduach wrote: »

I think she looks much better now. She’s aging incredibly well. Not sure if she’s had a bit of help or not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sash is looking fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Defo Daragh giving Orla a lash

Why can't Orla and Junior go off see Wayne in Germany

Mammy..is Daragh my daddy now.....

Where is Sean, could he not move in with cousin Orla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lego on the floor trap definitely from Home Alone

Where is Sean, could he not move in with cousin Orla

Panto! So's MacLean Burke/Damien. Finished its run tonight (Sunday) as it happens albeit it was all pre-record.

€15 a head & as per a KCLR interview James Patrice did Saturday morning there were at least 30,000 Tickets sold; €450,000 would surely be more than it'd ordinarily pull in given that the Olympia can only hold X amount?

Though unsure of ticket prices & run duration saying that.

Boscos fall? Ah here; there's soccer players who dive who'd be disappointed in how easily he went down like. Brutal.

As for wearing slippers to work? Yeah you'd be sent home or at best assisted in tying your laces I suspect.

Tommys line to the daughter about Jane; ha ha! Mon the Ram!

Hughies "Home Help" offer to Bosco was all sorts of strange; they've never exactly been bessies; doubt either's been in others house on set.

Young lad with the Lego all over the floor? Someone's been watching Home Alone...

Bosco getting his er, knickers in a twist, over his smalls being seen by Hughie; bit pathetic like; kacks is kacks.

Darragh, a practical stranger to Junior and Orla going to stay the night............

On a kind of separate note I do like Hughie as a character & as an actor; please Fair City keep him & give him decent storyline & decent lines.

That Darragh & Orla situation is so strange; defo leading to a bit of jiggery pokery or at least a soap version; awkward silences, looks, maybe a hug if that's not crossing a Covid line?

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Boscos fall? Ah here; there's soccer players who dive who'd be disappointed in how easily he went down like. Brutal.

As for wearing slippers to work? Yeah you'd be sent home or at best assisted in tying your laces I suspect.

Would he even be at work if he was so bad?
    Also, it looked like he was the only person working in the shop.

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Darragh, a practical stranger to Junior and Orla going to stay the night............
    That Darragh & Orla situation is so strange; defo leading to a bit of jiggery pokery or at least a soap version; awkward silences, looks, maybe a hug if that's not crossing a Covid line?

No fear of anything happening...they'll need a taxidermist to get those leatherette pants off her...she's been wearing them for 2 weeks now...ripe....:P

Better than fromby closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement