Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Sparko wrote: »
    I was wondering about that - was he last seen when Yates found his bag of stolen office supplies at Carol's house? It's hard to keep up with the storylines when they're dropped so abruptly and the cast is rotated so quickly.

The only one not being rotated, seems to be James Patrice’s Oulwan cleaning the counter in the Mags Kelly memorial & Leisure Centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The only one not being rotated, seems to be James Patrice’s Oulwan cleaning the counter in the Mags Kelly memorial & Leisure Centre!

Or Bosco, he is everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Hopefully the new Louis Gleeson won’t be a regular character. I can’t stand him. If they did a storyline where he moves to Spain with Bosco that would be great.

Hopefully the new Louis Gleeson won’t be a regular character. I can’t stand him. If they did a storyline where he moves to Spain with Bosco that would be great.

I kinda like Louis Louis :o

Is Sash straight or lesbian now, what about Lee or Darragh with her, had she a date before with one or both of them, is Laura gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I kinda like Louis Louis :o

Is Sash straight or lesbian now, what about Lee or Darragh with her, had she a date before with one or both of them, is Laura gone?

Well get Sash and Laura together for Bob!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Well get Sash and Laura together for Bob!

HA yeah! Bob likes the lesbianis.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Hughie afraid of Heather returning because......?

Please remind me of that storyline; thanks.

It sounds like it was in 2018 or 2019? She lobbed the gob right? But misread the signals & he tried palm her off but she's now twisting it or something? Or does he think she'll try rekindle whatever it was?

Maybe Hughie did feel some attraction towards Heather? Perhaps? Also wondering how he's gonna prevent the same thing happening again?

Waking up with Heather in his bed??

HA yeah! Bob likes the lesbianis.. :D

That was possibly the best line in FC ever.

Post head injury Heather was a brilliant character!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Thursdays recap; Orla on to Junior about going into Tommy in the hall who'll be showing them how to plant your seeds; when it comes to planting seeds, no better buachaill than Tommy in fairness!!!

That poem from Janes secret admirer? Lame af!

Bob & Hughie taking Renee out? Bit odd.......

Looking @ Orla doing the ironing......I presume it's never actually on like given how distracted you could get when acting?

Does Ger have an issue with Orla and why? I know she's his Aunt but she's going full on against Orla.

Also some on here have referred to Dearbhla; pure anecdotal observation but I think she's trimmed them brows so that can now be parked.

Why can't Brendan come home with Heather; is he still on the run over the Floyd situation?

Heather coming home to see Ellie? Fair play, sure the viewers haven't seen her in as long in fairness....

Calling Ger a bitter lonely auld wan in her 50s? Jayney I'd be that no problem if I'd a pub & the few pound she has!

Given that extras aren't a thing in Fair City due to Covid you'd wonder did they parachute in the person who, for a few seconds, played Lily (?) in from the actual RTE Canteen into the Pig?

Bosco promising Hughie he'll tell no one.......ba ha ha ha!

Actor who plays Hughie; again knocked it out of the park in the scene with Bosco over Heather; loved him in Prosperity by Lenny Abrahamson; one of Fair Citys better actors by miles.

Darragh, at the end, saying to Junior about they might not've caught the burglar & also that Wayne mightn't be coming back for a really long time..........part of his revenge or another way to get in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Nokia6230i I really love your synopsize of this complete crap program
    You say what id like to say without the curse words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Thursdays recap; Orla on to Junior about going into Tommy in the hall who'll be showing them how to plant your seeds; when it comes to planting seeds, no better buachaill than Tommy in fairness!!!

That poem from Janes secret admirer? Lame af! There once was a girl called Jane...

Bob & Hughie taking Renee out? Bit odd......i'd say no bother to her...

Looking @ Orla doing the ironing......I presume it's never actually on like given how distracted you could get when acting?

Does Ger have an issue with Orla and why? I know she's his Aunt but she's going full on against Orla...doesnt want any oul wan for her son...

Also some on here have referred to Dearbhla; pure anecdotal observation but I think she's trimmed them brows so that can now be parked...Derbhla Gallagher

Why can't Brendan come home with Heather; is he still on the run over the Floyd situation?

Heather coming home to see Ellie? Fair play, sure the viewers haven't seen her in as long in fairness....Expect a new slimmer version

Calling Ger a bitter lonely auld wan in her 50s? Jayney I'd be that no problem if I'd a pub & the few pound she has!

Given that extras aren't a thing in Fair City due to Covid you'd wonder did they parachute in the person who, for a few seconds, played Lily (?) in from the actual RTE Canteen into the Pig?

Bosco promising Hughie he'll tell no one.......ba ha ha ha!

Actor who plays Hughie; again knocked it out of the park in the scene with Bosco over Heather; loved him in Prosperity by Lenny Abrahamson; one of Fair Citys better actors by miles.

Darragh, at the end, saying to Junior about they might not've caught the burglar & also that Wayne mightn't be coming back for a really long time..........part of his revenge or another way to get in there?..Darragh the paedo..??:eek:...???

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

"It was Darragh's idea, he said he could beat you up"

One of the best lines in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

I think Darragh overestimates his physical prowess. Probably a big soft cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Whats the deal with Bob and Tommy? What's bobs problem with him?
    Orla is some cow
    Junior dumped on some one again

Whats the deal with Bob and Tommy? What's bobs problem with him?
    Orla is some cow
    Junior dumped on some one again

A few years ago when Bob was with Judith(Tommy's ex).
    Tommy used sleep in there attic and he took them hostage with a gun.

Orla is a pain and rarely looks after the kid.

Herself and Darragh will end up in bed or she'll get a restraining order.

A few years ago when Bob was with Judith(Tommy's ex).
    Tommy used sleep in there attic and he took them hostage with a gun.

Orla is a pain and rarely looks after the kid.

Herself and Darragh will end up in bed or she'll get a restraining order.

Ah thanks
    You would think Bob would have gotten over it by now, a lot of water under the bridge since then.
    Orlas really very unlikeable at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

“Leave the parenting to us” says Orla. This is the same Orla that constantly begs her friends and neighbours to look after her son. She’s a horrible stupid person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

jos28 wrote: »

Can you tell me who it is? Please.
    It just opened the app for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Blondie looking a bit French tonight in that Beret getup she was wearing tonight

• Advertisement

Thinking back on it I think Tommy was on this with his wife and she was looking for her kid.(I'm not 100% sure tough.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

All this talk of Orla needing a break is ridiculous.

The only thing she needs a break from is walking between Sash, Bella, Tommy, Dolores and whoever else she dumps her child on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Blondie looking a bit French tonight in that Beret getup she was wearing tonight

I guess the Beetlejuice trousers are in the bottom of the wardrobe or she donated them to the 'Helping hand'

What is up with Sharon?

What is up with Sharon?

I don't know but it seems like they are going down the Neurological route.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ya, I'd say something neurological too.

Multiple Sclerosis for Sharon?

Sharon another who gets an illness but still nothing on why Bela is in a wheelchair

Multiple Sclerosis for Sharon?

Sharon another who gets an illness but still nothing on why Bela is in a wheelchair

I think Sharon is a bit on the old side for a multiple sclerosis diagnosis. Most people are diagnosed in their 20s or 30s. Older people are diagnosed with it too sometimes but it's mostly diagnosed in younger people.

I think Sharon is a bit on the old side for a multiple sclerosis diagnosis. Most people are diagnosed in their 20s or 30s. Older people are diagnosed with it too sometimes but it's mostly diagnosed in younger people.

Coronation Street did it with Johnny Connor but they forget he has it most of the time.

They could also go down the motor neuron route. I don't think I've seen that in a soap.

• Advertisement

Coronation Street did it with Johnny Connor but they forget he has it most of the time.

They could also go down the motor neuron route. I don't think I've seen that in a soap.

I have Multiple Sclerosis. If Sharon is diagnosed with MS at her age she probably ignored a string of symptoms that happened to her over the years. I think it would be unusual for Sharon to develop her first symptom of MS at her age but not completely improbable. I had a few small things I couldn't explain happen me in the years prior to my diagnosis. Motor neuron would be too complex a story for Fair City I think. I still think it's something neurological with Sharon.

Maybe shes turning into a lesbian.....:p

Funny fact...Actor Richard Hawley (Jonny Connor) was in Family affairs...where he had MS too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

It was an adoption story and the woman involved is married to Geoff Minogue AKA Tommy.

Did Owen go off somewhere....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

What is up with Sharon?

Would it be a story about Parkinson's disease?
    Yep, the neurological route, as someone else suggested

Would it be a story about Parkinson's disease?
    Yep, the neurological route, as someone else suggested

It could be possible but we do know Fair City are like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Imagine saying you are going to ring Joe Duffy because a mattress is a bit late being delivered.

Tommy and Carol seem to be getting very friendly, wonder is the ram going back to his old ways with the ladies.

Imagine saying you are going to ring Joe Duffy because a mattress is a bit late being delivered.

Tommy and Carol seem to be getting very friendly, wonder is the ram going back to his old ways with the ladies.

He just wants to plant a few seeds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

And very fertile seeds he has as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Poor Junior. His Mother can't even take him to school. Has to get Sash to do it. And where was Sash's baby then?

And later who was minding Junior when Orla was meeting Darragh in the Station?

The same few characters were following each other around all day. Ger must be following Darragh around like a shadow.

Sash is like Orla's shadow now and Darragh turning bunny boiler stalker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

There’s life in the aul ram yet ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Darragh booking a table for 2 in the Hungry Pig. .. Stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Darragh booking a table for 2 in the Hungry Pig. .. Stop!

Classy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Didn't know booking a table in the Pig was even a thing? Scarleh for ye Darragh!

Loving Sash style/Darraghs haircut/Carols er. gardening gear.

And yeah, Tommy's sniffing about for sure.

When Ger suggested Darragh join the swingers club he said he would I immediately thought of the actor who plays Donal Maher!

Loving Hayleys style too; the beret is cool.

Darragh mentioning drinks....in the Pig?

Ger has Waynes number.....really?

All the double entendres between Tommy & Caddle; Doug totally freaked out ha ha!

Darragh is like a love-sick bunny or, as a previous poster said, potentially a bunny boiler and then of course Ger seems to be tracking him...and then Orla does the mic drop.....!???

I wonder does sash and hayley get a say in what clothes the characters wear? And then there's orla in her scratchy jumpers

..in her box......:eek:

I'm officially in love with Sash.....AND she's the best actress in ANY soap imo...:o
    Glad Darragh got a haircut, all he needed was a Harley and a wife-beater t-shirt to finish the trailerpark look...
    Christ , Orla really punishing that size 10 white jumper....Maybe RTE should have a clothes recycling bin out at the gate ..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

I'm a bit confused after last nights episode. Seems to be a continuity issue.
    We see Sharon in medical centre waiting room with hubby then later she says she bumped in to doctor.
    Also Tommy and Carol had discussed him helping her with her yard and then later she says "must get you over to my place" like it was a brand new idea....

We were a bit confused by the medical centre scene too.....:confused:

Didn't know booking a table in the Pig was even a thing? Scarleh for ye Darragh!

Loving Sash style/Darraghs haircut/Carols er. gardening gear.

And yeah, Tommy's sniffing about for sure.

When Ger suggested Darragh join the swingers club he said he would I immediately thought of the actor who plays Donal Maher!

Loving Hayleys style too; the beret is cool.

Darragh mentioning drinks....in the Pig?

Ger has Waynes number.....really?

All the double entendres between Tommy & Caddle; Doug totally freaked out ha ha!

Darragh is like a love-sick bunny or, as a previous poster said, potentially a bunny boiler and then of course Ger seems to be tracking him...and then Orla does the mic drop.....!???

Maybe Darragh could borrow some of Tommy’s surveillance equipment & hide up in Orla’s attic!

Did Ger have Darragh beat up but now all worried about him with Orla, like a jealous ex

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement