Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Darragh is turning in to a bit of a weirdo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ya, it’s like he’s after totally flipping personality!

Also did Sash say Aoife was minding Junior? Not crazy Aoife who stabbed Kerri-Anne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Hayley's gone from Beetlejuice to Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Hayley's gone from Beetlejuice to Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em!

Ooooh Betty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

A blast from the recent past :D

https://youtu.be/x8xq2tcQ71U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So some randomer called Aoife is looking after Junior & Olivia.........?

Legit Googled Scarlet Pimpernel to see was it an actual plant.....and Lady Fingers......interesting results for both ha ha!

Dismal Orla v Happy Orla; the actress does it brilliantly in fairness; I'm not extracting the urine by the way.

Hayley - Frank Spencer but also Allo' Allo' perhaps v Sash who could have a go at the Matrix maybe?

Darragh with the spare key; surprised he didn't get one cut & return it....

Orla's totally freaked; why would Sash even think Orla asking how he got in was aimed at her?

Refresh my memory; what did Tommy to do Bob to hurt his shoulder?

"Orla I have to tell you something...."; was Darragh gonna 'fess up it was him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Orla's totally freaked; why would Sash even think Orla asking how he got in was aimed at her?

Refresh my memory; what did Tommy to do Bob to hurt his shoulder?

I actually listened to that line a second time because I didn't really get it - the best I could come up with was Orla was apologising for snapping at Sash but the line didn't really match what was happening. It sounded like she was apologising for accusing Sash of being involved but that doesn't make sense either.

I don't fully remember the Tommy situation but it was something to do with him hiding in the attic spying on Judith and Bob when they were seeing each other after she kicked Tommy out. He shot Bob with a shotgun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Since when is a cheap ass angel ornament a "sculpture".....:rolleyes:

Doug looked shocked (in a bad way) when he came into the house...:eek:

Orla and Sash to end up in bed.....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are Carol and Orla friends anymore?

• Advertisement

In a way I feel bad for Doug for once.
    It seems he managed to pick the kitchen, floor, new stairs, sofa, chairs all by himself and Carol and Tommy make him out to be the biggest dope over a few scatter cushions and throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

How could Doug possibly afford all that? It's a huge amount of money to do up a whole house and buy all that stuff. Were the sofa and other big pieces of furniture there before Carol, Tommy and Bob redecorated? It looked like a totally new house when they were finished.

If I was Erica I would have wanted to do all that myself and not let it up to Doug & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are Carol and Orla friends anymore?

No orla is now BFF with sash, even though a few weeks ago they were killing each other for a bit of dolly's attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Whose house is Doug moving into. I know it was the one that Pete and Dolly bought but who lived there before

jos28 wrote: »
    Whose house is Doug moving into. I know it was the one that Pete and Dolly bought but who lived there before

It was Sarah's house! (The one Barry murdered with the door)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I don't remember Sarah living there, that's probably why I don't recognise the house so.

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »

Sean and Alma had lived there rented from murdered Sarah's mother who sold to Pete and Dolly

Think this preview clip is for Thursday the 4th of February (ignore the bye-line in video saying Thursday the 4th of........Janauary!).

Child character called Saoirse; guessing she'll be introduced on Sunday or Wednesday; otherwise FC SWs will assume we all know who she is.

Amazing how Covid is changing things; clearly Phoebe in this scene is still in Secondary School in January/February; damn you Govt. for fecking with the script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6py9C4C97jM&ab_channel=RT%C3%89-IRELAND%E2%80%99SNATIONALPUBLICSERVICEMEDIA

Somebody just asked me ''What was happening in Fair City during the week?''
    All I could think of was Carol and Tommy were picking out cushions for Doug.

Somebody just asked me ''What was happening in Fair City during the week?''
    All I could think of was Carol and Tommy were picking out cushions for Doug.

Daragh was stalking orla and Sharon has shaky hands

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Leonita

Is Saoirse not Damiens child that was living in Germany with her mother?

• Advertisement

Leonita wrote: »

Yes!

Leonita wrote: »

Thank you; that makes the storyline plausible now; presume he has custody of her while Caoimhe is.... well, we'll see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I hope Erica likes the house because every dog and divil has been off loading their ****e into the house. A china angel "because Erica likes angels" scatter cushions, a house designed by almost strangers..... Wouldn't Erica like to furnish it herself???

Wish Darragh would cop the feck on. Seriously, there's plenty better than Orla, a married and settled woman with a child.

So would a daughter really give a dad advice and make comments such as Dearbhla made to Tommy? Really that conversation needed to happen with anyone BUT his daughter!

Wouldn't you think Sharon would give Anto's hair a bit of a trim? Before the hand thing?

I'm thinking FC have based Ger directly on Corrie's Bet Lynch. The hair, makeup, smokes, confidence, land lady, air of mystery, and last but not least the surname!!!!!!!!

threetrees wrote: »
    I hope Erica likes the house because every dog and divil has been off loading their ****e into the house. A china angel "because Erica likes angels" scatter cushions, a house designed by almost strangers..... Wouldn't Erica like to furnish it herself???

I'm hoping she likes it because I don't want a week of her crying about not liking it!

Where is Erica and how come Pete and Dolly are not helping Doug as Orla mentioned Dolly having Junior so they must be back from caravaning around Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

threetrees wrote: »

Wish Darragh would cop the feck on. Seriously, there's plenty better than Orla, a married and settled woman with a child.

So would a daughter really give a dad advice and make comments such as Dearbhla made to Tommy? Really that conversation needed to happen with anyone BUT his daughter!

Wouldn't you think Sharon would give Anto's hair a bit of a trim? Before the hand thing?

I'm thinking FC have based Ger directly on Corrie's Bet Lynch. The hair, makeup, smokes, confidence, land lady, air of mystery, and last but not least the surname!!!!!!!!

What’s the story with Anto going around with the St. Anthony hair style?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Erica and how come Pete and Dolly are not helping Doug as Orla mentioned Dolly having Junior so they must be back from caravaning around Ireland

Why are you asking sensible questions when we know morons write this crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

It's high time we had a 'Loopy Lucy' character on the go again.

Played brilliantly by the actress.

Darragh is def turning a bit simple, imho, with a hint of Tommy stalker in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Are you alright there Sharon?

:D

To thine own self be true

Maireads ocd seems to have disappeared all of a sudden, I know nothing about suffering from something like this but I'd have thought its a condition that a person just doesn't stop having without a bit of help.

• Advertisement

Did mairead and damo get back together?

Orlas scratchy jumper is back ahhh

Everything is whizzing through Orlas head except the fact that she gave Darragh a key and the "burglar" was able to get in without doing any damage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

What's with fair city actors taking their face masks off while talking to each other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

What's going on with Orla's left eyebrow, looks like junior was at it with a marker!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Orla’s going through all her exes. That will take a few years

Maireads ocd seems to have disappeared all of a sudden, I know nothing about suffering from something like this but I'd have thought its a condition that a person just doesn't stop having without a bit of help.

Don't worry.
    Saoirse tries to eat washing tablets during the week and it comes back.

Phoebe was also being a bit a git to Mairead trying to wind her up.

Did the REAL burglar take Orla's make up and shampoo too..state of her...

Mairead and Damo...hope she has a 6 foot bed in there....

why was Shar still using her left hand to drink...??

Nobody corrected Junior on his spelling of "foto"....lazy parenting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Haven't watched in ages and tuned in to the omnibus for few mins. What happened Sharon's hand?

Haven't watched in ages and tuned in to the omnibus for few mins. What happened Sharon's hand?

She drank too much black market energy drinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Was Anto complaining about not being able to get a hair cut?? He's married to a hairdresser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Was Anto complaining about not being able to get a hair cut?? He's married to a hairdresser!

who's got a dodgy trembling in her hand - not surprised he dont want a haircut off her ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

She drank too much black market energy drinks!

Ive a feeling its not just that , and that there is something else more serious causing the shakes....

"Are you alright there Sharon? "U Ok hun?" ha ha ha!

Anto with what, a bit of a ponytail going on?

And yeah, a Docs on a Sunday? No chance.

Darragh calling over........really like? Might he've done the 1st break in too or.....? Legit reckon he'll talk himself into a confession.

Counselling session of a Sunday?

Sharon drinking some Johnny Come Lately potion; doesn't know ingredients etc.; is that it now? No need for further action? Just stop drinking that "Naturopathic" s***e & the shakes'll go away?

To be fair while a cause may or may not've been identified, it's rectifying it that will be key......they need to go there & use this bit of PSB as a warning to muppets who peddle this stuff; I know someone where I live who does; it's MLM down a rabbit hole baloney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yes u would have it for the rest of ur life. That s why I hate when a lot of soaps do mental health issues, they really never get it right....

Did the REAL burglar take Orla's make up and shampoo too..state of her...

Mairead and Damo...hope she has a 6 foot bed in there....

why was Shar still using her left hand to drink...??

Nobody corrected Junior on his spelling of "foto"....lazy parenting

Ya it’s called lockdown, why would u be arsed putting on makeup......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Orla looks awful, no makeup, blotchy skin, awful hair, looks wrecked. But is that not the point? She's getting no sleep, she's worried sick about being burgled, she's supposed to be flat out with the garage and Junior, she can't cope... No wonder she looks awful, that's good makeup and costume dept!

But arent these "stylists" always on telling you its all about making yourself feel better...:confused:

With men i can understand this latest "homeless" look...we're just lazy fcuks....:P

When Mairead told Damo she was in the mood for sexy time he looked about as excited as if she said she would like a cup of tea.

Not much passion in that relationship.

When Mairead told Damo she was in the mood for sexy time he looked about as excited as if she said she would like a cup of tea.

I know he was actually trying to talk her out of it lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Was it more he was shocked as he hadn't the offer in so long from her? His comment about you could get germs from me!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement