Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Just yet another person trying to reduce another thread to their tinfoil hattery.

I don't see any harm posting links to their private lives, they're the ones who put it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭threetrees

I know the Rome story was just a time filler but it was good fun. Anto looked well in the suit and ponytail, can't decide if he was Italian gangster or pulp fiction!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't see any harm posting links to their private lives, they're the ones who put it out there.

I always thought it was a given in the soap threads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Lee & Hayleys Italian impressions.....brutal.

Anto with the ponytail that's not quite long enough to be one yet.......

Sharons not entirely legal liquid; has that just been dropped now? Pity, this is PSB; charlatans flogging that malarkey are targeting some of same viewers of Fair City; let's be honest like.

Darragh 'fesses up & then Orla all of a sudden forgets he actually said he did it when Ger comes round and puts on the "We sort these things our way" spiel?

Mairead taking dating advice from her, seemiingly perennial 16 year old, daughter? Or has she officially aged in Fair City yet? I know there's a clip of her in her school uniform in next episode but then again I thought her & Alex were same age in this? #Confused

Thought Phoebe already knew about the Nuptials? Bad form keeping that s**t from yer young wan like.

Gonna say Ger, the Gangsters Moll but she's her own female version of that, whatever it is; not sure if we should view her as a Bet Lynch or Peggy Mitchell in soap terms.

Orla letting Darragh down gently....again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Ah ffs I can’t stick another month of dopey Mairead cleaning crying and shouting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I thought Orla accepted that there was no going to the Guards about the known burglar way too easily. She was scared out of her wits for weeks but the culprit should just get away with it on Ger's say so?

Also, will Darragh just drop it now? I suppose he hasn't much of a choice depending on how quickly she moves to Germany. I'll miss Junior. He was just coming on nicely as a child actor. Little cutie.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

happyday wrote: »
    I thought Orla accepted that there was no going to the Guards about the known burglar way too easily. She was scared out of her wits for weeks but the culprit should just get away with it on Ger's say so?

Also, will Darragh just drop it now? I suppose he hasn't much of a choice depending on how quickly she moves to Germany. I'll miss Junior. He was just coming on nicely as a child actor. Little cutie.

I thought it was kinda implied the burglar got a hiding, so now he's more scared than Orla is.
    That was one of the better FC episodes in my opinion. Finally some decent acting (or decent writing), specifically from Ger and Dearbhla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Missed the start , thought i'd turned on Pulp Fiction by mistake.. Anto's pony..:p Derblahh's idea of Italian food is spaghetti..and her a chef..

I doubt the burglar got a hiding.....Ger just calming Orla down...

Missed the start , thought i'd turned on Pulp Fiction by mistake.. Anto's pony..:p Derblahh's idea of Italian food is spaghetti..and her a chef..

I don't think Ger had any idea who the burglar was. She was just covering up for Darragh. I wonder will anyone else get burgled or will they just forget about it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

No I mean Ger was implying to Orla that he got a hiding, that was my understanding, so now no Gards and she can move on.
    I know of course that nothing at all was done :rolleyes: and it was just to calm her down.

• Advertisement

In tonights episode it's something along the lines of Ger telling Darragh "You work for me now....kapiche?"

Fair City > Love/Hate right?

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    In tonights episode it's something along the lines of Ger telling Darragh "You work for me now....kapiche?"

Fair City > Love/Hate right?

Wheres Aiden..?...still out playing golf....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

All out of sync with the lockdown.
    I know they couldn't help it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ah your one in the school uniform off to the study hall....different times altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Those young actresses are absolutely shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Ger told Daragh that he dragged her into his mess!

No! She stuck her big nose in where it wasn't wanted.

Icsics wrote: »
    Those young actresses are absolutely shocking

Phoebe has improved.imo..but that Dundrumerican accent on Juliet is horrendous, ...and she looks about 30 now...
    Surprised Darragh hasn't moved into Orla's yet....

Paul's back on Sunday; as a result so're Mondo & Melanie.

Oh & Pete shows Dolores what he found when moving Ericas stuff; a HSE guide to abortion.....dun dun dun!

But I thought she'd a miscarriage? And will thise be Pete and/or Dolores taking an anti-abortion stance; did FC cover the 8th Amendment in any way in 2018 storylines? Have they ever done an abortion storyline?

Preview clip for Sunday > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0204/1194988-pauls-back-in-the-best-of-bad-form-on-next-fair-city/

Actress who plays Phoebe > Actress who plays Juliette/Juliet; the formers accent is far more natural & while I get she herself is possibly a Dulchie or a Culchie, the latter is So Co Du/Mid Atlantic; both actresses could make a decent living from FC & put themselves through 3rd Level but FC SWs do read feedback online in some shape.

Guessing Saoirse isn't related to any of Phoebe/Damo/Mairead in real life; they all kept their distance & there was no Daddy/Daughter hugging, being picked up after work for example; with Junior out of the picture the budget now stretches to another child actor; you step in & I step out again I guess? With Ellie also absent FC're saving a few bob there too & sure Olivia hasn't been seen in yonks either.

Anto & the ponytail; Don Anto-onio perhaps?

Shadden; will she have a mid-life spending crisis & get 'em into debt down the line?

Ger as I previously posted has Darragh by the short & curlies; guessing she's a bit more upmarket than the Pig despite eating there regularly.
    Quite what she wants from Darragh, and Lee, and when will be interesting; it's not exactly Love/Hate mind but if you look at Eastenders & Coronation St. they've managed "Gangland" type stories well; admittedly with a bigger budget to blow the s**t out of the place like Martin Kemp in the car fire & Johnny (his daughter was also in it; can't remember her name on or off screen) etc.

Admittedly the gas explosion in the Station, the recent fires involving Blackie Connors character, Barrys ex & even the Glenroe car accident that killed it off're probably eaten into the budget for such a scenario.

Though they did the kidnapping with Cathal (Eric Lawlor; now delivering as it happens) so there's potential there.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Oh & Pete shows Dolores what he found when moving Ericas stuff; a HSE guide to abortion.....dun dun dun!

But I thought she'd a miscarriage? And will thise be Pete and/or Dolores taking an anti-abortion stance; did FC cover the 8th Amendment in any way in 2018 storylines? Have they ever done an abortion storyline?

Preview clip for Sunday > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0204/1194988-pauls-back-in-the-best-of-bad-form-on-next-fair-city/

Thanks for letting us all know!

• Advertisement

Nokia I enjoy your posts but please use the spoiler black outs. I'd like to just watch the show and not know in advance what's going to happen. Thanks.

happyday wrote: »
    Nokia I enjoy your posts but please use the spoiler black outs. I'd like to just watch the show and not know in advance what's going to happen. Thanks.

Very few surprises in ANY soap these days...;)

Lotto numbers please Nokia..............:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Great choice Orla, I love s & v Pringles aswell. I say the boxes of Pringles are real in the shop.

fin12 wrote: »
    Great choice Orla, I love s & v Pringles aswell. I say the boxes of Pringles are real in the shop.

Do Spar not have their on version..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Do Spar not have their on version..??

Ya they do lol but she picked Pringle’s.

The sour creme n onion spar version are very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was watching Love/Hate last night and Sharon pops up wearing earrings the size of bicycle wheels as one of the traveller women.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Judgemental dolly and Pete , clowns the pair of em! Not yer decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

I think they are concerned Erika made the decision on her own without consulting Doug. Pete is Doug's father, strange if he wasn't concerned.

More than likely Erika just had the info for all options.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Arduach wrote: »
    I think they are concerned Erika made the decision on her own without consulting Doug. Pete is Doug's father, strange if he wasn't concerned.

More than likely Erika just had the info for all options.

You're probably right.........

I prefer my explanation though :D

• Advertisement

Official line aside, it would be fairly underhand if she didn’t tell Doug. And you can’t blame his own father not liking it (even if he’s off the mark currently).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement