Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

What did Carol call Hayley? A "brassy cow" ? Excellent description!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fed up of Decco marching around like he's five foot seven. His attitude that everyone else should be bringing up his daughter pees me off. He's only concerned for Sash because he's missing his unpaid child minder.

Decco needs a bit of action, what happened to your one he was with after Kerri-Anne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Nice to see Melanie being put in her place.

This Melanie is confusing. Isn't she supposed to be Iranian and the actor who plays her son certainly is. But her name is listed as Melanie Ryan and she is now more or less treated as a native Irish character. Is this more FC inconsistencies?

That scene with Anto Collins singing along to the Opera a few nights back was very funny. Funniest thing I've seen in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Not one question on whether the till balanced on the night of the “theft”.

Whole storyline is ridiculous. Paul using Hayley to get Carol onside. Hayley lived there before the rest of them so not like she’s hanging around cause of them.

Did the writers have a bet to see how many different situations they can shoehorn in that Eoin can’t do cause of his disability? Please God don’t let it end up with a scene on one of the famous Fair City leprechaun sized beds ��

Anto did say to Carol I bet the till balanced didn’t it and she said something stupid oh you made sure it did like what does that even mean? The till either balanced or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

fin12 wrote: »
    Anto did say to Carol I bet the till balanced didn’t it and she said something stupid oh you made sure it did like what does that even mean? The till either balanced or not?

I presume she meant he didn’t ring some things through the till so it would be up, then he could take the extra cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Decco needs a bit of action, what happened to your one he was with after Kerri-Anne

If he got action with Zak it would be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

This Melanie is confusing. Isn't she supposed to be Iranian and the actor who plays her son certainly is. But her name is listed as Melanie Ryan and she is now more or less treated as a native Irish character. Is this more FC inconsistencies?

They are Ukrainian I think. I don't know how she got the Irish surname. Was she married before her character came to Carrickstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

happyday wrote: »
    They are Ukrainian I think. I don't know how she got the Irish surname. Was she married before her character came to Carrickstown?

Is it not Albanian? Still though, there wouldn't be a pile of Ryans in Albania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought it was Armenia.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought it was Armenia.

That's the one.

I never hear Melanie talk about her dad or her sons dad so who knows where she got the Ryan surname from.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

I never hear Melanie talk about her dad or her sons dad so who knows where she got the Ryan surname from.

Maybe she was married previously to an Irish man but kept his surname?

Anyway, she is an absolute wagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

She doesn't seem to be working for Paul anymore.

She doesn't seem to be working for Paul anymore.

Ruthie might have being put in a washing machine!

I was just thinking, why doesn’t Paul offer Melanie and her son to move into his place. It’s just him and Ruthie there now.

I was just thinking, why doesn’t Paul offer Melanie and her son to move into his place. It’s just him and Ruthie there now.

BEcAUSE SHE'S NOT A CHARITY CASE!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think he did offer a live-in position but she turned him down.

When did Eoghan get his taxi licence back?

When did Eoghan get his taxi licence back?

When the writers forgot he lost it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The way they talk about Kilkenny is hilarious. You'd swear it was on the other side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Paul and Caddle?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Paul and Caddle?

Did they already do it in the past, have they history?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭timothe

Did they already do it in the past, have they history?

I don't ever remember them. Of the current cast he's down to Jane, Orla and Hayley I think. And the one drink he had with Mairead.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Paul and Caddle?

Nah Paul wouldn’t be gangster enough for her.

timothe wrote: »
    I don't ever remember them. Of the current cast he's down to Jane, Orla and Hayley I think. And the one drink he had with Mairead.

I forgot Mairead was even in the program!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Who actually says AM ENT ?.

Why is Carol even listening to Paul?

No, Fair City next Tuesday due to the Eurovision Semi-final. Probably the same with Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I forgot Mairead was even in the program!

Which one is Mairéad again?

Will's Mrs.

Will's Mrs.
    Who's will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Who's will?

Cristiano's partner. Will is doctor, nurse and general all-round dogsbody at the 'medical centre' and lest we forget, he has a 'degree'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We were treated to right cliff hanger of an episode the other day, a missing dog! wow! what will happen next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

We were treated to right cliff hanger of an episode the other day, a missing dog! wow! what will happen next.

The dog was the best actor in that episode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

No, Fair City next Tuesday due to the Eurovision Semi-final. Probably the same with Thursday!

I wonder will the Collins celebrate it by trying to sell some Eurovision tat to top up the house fund by about 20 quid.

How did he get a shock like that. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How did he get a shock like that. ?

Was thinking the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I'm no medical expert, but how do you break your arm from an electric shock? You can die, yes, but break your arm? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

That was a shockingly bad episode. After seeing the whole house light up, I was expecting to see him lying on the floor. Instead he is just sitting on the couch holding his arm. He then waits for his mother to walk past him before telling her rather than tell her as soon as she walked in. Weird.

• Advertisement

Would u really get electrocuted like that? I’ve often come out of the shower and plugged in sockets, cant understand why that happened....

The exposed wire that caddle pulled out was attached to the stereo not the power, so that makes no sense at all. The stereo just shouldn't have worked but he would never have got a shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Sharon said the wires of the stereo were frayed anyway. The last time I saw frayed wires was on my grandmother's Pye iron and at that my uncle wrapped insulation tape around the 'frayed' bit and she ironed with it for years.

I think Carol pulled the whole socket off the wall and when Darragh went to plug it in and he came in contact with a live one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I missed the start. What were Paul and Carol doing in the Collins house anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

sligojoek wrote: »
    I missed the start. What were Paul and Carol doing in the Collins house anyway?

They went over because Sharon had left the music blaring. Sharon had left the door on the latch because she couldn't find her keys, so they let themselves in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm no medical expert, but how do you break your arm from an electric shock? You can die, yes, but break your arm? :confused:

Was just gonna ask the same thing , Jesus Christ those writer....ya no words for them and their stupidity.

Sunday 12th May
    The bad blood between Paul and the Collinses threatens to reach boiling point. As Jane impresses with her professionalism, she secretly gets involved in a scheme with Zak.
    Wednesday 15th May
    Zak piles the pressure on Jane as she finds herself trapped in the poitín scheme, Paul urges Bela to cancel the sale to the Collinses, and Eoghan realises he is being targeted.

Sparko wrote: »
    They went over because Sharon had left the music blaring. Sharon had left the door on the latch because she couldn't find her keys, so they let themselves in.

Happened to see that part. Why did she put the music on and went out the door? Hard to explain, these soaps.

Happened to see that part. Why did she put the music on and went out the door? Hard to explain, these soaps.

Yeah.....,...why did she turn the music up LOUD then walk out the door ? Even more puzzling ?

What the fcuk is going on with Eoin ? He’s just plain weird now , he’s almost stalking Christiano!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The electric shock story is beyond dumb. The storylines and characters are getting worse by the episode imo. That collins family are brutal, especially Saoirse Ronans fathers character. Awful stuff.

How the writers are getting away with this rubbish is anyones guess, but it is RTE so to be expected really.

Bring back Katy in the box. It was hilarious if nothing else.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement