Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Not a single comment on tonight's episode - shows how boring FC has become :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There was a time when John Deegan had to deal with Billy Meehan and Sylvester Garrigan now he has to deal with the Collins plug and Heather's passport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I find it very hard to believe that someone like Heather would be safe by herself in Brazil.

Why can’t she just stay in Dublin, Brendan’s away so what’s the point in her being in Brazil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Besides having a permit or casual trading licence wouldn't Dean have to have Garda clearance to operate the chip wagon/ gourmet grub wagon at the side of a children's playground ?

Haley telling him to set up stall in the park and see what happens is not very professional.

fin12 wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe that someone like Heather would be safe by herself in Brazil.

Why can’t she just stay in Dublin, Brendan’s away so what’s the point in her being in Brazil?

It looks like Brendan doesn't care what happens to her.

I agree with you, it makes sense that she stay in Dublin. Her daughter can finish her education and Rene could help with day to day things like cooking meals and washing clothes and the like.

I wonder would Hedder qualify for a PA. I don't know how she travelled all the way from Brazil....on her own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Paul's business meeting was riveting stuff.. They must have run out of material if that was what they decided to film with the two dire extras. That scene was the definition of something that could easily happen off screen and get the exact same outcome by showing him turning up apologising in Vinos like he did later in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

My husband spotted Dean in a British made zombie movie called Redcon 1 on Netflix. He plays a soldier who's part of military squad sent into a city to help someone escape. He has an American accent in it. I couldn't believe when he showed me the clip!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jane got her job back? Happened off screen I'm guessing :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Heather's acting is desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Absolute state of Heather.

The accountant is savage.

• Advertisement

Jane got her job back? Happened off screen I'm guessing :rolleyes:

Zac mentioned last week that he convinced Hughie to take her back, I can't remember if the Zac/Hughie scene was on screen or not, I tend to tune out a lot lately.

Sparko wrote: »
    Zac mentioned last week that he convinced Hughie to take her back, I can't remember if the Zac/Hughie scene was on screen or not, I tend to tune out a lot lately.

I can't remember the scene either!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Heather is gonna burn down Hot Pots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

All time low for fair city. Pure muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Amazing how something so secretive can be discussed at the counter of a pub within earshot of Jane.

So the financial advisor (not sure if she has a name yet) just accepts cash from a random stranger and doesn't do any sort of check on who she is. As if she wouldn't be worrying about money laundering etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jeeze lads I have been seeing fair city stars all week. Firstly Robbie coming out of Tesco in Portobello. Poor chap could barely stand up straight.

Then yer man who was a nurse and had the affair on his wife with the Columbian fella. Don’t remember either of the names. Anyway he must live down the road for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sparko wrote: »

Another off screen scene ffs, Chewie lewie was adamant he wanted jane to talk to him herself last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Is Erica still dating Darragh?

• Advertisement

Sunday 2nd June
    No episode!
    Tuesday 4th June
    Hughie offers Heather a safe haven from Renee's interfering, Jane refuses to side with Jarleth, while Paul misinterprets Fiona's good intentions.
    Wednesday 5th June
    Paul succeeds in apologising to Fiona, only to discover that she has been keeping a huge secret from him. Meanwhile, Heather's arrangement tests Jackie.
    Thursday 6th June
    Hughie faces up to some difficult truths about Heather. Wayne grows guilty about lying to an excited Dolores. Paul is convinced he was right about Fiona.

Is Erica still dating Darragh?

Who knows! he's disappeared off the face of the planet, she wasn't around either when he "broke his shoulder" from the electrical shock.

Who knows! he's disappeared off the face of the planet, she wasn't around either when he "broke his shoulder" from the electrical shock.

Seems to be hanging out with Doug recently. What was the end result of that triangle? Her, Doug and the other fella.

No episode on Sunday - if anyone has withdrawal symptoms just watch Thursday's episode again because that's all it would have been anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

bazermc wrote: »
    Jeeze lads I have been seeing fair city stars all week. Firstly Robbie coming out of Tesco in Portobello. Poor chap could barely stand up straight.

Then yer man who was a nurse and had the affair on his wife with the Columbian fella. Don’t remember either of the names. Anyway he must live down the road for me.

Will and Cristiano - Cristiano is meant to be Chilean btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Will, doesn’t know what a tracker mortgage is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Heather's acting is desperate.
    I think heather and her daughter are two of the best actors at the moment. At least they put expression into their lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

So Fiona wants to be an anonymous investor and yet speaks openly to Paul's financial consultant in Paul's local pub. mmmmm not wise at all.

Doug and Erica, come on, cuddle up! Erica was brought in to be a bit of a thick girl but she's got more cop on than poor Doug who is so gullible. Think they need each other.

[HTML][/HTML]
    I think heather and her daughter are two of the best actors at the moment. At least they put expression into their lines.

Can't say I agree. Heather is really hamming it up. The daughter can play annoying very well. The child actors in Fair City tend to be terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Gave up on this about 4 months back when Oisin left and every single day was Orla and Wayne moaning and crying, that killed it for me. Out of curiosity:

Is Junior dead or did they find a cure? Is Snarler with a gangster of some description? Is there anything even remotely interesting going on?!

• Advertisement

Gave up on this about 4 months back when Oisin left and every single day was Orla and Wayne moaning and crying, that killed it for me. Out of curiosity:

Is Junior dead or did they find a cure? Is Snarler with a gangster of some description? Is there anything even remotely interesting going on?!

No sign of Orla/Junior/Wayne worh a few weeks but they are back soon!

It’s been about 6 months since I gave up Fair City I’m not making fun of anyone that watches it if you enjoy but what have I missed be used I only read the last two pages and it seems I see the usually complaints you could rewatch an episode instead of a new one and same thing would happen.

Are accounts and solicitors still work Sundays lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

D7aqidDX4AE3XEd.jpg:large

Sorcha Furlong (Orla Kirwan)?! How did you get that photo?!

Sorcha Furlong (Orla Kirwan)?! How did you get that photo?!

Yes, it popped up on Twittter or the Fair City fans Facebook page. I can't remember.

That wallpaper in Hughie's parlour is there from Louis Gleeson's time is it not. It's stood the test of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

No mistaken the lemsip must have broke the budget they never show
    tea or coffee in cups :) lemsip not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This one who is supposed to be handing Pauls investments has been wearing the same outfit since she arrived, times must be tough.

Laura beginning to look like Katie Taylor!

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    That wallpaper in Hughie's parlour is there from Louis Gleeson's time is it not. It's stood the test of time.

I think I read in a spoiler that Heather
    Redecorate Hughie's house next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

It's there since Kay McCoy's time! It has had its day along with the furniture.

• Advertisement

I think I read in a spoiler that Heather
    Redecorate Hughie's house next week.
    With blood is it ?

Literally the first scene tonight was Orla getting tripped up in a lie - with Dolores assuming that Wayne called her using expensive inflight calls. It's laughable that these dopes think they can pull off this elaborate scheme when they can't even get through these early stages without making a mess of it.

9th June
    Wayne's guilt mounts as Dolores gets carried away about the surrogacy news. Jackie worries about the impact that Heather is having on their lives, and Fiona makes a shock decision.
    11th June
    Ray worries Fiona is getting too close to the Brennans. Meanwhile, Orla and Wayne make an effort to get things back to normal.
    12th June
    Hughie's patience with Heather finally runs out, Doug makes a mistake that could cost him dear and Hayley has had enough of Charlotte taking liberties.
    13 June
    Nora is horrified as a spiteful Paul rakes up Ray's past, Doug fears the worst as Deegan examines all the cars in the lot and Hughie gets frustrated with Renee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

last nights episode only 12 minutes long on the RTE player, its a shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Laura beginning to look like Katie Taylor!

She’s the head off her only a bit better looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

There’s a raunchy scene for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jane was supposed to be collecting dirty laundry from the Pod, yet she was carrying around a fresh bundle of sheets.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

This program is getting worse by the minute. Are the viewing figures still as high or are they dropping?
    RTE seem to be pushing this on their website a lot recently.

tototoe wrote: »
    This program is getting worse by the minute. Are the viewing figures still as high or are they dropping?
    RTE seem to be pushing this on their website a lot recently.

I'm not sure about specific figures, but if you look at:
    https://www.tamireland.ie/top-programmes/

And scroll down to RTE1, Fair City is listed as the 5th most watched show in April on RTE1, after The Late Late Show, the two main news broadcasts and At Your Service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

gwalk wrote: »
    last nights episode only 12 minutes long on the RTE player, its a shambles

Crashed at commercial break - desperate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement