Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Jesus christ, this show, heather shouting out she loves duck tales in the middle of the pub, fecking hell they've ruined her character, she was actually funny before this.

She seems to have about ten different problems going on at the same time : personality disorder, speech and language problems, reduced inhibitions etc.....it seems a very far fetched portrayal of someone with a brain injury

It's as if they think 'brain injury' gives them carte blanche to do whatever they like with the character. She seemed far like someone high on anti depressants or hallucinogenics last night than someone with a head injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Yeah, Agree with a lot of posters, Fair City seems to be stuck in a bit of a rut - repetitive storylines, annoying characters. Not good for the run up to the 30th Anniversary in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Afollower wrote: »
    Orla has looked very rough for the past week. Is she letting her hair go grey or what. She looks a right state.

I noticed that last night also.(The black jacket probably made it standout more)
    However in May she posted this on Twitter!
    D7aqidDX4AE3XEd.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

bm_1212 wrote: »
    the "jumped the shark" moment..

The whole Katy thing really was ridiculous especially the ending. It should have ended with Ciaran being arrested, charged and the last time we see him is him being put in a cell and being locked up.

That's one of Fair City's problems for a long time has been the inability to successfully end storylines and have satisfying outcomes for viewers who've invested in them, see also The Lucy Mallon Storyline and the infamous 'Plan' by Dermot & Niamh

LordBasil wrote: »
    The whole Katy thing really was ridiculous especially the ending. It should have ended with Ciaran being arrested, charged and the last time we see him is him being put in a cell and being locked up.

That's one of Fair City's problems for a long time has been the inability to successfully end storylines and have satisfying outcomes for viewers who've invested in them, see also The Lucy Mallon Storyline and the infamous 'Plan' by Dermot & Niamh

Don't forget Barry murdering Sarah with the door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

So Doug buys a car and the guards turn up 10 minutes later to inspect for "dodgy cars"

At least make it believable

Orla's 200 views is pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I'm 99% sure in about 07/08 Heather was researching for a book about being a prostitute so she went out on the street for research.(She did nothing).
    I could just imagine the spin on this if it happened now.

yeah that was it I'm sure, and one fierce-looking guy flagged her down and she felt threatened and ran away in tears, the moral was that some people have nice ideas of it but it's supposedly a lot different to the reality. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does Heather seem somehow different these days? I dunno it might just be my imagination but I missed a while and seem to notice a subtle change... ;)
    Don't forget Barry murdering Sarah with the door!

So ridiculous!!! I asked my dad did he ever accidentally murder someone like that. :p

I hope Fiona doesn't give Ruth her hair style!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

I think they could do a good story of Heather being obsessed with Hughie (there's no accounting for taste)

I like how her demeanor changes when Jackie comes into the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That was hilarious, Hughie roaring at heather “I DONT LOVE YOU”

You’d need the patience of a saint to be around Heather...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

I must be getting old, I didn't realise there was so much business in underground club nights.

Sparko wrote: »
    I must be getting old, I didn't realise there was so much business in underground club nights.

I don't know is there.
    You'd think she'd get a new phone if things were going so well for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

How infuriating is Renee? I know she's Heather's mother, but ffs the way she carries on is ridiculous. Ah shur let Hedder help with the wedding. As shur, don't shout at Hedder. Ah shur let Hedder sleep in the bed between you both, you have to treat her gently. And now Bob is agreeing with her.

I'd love to punch both Renee and Heather in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who had Sam when Decco and Charlotte were in the pub?

• Advertisement

Thursday 13th
    Nora is horrified as a spiteful Paul rakes up Ray's past, Doug fears the worst as Deegan examines all the cars in the lot and Hughie gets frustrated with Renee.
    Sunday 16th
    Renee shocks Bob with her suggestion for how to deal with Heather, Ray fears he will lose Nora forever, and Hayley is furious when Charlotte tries to steal her client.
    Tuesday 18th
    Renee tries to make amends but her plan backfires. Meanwhile, Eoghan ropes Leo into a scam to double cross Carol.
    Wednesday 17th
    Hayley accuses the Bishops of exploiting Sharon, Fiona's interference upsets Melanie and Eoghan is left reeling when Carol uncovers his lie. Heather has her heart set on Hughie.
    Thursday 18th
    Sharon fails to persuade Hayley to give up over Charlotte. Heather goes public with her feelings for Hughie and a missing earring causes upset between Melanie and Fiona.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

How is Ray related to Ruth ? Sorry for the stupid question :)

Muller1991 wrote: »
    How is Ray related to Ruth ? Sorry for the stupid question :)

Ray got married to Gina's mother a few years ago.(Or they were getting married)
    Gina was Niamh's mother.
    So they are related in a round about way.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

Ray got married to Gina's mother a few years ago.(Or they were getting married)
    Gina was Niamh's mother.
    So they are related in a round about way.

Why do they complicate things so much when it comes to family on this soap. Its like they have nothing else to write about.

Thursday 13th
    Wednesday 17th
    Hayley accuses the Bishops of exploiting Sharon, Fiona's interference upsets Melanie and Eoghan is left reeling when Carol uncovers his lie. Heather has her heart set on Hughie.
    Thursday 18th
    Sharon fails to persuade Hayley to give up over Charlotte. Heather goes public with her feelings for Hughie and a missing earring causes upset between Melanie and Fiona.

Melanie upset two days in a row, what a treat.

I considered spoiler tagging my reply as it relates to your spoilers - but really is an upset Melanie really a spoiler to anyone :D

• Advertisement

Melanie upset two days in a row, what a treat.

I considered spoiler tagging my reply as it relates to your spoilers - but really is an upset Melanie really a spoiler to anyone :D

Your racist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Muller1991 wrote: »

Why do they complicate things so much when it comes to family on this soap. Its like they have nothing else to write about.

It's simple really - actors and actresses come and go on soaps so there is always a tenuous link

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ray was an enforcer for a pimp? Wtf

Jesus Renee is so annoying, Heather needs a carer just get one will ya, ya sap!

Sean and his big nose 👃 , love how he doesn't work in the garage anymore, nothing more said about it , imagine if he was still working there when it came out twisty neck brought stolen cars, he'd have a field up on high horse shouting down to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ray was an enforcer for a pimp? Wtf
    !

even worse ......he was in a brutal KitKat ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Wasn't Carol married to Billy Meehan ? Was Tracy one of Billy's prostitutes ?

Caddle and Tracy were best friends or so she tells us every few years. Can you see where I'm going with this.

To put it politely. Did Caddle work alongside Tracy or was she a Madam back in the day ?

Kinda got a bit of a shock over the Ray revelations this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Ray in nearly every background scene sneering like a bald headed eagle

Hughie will be back on the booze over Heather while Jackie will be with Pete

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hughie will be back on the booze over Heather while Jackie will be with Pete

Jackie will end up back in Pete's arms!

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Wasn't Carol married to Billy Meehan ? Was Tracy one of Billy's prostitutes ?

Caddle and Tracy were best friends or so she tells us every few years. Can you see where I'm going with this.

To put it politely. Did Caddle work alongside Tracy or was she a Madam back in the day ?

Kinda got a bit of a shock over the Ray revelations this evening.

Ya Tracey was one of Billy’s prostitutes but he was also having an affair with her. He was beating the sh*t out of her aswell as Carol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jackie will end up back in Pete's arms!

I'd prefer if she ended up in my arms 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Hitchens wrote: »

Ah lads go way the one with the Garda? My god I remember that but never realised it was him until you said it.

I know he had a cameo in fr Ted

Did Carol's father Trigger put Carol off with his old dirty perv mates as a child?

I don't think Carol was one of Billy's hookers

Did Carol's father Trigger put Carol off with his old dirty perv mates as a child?

As far as I can remember, she said as much about Trigger.

No Carol was never one of Billy’s hookers, I don’t know but was she running a taxi company during that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

as much as some of the acting was brutal, there were some half decent story lines years ago in fair city.
    Now we have charlotte and her club nights, social media videos for Molloys Garage and the Collins mortgage.

tototoe wrote: »
    as much as some of the acting was brutal, there were some half decent story lines years ago in fair city.
    Now we have charlotte and her club nights, social media videos for Molloys Garage and the Collins mortgage.

Don't forget heather taking annoying elle hostage in Deans wonder wagon lol.

tototoe wrote: »

It's actually shocking. It's clearly never been award winning stuff but it was enjoyable in the past and funny (not always intentionally). Now I'm having to force myself to watch it and strongly considering ditching it altogether.

They should give us a proper recovery story for Heather - research it properly, give her the treatment, rehab etc that someone in that condition would get and show the actual healing that someone would a head injury can eventually achieve. Instead of this caricature they're presenting which is basically an insult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I think Heather is acted very well. But the holes in the storyline aren't helping the character at all. Up until recently Heather was living in Brazil (alone by all accounts) and now all of a sudden she can't be left on her own. I don't know what brain injury she has (acquired?) but her family (including her missing husband) are not helping her at all. This is a story that should have happened years ago after her injury by now Heather should be coping with life.

But yeah the actor is doing a fine job imo with a limited script and dodgy story.

I think I zone out when watching the other drivel purporting to be storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's actually shocking. It's clearly never been award winning stuff but it was enjoyable in the past and funny (not always intentionally). Now I'm having to force myself to watch it and strongly considering ditching it altogether.

They should give us a proper recovery story for Heather - research it properly, give her the treatment, rehab etc that someone in that condition would get and show the actual healing that someone would a head injury can eventually achieve. Instead of this caricature they're presenting which is basically an insult.

Totally agree. She's acting like she is high as a kite at the moment or someone with mental illness, definitely not a head injury.

A head injury wouldn't have her giggling all the time, telling men she loves them, reduced inhibitions etc....that sounds more like side effects from drugs. They seem to have done zero research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 GeneKranz

Ah lads go way the one with the Garda? My god I remember that but never realised it was him until you said it.

I know he had a cameo in fr Ted
    And The Commitments. As Imelda Quirke's da.

GeneKranz wrote: »
    And The Commitments. As Imelda Quirke's da.

When I saw Imelda Quirke I was thinking of the murder case in Tipperary!

Is Will's missus gone from Spar?

She's still there, just offscreen. She's obviously been tagged out as a character for a few months. Renee said something recently about her calling in sick or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Will of the hypnotic stare :pac:

You'd wonder if Heather is on the contraceptive pill or if she has any medication to take for her brain injury.

She was in a better place when she left Ellie in Ireland and headed back to Brazil last time.

Can't see where they can go with her character in the immediate future.

• Advertisement

Will of the hypnotic stare :pac:

....and don't forget his 'degree'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Whenever happened to Farrah :confused:

Whenever happened to Farrah :confused:

In Syria with Bob's son! I wonder will she return with another new head.

LOL at Heather asking duck tales to get into the bath with her 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Heather is frightening the life out of ellie.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement