Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Aw sad to read that Charlie died, well Tom Jordan. RIP

I always loved Charlie and Mags, they were great together, Charlie all principled and organising, Mags the poor wife left to pick up his pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I am nearly sure i read somewhere that charlie wasn't well that was going back a year ago.

And he only had to work 3 days a week on the show because of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

lulu1 wrote: »
    I am nearly sure i read somewhere that charlie wasn't well that was going back a year ago.

He covered it up well then. He didn't look bad at all on the show, even in recent months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He had moved to Roscommon a while back for a quieter life so I guess at his age he didn't want to have to be crossing the country for work as often.

Gael23 wrote: »
    One of the last of the original cast?

I think Paul is the only other original cast member who has been in it from day 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

lulu1 wrote: »

I think they said he went to Canada for a while and they also spoke about his bunions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cazale wrote: »
    The actor who played Charlie Kelly has died.

RIP Tom Jordan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I was sad to hear Tom Jordan had died. He did his best with the scenes he had the last few years and its great that he was one of the original cast members. RIP Tom. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RIP Tom/charlie.

I hope they give him a whole episode for his funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I think Paul is the only other original cast member who has been in it from day 1

Yup. Hughie would probably be next longest after that..

Wonder if they'll bring Bernie back from Canada for the funeral. TJ will surely put in an appearance too..

sligojoek wrote: »
    RIP Tom/charlie.

I hope they give him a whole episode for his funeral.

Bring back Charlie's family and friends

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bring back Charlie's family and friends

He only has Bernie left.. would love to see Paddy Clarke back or even his daughter Anne - would be interesting to see what shes been up to. Maybe she married Johnny One off screen..

He only has Bernie left.. would love to see Paddy Clarke back or even his daughter Anne - would be interesting to see what shes been up to. Maybe she married Johnny One off screen..

Is son Tony dead?

There was a red head grandson

• Advertisement

Is son Tony dead?

There was a red head grandson

I'm fairly sure Tony got stabbed and died.
    TJ is still alive and Terry(TJ mother)
    TJ also had a kid from what I remember.

I'm fairly sure Tony got stabbed and died.
    TJ is still alive and Terry(TJ mother)
    TJ also had a kid from what I remember.

I think Terry tried to convince Charlie and Mags that TJ (Tony Junior) was their grandson but it ended up he wasnt but he stayed in touch with them because he liked them and they had been good to him.. he had a kid of his own last time he was in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Apparently Tom was due back on set on Monday, so it looks like his passing was a big shock to everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The actor who played Paddy Clarke died years ago.

Spoiler for next Sunday night. Hughie has a date with
    a bottle
    some may have called this!

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    The actor who played Paddy Clarke died years ago.

Ah I didn't know that! He was a great character - between him and Mags they stopped Charlie from getting ideas above his station.. they definitely need to bring Anne back to represent the old crew. Maybe she'll bring her grown up son with her and spring his Daddy - Dermot - from jail or another love child for Paul

Ah I didn't know that! He was a great character - between him and Mags they stopped Charlie from getting ideas above his station.. they definitely need to bring Anne back to represent the old crew. Maybe she'll bring her grown up son with her and spring his Daddy - Dermot - from jail or another love child for Paul

Anne Clarke and Dermot Fahy, what when :confused:

Anne Clarke and Dermot Fahy, what when :confused:

She had an affair with him just before she left for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

How is there a 141 Nissan primera taxi on Fair City?

I thought those cars stopped getting built in 08/09.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Fann Linn wrote: »

Haha. I just came in to post the same thing. 2007 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I thought that bag of money Fiona had went to the investment that Paul bought into... :confused:

What did Hughie find under the snowglobe?... That globe is going to be smashed by someone soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I thought that bag of money Fiona had went to the investment that Paul bought into... :confused:

What did Hughie find under the snowglobe?... That globe is going to be smashed by someone soon.

Jackie's wedding ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I'm relieved I don't have to look at Jackie's efforts at being heartbroken anymore. She was definitely starting to send me in search of a bottle myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

I hope Hughie destroys that manky upstairs room of his in a fit of rage and they finally redecorate as a result. It hurts my eyes everytime.

Sparko wrote: »
    I hope Hughie destroys that manky upstairs room of his in a fit of rage and they finally redecorate as a result. It hurts my eyes everytime.

If he did it would be redecorated out of The Helping Hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Fann Linn wrote: »

When the tax changes came in back in 08,
    the emissions on those were such that the 1.6 petrol version were sale proof. There were lots of them hanging around unsold.
    Maybe someone found one of those in 2014 and bought it.
    The Real answer is rte are just acting stupid and that is an 07 car running a silly plate.
    Maybe Deegan should open his eyes and impound it due to running false plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Just saw some of it earlier: prediction is Hughie and Heather the talking bunny will get together soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Yup. Hughie would probably be next longest after that..

I think Bela might be senior

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Haha. I just came in to post the same thing. 2007 I think.

Not to mention the 2010 Nissan Almera lol

Tracy Shaw(Maxine) and Brian Capron(Richard) were on loose women together on Friday!
    It's scary how the time has flown when the scenes aired she was 29 and he was 55. Now they are 45 and 72!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Tracy Shaw(Maxine) and Brian Capron(Richard) were on loose women together on Friday!
    It's scary how the time has flown when the scenes aired she was 29 and he was 55. Now they are 45 and 72!

Ah stop will ya, its frightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Dont remember those two in fair city ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

gwalk wrote: »
    Dont remember those two in fair city ðŸ˜

They were in Coronation Street around the last time that used to be good. All the soaps used to be way better than. Corrie had Hillman, Fair City had Billy Meehan.

Sorry wrong thread and Yes Richard was a better villian than Pat in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I remember Brian Capron as Mr Hopwood in Grange Hill - 1980 to 1983 - he was only in his early 30s then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Zumo should return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Zumo should return

That guy was convicted of beating his girlfriend in real life so I don’t think Fair city should employ a convicted woman beater.

fin12 wrote: »
    That guy was convicted of beating his girlfriend in real life so I don’t think Fair city should employ a convicted woman beater.

Recast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Yep. the role should be recast

• Advertisement

I think Bela might be senior

As far as I remember (and I stand corrected) Hughie and Natalie were in it from the very early days.

Rita, Hannah (her ma) and the kids were all in the shop and Bela was working (philandering) in the UK.

I think (again I stand corrected) in his earlier days on the show Jim Bartley was also in some play/TV show so his appearances were a bit sporadic and it was only since just before Rita had her stroke that he became a regular enough character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Watched a few episodes recently, just trying to remember a few things- Am I right on these?

Renee was Hughie's sister-in-law, married to Christy.
    The Phelans including Eunice, the Mammy, bought the shop from Rita Doyle and her mother, Hannah Finnegan. Floyd and Farrah were the children, Floyd died and Farrah went to London to study photography.
    Heather was Renee's daughter that she gave up for adoption and she had a relationship with Floyd, even after finding out that they were related. She was married to a doctor and they went abroad.

I'm relieved I don't have to look at Jackie's efforts at being heartbroken anymore. She was definitely starting to send me in search of a bottle myself.

Is she gone for good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Even when she was happy,she looked miserable!

Radio5 wrote: »
    Watched a few episodes recently, just trying to remember a few things- Am I right on these?

Renee was Hughie's sister-in-law, married to Christy.
    The Phelans including Eunice, the Mammy, bought the shop from Rita Doyle and her mother, Hannah Finnegan. Floyd and Farrah were the children, Floyd died and Farrah went to London to study photography.
    Heather was Renee's daughter that she gave up for adoption and she had a relationship with Floyd, even after finding out that they were related. She was married to a doctor and they went abroad.

Yes!
    Floyd was dying of cancer and he asked Bremdan to kill him and he did and that's why they had to go to Brazil.
    From what I remember Renee really mucked him up in court.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement