Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Kalyke wrote: »
    Has Karl Shiels got a bad back?
    Yeah he doesn't quite have the posture to stand up to guys the way he used to. :D

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/1wdhPCL.jpg[/img]"]1wdhPCL.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Robbie is almost on the ground.

Luckily (unluckily) I haven't been effected like Hughie's story on Fair City.

I haven't been preyed upon by a brain damaged lady in her 40s who got into bed with me after a few schoops.

Tbh I was actually thinking this story has gone beyond alcoholism and into consent territory myself!! What the hell were the writers thinking, this is gonna have an outraged rabble on "Honestly, Joe".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Poor hughie everyone ganging up on him despite the fact Jackie left him because she couldn't love him.

Kinda scared to see where his drinking takes him though. He obviously is a recovering alcoholic for a reason. Possibly see him being violent or coming onto Heather, and then everyone thinking it was like that all along!!!

The little comments from him in tonights episode like 'i dont wanna be alone' 'were great together'

Hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Robbies turning into an awful thug, pathetic attacking Ray like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Same as Damian and Caoimhe. Soaps don't really care about how unlikely couples are!!!!!

They'd never spoken to each other until last week and now there all shacked up, not surprising really, the writers have a habit of doing this, also that chile boy is one annoying git! keep your big nose out of peoples business ya sap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thursday 11th July
    Hughie is racked with guilt over his behaviour with Heather. Nora has to be brave to face up to her past. Dean steps up when Tessa struggles with a dilemma.
    Sunday 14th July
    An emergency at Hot Pots gives Tessa pause for thought, Hughie resorts to drastic measures to help himself and Heather, while a misunderstanding causes chaos for the Collins family.
    Tuesday 16th July
    An unexpected visitor leaves Bob, Renee and Hughie on edge, Carol and Robbie are outraged by Paul's accusation, and Lee is fed up as overcrowding at the Collins becomes intolerable.
    Wednesday 17th July
    Heather is gutted by what is revealed in a heated argument between Brendan and Hughie. Fiona's attempt to smooth things over with Robbie and Carol backfires.
    Thursday 18th July
    Dean goes on the warpath when Hot Pots gets a lousy review. Tempers fray as Heather remains missing. Carol does a good turn for Paul only for it to blow up in her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Luckily (unluckily) I haven't been effected like Hughie's story on Fair City.

I haven't been preyed upon by a brain damaged lady in her 40s who got into bed with me after a few schoops.

I'm not being flippant about alcoholism. But when it's interwoven into a storyline like that i don't think alcohol is the first thing you you think of. Then the serious 'if you've been effected' message and all you can think of is Heather and her big bunny head and other big bits beginning with B:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

Months of preparation for this festival and you just know how pitiful it is gonna turn out!

Was that journalist who met Nora in it before as Hayley's friend who Damien had a few dates with and scared off by being too full on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Sparko wrote: »
    Was that journalist who met Nora in it before as Hayley's friend who Damien had a few dates with and scared off by being too full on?

Yep, thanks for that, I couldn't remember where I had seen her before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Credit where it's due, he plays a very good drunkard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Tessa was into all eco friendly save the planet business, does she work besides volunteering in the Helping Hand?

Can we do a do fund me page for the Collins house?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Tessa was into all eco friendly save the planet business, does she work besides volunteering in the Helping Hand?

Sure isn't she a single mother, sure don't they get everything for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

is this eco warrior gonna use a nasty polluting aeroplane to fly to amsterdam ?

Credit where it's due, he plays a very good drunkard.

so many times in soaps I cringe when actors play drunk , they are so bad at it .. yes he is very good and believable

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Love the Collins boys coming up with ideas to save money while eating breakfast out.

You’d think they’d have the table in the house if it was of such sentimental value... could put the clapped out stereo on it if there’s nowhere else for it.

Good tyres on the rothar from the shed though given its age.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

so many times in soaps I cringe when actors play drunk , they are so bad at it .. yes he is very good and believable

He actually looked like he was in bits.
    Well, more so than usual.

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Good tyres on the rothar from the shed though given its age.

the whole bike look brand spanking new and never had been used and cleaned and waxed ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

He is very good at it alright, even when he started drinking he acted it like just getting merry, so well. He's as good at acting the drunk as Robbie's Ma is at portraying her laundry story. There are some strong performances when the script is right - but it is rare.

• Advertisement

ah yes that scene with robbies mum - she delivered that ever so good, I even think I might of had a little spec of dirt in my eye at one point ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Did anyone notice that horrible ill fitting jumper the interviewer had on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Is Tessa volunteering in the Helping Hand? When Laura worked there it was a salaried job! I think the Collins Muppets will buy stuff from the HH and sell on eBay. They are sure the get a house deposit that way!

I wonder what part Charlie would have had in this festival planning, it's right up his street. Maybe the festival will mark his departure somehow, in line with the actors passing.

Norah was great, I was feeling so emotional watching her.

is this eco warrior gonna use a nasty polluting aeroplane to fly to amsterdam ?

Tessa will return to Dean and Dearbhla getting it on

Tessa will return to Dean and Dearbhla getting it on

:eek:

<quick erase memory from head!>

lulu1 wrote: »

it was sparkly is all I remember .. would she not wear something a bit more toned down, its not like she was going on a night out or anything .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,317 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

She was in the show before btw and quite recently. Pretty sure she went on a date or two with Damien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Fair City actress Rebecca Grimes says she will always defend RTE show after revealing she was only supposed to work on it for one week.

REBECCA Grimes has revealed she'll "challenge anyone who slates Fair City".

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4323028/fair-city-actress-rebecca-grimes-defend-show/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Fair City actress Rebecca Grimes says she will always defend RTE show after revealing she was only supposed to work on it for one week.

REBECCA Grimes has revealed she'll "challenge anyone who slates Fair City".

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4323028/fair-city-actress-rebecca-grimes-defend-show/

That'll keep her busy!

• Advertisement

It was for Christmas :p is she playing the same character who dated Damo?

Strazdas wrote: »
    She was in the show before btw and quite recently. Pretty sure she went on a date or two with Damien.

I bet you are right was she a reporter friend of Damien's sister

that was when he was going round stooped hands in pockets arguing with everyone and anyone wasn't it?

that was when he was going round stooped hands in pockets arguing with everyone and anyone wasn't it?

It was but can you remember why she was in it i'm not sure and it's bothering me now

It was but can you remember why she was in it i'm not sure and it's bothering me now

friends with his sister was it, and she was trying to set them up because he was depressed about not seeing his child in germany? - think so

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

friends with his sister was it, and she was trying to set them up because he was depressed about not seeing his child in germany? - think so

Was she not Hayley’s friend?

• Advertisement

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Was she not Hayley’s friend?

oh right maybe , cant remember now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,317 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

If I remember correctly, Damien kept talking about his ex and his daughter, which really annoyed her and she broke off the brief relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was watching The Field last night and noticed Tom Jordan was one of the lads in the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And the actress who played Lily was the priest's housekeeper

Sparko wrote: »

Was she a journalist or doing a thesis? How did she know about Nora and Robbie and the laundry etc.,?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That was a nice sing song the Collins had.

Even the Collins watch Netflix and not RTE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I wonder if they were watching Walk the Line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RIP Karl Shiels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

RIP Karl Shiels

Shocked at the news today. RIP Karl. My son met him about 10 days ago and he seemed to be in good form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭RobTheLad

RIP

I thought watching him the last few times he had his neck constantly drooped over, was only on it last night, wonder if it was quite sudden

Announced by RTE news but I can't find anything else online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

OMFG!! I'm in shock. R.I.P Karl, so young :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement