Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Sparko

I actually thought it was the best bit of acting I've seen in fair city in years. No overacting ... The wife is a pretty decent actress and in turn doesn't make him look all that bad.

I'd have to agree - definitely made for better watching than Paul and Jane, Renee and Sharon etc having the exact same scene they've been having for weeks just in a slightly different location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

They’ve even brought Brexit into Fair city. Jeeze I can’t get away from it.

Also Goo eyes looks like Manix Flynn.

Will was always going to have trouble in Greece!

Well they did invent gayness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Yep, round of applause for Mairéad, very credible performance. She could give lessons to Snarler, Orla, Renee etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I actually thought it was the best bit of acting I've seen in fair city in years. No overacting ... The wife is a pretty decent actress and in turn doesn't make him look all that bad.

Have to agree - it was quite a compelling performance from both actors. It was very natural.
    Not the normal rushed, over acting we're used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Pretzill wrote: »
    Have to agree - it was quite a compelling performance from both actors. It was very natural.
    Not the normal rushed, over acting we're used to.

It was really, really good. Like something straight out of a theatre play, I think that was a 12 minute continuous take or something.

Proper acting.....well done to the two of them and the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Will really likes the wide open eyes staring in space or passed the person he’s talking too.

I was worried at one stage his eyes were so wide that an eyeball might pop out or we would see the first ever dislocated eye socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Will really likes the wide open eyes staring in space or passed the person he’s talking too.

I was worried at one stage his eyes were so wide that an eyeball might pop out or we would see the first ever dislocated eye socket.

I got worried about that too !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I read this also and had the same conclusion.
    It appears if somebody misses an episode or a few weeks that certain news papers make them out to be gone for ages.
    Then they'll do an article with a few Tweets saying fans are delighted.
    I don't think the journalists watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Niall_76 wrote: »

Will always reminds me of this guy

73-11-marty-feldman.jpg?w=636

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I read this also and had the same conclusion.
    It appears if somebody misses an episode or a few weeks that certain news papers make them out to be gone for ages.
    Then they'll do an article with a few Tweets saying fans are delighted.
    I don't think the journalists watch it.

Journalists? You mean people who quote tweets, then embed said tweets .

So, Will is still working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Someone needs to get the WD 40 out for the creaky hinges on McCoy's door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Someone needs to get the WD 40 out for the creaky hinges on McCoy's door.

How else would we know a character has entered??

The whole thing of the door goes like:

2 characters have a chat about a third character.
    <squeeeeak>
    Third character appears, just like that!

Or...a conversation is coming to a natural end between Decco and Charlotte. <squeeeeak>
    Mondo appears, gives Decco an awkward look and goes to bar on his own.

Repeat as above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Wills wife is some desperate b*tch, he has been cheating on her since day one yet she takes all her aggression and sh*t out on poor Christiano and let’s her scumbag husband off with everything, I think Christiano has been hurt enough, he did nothing wrong in all this , was just another victim of Wills selfishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

fin12 wrote: »
    Wills wife is some desperate b*tch, he has been cheating on her since day one yet she takes all her aggression and sh*t out on poor Christiano and let’s her scumbag husband off with everything, I think Christiano has been hurt enough, he did nothing wrong in all this , was just another victim of Wills selfishness.

Good point. Christiano is the victim here and he needs to put his own self respect first and walk away from this scumbag who wants his cake and to eat it. He wants to keep his family and his bit on the side can drop everything when it suits him. Walk away Chris!

fin12 wrote: »

She seems to worry about what the neighbours in Cashel will say. I'd say the neighbours in Cashel put two and two together a long time ago.

What exactly is Will's job title.....mobile nurse ? He's on some money to keep two households going.

Do I dare ask where the heck yer man Keogh has gone, back to full time crisp making?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Hi all, brand new to Boards. I have lurked on this thread for years now (since Blackie Connors was in it I'm embarrassed to say) and finally decided to join ye all. I've been a fan of Fair City for years and years and it's fair to say I've enjoyed this thread 100 times more than the show itself - but sure that wouldn't be hard with some/all of the dire story lines and acting. So instead of screaming at the telly at the antics in Carrigstown from now on, I'm looking forward to rowing in with the gang here, if ye'll have me. Not v tech minded so hope I can get the hang of posting, quoting etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Hi all, brand new to Boards. I have lurked on this thread for years now (since Blackie Connors was in it I'm embarrassed to say) and finally decided to join ye all. I've been a fan of Fair City for years and years and it's fair to say I've enjoyed this thread 100 times more than the show itself - but sure that wouldn't be hard with some/all of the dire story lines and acting. So instead of screaming at the telly at the antics in Carrigstown from now on, I'm looking forward to rowing in with the gang here, if ye'll have me. Not v tech minded so hope I can get the hang of posting, quoting etc.

Blackie Connors :D

Sure you're in the correct thread?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Join in.
    You might even end up being discussed in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Blackie Connors was the name given by the FC boardsies to Tommy Dillon's 'brother'. The actor had played the part of Blackie in Glenroe! He also had the ould affair with the bould Judith, iirc.

Hatshepsut,welcome to the mad house. Happy posting! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Blackie Connors was the name given by the FC boardsies to Tommy Dillon's 'brother'. The actor had played the part of Blackie in Glenroe! He also had the ould affair with the bould Judith, iirc.

Quite a few ex-Glenroe actors in Fair City

Pete Ferguson (Rev George Black)
    Steve Yates (Des Brennan #2)
    Jane Black (Jennifer Crosby)
    Caroline Canning (Fiona March-Black)
    Rose O'Brien (Mary Moran)
    Seamus McAleer #2 (Paddy Maher)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Welcome, Hatshep! Over the last few months, we've lost a lot of contributors, so it's nice to have the oppurnity to say hello to a new one. Even though some posters have stopped posting, I suspect they're still reading this thread, and that's good. Like it says in the song "Hotel California" you can check out, but you can never leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

Well be the holy god......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Welcome Hatshepsut.

Don't be shy.

Welcome Hatshepsut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Greyie "Connors" Dillion :p

How has Jane no home of her own, didn't Dermot give her his house which she is now in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Is there no hotels in Dublin or even the rest of the country that Will can stay in?

Dean giving out every episode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement