Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Karl was just not involved in FC, he was a king among the acting community, he had his own theatre company, so maybe JC worked with him, or maybe like most of the mourners, he just respected Mr Shields

The caption on the Mirror said Fair City Actor...just lazy cut and paste captioning really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I think / predict (but I could be wrong) that Brendan will be caught .. I think that Pauls partner Fiona will dob him in .. I can just feel it in me waters - and her suspiciously asking Bella "was that Brendan?" - I just can see it happening , shes a cow (the character, not the actor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

is it bad that I looked at Thursday night's episode and see Bella sitting in the hungry pig .. and I also saw a dashing Robbie in the episode and thought to myself , if someone told me Bella off fair city passed away then I would have been sad but expected it more so ... but Robbie? - no way!! .. its still a shock really .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

John Connors is in Fair City!?

Ya was the convicted woman beater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

No that's Patrick Fitzpatrick who played Zumo Bishop.

John Connors has no convictions for beating a woman. He also hasn't been in Fair City as far as I recall.

*edit to add, query of his appearance in FC came from previous poster, having clicked the link now the caption under his photo reads "Love/Hate actor.." So it must have been amended since that poster asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A blast from the past!
    faircity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

is it bad that I looked at Thursday night's episode and see Bella sitting in the hungry pig .. and I also saw a dashing Robbie in the episode and thought to myself , if someone told me Bella off fair city passed away then I would have been sad but expected it more so ... but Robbie? - no way!! .. its still a shock really .

Janey. Sadly I honestly felt Robbie (Karl Shiels) has been looking worse than Bella for a year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Cash_Q wrote: »
    *edit to add, query of his appearance in FC came from previous poster, having clicked the link now the caption under his photo reads "Love/Hate actor.." So it must have been amended since that poster asked.

OoPi20.png

It was the mirror with the error in the captioning, it's still there. I think that's where the confusion came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Did they ever say what happened Robbie? What caused the hunch? I’m so shocked the producers allowed it to continue. It is very sad and uncomfortable viewing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Did they ever say what happened Robbie? What caused the hunch? I’m so shocked the producers allowed it to continue. It is very sad and uncomfortable viewing

I hadnt tuned in for ages, not since Kayteeeeee's incarceration. How long has Robbie been hunched over like that, he looks as uncomfortable as I feel watching him.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Its been tough watching him over recent months. He genuinely looked like he was in a lot discomfort. I passed him on Grafton St a few months back and he was a fairly big tall man.

Still sad watching him on screen though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Delighted to see Heather gone but it's a pity she couldn't take Renee and Ellie with her.

I'm not looking forward to the money lending story with the Collins lads in the coming weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

This is going to turn out badly for the Collins family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm not looking forward to the money lending story with the Collins lads in the coming weeks!

It's just SO predictable

giphy.gif

jos28 wrote: »
    It's just SO predictable

giphy.gif

At least there isn't a factory roof for them to tamper with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's Fiona plan / end game, fleece Paul?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think it will finish up around there 30th Birthday in September.

I do think she may like him but she'll go for money in the end.

Another thing I was thinking was she could be there for Niamh!

I’d love if Carol boxed the head of Fiona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yep, then a reeling Paul will shag Carol and Eoin gets the leg over on brows Dillon soon to.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

So a guy Eoghan kind of knows left him to negotiate a catering contract with Dean.. that’s believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

No never said what it was. In FC there were mutterings of a bad back which is why he couldn't have reunited day sex with Carol but that was it.

I'd say the producers ok'd it with Karl Sheils family before going ahead and airing the episodes he had recorded. They'd have to surely? I agree it's hard viewing though.

I remember over ten years ago now when Mags (Joan Brosnan) speech started to slur with her motor neuron they left it go on for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Now, there's a good idea. Pity the scriptwriters don't have as many.

Sorcha Furling aka Orla got married on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

Sorcha Furling aka Orla got married on Friday!

It should have been me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Its been tough watching him over recent months. He genuinely looked like he was in a lot discomfort. I passed him on Grafton St a few months back and he was a fairly big tall man.

Still sad watching him on screen though!

He didn't look well last night, like he had some sort of debilitating illness. It's definitely sad and a bit surreal watching these episodes.

That is very interesting if true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Fiona is cooking something up, that's for sure. She plays the manipulative villain very well.

Collins money issues are just a yawn fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Fiona reminds me of Mrs Bucket in Keeping Up Appearances, but she makes people angry, rather than scare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Delighted to see Heather gone but it's a pity she couldn't take Renee and Ellie with her.
    Pity heather has gone. Shes a very good versatile actress .

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Pity heather has gone. Shes a very good versatile actress .

Una Kavanagh (Heather) is a great actress but the writing for the character was dreadful lately. The last few weeks it has been the same scene - her going over to McCoys to check on Hughie like he was a 5 year old. "He needs me"

It was very tiresome so I am happy she's gone. If she comes back again, I hope the writing is stronger for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Delighted she is gone. The heather storylines have been woefull for ages. Don't t think they dealt with this story well or accurately at all and thought the actress was way OTT with her portrayal of brain injuries but each to their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

tototoe wrote: »
    Delighted she is gone. The heather storylines have been woefull for ages. Don't t think they dealt with this story well or accurately at all and thought the actress was way OTT with her portrayal of brain injuries but each to their own

Yes, it's like they gave her three or four different psychiatric conditions instead of one. At times she was more like a person on drugs (giggling all the time, sexually uninhibited, acting erratically etc) than someone with a head injury.

I prefer Heather over Renee

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

tototoe wrote: »

I agree 100% with this. It seems as though no one thought to research brain trauma and its effects before re-imagining the character of Heather. Then again, I don't think FC ever executes any storyline well. Even if it appears promising in the beginning (e.g. The Phoenix Way plot) it soon descends into farce. And the sad thing is that the actors are quite good (I've seen one or two on stage) but the calibre of the writing is absolutely abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I’d hate to be waiting for post on Mr. Collins round, he doesn’t start working till mid morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

I wonder will Jake ever be back or was that one throwaway line from Will the end of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The storyline about trafficked women could have been a good one but as usual they are starting it off as a stupid scenario where she is hiding behind doors and kitchen counters and Decco is supposed to not even notice any of this.

It was like someone just painted her face red rather than someone who was beaten up.

The storyline about trafficked women could have been a good one but as usual they are starting it off as a stupid scenario where she is hiding behind doors and kitchen counters and Decco is supposed to not even notice any of this.

It was like someone just painted her face red rather than someone who was beaten up.

After the odd way the storyline went the last time with it all happening in clubs offscreen and then Charlotte explaining everything in the Hungry Pig, I don't have high hopes for it this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Charlotte is some flake.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Sparko wrote: »
    I wonder will Jake ever be back or was that one throwaway line from Will the end of him.

I'd say that's the end of him; unless they bring him back in a few years with a new head like they did with Dearbhla.

Fair City never does exits very well. Usually with the other soaps, we know weeks - sometimes months - in advance if an actor is leaving, unless they're doing a ''shock death'' storyline and need to keep it under wraps. And they always make it clear that the character is gone for good. Niamh's departure was the only one that was actually spelled out, but the others have been very vague. Take Judith, for example; she went to Africa for a few months (three, I think) and no one ever mentioned that the exit was permanent. After a longish while, we heard that she was practicing medicine in Munich with no explanation as to why she went there, or if she ever intends on coming home. The same happened with Dearbhla; the character (portrayed by the original actress) left with Sean (her then boyfriend) to spend a year in Canada. Sean came home but she stayed, but no one said it was a permanent exit in the beginning. The same with Farrah and Jackie. Is Farrah ever coming back? Or Jackie, for that matter?

I’d hate to be waiting for post on Mr. Collins round, he doesn’t start working till mid morning!

I say he works in the sorting office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

LordBasil wrote: »
    Una Kavanagh (Heather) is a great actress but the writing for the character was dreadful lately. The last few weeks it has been the same scene - her going over to McCoys to check on Hughie like he was a 5 year old. "He needs me"

It was very tiresome so I am happy she's gone. If she comes back again, I hope the writing is stronger for her.

I drop in and out of this series ... this Heather storyline was brutal. She is a good actress but the story dragged on. I think a break from Hughie, Renee and co is well earned at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Why couldn’t Dearbhla have found out about the trafficked girl a different way?

Planning a three day festival in the station.. get out of that. And one where Carol was supposed to want to replace her food sales by moving a food truck outside the pub... which would mean moving it about 5m from where it usually is as the entrance to the station has been in the background of the scenes at hot pots

And I don’t hold out much hope for this girl if she can’t keep her face away from a glass door for 5 mins and spills her story to someone she never met 3 seconds after being spotted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

So you're on the run from a notorious pimp and you decide to go for a drink in the local pub. Very clever. And that guy is too young to have been engaged to Erica.

At last we have a mention of poor Dermot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I think there's more serious issues to sort out....for anyone who was affected by Dean's ludicrously tight jogging bottoms..here's the help line number..1850 budgiesmeggler.......:P

Does anyone have a little refresher of who Erica's ex boyfriend is, how he knows Dermot etc?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement