Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She's seems like a fairly ditzy yoke to be fair.
    There's being times at she wasn't the nicest to Doug!

Yes a ditz like Kerri Anne and now a change

Erica seemed to have a thing for Doug which is dropped now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can somebody help me with this? I'm a tad lost with the Collin's mortgage.
    He's a postman with years(And should be on alright money) and she's a hairdresser and should have a bit of cash also.
    They should have regular income into there bank account with years.
    One of the lads said the other night that they had to get the stolen money in because the bank needed to see regular amounts of being lodged but they only started this in February.
    Also how will they cope if there kids every move out how will they be able to keep up the repayment.
    My other issue is why isn't Lee working. He doesn't appear to do much but he sometimes seems to have cash and always has money for clothes.

I know I need to get a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Can somebody help me with this? I'm a tad lost with the Collin's mortgage.
    He's a postman with years(And should be on alright money) and she's a hairdresser and should have a bit of cash also.
    They should have regular income into there bank account with years.
    One of the lads said the other night that they had to get the stolen money in because the bank needed to see regular amounts of being lodged but they only started this in February.
    Also how will they cope if there kids every move out how will they be able to keep up the repayment.
    My other issue is why isn't Lee working. He doesn't appear to do much but he sometimes seems to have cash and always has money for clothes.

I know I need to get a life.

It doesn't add up. You have five adults living in the same house, four of whom seem to have full time jobs. The house should be awash with money and they should even have a fair few bob saved in the bank. This business of them living from day to day seems crazy.....it's not as if the five of them are on the dole.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It doesn't add up. You have five adults living in the same house, four of whom seem to have full time jobs. The house should be awash with money and they should even have a fair few bob saved in the bank. This business of them living from day to day seems crazy.....it's not as if the five of them are on the dole.

It's just seem like a poor attempt at a working family at buying a house.
    Will all the Collins kids get a share or what?

Brave man!
    67535024_2890338404341121_1020266049485930496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQmmUm6Vwh9hw43avt_qrUMaDUm6Q8Uy6XDXmMchUVEGZDUSa33Q_Iyt48JCG7fXKNc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=5c0efaf372cee30385f7bd8473b82ee5&oe=5DA96281

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

They spend all their cash in Vinos, the hungry pig. Spar, the Station and McCoys.

Renee doesn't look to happy!
    lle%20Dixon%20Wedding%205.jpg
    I wonder did Ama have a handbag sage!
    lle%20Dixon%20Wedding%208.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Renee doesn't look to happy!
    lle%20Dixon%20Wedding%205.jpg
    I wonder did Ama have a handbag sage!
    lle%20Dixon%20Wedding%208.jpg

Renee never looks happy, such a horrible character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

It doesn't add up.

Nothing adds up in FC, remember trying to do the maths when the Dermot/Niamh plan was going on. Nasa couldn't have made that add up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Ama actress looks beautiful in that photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That would never happen in the real world, Darragh and Lee would be saving for their own homes not to buy a house with their parents. F*cking stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Guessing that wasn't a real taxi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope it was

A reception in the Collins house.
    They already used The Community Center, The upstairs room in Mccoys and now Bella's old house.

Where next, Phelan's shop?

A reception in the Collins house.
    They already used The Community Center, The upstairs room in Mccoys and now Bella's old house.

Im sorry but did they really say that ?????

Im sorry but did they really say that ?????

Sharon said something along the lines of we can have the reception in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Just how stupid is Charlotte. As for the Collins having a wedding in their house all I can say is hahahaaaaa.

No Fair City next Sunday 4th August!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I really don't understand what went on between Erica and yer man Philiph, she explained it tonight but I'm still I can't understand, anyone else feel the same? .. Can someone explain?

• Advertisement

I really don't understand what went on between Erica and yer man Philiph, she explained it tonight but I'm still I can't understand, anyone else feel the same? .. Can someone explain?

Now from my understanding.
    Erica was having cold feet and said nothing.
    Philip was also having cold feet and he told somebody the night before.
    Somebody stood up at the wedding and said what Philip said the night before and that he stayed with her.
    Erica used this basically as her get out of jail free card.
    She then went off and told everybody Philip jilted her.

No Fair City next Sunday 4th August!

That's the bank holiday for you

When Carol was helping to get Julia our do he country a few years ago it reminded me of back in the mid 2000's when she helped getting Mondo out of the country.

Now from my understanding.
    Erica was having cold feet and said nothing.
    Philip was also having cold feet and he told somebody the night before.
    Somebody stood up at the wedding and said what Philip said the night before and that he stayed with her.
    Erica used this basically as her get out of jail free card.
    She then went off and told everybody Philip jilted her.

I've a feeling all is not well between Erica and Darragh despite the so called engagement last night. They hardly even know each other and yet she rushed into saying yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I'm just waiting on the moneylenders to come looking for the first payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There’s a nasty side to that Erica one. Who the f*ck lies about being jilted at the altar, only a narcissist would do that.

fin12 wrote: »
    There’s a nasty side to that Erica one. Who the f*ck lies about being jilted at the altar, only a narcissist would do that.

Kerri-Anne the second I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I've a feeling all is not well between Erica and Darragh despite the so called engagement last night. They hardly even know each other and yet she rushed into saying yes.

They needed to shoehorn in the proposal to get as much drama as possible before Phillip and Erica’s 3 month stints are over.

Barely saw Erica and Darragh together but all of a sudden she’s round the Collins’ for breakfast everyday.

Throw in Lee’s tinder date that night and it’s no wonder Lee finds the new bedroom sharing situation a bit cramped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Darragh will end up like Hughie. Nothing surer.

• Advertisement

Darragh will end up like Hughie. Nothing surer.

Off the wagon?

Niall_76 wrote: »
    They needed to shoehorn in the proposal to get as much drama as possible before Phillip and Erica’s 3 month stints are over.

Barely saw Erica and Darragh together but all of a sudden she’s round the Collins’ for breakfast everyday.

Throw in Lee’s tinder date that night and it’s no wonder Lee finds the new bedroom sharing situation a bit cramped.

How long are Erica and Darragh dating.....3-5 months maybe? They barely even know each other. It sounds like another Erica marriage fiasco is already on the way.

How long are Erica and Darragh dating.....3-5 months maybe? They barely even know each other. It sounds like another Erica marriage fiasco is already on the way.

It's just a simple story for the writers.
    In other soaps they might use a county house or hotel for a wedding on Fair City they use your living room.

branie2 wrote: »
    Off the wagon?

No I mean ditched by someone that never really loved him.

fin12 wrote: »
    Kerri-Anne the second I'd say!

Another change for the bad

Why is everyone so afraid of Richie Lennon? Is he in the Kinahan/Hutch league?

He just looks like a smug pimp with a Scottish accent to me that could be brought down with a bit of cooperation from Carol, Decco and Charlotte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

Did anyone listen to the voiceover during the credits tonight? Sounded very like Charlotte. Wonder have they drafted in the actors for those now too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Much better storylines at the moment compared to the Hughie/Heather ones. Could do without the Christiano stuff though! I don't think they delve deep enough into the gangland side here. I get it this Richie Lennon is part of a Hutch or Kinahan type network that once included Billy Meehan and many of the others. Carol knows them all you will notice!!

Of course, Erica is the new Kerri-Ann. She even dresses in the same gear Kerri-Ann used to have!! Let's just hope they do not do another boring wedding story with Darragh and Erica with she then choosing Philip. More interesting would be the development of an unstable, manipulative type who gets pleasure out of messing up lives. Her history so far shows she jilted Philip at the alter and blamed him. Then she went on and messed around with Doug and now she is with Darragh. Kerri-Ann was one of the major character makeovers. She went from harmless airhead to sadistic murderer very quickly.

Sparko wrote: »
    Did anyone listen to the voiceover during the credits tonight? Sounded very like Charlotte. Wonder have they drafted in the actors for those now too!

Dearbhla is doing a TV ad for an Irish popcorn company at the moment, I'd recognise her voice anywhere :)

Dearbhla is doing a TV ad for an Irish popcorn company at the moment, I'd recognise her voice anywhere :)

She works in a pharmacy in Dublin Airport Terminal 2, too.

Only know cause we spotted her on the way off on holidays last week!

So Charlotte offers Richie her "business skills" in return for leaving her family alone? Not offers to go on the game for him or any nefarious activity you assume a gangster like Richie might actually be interested it; no, she's going to accept his job offer and use her skillz to run his club.

• Advertisement

Most actors have regular jobs as well.

I'm just watching now Erica is looking dodgy when asked about her parents. They are really turning her into Kerri-Anne 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

So Charlotte offers Richie her "business skills" in return for leaving her family alone? Not offers to go on the game for him or any nefarious activity you assume a gangster like Richie might actually be interested it; no, she's going to accept his job offer and use her skillz to run his club.

Nah, I can't see Richie following through on that, he'll probably groom her, have someone keeping an eye on her, meanwhile, she'll get settled into her new job and be planning on how to get the girls out of his clutches... :rolleyes:

branie2 wrote: »
    Most actors have regular jobs as well.

I take it you don't know any actual actors.

I'm just watching now Erica is looking dodgy when asked about her parents. They are really turning her into Kerri-Anne 2!

They must be real as Philip still in contact, yes a jilted ex keeping in touch with the parents, always happens :rolleyes:

I take it you don't know any actual actors.

John Deegan is a full time taxi man, so is Leo, and Sean has a dance studio
    So yeah a few actors have real jobs

John Deegan is a full time taxi man, so is Leo, and Sean has a dance studio
    So yeah a few actors have real jobs

Acting is a real job.

1st August
    Charlotte hides the truth from Decco when Ritchie changes the deal. Ray is shocked to find Nora drinking with another man and Cristiano's plans for Will backfire.
    Sunday 4th
    No episode!
    Tuesday 6th
    Charlotte does her best to stand up to Ritchie while Decco's suspicions continue to rise. Cristiano is surprised when Will makes an effort, and Ray turns down Nora's offer.
    Wednesday 7th
    Will warns Phoebe not to get involved with Aaron, and Orla intrigues Fiona with a business offer. Meanwhile, Dolores is uneasy when Pete is elected Chairperson of the task force.
    Thursday 8th
    Lee's money-making bid ends disastrously and Cristiano covers for Phoebe to Will. Pete dismisses Dolores' concerns about him being chairperson, while Orla rejects Eoghan's offer.

What's the
    task force
    ?

You insinuated that that actors dont have other "real" jobs. That other poster said sOme actors have jobs outside RTE

Where? I believe I was the one pointing out that "Derbhla" has another job?

I don't know if these actors would be all too delighted to hear that their acting is not a "real" job.

Yes, I read something about her being a former model and a pharmacist, so that totally adds up. She sounds very versatile! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement