Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

What's the
    task force
    ?[/QUOTE]

Carrigstown Climate Change Task Force! I'd say Tessa would be involved too.. Just messing :)

Why do Carol and Robbie seem to be incapable of barring people from their own pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Ronnie Mccann, (Ritchie Lennon) was another actor who appeared in Doctors

One of the actresses in Ros na Run owna a boutique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

When Charlotte said it's Dublin or nowhere I thought she was going to say it's Newbridge or Nowhere!

branie2 wrote: »

Bet he was in The Bill as well.

He was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

John Deegan is a full time taxi man, so is Leo, and Sean has a dance studio
    So yeah a few actors have real jobs

Is Leo a taxi man in real life? Where does he work, I’d love to get into his cab that would be so cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What's the
    task force
    ?

Carrigstown Climate Change Task Force! I'd say Tessa would be involved too.. Just messing :)
    [/QUOTE]

Sounds great!:D

• Advertisement

Sorry what is Charlotte going to do if she gets Richies mothers details? Like what is she going to threaten to kill her? Stupid storyline.

fin12 wrote: »
    Sorry what is Charlotte going to do if she gets Richies mothers details? Like what is she going to threaten to kill her? Stupid storyline.

She might tell Ritchie that she'll tell his mother what he's really like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Incidentally, his son is a young magician who appeared on Ireland's Got Talent and has been on the Ellen show in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Is Leo a taxi man in real life? Where does he work, I’d love to get into his cab that would be so cool.

I'd rather walk home with blisters on my feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

I'd rather walk home with blisters on my feet

Me too. Painful character himself, Bella and that other nonsensical character Cass are obviously there for the blue rinse brigade....but they Are woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

A Samsung Galaxy Note, looks like a box of matches in his hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

No idea, but my wife was in a taxi driven John Deegan about 4/5 years ago.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

She will just get one of her contacts do it for her. She has an endless amounts of contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

She might tell Ritchie that she'll tell his mother what he's really like!

• Advertisement

boarding school
    storyline coming up next week

Skip to 3:40 and you'll see a fresh faced Enda Oates and a few other faces back in 1997.

He played the vicar George Black

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

boarding school
    storyline coming up next week

Any more details? Who it involves?

LordBasil wrote: »
    Any more details? Who it involves?

Fiona, Ruth and Melanie. Apparently Fiona wants Ruth to go to one, and Melanie is against the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Fiona taking up the role of 'Wicked Stepmother' with aplomb.

But here's the twist: Ruth
    wants to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A Teddy bear

Isn't Ruth only about 5 ? It should be Ellie going to boarding school.

I think Ruth is older than 5 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Organise a rave party for her :p

• Advertisement

Robbie's final scenes will air tomorrow night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

She's 9. But if they want to send Ellie too I wouldn't be against it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Great scenes from Charlotte this evening. Anyone know how long she is gone for ? Hopefully not for good. Bad enough we lost Oisín.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Goodbye Charlotte Bishop, it was nice knowing you. Chances are we'll never see your sarky face again. ''Going to Glasgow'' for ''six months'' is bound to turn out to be: ''exit stage left; gone for good'' and the next we'll hear of you is via a phone call received by Decco from a gritty Scots cop channeling the late great DCI Jim Taggert of Maryhill CID, informing him that a body was fished out of the Clyde that matches your description.

Cue a few weeks of grief and mayhem, until your storyline is resolved without really being resolved at all, only to be replaced on screen by some Groundhog Day sh**e about Junior/Orla/Tommy/Wayne/Sash/Designer Baby Saviour Sibling.

Wonder if this is the last we'll see of auld Bit*hy Lennon, though? Probably - that is until a convenient gangster of all trades is required to fit some madcap, braindead future storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This Erica/Darragh on and off again is getting tedious at this stage.

Sure they barely know each other 5 minutes and they are supposed to be getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Sure they barely know each other 5 minutes and they are supposed to be getting married.

I know; it's fecking nuts. And you'd think he'd have already told her about the ex cheating on him. If you're marrying someone you usually discuss things like that.

All we can hope for outta that knackered auld storyline is that Erica turns out to be Lucy Mallon mark 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Robbie's final scenes will air tomorrow night!

I just hope the writers come up with a good story for Robbie's exit. It's so sad to think of how young the actor was, and so talented. It wasn't his fault he was landed with such dreadful scripts in FC. RIP Karl Shiels. :(

I just hope the writers come up with a good story for Robbie's exit. It's so sad to think of how young the actor was, and so talented. It wasn't his fault he was landed with such dreadful scripts in FC. RIP Karl Shiels. :(

Personally I think they'll go down the route of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Goodbye Charlotte Bishop, it was nice knowing you. Chances are we'll never see your sarky face again. ''Going to Glasgow'' for ''six months'' is bound to turn out to be: ''exit stage left; gone for good'' and the next we'll hear of you is via a phone call received by Decco from a gritty Scots cop channeling the late great DCI Jim Taggert of Maryhill CID, informing him that a body was fished out of the Clyde that matches your description.

Cue a few weeks of grief and mayhem, until your storyline is resolved without really being resolved at all, only to be replaced on screen by some Groundhog Day sh**e about Junior/Orla/Tommy/Wayne/Sash/Designer Baby Saviour Sibling.

Wonder if this is the last we'll see of auld Bit*hy Lennon, though? Probably - that is until a convenient gangster of all trades is required to fit some madcap, braindead future storyline.

........or maybe she might meet and fall in love and marry a bigger fish in the bigger pond and Richie's arch enemy who he's afraid of.....and he's thinking of retiring to Dublin with his new wife and leaving his three sons in charge of operations in Scotland.

Richie quaking in his boots, backs down and they're all happy in Carrickstown for another few weeks....until Don Baker's twin brother arrives back in Carrickstown to settle a few scores.

A girl can but dream.....

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Great scenes from Charlotte this evening. Anyone know how long she is gone for ? Hopefully not for good. Bad enough we lost Ois

I hope both return soon, married

Sparko wrote: »
    She's 9. But if they want to send Ellie too I wouldn't be against it!

I don't think Renee would like the idea of boarding school for her granddaughter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

I don't think Renee would like the idea of boarding school for her granddaughter

Renee doesn't like the idea of anything. I've enjoyed not seeing her miserable face for a while.

tototoe wrote: »
    Me too. Painful character himself, Bella and that other nonsensical character Cass are obviously there for the blue rinse brigade....but they Are woeful.

But you wouldn’t be meeting the character Leo, you would be meeting the actor who plays Leo. Can people not separate the character from the real person?

Just on the topic of Ruth going to a boarding school, why is there always negativity surrounding boarding schools? I’d like to hear the positive stories from people who attended boarding schools, surely there are people out there who went to boarding schools and had a great time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Seen Melanie from Fair City at ATN this weekend raving away! Brilliant. She looks about ten years younger in real life.

• Advertisement

Just on the topic of Ruth going to a boarding school, why is there always negativity surrounding boarding schools? I’d like to hear the positive stories from people who attended boarding schools, surely there are people out there who went to boarding schools and had a great time.

I'm sure there are, but that could be a minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I went to a weekly boarding school and loved it,

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Thank God the original post was put in spoiler form. I’d have hated to find out about the boarding school at that stage and not a page later.

Charlotte and her threatening the gangster she was so afraid of until she discovered she had to go to Glasgow. Ridiculous

Was Erica not going to dump Darragh as she had feelings for Doug :confused: he knew her better got her a good thoughtful birthday present

Hayley worried about Erica cheating on Darragh, Hayley who went off with Paul and Robbie, as if she would care even if Darragh is her big brother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Erica, Darragh, Doug, Philip. Must more than a love triangle! I bet it's going to come to a head and Darragh and Philip demand she picks one or the other. She'll say "neither, I want Doug!"

Robbie's last scene is tonight, he must have been going to take a break around now. It will be tough to watch.

Still mention of Charlie, hope he gets a good storyline send off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement