Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭floraldream

Have ye ever noticed Carol always has to be doing something with her handbag, moving it on her shoulder or swinging it around this evening .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Are we supposed to believe the. 2 Collins plonkers did not know the story with the loan from the money lender. Seriously?

Load of meeaw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

tototoe wrote: »
    Are we supposed to believe the. 2 Collins plonkers did not know the story with the loan from the money lender. Seriously?

Load of meeaw..

Though nearly believable as they are such tools!

Take Darragh's proposition to Erica, who barely knows.

Though nearly believable as they are such tools!

Take Darragh's proposition to Erica, who barely knows.

Ya I suppose credible storylines are not fair city's strong point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Have ye ever noticed Carol always has to be doing something with her handbag, moving it on her shoulder or swinging it around this evening .

It makes a change all the same with her constantly having a lighter in one hand and a fag in her gob..non stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

How did they work in that Robbie story of going away before he died...:confused:

Karl Shiels did not look well. That was kinda spooky. And a bit like Poochy from the Simpsons, "I must go now, my planet needs me".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Karl Shiels did not look well. That was kinda spooky. And a bit like Poochy from the Simpsons, "I must go now, my planet needs me".
    He really didnt look at all well. Poor thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I found tonight's episode sad, not the story line (that's always sad), but we knew it was Karl's last appearance, and Renee and Dolores mentioning Charlie going to Canada. Two of FC's actors gone, RIP to them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

I found it poignant that his last scene was with Carol & his last words/line was “See ya”. It was so sad knowing he passed away shortly afterwards.

• Advertisement

misschoo wrote: »
    I found it poignant that his last scene was with Carol & his last words/line was “See ya”. It was so sad knowing he passed away shortly afterwards.

That's what gets me...he must have asked to be written out for a while.....very sad ...

He was probably taking a break due to his health, he wasn't in it for maybe two or three weeks? Then a sudden trip and an "I'm off love"; maybe I shouldn't assume but I'm going to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Personally I think they'll go down the route of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

Yeah, I don't think they'll do anything like a violent death, or a missing person story, etc. It'd be considered in very poor taste if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

What's with Orla and the walking tours? She has barely spoken to Fiona and now randomly approaches her with a business idea... Never mind that we're already halfway through the summer which will be as good as over before they'll be ready to start operating...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope both return soon, married

I hope they return as well (but I don't think it's likely Oisin will - maybe they'll recast the role, but if they did, it wouldn't be too soon) but I wouldn't like them to get married. I love them as partners in crime, but not the angsty romance between them. And the marriage thing always, IMO, wrecks good characters and dilutes their personalities. They become boring very quickly - Robert Sugden in Emmerdale being a case in point. He lost his edge and stopped being interesting when he settled into domestic bliss with Aaron. It happens to most soap couples.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    ........or maybe she might meet and fall in love and marry a bigger fish in the bigger pond and Richie's arch enemy who he's afraid of.....and he's thinking of retiring to Dublin with his new wife and leaving his three sons in charge of operations in Scotland.

Richie quaking in his boots, backs down and they're all happy in Carrickstown for another few weeks....until Don Baker's twin brother arrives back in Carrickstown to settle a few scores.

A girl can but dream.....

I'd actually love that storyline, Mena and the Don Baker thing would be OTT gas. It'd be nice to see her return as someone who'd have all the FC crims quaking in their boots! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Load of meeaw..

And The Collins are from Darndale :P

Is Aidan the guy who was working with Cathal?

I see that they mentioned that Charlie was gone to visit Bernie. As Tom Jordan passed away in real life, it's likely that the character will pass away peacefully in Canada like Mags did.

And since when did Orla become Niamh's (or Yvonne's - Ruth's birth mum) sister? ''I'm Ruth's aunt,'' she told Fiona. No, you're not Orla, your're Niamh's cousin, so that makes you Ruth's cousin - not her aunt. The Doyles; Jimmy, Darren, Suzanne and Louise are her aunts and uncles, and Catriona, Sean and Ciara Cassidy are her adoptive aunts and uncle. And Juliet O'Connell is her adoptive first cousin.

Jaysus! I hate being so fecking pedantic, but I hate when soaps get stuff like that wrong! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Shakyfan wrote: »
    What's with Orla and the walking tours? She has barely spoken to Fiona and now randomly approaches her with a business idea... Never mind that we're already halfway through the summer which will be as good as over before they'll be ready to start operating...

Yeah, found that very strange, she seems to have forgotten all about Junior and Sach and all the suggeragate stuff..... Dean trying to get friendly with Fiona while she was just having a coffee, he's like, "have I seen you around".. Jesus, can't people not just go have a coffee in the area without being questioned?.. .. I'd hate to live in that Carrigstown area.

• Advertisement

Yeah, found that very strange, she seems to have forgotten all about Junior and Sach and all the suggeragate stuff..... Dean trying to get friendly with Fiona while she was just having a coffee, he's like, "have I seen you around".. Jesus, can't people not just go have a coffee in the area without being questioned?.. .. I'd hate to live in that Carrigstown area.

.....And did you notice she's started glamming herself up again? The garb of grief has been replaced with some new threads and the tear swollen face is now sporting makeup. And that's before you mention the dye job and re-styling of the hair. :D

Shakyfan wrote: »

Did Orla use all the money Dolly gave her or why not ask Dolly or Pete to invest in the micro tours business?

I thought Orla would have her hands full with the garage, a sick son and preggers Sash in Prague, did Orla or Wayne acknowledge if Sash is preggers yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is fair city gone all gender neutral bullsh*t now aswell?? Anto being corrected by Pete when calling him chairman.

I see that they mentioned that Charlie was gone to visit Bernie. As Tom Jordan passed away in real life, it's likely that the character will pass away peacefully in Canada like Mags did.

And since when did Orla become Niamh's (or Yvonne's - Ruth's birth mum) sister? ''I'm Ruth's aunt,'' she told Fiona. No, you're not Orla, your're Niamh's cousin, so that makes you Ruth's cousin - not her aunt. The Doyles; Jimmy, Darren, Suzanne and Louise are her aunts and uncles, and Catriona, Sean and Ciara Cassidy are her adoptive aunts and uncle. And Juliet O'Connell is her adoptive first cousin.

Jaysus! I hate being so fecking pedantic, but I hate when soaps get stuff like that wrong! :P

Thank you!! I get awful pedantic about cousins too, ever since I had a thoroughbred ex racehorse and worked out he was a second cousin to Saddlers Wells (that probably means FA to anyone now!). My cousin's kid is a funny little guy I get on with like a house on fire but I still introduce him like "This is my first cousin once removed"!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Those teens are so boring. Wheres ellie with her vodka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

These Collins chaps all seem to have "a mate" for every occasion. The father Anto to get gilt edged tips for the horses or some dodgy back to front Irish flags. Lee who has "a mate" who has "a mate" called Johnno who is a loan shark.

I'm a bit surprised though that Lee and Darragh when talking among themselves wouldn't refer to their "mate" by his actual name rather than "a mate"...seen as they would seem to be portrayed as pretty close brothers. I wouldn't be extremely close to my brother but for the most part we would know each others mates and even if we didn't we would call them by their first name when talking to each other rather than as "a mate".

• Advertisement

Those teens are so boring. Wheres ellie with her vodka.

I was thinking with Aaron and Will are they going down a teen alcohol abuse storyline? They'll only mess it up anyway, FC writers just can't carry a serious storyline to save the channel.

These Collins chaps all seem to have "a mate" for every occasion. The father Anto to get gilt edged tips for the horses or some dodgy back to front Irish flags. Lee who has "a mate" who has "a mate" called Johnno who is a loan shark.

I'm a bit surprised though that Lee and Darragh when talking among themselves wouldn't refer to their "mate" by his actual name rather than "a mate"...seen as they would seem to be portrayed as pretty close brothers. I wouldn't be extremely close to my brother but for the most part we would know each others mates and even if we didn't we would call them by their first name when talking to each other rather than as "a mate".

Well i dont know my brothers mates nor he all of mine.....i'd refer to a "mate" if i knew he didnt know of them....but if i knew he knew them then i'd just say his name...."Friends" anyone..!!.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I bet Charlie is going to die in Canada and be burried there with Mags. So perhaps no storyline.

Is it just coincidence that Robbie was leaving for a bit? His final scene was sad knowing it genuinely was his final scene.

I bet when news comes back that he died poor Norah will be distraught and she'll get back with Ray.

Will is the biggest drippiest pain in the back side ever. Never happy, always moaning, working, doing things his way. I want Chris to have an affair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

threetrees wrote: »
    Will is the biggest drippiest pain in the back side ever. Never happy, always moaning, working, doing things his way. I want Chris to have an affair!

For some reason I'm questioning Eoghan's sexuality lately. He might go off with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

threetrees wrote: »
    I bet Charlie is going to die in Canada and be burried there with Mags. So perhaps no storyline.

Is it just coincidence that Robbie was leaving for a bit? His final scene was sad knowing it genuinely was his final scene.

I bet when news comes back that he died poor Norah will be distraught and she'll get back with Ray.

Agree, Can't stand Will. Such a buzzkill drip. Mairead is better off without him and Cristiano needs to find someone fun who will appreciate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

LordBasil wrote: »
    Agree, Can't stand Will. Such a buzzkill drip. Mairead is better off without him and Cristiano needs to find someone fun who will appreciate him.

Christiano can fu5k right off as well, always trying to organise people's love lives. Keep your nose out.

Christiano can fu5k right off as well, always trying to organise people's love lives. Keep your nose out.

I know Cristiano can be a bit full-on and interfering, he means well. He does not have a bad bone in his body.

The script writers don't do Cristiano any favours. They seem to have him latching onto people to try and sort out their love lifes, often getting snapped at and abused along the way as a result.

Will is way out of order with him over the last few episodes in particular. The manner he said something to Cristiano along the lines of "excuse me I'm speaking to my daughter" in last nights episode was particularly condescending.

I would nearly say its at the stage where its mental abuse already but can probably see it developing to physical domestic abuse. First Will not allowing Cristiano out of the flat, that kind of thing and then physically harming Cristiano. When was the last time we had domestic abuse in Fair City? Damien and Suzanne?

The script writers don't do Cristiano any favours. They seem to have him latching onto people to try and sort out their love lifes, often getting snapped at and abused along the way as a result.

Will is way out of order with him over the last few episodes in particular. The manner he said something to Cristiano along the lines of "excuse me I'm speaking to my daughter" in last nights episode was particularly condescending.

I would nearly say its at the stage where its mental abuse already but can probably see it developing to physical domestic abuse. First Will not allowing Cristiano out of the flat, that kind of thing and then physically harming Cristiano. When was the last time we had domestic abuse in Fair City? Damien and Suzanne?

Paddy Bishop and wife, around 2013 ish.

One of the most annoying characters in the show. Hasn't ever had a good storyline

Paddy Bishop and wife, around 2013 ish.

Your spot on - checked dates there. Damo and Suzanne domestic abuse storyline was circa 2010 - hard to believe it was that long ago!

Your spot on - checked dates there. Damo and Suzanne domestic abuse storyline was circa 2010 - hard to believe it was that long ago!

I don't know where the 2010's have gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

We'll be in 2020 next year - the start of a new decade!

It's hard to have any sympathy for that gobsh*te Lee.

He's not the most likeable, smug. Darragh is a decent oul skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm already sick of 'micro tours'.

• Advertisement

Phoebe is a nice innocent kid. Her asking out Aaron reminded me of what we were like 25-30 years ago when asking someone out!! Teens today seem much more clued in and sophisticated, so kinda nice to see someone not so in control. Unfortunately yer man isn't too into her, his loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

He's not the most likeable, smug.

A flake of the highest order. Despicable. His character being whacked for non payment of loan would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Pretty good depiction of the gamblers private nightmare there with Lee. Found it very edgy with the lads laughing snd joking about their lost tenners while Lee is staring into the abyss.

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Pretty good depiction of the gamblers private nightmare there with Lee. Found it very edgy with the lads laughing snd joking about their lost tenners while Lee is staring into the abyss.

I'm still waiting for my dark depression story line with Lee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

And he wouldn't do a day's work in a fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

One of the most annoying characters in the show. Hasn't ever had a good storyline

Ah no I love christanio

Yeah, Lee's a gobsh*te. All these hair-brained, get rich quick investment schemes have not worked out for him , unsurprisingly. He needs to cop on to himself and get a normal job.

I like Darragh. He had a bad feeling about getting the loan but was railroaded by Lee.

Thank you!! I get awful pedantic about cousins too, ever since I had a thoroughbred ex racehorse and worked out he was a second cousin to Saddlers Wells (that probably means FA to anyone now!). My cousin's kid is a funny little guy I get on with like a house on fire but I still introduce him like "This is my first cousin once removed"!

Another thing I can't bear is when the writers forget that people are related to each other.

Years ago, according to my mum, Damian's first appearance was as Frank the painter's nephew. At the time - by her account - Rita Doyle was having the shop renovated and Frank was doing the work. One day he turned up with Damian. Rita asked. ''Who is your helper?'' or something to that effect, and he said, '' This is Damian; the sister's young fella.''

What gets to my mum to this day is the fact that when Damian's family was introduced the writers had forgotten that Frank was supposed to be Tess's brother and was referred to as a ''friend'' from then on. Even now it still annoys her! :D

Another thing I can't bear is when the writers forget that people are related to each other.

Years ago, according to my mum, Damian's first appearance was as Frank the painter's nephew. At the time - by her account - Rita Doyle was having the shop renovated and Frank was doing the work. One day he turned up with Damian. Rita asked. ''Who is your helper?'' or something to that effect, and he said, '' This is Damian; the sister's young fella.''

What gets to my mum to this day is the fact that when Damian's family was introduced the writers had forgotten that Frank was supposed to be Tess's brother and was referred to as a ''friend'' from then on. Even now it still annoys her! :D

Was Frank, Jessica's dad, Dolly's man, is that why she is close to Damo?

• Advertisement

lulu1 wrote: »
    Ah no I love christanio

I used to like Cristiano, but since he got together with Will he's become unbearable.

When he arrived in Carrigstown and made friends with Kerri-Ann he was grand. He even gave some okay advice to her and to Kevin, when Kevin was questioning his sexuality, but now he's become this terrible OTT stereotype.

They've made him as thick as two short planks and about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Not to mention childish and unable to resist meddling in other people's lives, and organising surprise outings with Will even though he knows blooming well that Will has to work. Then going all pouty and sad faced over some random work related thing that Will didn't bother to tell him. He's really driving me mad! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement