Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Another thing I can't bear is when the writers forget that people are related to each other.

Years ago, according to my mum, Damian's first appearance was as Frank the painter's nephew. At the time - by her account - Rita Doyle was having the shop renovated and Frank was doing the work. One day he turned up with Damian. Rita asked. ''Who is your helper?'' or something to that effect, and he said, '' This is Damian; the sister's young fella.''

What gets to my mum to this day is the fact that when Damian's family was introduced the writers had forgotten that Frank was supposed to be Tess's brother and was referred to as a ''friend'' from then on. Even now it still annoys her! :D

I remember Bela was mistrustful of Frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Frank, Jessica's dad, Dolly's man, is that why she is close to Damo?

Yeah, that's him. And they've probably remembered that Damo is Frank's nephew but haven't corrected their mistake.

branie2 wrote: »
    I remember Bela was mistrustful of Frank.

I think it was because Frank had an eye for the ladies and Rita was always praising him. That was well before the Dolly affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Whoah...... I started watching around the time Damo's Da murdered his Ma. I didn't realise that Jessica was Frank's. Did Harry Molloy know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

threetrees wrote: »
    Whoah...... I started watching around the time Damo's Da murdered his Ma. I didn't realise that Jessica was Frank's. Did Harry Molloy know?

Ya he knew but raised her as his own. I don’t think Delores allowed Frank access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya he knew but raised her as his own. I don’t think Delores allowed Frank access.

Just to the baby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sunday 11th
    Darragh and Lee clash over coming clean about their massive debt. With only hours to go until her first walking tour, Orla's hit with a potentially disastrous problem. Pete's leadership style fails to win him any admirers, and Cristiano's attempts to cover for Phoebe backfire.
    Tuesday 13th
    Carol demands Lee pay her back, but is stunned to discover that he is also in debt. Cristiano regrets conspiring with Phoebe when he realises it has driven her and Will apart.
    Wednesday 14th
    Lee finds out the hard way how dangerous a situation he is in. Meanwhile, Erica grows impatient with Darragh, and Aidan sets his sights on Hayley.
    Thursday 15th
    Despite trying to defend Lee, Hayley only makes his situation worse. Fiona hatches a plan to get closer to Paul, as Erica fears Darragh is trying to pull away from her. Dearbhla tests the patience of her friends.

I love the Anto-Pete scenes. Dolly should have told Pete to be part of the committee to build bridges with Hughie and Anto!!

Remember Anto calling him Compo Pete? I still love that. I hope Anto has more reminiscing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I do like Anto and Sharon but not the kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Trying to turn Anto into a comedian - just doesn't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Hughie back, not a bother on him. Things move on very quicky !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Sunday 11th
    Darragh and Lee clash over coming clean about their massive debt. With only hours to go until her first walking tour, Orla's hit with a potentially disastrous problem. Pete's leadership style fails to win him any admirers, and Cristiano's attempts to cover for Phoebe backfire.
    Tuesday 13th
    Carol demands Lee pay her back, but is stunned to discover that he is also in debt. Cristiano regrets conspiring with Phoebe when he realises it has driven her and Will apart.
    Wednesday 14th
    Lee finds out the hard way how dangerous a situation he is in. Meanwhile, Erica grows impatient with Darragh, and Aidan sets his sights on Hayley.
    Thursday 15th
    Despite trying to defend Lee, Hayley only makes his situation worse. Fiona hatches a plan to get closer to Paul, as Erica fears Darragh is trying to pull away from her. Dearbhla tests the patience of her friends.
    Thank goodness for this thread. Will keep up on here.

Eoghan the fully insured fully qualified tour guide...

Carol sells Lee's debt to her to Aidan who likes Hayley, indecent proposal?

Did any of the Collins not meet Aidan before when he was with Cathal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The money lender coming into The Station and intimidates your man into paying even though the payment wasn't due until till Wednesday.. :rolleyes:

Darragh has a huge Ass, looks like a Kardashian Ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Eoghan the fully insured fully qualified tour guide...

Another dumb dumb DUMB storyline. What happened to the misery around junior?
    The festival committee is laughable.
    Will christiano and the daugher, also painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

Anybody notice the scene with Phoebe near the start? Deffo a wardrobe error.

Anyone know where Carols orange top is from?

Is Lee at least drawing the dole?

Is Lee at least drawing the dole?

I'm very lost with his character.
    He appears to just do these investments/sales/deals/etc. However he never really seems to work at them but he does have money for the house fund, clothes and lots of food/drinks out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 flower girl 101

I've missed a couple of episodes, has Jackie even been mentioned since she ran away, does anyone know where she is gone to?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

I've missed a couple of episodes, has Jackie even been mentioned since she ran away, does anyone know where she is gone to?

Jackie has not been mentioned recently. Last we heard was several weeks back when Doug went to see her. Apparently she's in Dublin somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 flower girl 101

Thanks, Well at least she got a final mention

I'm very lost with his character.
    He appears to just do these investments/sales/deals/etc. However he never really seems to work at them but he does have money for the house fund, clothes and lots of food/drinks out.

Lee helped Bela with his mobile phone and Charlie with IT (computer)

By the way guys.
    Will any of ye invest in my new walking tours of Dublin business?
    We'll slightly under cut the opposition and we'll be making €1000's in a few weeks.

By the way guys.
    Will any of ye invest in my new walking tours of Dublin business?
    We'll slightly under cut the opposition and we'll be making €1000's in a few weeks.

Who cooks the coddle :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Every time I see Lee and Darragh together I think of this pair

laurel-and-hardy.jpg?w968h681

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

They bid farewell to Robbie but not Charlie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Anto doing the chicken impression - I can't believe that made it to television!

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    Anto doing the chicken impression - I can't believe that made it to television!

And Saoirse Ronan is probably squirming!

Will is annoying me now, he's an emotional bully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

threetrees wrote: »
    Will is annoying me now, he's an emotional bully.

If any of the 2 of them, Will and Cristiano, it might be Cristiano who would get through to Wills camogie party daughter better. Will might do well to try a bit of reverse psychology on her, say how fantastic he thinks her alcoholic boyfriend is - if your father thinks he's fab then he's got to be a dope - right?

Could they just chop the whole town fun day or whatever its for committee and come up with a half exciting storyline to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Will is a prick. Chris deserves someone waaaay better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Will is a prick. Chris deserves someone waaaay better.

It looks like a domestic abuse storyline for those two. Cristiano can do no right for Will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

They really are trying to hype up this storyline, and so far its just another weak effort. TERROR in Carrigstown. Dun Dun Duuuunnn

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0814/1068705-terror-in-fair-city-as-lee-comes-up-short/

Did Robbie already give Aidan a battering?

• Advertisement

Anyone know where Carols orange top is from?

Probably from the RTE wardrobe department

I like the drink and snacks they are having at the party.

Omg what the f*ck is Fiona wearing? State of her.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

WTF is Fiona wearing. :eek:

Lol at the big pink bow scarf around Fiona's neck. She looks like some class of pierrot in that outfit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

For a lad hard up for money, he spends the whole day going from the Pig, to McCoys, to the Station, to the Bistro

Have the writers forgotten that Dearbhla and Sean were an item back in the days when Dearbhla was almost a foot shorter, had a different head and a sunnier disposition? From the way that Tessa was going on, it's as though she's trying to get a couple together who only shared a passing acquaintance.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Lol at the big pink bow scarf around Fiona's neck. She looks like some class of pierrot in that outfit!
    Yes that gave me a good laugh it was hilarious :)

Is Tessa really that small?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I think Brows Dillon must also be very tall, she seems taller than a lot of the actors in her scenes. I'm 5'2" and I get neck strain looking up at my hubby and the lads at work. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

She's tiny compared to Sean and Eyebrows Dillon.

The boarding school storyline starts tomorrow

Today actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think Brows Dillon must also be very tall, she seems taller than a lot of the actors in her scenes. I'm 5'2" and I get neck strain looking up at my hubby and the lads at work. :D

I believe Dearbhla is 5ft 11

Tessa seems to be the smallest of the younger actresses, maybe your height

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Strazdas wrote: »
    I believe Dearbhla is 5ft 11

Tessa seems to be the smallest of the younger actresses, maybe your height

According to IMDB Mary Lou McCarthy who plays Tessa is 5'2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement