Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Strazdas wrote: »
    Tessa seems to be the smallest of the younger actresses, maybe your height

And possibly the most bland of them too which is probably an achievement in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This debt collecter fella adds a bit of life to it, hope this story runs for a bit.

No talk of Charlie at all, surely they will have an exit storyline for the character?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I hope Tessa is planning on recycling all those cans from the party - looked like she was tossing everything into the same black bag. I thought she was supposed to be an eco warrior.

Erica is a clingy headwreck, Darragh should be running for the hills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sunday 18th
    Darragh tells Erica he needs some time out. Hayley has a plan to get Darragh and Erica back together, and a mystery biker throws a brick through the Collins' window.
    Tuesday 20th
    When Aidan turns the tables on Sharon, she demands to meet his boss - and is shocked to discover it is someone from her own past. Nora and Carol clash over the Collins family.
    Wednesday 21st
    Will's attempt to paint Damien as a cheat backfires, and Cristiano is called away to help a friend in Madrid. Meanwhile, Mairead insists on getting a separation agreement.
    Thursday 22nd
    Aaron suggests that Phoebe should stay over when his parents are away - but she is daunted by the idea. Will reels in anger from the contents of a solicitor's letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Ma Collins is a selfish feckin' eejit! All this debt drama had its roots with her and her desire to get her paws on Bela's house by hook or by crook.

What sort of parent would expect their adult kids - who should be independent and living their own lives - to live in their new gaff with them (or in Hayley's case, move in) just so as that they can raise the cash by any and all means necessary, in order to meet the mortgage repayments?

And it's not as if Bela's place is anything special (''dream house'' - my a*se). If Ma and Da Collins couldn't afford it on their own incomes, then they should have forgotten about it and looked for a place within their budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 flower girl 101

Haha Sean pulls a Sickie from work, then goes drinking where he was supposed to be working

Fiona really is the wicked witch of the East, manipulating poor Ruth like that so she can get her out of the way and head on 5star breaks and eat a few Michelin dinners. I really hope her plot fails miserably, Ruth is such a little cutie and one of the best actors on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Sunday 18th
    Darragh tells Erica he needs some time out. Hayley has a plan to get Darragh and Erica back together, and a mystery biker throws a brick through the Collins' window.
    Tuesday 20th
    When Aidan turns the tables on Sharon, she demands to meet his boss - and is shocked to discover it is someone from her own past. Nora and Carol clash over the Collins family.
    Wednesday 21st
    Will's attempt to paint Damien as a cheat backfires, and Cristiano is called away to help a friend in Madrid. Meanwhile, Mairead insists on getting a separation agreement.
    Thursday 22nd
    Aaron suggests that Phoebe should stay over when his parents are away - but she is daunted by the idea. Will reels in anger from the contents of a solicitor's letter.

Cheers FP, that sounds good.
    The Collins house buying story is daft. 2 parents with full time jobs, one of them in the Public service expect their adult children to help them save a deposit :confused:
    How are they supposed to lead their own lives. Darragh meets Erica, gets engaged within weeks and with no prospects. Most couples who decide to make a life together start saving but no poor Darragh has to hand his entire wages over to his Mammy. Stupid storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

branie2 wrote: »
    The boarding school storyline starts tomorrow

Good I hope Tessa will fit in :p

jos28 wrote: »
    Cheers FP, that sounds good.
    The Collins house buying story is daft. 2 parents with full time jobs, one of them in the Public service expect their adult children to help them save a deposit :confused:
    How are they supposed to lead their own lives. Darragh meets Erica, gets engaged within weeks and with no prospects. Most couples who decide to make a life together start saving but no poor Darragh has to hand his entire wages over to his Mammy. Stupid storyline.

It's just so confusing.
    They bank would want to see consistent saving over a period not just people making random lodgements since February.
    It's just a terrible story you'd swear they were living in the area for years with the attachment Sharon has to the area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

It's just so confusing.
    They bank would want to see consistent saving over a period not just people making random lodgements since February.
    It's just a terrible story you'd swear they were living in the area for years with the attachment Sharon has to the area!

And is Erica expecting to move in with them all after the wedding? Sharing a room with her husband to be and Lee? The kind of thing an engaged couple might talk about. Maybe they have actually but the two of them are so dull and devoid of any chemistry that I tend to drift off when they're on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Ma Collins is a selfish feckin' eejit! All this debt drama had its roots with her and her desire to get her paws on Bela's house by hook or by crook.

What sort of parent would expect their adult kids - who should be independent and living their own lives - to live in their new gaff with them (or in Hayley's case, move in) just so as that they can raise the cash by any and all means necessary, in order to meet the mortgage repayments?

And it's not as if Bela's place is anything special (''dream house'' - my a*se). If Ma and Da Collins couldn't afford it on their own incomes, then they should have forgotten about it and looked for a place within their budget!

Back when Fair city started up, my friend and I used to call it Corporation Street.
    How come there are no Corporation (Council/Social housing) houses in Carrickstown ?

Would the Collins' have lived in Social housing in Darndale and if so why didn't they look for a transfer.

This wanting to buy a house at this stage in their life when they have their family reared seems a mad idea.

Whatever about Hayley being independent and doing something with her life, the two brothers are being mollycoddled by the mother....some Tuesday nights I think I can see the actual 'apron strings'

Another observation but I may be wrong.
    How many bedrooms has Bella's house?
    I got the impression upstairs there was Sharon's and Anto room, Lee's room and Darragh's room.(The lads always sement to have gone upstairs when they were going to bed/etc.)
    So when Hayley moved back in the lads had to share.

However hadn't they the room down stairs converted for Rita?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I thought Tessa was sitting down or something, the height difference between herself and Dearbhla is huge.

OMG Fiona's huge pink bow, it was hilarious!

She's a great manipulator, this boarding school story really paints her as the wicked stepmother.

• Advertisement

Victoria Smurfit wants to play Mondo's mother, mmmmm wasn't that Angela O'Connell who died suddenly?

Someone should tell her!

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4441570/victoria-smurfit-rte-fair-city-role-mondo-mother/

threetrees wrote: »
    Victoria Smurfit wants to play Mondo's mother, mmmmm wasn't that Angela O'Connell who died suddenly?

Someone should tell her!

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4441570/victoria-smurfit-rte-fair-city-role-mondo-mother/

I saw that yesterday actually and thought to myself- if she was a proper fan (like ourselves on this thread) or had done any bit of research before she opened her gob she'd have known Mondo's poor Mam died a while back.
    Besides Ray & Victoria Smurfit as a couple...Ray prefers more down to earth honest to God type women. She'd be more Louis Gleeson's type.

threetrees wrote: »

Someone should tell her!

I think she could play one of Fiona's friends from boarding school!

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    I saw that yesterday actually and thought to myself- if she was a proper fan (like ourselves on this thread) or had done any bit of research before she opened her gob she'd have known Mondo's poor Mam died a while back.
    Besides Ray & Victoria Smurfit as a couple...Ray prefers more down to earth honest to God type women. She'd be more Louis Gleeson's type.
    Yes, I actually thought Victoria Smurfit was in it previously as Louie Gleesons wife but a search tells me that was Vivienne Connolly.

Perhaps Victoria and Vivienne could both be Fiona's boarding school besties.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Will someone please tell Lee to stop sticking his tongue into his lower lip when he's trying to show emotion. He does whether he's thinking,worried or crying

Also why was streetwise Caddle handing Lee two grand without knowing jack **** about what his "investment" was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Another observation but I may be wrong.
    How many bedrooms has Bella's house?
    I got the impression upstairs there was Sharon's and Anto room, Lee's room and Darragh's room.(The lads always sement to have gone upstairs when they were going to bed/etc.)
    So when Hayley moved back in the lads had to share.

However hadn't they the room down stairs converted for Rita?

Ah yes, I remember the room with Rita and the bell.
    Where did that disappear to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Will someone please tell Lee to stop sticking his tongue into his lower lip when he's trying to show emotion. He does whether he's thinking,worried or crying

Also why was streetwise Caddle handing Lee two grand without knowing jack **** about what his "investment" was

If Carol was so worried about Lee she should’ve given him the cash to pay off the debt and have him pay her back over time.

At least he went out and got a job as a milkman. Better late than never

I think Brows Dillon must also be very tall, she seems taller than a lot of the actors in her scenes. I'm 5'2" and I get neck strain looking up at my hubby and the lads at work. :D

The actress who plays Dearbhla Brows Dillon is a model, she has a spread in the latest Stellar magazine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The actress who plays Dearbhla Brows Dillon is a model, she has a spread in the latest Stellar magazine

I find her quite attractive btw. I'm no fan of the brows, but overall she has a lot going for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I dunno but I think Brows Dillon looks like she's carrying too much weight.

I dunno but I think Brows Dillon looks like she's carrying too much weight.

Dearbhla? She's tall and slim in my book

Dearbhla? She's tall and slim in my book

Yeah she is tall and slim, I don't mean Fat, I mean she's hunched over as if she's carrying weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I think Dearbhla (new actress) is good looking, if she sorted out those eyebrows very fine!

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I think Dearbhla (new actress) is good looking, if she sorted out those eyebrows very fine!

Indeed, she's one of the best looking women on the show, I find her very attractive. Ditch the eyebrows though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Haven't seen you post for ages. Welcome back.

• Advertisement

Isn't natural heavy brows in ala Cara D

I hate the fake drawn on Love Island/GS/Towie brows

We've a new arrival on Tuesday night. Tina kellegher will play Ger Lynch
    Sharon's long list sister.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4452391/snapper-star-tina-kellegher-fair-city/

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4452391/snapper-star-tina-kellegher-fair-city/

Connected to Aiden?

I can see Sharon Curley and Sharon Collins as sisters

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Isn't natural heavy brows in ala Cara D

I hate the fake drawn on Love Island/GS/Towie brows

Yes, artificial ones are not nice.

As for Dearbhla, she's clearly very comfortable with her image so good luck to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Thank you! Hope you're keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Thank you! Hope you're keeping well.
    Dont really watch fair city all the time these days. But the thread is a great way to keep up. So glad you are back posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GeneKranz

Interesting, as both have played Sharon Curley/Rabbite. Tina in The Snapper and Neili in The Van.

That brick is a great actor - I loved him in Fr Ted! :D

• Advertisement

Can we bin off Tessa and get Ciaran back?

But, seriously, Tessa is one dreary, colourless, boring character. I wish she'd stayed missing and continued saving the bleeding whales/rain forest/polar bears or whatever other tree hugging activity she was doing. At least Ciaran was a bit of craic back in the ''Katy in a Box'' days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

But, seriously, Tessa is one dreary, colourless, boring character. I wish she'd stayed missing and continued saving the bleeding whales/rain forest/polar bears or whatever other tree hugging activity she was doing. At least Ciaran was a bit of craic back in the ''Katy in a Box'' days.

I just came on to post that. Tessa must be the most boring character ever to appear in FC, and that's saying something. I've had more fun watching my toe nails grow that watching her.

jesus you would feel bad enough after a night on the beer without a preachy little hobbit shouting in the letterbox first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I find her quite attractive btw. I'm no fan of the brows, but overall she has a lot going for her.

I think the wardrobe department don’t do her any favours at all. It’s like they had clothes for a tall man so they just use them for her.

Oh God, yes to that MsWesterosi!

Thing is, all these Eco Warriors are like robots, they all seem to be reading from the same script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Tessa is seriously clingy, she only started talking to Caoimhe a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Oh God, yes to that MsWesterosi!

Thing is, all these Eco Warriors are like robots, they all seem to be reading from the same script.

Melanie is almost as bad sometimes. Now, call me old fashioned, but when I sit down to watch a soap I like to be entertained, not bored out of my skull and left with the feeling that the soap is being used as a means by which TPTB are attempting to push a particular social/political message (or maybe I'm just paranoid). These days too many storylines in soaps - whether it's FC or one of the others (Emmerdale has become particularly issue driven in some instances) revolve around a fictionalised version of a topical event or situation. Like Tessa and her environmentalism, Melanie with her ''it's because we're Armenian/''I'm a single mother, but I'm no charity case - I'm proud and decent''/ ''we need to stop the rezoning'' etc, etc etc) to Pete with his ''it's chairperson; not chairman'', to Dearbhla and her feminism; the entertainment value of soaps is being replaced by a preachy, smug political correctness.

Sometimes, they even shoehorn characters into scenarios that are completely out of character for the sake of pushing some ''woke'' BS storyline. Then again, this is just my opinion. I much prefer the character driven stories which are usually entertaining, no matter how outlandish. The American soaps might be crazy as feck, but at least they make no secret of the fact that they're meant to be a bit of craic. If I want to listen to a debate on climate change (which I don't) I'll watch Prime Time. I don't want to hear it from Tedious Tessa on Fair City.

Sorry lads if that turned out to be a bit of a rant, but it's one thing that annoys the t**s off me! :D

Sorry lads if that turned out to be a bit of a rant, but it's one thing that annoys the t**s off me! :D

Ha! Love your rants and observations, MsWesterosi, although I got to give credit to your Ma also... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

it was ok'ish tonight. - the brick didnt look real enough, and if I were writing that , i would have had the brick struck the back of Erica, knock her out cold .. then to hospital , then her slip away whilst Darragh holding her hand knowing that the last thing he said to her was that they should split :)

it werent shocky enough!

be fascinating to see how the loan shark will act when he gets torn off a strip by the collin's mum ... anto may as well stay at home the wet wipe!

I see George McMahon got married by Keith Duffy it seems, (or was that just for photos? Can't imagine KD is an official registrar in Spain!). They looked so happy, George and his wife, not George and Keith....

That'd be a good FC story actually, Ringo marries Mondo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

it was ok'ish tonight. - the brick didnt look real enough, and if I were writing that , i would have had the brick struck the back of Erica, knock her out cold .. then to hospital , then her slip away whilst Darragh holding her hand knowing that the last thing he said to her was that they should split :)

it werent shocky enough!

be fascinating to see how the loan shark will act when he gets torn off a strip by the collin's mum ... anto may as well stay at home the wet wipe!

I wonder is it the same brick that Emmett was using when he was under Dr oklys spell. They are getting fair mileage out of that brick.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement