Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Sharon had to pay 10k (max) to this gangster lady which ruins their chances of having the deposit ready in a few weeks.

According to last night’s episode the deposit is 70k and the Collins now have 25k saved.

So... before paying the 10k they had HALF of the required deposit but were “almost there”.

Someone better run over Sharon’s figures before they allow her to decide they’d be loaded in Roscommon and up sticks to the countryside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Sharon had to pay 10k (max) to this gangster lady which ruins their chances of having the deposit ready in a few weeks.

According to last night’s episode the deposit is 70k and the Collins now have 25k saved.

So... before paying the 10k they had HALF of the required deposit but were “almost there”.

Someone better run over Sharon’s figures before they allow her to decide they’d be loaded in Roscommon and up sticks to the countryside

They also said mortgage approval was going to run out, but how do you get a mortgage without the deposit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

He's probably gone ''to Brazil'' (shouldn't it be Chile? That's where he and Jake are supposed to be from; or did the writers eff up again? The actor is Brazilian, I think - not Chilean like the character) because the actor is due a break, and the writers weren't imaginative enough to think up another reason for his absence - he has had a lot of screen time recently.

And while he's away, Will will probably sleep with Mairead....

Maybe his brother moved from Chile to Brazil. Like an Irish born guy living and working in the UK. That surely would be plausible?

I don't think Mairead is going to sleep with Will in a hurry though but could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

He's probably gone ''to Brazil'' (shouldn't it be Chile? That's where he and Jake are supposed to be from; or did the writers eff up again? The actor is Brazilian, I think - not Chilean like the character) because the actor is due a break, and the writers weren't imaginative enough to think up another reason for his absence - he has had a lot of screen time recently.

And while he's away, Will will probably sleep with Mairead....

No Brazil. Will told Damian's sister in the Community Centre that he is gone to Chile because Jake is acting up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Sharon had to pay 10k ...

I was watching completely different , or absorbed it different . she gave Aidan 6 grand , he said 'the boss wants 10' her and anto said 'no way we are paying 10 .. Its 6 or nothing. I want to meet your boss' Sharon meets boss in office, gives 6 grand and the boss wants Sharon's engagement ring with the 6 grand (although later Sharon tells her family she had to put another grand to that 6grand to get them off their back once and for all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,987 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No Brazil. Will told Damian's sister in the Community Centre that he is gone to Chile because Jake is acting up

Who is running Brewsers, Alex?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GeneKranz

Did anyone else notice that the picture frame in the Collins' house with the collage of photos and the word ''family'' embossed on it, is the exact same type of frame as the one that Eileen Grimshaw in Corrie has on her wall?

Sharon probably bought hers in Dealz, while Eileen went to Poundland for her own, because they're both so classy and sophisticated in their tastes. :P
    I have one. They're from The Range

always strange when you first see a Character who does not normally smoke on screen light up a fag. I have never seen Sharon smoke a fag in FC but last night she lit up one in the kitchen.

now , IRL the rest of the rabble family would have come into the kitchen and went ' I can smell cigarette smoke ... and then Anto as he went to bend down to kiss his wife would go ' Have you been smoking?' - but no-one said anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We are due to see some familiar faces returning in September for their 30th Birthday!

We are due to see some familiar faces returning in September for their 30th Birthday!

.. not Niamh though - Cleclia was on the last word the other day on TodayFM ... loved being in fair city but didnt want to be typecast as Niamh for the rest of her life and wanted to get on with other projects

• Advertisement

Who could they be?

The Doyle kids, Tracey, Leo's kids, Louis, Cathal, The Bishops, Oisin, Cleo, Robert, Barry, Dermot, Niamh, Seamus, Bernie and Heather

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who could they be?

The Doyle kids, Tracey, Leo's kids, Louis, Cathal, The Bishops, Oisin, Cleo, Robert, Barry, Dermot, Niamh, Seamus, Bernie and Heather

They'd probably bring back Nicola!

When Robbie is written out. They could bring back Ali and Lorcan.

They'd probably bring back Nicola!

When Robbie is written out. They could bring back Ali and Lorcan.

I always thought Yvonne would return with little Robbie Jnr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

.. not Niamh though - Cleclia was on the last word the other day on TodayFM ... loved being in fair city but didnt want to be typecast as Niamh for the rest of her life and wanted to get on with other projects

She will always be Niamh to me. Sometimes these actors fear being typecast and want to pursue other projects, but then are never seen again. They give up a steady well paid income to move to a perilous world where work can be very infrequent and there can be long stretches of unemployment. Only a few make it big outside the soap world and not many Irish. The only Irish actor that comes to mind is Gabriel Byrne. Of the Brit soaps Suranne Jones and Sarah Lancashire were successful post soap. There are probably others who I cant think of now

Niamh's exit was the strangest exit I ever saw for a long standing charter.
    She just headed off and barely even said goodbye to anybody.

Niamh's exit was the strangest exit I ever saw for a long standing charter.
    She just headed off and barely even said goodbye to anybody.

The fact she never took or fought for Ruth after the epic "plan" was stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

She will always be Niamh to me. Sometimes these actors fear being typecast and want to pursue other projects, but then are never seen again. They give up a steady well paid income to move to a perilous world where work can be very infrequent and there can be long stretches of unemployment. Only a few make it big outside the soap world and not many Irish. The only Irish actor that comes to mind is Gabriel Byrne. Of the Brit soaps Suranne Jones and Sarah Lancashire were successful post soap. There are probably others who I cant think of now

Katherine Kelly and Michelle Keegan another two ex Corrie actors who made good. Can’t think of any more atm,

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Katherine Kelly and Michelle Keegan another two ex Corrie actors who made good. Can’t think of any more atm,

Suanne Jones!

I was watching completely different , or absorbed it different . she gave Aidan 6 grand , he said 'the boss wants 10' her and anto said 'no way we are paying 10 .. Its 6 or nothing. I want to meet your boss' Sharon meets boss in office, gives 6 grand and the boss wants Sharon's engagement ring with the 6 grand (although later Sharon tells her family she had to put another grand to that 6grand to get them off their back once and for all)

Yeah, I wasn’t sure how much, that’s why I said 10 max. Was giving 6 to Aidan but he wanted 10. She said for 10 she’d want to see the boss.

Anyway, main point was they’d saved only half a deposit at best. I supppse saving 35k in that time is good considering Lee didn’t work at all and they eat out every meal.

Ridiculous reason to leave after so many years in the soap. I wish her all the best though.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous reason to leave after so many years in the soap. I wish her all the best though.

Part of me questioned her exit. It was very abrupt and I wonder was there some issue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

That had me confused too. I think the same writer that did Dermot's plan sum also did Sharon's sums. I remember saying that NASA couldn't have added 'The Plan' money. It ruins the storyline when they can't even get the basic facts right.

wonder of dermot fahey could make an appearance for the 30th ?

Christy cant , nor mags or charlie now. The lady that run mccoys? - her husband who run the shelter?

dont think dermot fahey's mrs will - shes on the other side of camera now, Ben could.

um, Tommies Dr Mrs - or maybe the taxi fella owens mrs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

wonder of dermot fahey could make an appearance for the 30th ?

Christy cant , nor mags or charlie now. The lady that run mccoys? - her husband who run the shelter?

dont think dermot fahey's mrs will - shes on the other side of camera now, Ben could.

um, Tommies Dr Mrs - or maybe the taxi fella owens mrs?

Barry? He should be due out of jail soon?

Barry? He should be due out of jail soon?

did he not die in the fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Pretty sure he didn't. Wasn't that Annette?

Pretty sure he didn't. Wasn't that Annette?

could be - i was watching it on and off at that time

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The actress that played Niamh left it a bit late to leave the show if she feared being typecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

I thought Paul was supposed to be smart. Doesn't he know when he's being played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No he was sent to prision for manslaughter.

Part of me questioned her exit. It was very abrupt and I wonder was there some issue there.

I reckon there was a bust up behind the scenes, there's no way Niamhs character would have left Ruth behind for some fella she barely knew longer than 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I reckon there was a bust up behind the scenes, there's no way Niamhs character would have left Ruth behind for some fella she barely knew longer than 5 mins.
    Ruth is not her child.

Ruth is not her child.

who's child is she?

who's child is she?

Yvonne's!

Yvonne's!

ah right thanks , no i really thought she was niamh's too

• Advertisement

Ruth is not her child.

I know that but she was going crazy a few weeks beforehand when Paul was trying to limit her access to Ruth and next thing she just ups and leaves.

It doesn't make sense.

Ruth is not her child.

Not biologically but Ruth sees Niamh as her mother since Yvonne gave her up and she adopted her from birth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ruth is not her child.

Ruth IS her child. Niamh adopted Ruth, ergo Ruth is Niamh’s daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Is Will suffering from amnesia? There he is, blaming Damo for ''hijacking'' his family, when he was the one who was cheating on Mairead with Cristiano and leading a double life for nearly a year.

He's lucky Mairead and Phoebe are speaking to him at all - in the real world they wouldn't give him the time of day; let alone maintain this civil, slighlty weird relationship with him and Cristiano. In reality, no one would be interested in making nice with ex hubby and the person they left them for. And a real life Phoebe, who always believed her family to be stable, would be in bits, once the deception came to light, and more than likely be in need of counselling.

This whole storyline is pure BS.

Lee is such an ungrateful leech, and Haley isn't much better playing Mondo like that.

• Advertisement

Is Will suffering from amnesia? There he is, blaming Damo for ''hijacking'' his family, when he was the one who was cheating on Mairead with Cristiano and leading a double life for nearly a year.

He's lucky Mairead and Phoebe are speaking to him at all - in the real world they wouldn't give him the time of day; let alone maintain this civil, slighlty weird relationship with him and Cristiano. In reality, no one would be interested in making nice with ex hubby and the person they left them for. And a real life Phoebe, who always believed her family to be stable, would be in bits, once the deception came to light, and more than likely be in need of counselling.

This whole storyline is pure BS.

Mairead even moved up from Cashel so her and Phoebe are near Will

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mairead even moved up from Cashel so her and Phoebe are near Will

That was so unrealistic. There's no way you'd re-locate to be near your ex who had been cheating on you and living a double life for so long. You'd arrange visits for Phoebe, but that'd be it. A revelation like that should have knocked her for six and put her off relationships for a while due to trust issues, but, no; she started going out with Damian in a relatively short space of time.

I don't believe that Will ever intended to settle down with Cristiano - he just liked the thrill of the affair and having the wife and kid at home at the same time, and so flipped between the two. Now that he's settled with Cristiano, he's become all resentful and snappy, because his life with Cristiano has become as humdrum as his marriage was. He's the type who'll never be satisfied, and just wants the forbidden; but once it becomes available, he no longer wants it. Mairead should never go back to him, and Cristiano should kick his a**e to the kerb too, both of them deserve better.

after months and month of Orla’s snot covered red face in and out of hospital with Junior who was on deaths door , keening and wailing like a demented banshee, pressurizing Sash into surrogacy and sending her into exile in Munich (?) for 9 months , you’d think she’d be at home with Junior as he waits for his bone marrow treatment . Surely Junior is still at deaths door ? How come shes setting up a stupid “walking tour of Carrigstown” business and holding up the bar most days? Where is her son ?

These story lines are pathetic and the writers are taking the piss. Do they think we’re all sitting at home thinking “ah sure that’s grand, Junior must be home alone and fully recovered” and no mention of any imminent baby anymore ?
    FFS it’s drivel !

And while I’m at it if I was Cristisno I’d slap Will hard next time I saw him!! He’s one hell of a cnut , he can’t have it every way ! And no woman would move herself and her child to a different part of the country or order to be close to her ex and his new boyfriend ! Do these writers live in the real world ?

after months and month of Orla’s snot covered red face in and out of hospital with Junior who was on deaths door , keening and wailing like a demented banshee, pressurizing Sash into surrogacy and sending her into exile in Munich (?) for 9 months , you’d think she’d be at home with Junior as he waits for his bone marrow treatment . Surely Junior is still at deaths door ? How come shes setting up a stupid “walking tour of Carrigstown” business and holding up the bar most days? Where is her son ?

These story lines are pathetic and the writers are taking the piss. Do they think we’re all sitting at home thinking “ah sure that’s grand, Junior must be home alone and fully recovered” and no mention of any imminent baby anymore ?
    FFS it’s drivel !

And while I’m at it if I was Cristisno I’d slap Will hard next time I saw him!! He’s one hell of a cnut , he can’t have it every way ! And no woman would move herself and her child to a different part of the country or order to be close to her ex and his new boyfriend ! Do these writers live in the real world ?

Fair City writers are the sort of people who have good - maybe even great, sometimes - ideas but have no notion of how to implement those ideas in a convincing way. It's like when you're a child and you have a project to do. The expectation of what it'll look like once it's done, and the actual reality are two very different things, and you usually need your dad to give a hand (or, in my case, do the whole feckin' thing from scratch, because of the mess and the waste of all that paper, elastic bands and glittery stuff :P)

Anyway, to the walking tours; the whole concept of ''walking tours in Carrigstown'' doesn't seem all that profitable, unless the walkers are inordinately nosy sorts who love hearing all the gory details about the lives of complete strangers. As we know, Carrigstown didn't exist until 1989, so no real history there. They need Paul as tour guide - he's there since the beginning. Imagine him going about with his group: ''And right here, where the Collins' family is currently living, the legend that was Rita Doyle rang her bell for the last time'' and then, ''ah, here we have Vinos - my restaurant, which, in a previous incarnation was known as Fusion and owned by Ken Fahy, the late brother of Dermot Fahy - you know, Dermot, that lad who was jailed without trial for stealing from me as part of my ex wife's twisted revenge Plan. In a minute I can show the my house, where Niamh, my ex, told me that her toyboy, Michael, who was later killed by a reception desk, had lit her up like a Christmas tree. But, you want to know about Vinos, which was formerly Fusion, which was formerly Rainbows sandwich bar. Ah, yes, Rainbows; owned by Hannah Finnegan and her granddaughter Jasmine; daughter of her long lost son, Vincent. For a while it was in direct competition with The Bistro, the restaurant of her other granddaughter, Yvonne, who is also the mother of my daughter Ruth, and the sister of my true love, Helen; both daughters of the bell ringer - that's Rita Doyle, not Quasimodo, might I remind you. Anyway, the Bistro, where my one time love rival, Mike was electrocuted, was downgraded to the Hungry Pig by Louis Gleeson - Mike's brother, now it's owned by Bob Charles, who used alchemy in order to redecorate it, as it's now three times the size that it was and no longer looks like a fast food joint. Now, moving along....''

Yeah, those walking tours would be some craic all right.

Sunday 25th
    Phoebe makes a big decision, but is hurt by Aaron's reaction, and he gets caught in the moment and kisses her. Will is not prepared to let Mairead go.
    Tuesday 27th
    No episode due to the Rose of Tralee.
    Wednesday 28th
    Tessa enlists Orla to help persuade Eoghan to take his dream job. Meanwhile, Mairead secures a promise of an amicable separation.
    Thursday 29th
    Mairead forces Will to come clean, but he manipulates Phoebe into thinking Mairead made a pass at him. When Bela gets sad news about Charlie, Tessa, Dolores and Pete rally to support Cass. Hayley helps Anto and Sharon secure the house.

Mairead and Phoebe were living in Cashel while Will lived and worked in Carriagstown, ffs wouldn't you be more inclined to move for your husband's job than wait till you split up, then move to be close to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Will wants to have his cake and eat it. What a selfish individual he is.

He came out with a "you started it" to Mairead, I really laughed, how childish, and anyway he started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

threetrees wrote: »
    Will wants to have his cake and eat it. What a selfish individual he is.

He came out with a "you started it" to Mairead, I really laughed, how childish, and anyway he started it.
    Hes disgusting !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Saw the solicitors letter to Will was addressed to him at Carrigstown, Dublin 9. which would be Drumcondra area

Any long term viewers here confirm if that Dublin 9 location has ever been revealed before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

He's a bully, manipulator, liar and possible psycho. Those eyes scare the sh*t out of me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement