Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Loved seeing Jane wake up beside Tommy with a full face of immaculate makeup. She had foundation and lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow and even fake eyelashes on. While Tommy was lying beside her also just after waking up but he was freshly shaved. Jane also had her bra on under her pj top which looked weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Tessa would want to calm down a bit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Anto and Sharon ok with Hayley and Robbie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,998 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Soup and a sandwich is good for €3.95!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Jesus is in the station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

snarlerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tommy has fair willpower, most fellas wouldn't need to be asked twice if Jane offered to cook dinner and some jiggy jiggy afterwards.

Tommy has fair willpower, most fellas wouldn't need to be asked twice if Jane offered to cook dinner and some jiggy jiggy afterwards.

Sure he,s been on her more times than he,s been off her.

bassy wrote: »

I had lots of nice cake but I wouldn't refuse another piece!

I had lots of nice cake but I wouldn't refuse another piece!

You could,nt eat a whole cake ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

bassy wrote: »

She offered her honour, he honoured her offer, and since then he's been on her and off her all night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Tommy playing hard to get...the randy divil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I thought Oisin was going to say something else when he said Jane stroked Paul's ego. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

coolhull wrote: »
    She offered her honour, he honoured her offer, and since then he's been on her and off her all night..

Oh God. I really hope I'll be able to remember this at an appropriate time. A quote lime this could make even me look clever & witty.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

When did Jane and Sean become so friendly?

Jane is horny, her and Sean could become more friendly now Tommy is not taking her offer :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I really hope Sexy Cop doesn't take the job offer in Limerick.. :(

Cass, Leo and Anto really walking around the block all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭thesultan

Carol is surely going to be cold soon. They will have to upgrade her leather skirt to leather pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

thesultan wrote: »
    Carol is surely going to be cold soon. They will have to upgrade her leather skirt to leather pants.

Hopefully that change won’t be a scene. Divert your eyes people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

Don McLean of Darndale. I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What the heck Wayne is on the RTe news. Since when does he live in California?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

bazermc wrote: »

He probably thought he was going to be Hollywood's next big thing.

dolores gave him a few million and a one way ticket,he is out there to promote waynes wheels............................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,267 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes indeed, his house in Malibu has been destroyed in the forest fires and he's worried about some of his neighbours.

Glad to hear he's safe and sound but didn't know he lives in California.....is FC just a temporary thing he does a few months a year on visits to Ireland?

I really want Zac Dillion to return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Is Fair city on tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Mena Mitty wrote:
    Is Fair city on tonight ?

Listed at 8.30 on Virgin Media planner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Cardle's greasy face in every scene - has no-one in the RTE make-up department heard of powder to pat on her face to stop the reflection from the studio lights just before they do a take .... mind you, she would most probably snarl and shout at them if they tried putting make-up on her

So long Caddle.....we all really know she's going nowhere though

Jesus, Haley is so intense plus she's also turning into a snarler, like Carol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Cardle's greasy face in every scene - has no-one in the RTE make-up department heard of powder to pat on her face to stop the reflection from the studio lights just before they do a take .... mind you, she would most probably snarl and shout at them if they tried putting make-up on her

I've often thought that the standard of FC make-up leaves a lot to be desired. I presume it's intentional in keeping with the character and not because they can't apply make-up properly. The awards for terrible make-up go to Hayley, Jane and Snarler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Snarler leaving eh? I had a good old laugh at that.

Or...…...she will stay and get back with Robbie and keep snarling until the end of time. That's more realistic.

I will say though, Snarler is the easiest character on the soap to write for, they must be saving a fortune on scripts because all her scripts are written already from 2001 onwards! Snarl, push men away, repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Snarler leaving eh? I had a good old laugh at that.

Or...…...she will stay and get back with Robbie and keep snarling until the end of time. That's more realistic.

I will say though, Snarler is the easiest character on the soap to write for, they must be saving a fortune on scripts because all her scripts are written already from 2001 onwards! Snarl, push men away, repeat.

When she started snarling tonight, I said to the husband "Jebus, Wanderer's head will be exploding" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Aisling O'Neill ( snarler) will never leave her gravy boat
    She is a crap actor in a crap soap, playing a crap character
    But the monthly bonus keeps her warm and dry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

Cmon Tommy unless you empty the recycle bin it's not really gone!

I can't believe the writers are teasing us with Carol leaving, guaranteed in 5 years time she'll still be propping up the bar swigging wine snarling at whoever gets too close.

Sparko wrote: »
    Cmon Tommy unless you empty the recycle bin it's not really gone!/quote]

Even after emptying the bin it's still there on the hard drive, and even if you destroyed the hard drive it's still on the cloud or somewhere.

Sparko wrote: »
    Cmon Tommy unless you empty the recycle bin it's not really gone!/quote]

Even after emptying the bin it's still there on the hard drive, and even if you destroyed the hard drive it's still on the cloud or somewhere.

I'd say Jane has a copy on her phone.

Has Victor Burke left the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

I thought the shiny forehead was as a result of Botox.

threetrees wrote: »
    I thought the shiny forehead was as a result of Botox.

Yes but I bet Carol’s face is visible from outer space at this stage .

How does a rough , cheap , angry biatch like Carol get a guy like Steve who is reasonable and seems non confrontational. Why would any man put up with that ? They’re plenty of beautiful single women out there , he wouldn’t be single for long . It’s so unbelievable he’d put up with her crap and with her ex hanging around . In real life he’d be gone .

Likewise why would the independent femme fatale Hayley put up with fat, greasy Robbie and babysitting Jack (who isn’t even Robbie’s kid but his ex’s??) . She’d be out partying with young guys her own age . Very unimaginative lazy scriptwriting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Do yourself a favour and watch this movie, you'll love it, I promise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-rYar4PqDk

Maybe I was young and niave but I used like Carol before but in the last few years she's being a right pain.

I think she is one of the better actresses on the show when given a decent storyline but since the Robbie break up it has been the same, repeat, repeat etc.,

Does she have a say in that though? Surely like any other actor, the producers can walk up to you at contract renewal and say "Im afraid your character has come as far as we can write, we are not renewing your contract", and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Yes but I bet Karen’s face is visible from outer space at this stage .

How does a rough , cheap , angry biatch like Carol get a guy like Steve who is reasonable and seems non confrontational. Why would any man put up with that ? They’re plenty of beautiful single women out there , he wouldn’t be single for long . It’s so unbelievable he’d put up with her crap and with her ex hanging around . In real life he’d be gone .

Likewise why would the independent femme fatale Hayley put up with fat, greasy Robbie and babysitting Jack (who isn’t even Robbie’s kid but his ex’s??) . She’d be out partying with young guys her own age . Very unimaginative lazy scriptwriting.

Exactly! No man in their right mind would tolerate such abuse from a casual girlfriend and would have walked away long ago and yet he just meekly puts up with her roteweiller snarls and shouting abuse at him, shes an absolute wagon and I called it almost a year ago, I predicted that Robbie and Carol would get back together and im right, I bet you Christmas they will be a couple again. Despite her saying she wanted nothing more to do with him,,,i mean wtf?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes indeed, his house in Malibu has been destroyed in the forest fires and he's worried about some of his neighbours.

Glad to hear he's safe and sound but didn't know he lives in California.....is FC just a temporary thing he does a few months a year on visits to Ireland?

Aww that’s terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Like plenty of other people who stay in jobs just for the money. She’s hardly unique in that respect....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Does she have a say in that though? Surely like any other actor, the producers can walk up to you at contract renewal and say "Im afraid your character has come as far as we can write, we are not renewing your contract", and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

A relation high up in RTE or the Dáil most likely, you'd be surprised how many of our "talents" only got and kept jobs in RTE due to it while plenty of decent talents with no pull never get the chance

I had a quick look at the spoilers for next week.
    Junior ends up seriously ill again.
    Delores and Orla fall out because Dolores says Orla should have being looking after Junior instead of er PR business.
    Wayne has a heart to heart wit Tommy.
    Melaine is back again and as being severed an eviction notice and is staying in the pod. Alex is staying with friends.
    Phoebe is back to do work experience with Laura. She is being bullied at school. She is in the café with a guy called Aaron who mocks Cristiano.
    Will over reacts and things get sorted out in the end. Phoebe accuses Will of being a helicopter parent.

• Advertisement

I had a quick look at the spoilers for next week.
    Junior ends up seriously ill again.
    Delores and Orla fall out because Dolores says Orla should have being looking after Junior instead of er PR business.
    Wayne has a heart to heart wit Tommy.
    Melaine is back again and as being severed an eviction notice and is staying in the pod. Alex is staying with friends.
    Phoebe is back to do work experience with Laura. She is being bullied at school. She is in the cafith a guy called Aaron who mocks Cristiano.
    Will over reacts and things get sorted out in the end. Phoebe accuses Will of being a helicopter parent.
    Junior has Fanconi Anemia and needs bone marrow,
    will Orla and Tommy have to have another matching child

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement