Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Aaron should go off with Melanie, cheer the busy body up, give her some
    action :p

She's really after cheering up lately since she's hanging out with all the teenagers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone any other predictions?

Tracy back with Dean's kid, Yvonne back with Robbie's kid, Dr. Judy back, Dermot and Barry escape prison and hold Paul hostage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

branie2 wrote: »
    Junior must be feeling well

Let's just hope they forget that story line and the Heather/Hughie one as well.

Thursday 29thRead Thursday's spoiler!
    Mairead forces Will to come clean, but he manipulates Phoebe into thinking Mairead made a pass at him. When Bela gets sad news about Charlie, Tessa, Dolores and Pete rally to support Cass. Hayley helps Anto and Sharon secure the house.
    Sunday 1st
    Will plants a seed of doubt in Damien's heart. Mairead is furious to learn how Will has twisted things, and Sharon's guilt is stoked when Hayley feels left out of Comet.
    Tuesday 3rd
    Damien's gift backfires, as Will plots to wreck his life, Paul is torn when Melanie and Fiona clash over Ruth, and Hayley's convinced Mondo is trying to humiliate her.
    Wednesday 4th
    Sharon and Hayley remain keenly aware of the sacrifice Hayley has made. Meanwhile, Fiona finally gets her way in the ongoing battle with Melanie.
    Thursday 5th
    No episode due to Ireland vs Switzerland!

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/poignant-scenes-as-fair-city-bids-farewell-to-charlie-two-months-after-death-of-actor-tom-jordan-38443903.html?fbclid=IwAR3UzC0HP1JwD8SwCitK5x3_kgsUpt3pA6z5iMEdRjPtYkoWjVUQredWsF0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Tracy back with Dean's kid, Yvonne back with Robbie's kid, Dr. Judy back, Dermot and Barry escape prison and hold Paul hostage

Yvonne had a kid with Robbie ?

Yvonne had a kid with Robbie ?

Just me wishful speculating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Ciaran or Emmett?

Both, they meet in prison and are getting married now.

That jumper looks massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

The collins storyline about all the kids clubbing together with tbe parents to buy the house is ridic...its like an episode of the waltons or litlle house on the priarie or something. And the da saying he'll pay the daughter back if it takea him til the day he dies ??? Eh youre 50+ and youre only now getting a mortgage. What makes u think youre suddenly gonna be able to pay off extra debt ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The collins storyline about all the kids clubbing together with tbe parents to buy the house is ridic...its like an episode of the waltons or litlle house on the priarie or something. And the da saying he'll pay the daughter back if it takea him til the day he dies ??? Eh youre 50+ and youre only now getting a mortgage. What makes u think youre suddenly gonna be able to pay off extra debt ??

The family that drinks together, stay together!

• Advertisement

I'd say some real tears for Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Glad I started watching again. The tribute to Charlie tonight was very moving. Actors seemed genuinely upset. Cant believe a postman is bumming off his daughter to get a house he should have got before he went on to have 4 children. Most parents these days help their children get on the property ladder. NOT the other way round.

Did Tessa even know Charlie?

Where was the likes of Bob, Renee, Carol, Ray, Leo, Hughie, Decco, Orla and Wayne for the community centre celebration for Charlie, actors day off?

Glad I started watching again. The tribute to Charlie tonight was very moving. Actors seemed genuinely upset. Cant believe a postman is bumming off his daughter to get a house he should have got before he went on to have 4 children. Most parents these days help their children get on the property ladder. NOT the other way round.

It makes little sense to be honest.
    Both Sharon and Anto have solid jobs with years.
    If they were hard done by the kids helping out would be understandable.
    Also, when are they going to have this mortage paid off will Sharon be doing hair into her 70's or 80's?
    She'll be the Audrey Roberts of Carraigstown.

Did Tessa even know Charlie?

Where was the likes of Bob, Renee, Carol, Ray, Leo, Hughie, Decco, Orla and Wayne for the community centre celebration for Charlie, actors day off?

I think she may have briefly met him.

I thought they could have had more people attending the service. They even brought in two random extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It makes little sense to be honest.
    Both Sharon and Anto have solid jobs with years.
    If they were hard done by the kids helping out would be understandable.
    Also, when are they going to have this mortage paid off will Sharon be doing hair into her 70's or 80's?
    She'll be the Audrey Roberts of Carraigstown.

And it’s not like they were paying out huge amounts for rent all the years, they said they were previously in a council house so what the f*ck were doing with their money?

Sharon's clothes and accessories look to be from River Island, at least a good few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

fin12 wrote: »
    so what the f*ck were doing with their money?

Bringing up kids maybe?

Qrt wrote: »
    Bringing up kids maybe?

Plenty of other people had large families back then and were still able to buy a family home. I don’t know anyone in my age group in their 30s or late 20s who’s parents don’t own their own house.

• Advertisement

I thought the Collins grew up with the Bishops but they mention Darndale

I thought the Collins grew up with the Bishops but they mention Darndale

They've mentioned Darndale a few times. I find it a tad confusing to be honest.
    Maybe the encountered the Bishops when they had a market stall.

They've mentioned Darndale a few times. I find it a tad confusing to be honest.
    Maybe the encountered the Bishops when they had a market stall.

I thought Sharon was going to turn out to be related to granny Bishop

fin12 wrote: »
    Plenty of other people had large families back then and were still able to buy a family home. I don’t know anyone in my age group in their 30s or late 20s who’s parents don’t own their own house.

I know plenty who only own their home because they bought it at a knockdown discount from the council.

Also, it’s a soap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I know plenty who only own their home because they bought it at a knockdown discount from the council.

Also, it’s a soap?

But do you not think a soap with 50 writers could get some stories factually correct.
    At the moment the Collins are getting some sort of family mortgage
    Orla has forgotten about her dying son to concentrate on a local walking tour

Also, it’s a soap?

Ya that’s my point. The storyline is complete ridiculous, ya and more than likely the Collins parents would have had that option.

It would make a lot more sense if one of the kids was trying to buy their own home and the parents helping them out not the other way around.

• Advertisement

[quote="glenfieldman;111129922"
    Orla has forgotten about her dying son to concentrate on a local walking tour [/quote]

Oh RTÉ, never change <3

• Registered Users Posts: 23 flower girl 101

Is Tina Kellegher going to be back in fair city or was it a one time stint?

Is Tina Kellegher going to be back in fair city or was it a one time stint?

I say she'll be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I say she'll be back!

I hope so, we didn't get to see much acting from her and she has way more to give than a few scenes with a cigarette and a threat. Hope there's a good story for her.

Yea hopefully, it's just been a while since we saw her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

I say she'll be back!

I'd say so. Robbie died and this character was part of the buildup to the story. She was in cahoots with that drug dealer guy and that other guy Charlotte was linked with was probably all part of the same thing. I don't believe any of them are more than henchmen and henchwomen and the big fish is yet to be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

These "turs" that Orla is running, are they enough to give Eoghan (who will be a fully trained guide) a full time job? How many tourists would do a walking "tur" of Drumcondra or Phibsboro? Isn't that the area that Carraigstown is supposed to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Next week
    Tuesday - Fair City on at the infuriating time of 8.30pm
    Wednesday - back to 8.00pm
    Thursday - no episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Next week
    Tuesday - Fair City on at the infuriating time of 8.30pm
    Wednesday - back to 8.00pm
    Thursday - no episode.

You can thank soccer for the lack of an episode on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Phoebe just referred to Caoimhe as ''Damian's wife'' and Mairead stated that ''marriages break down for all sorts of reasons'' or something to that effect.

But, Caoimhe was never Damian's wife. She was his girlfriend/partner. Maybe even his fiancee, although I don't recall an engagement. Yet another mistake from the writers.

And they couldn't have been referring to Suzanne (who was his wife), because Phoebe mentioned his ''wife'' ''taking his child''. Suzanne and Damian didn't have a child together - Esther's son, David was the father of Suzanne's baby. And no one would blame Damian for the end of that marriage, because it all came out that she had been physically abusing him. So, the ''wife'' thing has to be a mistake.

Will said it last week as well, something about damien having 2 ex wives. Very lazy writing

I really like Damian, he deserves to be happy.

Coming up, Ruth
    doesn't stay long in boarding school

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GeneKranz

Will said it last week as well, something about damien having 2 ex wives. Very lazy writing
    I think it's a common mistake that people make though. A couple with kids moved in next door to me and I just presumed they were married, until I referred to "your husband" and was told that they weren't married. Will, Phoebe, etc weren't around when Caoimhe was, so they could be just presuming? Now, if Mairead said it I'd raise an eyebrow because she would know for sure they weren't married.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

branie2 wrote: »
    Coming up, Ruth
    doesn't stay long in boarding school

Fiona won't be happy with that. What is her end game anyway ?

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »

Having Paul all to herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

She sees Ruth as an obstacle. She wants Paul to make a packet but thinks Ruth is holding him back from being too greedy and ambitious ie. he's spending too much time with her.

Does Bela know about Ruth going to boarding school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Strazdas wrote: »
    She sees Ruth as an obstacle. She wants Paul to make a packet but thinks Ruth is holding him back from being too greedy and ambitious ie. he's spending too much time with her.

That's the bit that I was confused about. Paul was broke when she came back so she wasn't going to empty his bank account. She's pushing him to make loadsa money and THEN she probably empty his account. Now, I get it, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Weren't he and Ama an item too for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That's the bit that I was confused about. Paul was broke when she came back so she wasn't going to empty his bank account. She's pushing him to make loadsa money and THEN she probably empty his account. Now, I get it, cheers.

Yes, money seems to be her main interest in life. Presumably the long term aim is to fleece him.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

What age is Ruth? Isn't she a bit young for boarding school.

She's 9

And children as young as 8 do go to boarding school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

What age is Ruth? Isn't she a bit young for boarding school.

If Callum and Oisin were around they wouldn't let Fiona pack her off to boarding school.

Are there any boarding schools left in Ireland for 9 year olds ? Ellie must be fluent in Irish by now. There's no sign of her coming back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement