Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Shocked that the gay kiss between Eoghan and Liam in 1996 is not in that top 30 moments list. Its often noted as a breakthrough point in Irish television down through the years. As a nation we were not quiet ready for it at the time and it caused a bit of controversy at the time as I recall.

I know... but at least it is preserved forever on the 1996 episode of 'Reeling in the Years, guaranteed to be broadcast at least once every year for eternity on RTE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is it Barry on fair city's teaser trailer on who back for more? Lots of people saying it's Barry now more so than ciaran but would doug and melanie know who Barry is? They're on the trailer looking shocked to see the person back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Well of it's Barry who's going to call him Slappy O'Hanlon now? Not many Bishops left to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes, even Orla's affair with Tommy featured on it.

There were a lot better affairs over the years than that.

Tommy's affair with Jo or Debbie

Was Tommy's one night with Orla even an affair as were both single at the time or is Tommy ever single :P

And what about Dolores's affair with Fr "The Bill" Thaddeus? Surely that was more controversial than some of the lame affairs above.

• Advertisement

LordBasil wrote: »
    I remember Niamh saying 'He lit me up like a Christmas Tree!!!' lol @ Paul

And then Eoghan the monster turned off that light permanently by "murdering" poor Mikey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy's affair with Jo or Debbie

Was Tommy's one night with Orla even an affair as were both single at the time or is Tommy ever single :P

Thanks for confirming that.
    I didn't think it was much of an affair.
    I have no idea how they conducted the poll.
    It was like they just took comments off Facebook.

The best memorable villains I remember are Billy, Paddy, Trigger, Dr. Oakley and Terence, any female villains?

The best memorable villains I remember are Billy, Paddy, Trigger, Dr. Oakley and Terence, any female villains?

I loved Dr Oakley.

Would you consider Lucy a villian? or maybe Suzanne with her abusing Damien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I got a great kick out of that ban Garda from the country they had before. I can't remember her name.

I think she was Geraldine ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lucy of course and Charlotte killed her father and covered it up.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Lucy of course and Charlotte killed her father and covered it up.

I don't really see them as truly devilish villains if that makes sense, Charlotte killed Paddy (he was a bad fella) to save her mother, Lucy was unhinged as is Heather but Lucy probably the closet female villain maybe with Fiona and Vivienne

I don't really see them as truly devilish villains if that makes sense, Charlotte killed Paddy (he was a bad fella) to save her mother, Lucy was unhinged as is Heather but Lucy probably the closet female villain maybe with Fiona and Vivienne

I have really fallen for Fiona. I find her kind of attractive for some reason.

What did Vivenne do that was bad?

I have really fallen for Fiona. I find her kind of attractive for some reason.

What did Vivenne do that was bad?

Try and take Jack from Carol, helping Louis

dave1982 wrote: »
    Is it Barry on fair city's teaser trailer on who back for more? Lots of people saying it's Barry now more so than ciaran but would doug and melanie know who Barry is? They're on the trailer looking shocked to see the person back.

He looks like a younger fella which is why I think Ciaran as now Katy is back too

Try and take Jack from Carol, helping Louis

I think you mean Ingrid!

Vivenne is the actress. I was trying to figure out what poor Viveene Bisop did!

I think you mean Ingrid!

Vivenne is the actress. I was trying to figure out what poor Viveene Bisop did!

:o

Yes Louis wife I meant not Viv Bishop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I kind of thought by the way Caoimhe was looking at Damien yesterday that she might want to get back with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Hadn't watched FC for a few weeks, watching it tonight and you know who Will reminded me of both in looks and with the manipulation - Graham Dwyer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Eoin has great taste in music. Guns N’ Roses are brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

GoneHome wrote: »
    Hadn't watched FC for a few weeks, watching it tonight and you know who Will reminded me of both in looks and with the manipulation - Graham Dwyer!!

I hope Will doesn't resort to murder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I kind of thought by the way Caoimhe was looking at Damien yesterday that she might want to get back with him.

Damien would want his head tested if he ever went back there again.

Did Caoimhe cheat on Damo with Dean, surprised she did not ask to stay with him

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Blanket2017

Tuesday 10th September

Any sign of this child Seoirse ??

Will I Am .... in Spar, hands money for bottle of water to mairead ..... no scan needed?

Damien’s hair ..... WTF

Alistair ..... LOL

King & Queen competition - who should be allowed enter ..... who cares

Debbie Downer ..... what an absolute dose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

GoneHome wrote: »
    Omg. Yes.

I hope Hughie out smarts Paul and Fiona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

Let's make a top 10 list of the stupidest things the writers have done in fair city, I'll start with Eoghan getting a manslaughter conviction for killing Michael

fin12 wrote: »
    Eoin has great taste in music. Guns N’ Roses are brilliant.

But not women :P (Debbie again :rolleyes:) always thought Eoghan and Jane would get together

I'm not surprised it takes Caoimhe, Damian, Phoebe, Dearbhla and God knows who else to mind Saoirse. The poor child is invisible, sure it would take that many to mind an invisible child!

• Advertisement

Doblin wrote: »
    Let's make a top 10 list of the stupidest things the writers have done in fair city, I'll start with Eoghan getting a manslaughter conviction for killing Michael

Niamh's "plan" and it ending with her abandoning Ruth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

Alistair ..... LOL

I believe it’s Alasdair! Or that’s what yer one Debbie pointed out (I think, I was half watching)

What’s going on with Will anyway .....What’s his problem with Damian ?
    Will decided he was gay, had an affair, left Mairead and Phoebe to move to Dublin . Is he suddenly not gay now ? How does Christiano feel about this ? I mean this was all Will’s doing so what’s his problem?

(so many bloody questions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

I have heard that Barry is coming back and most reports are fairly certain. There is a rumor they are doing a pervy storyline with him. One of the earliest FC memories I have was when he was dating his student, none other than Niamh.

But Doug and Melanie? We can rule out Melanie as ever having known Barry at least within the backstories (of course it could be revealed she and her son had bad dealings with Barry from before and it is assumed Melanie did grow up in Ireland and not Iran or Armenia). Doug I am less sure. Barry could have been his teacher. Do not really remember if Doug and Barry were actually in it at the same time or not and of any shared storyline if they were. But assuming it is not Barry who frightens Melanie and Doug, who could it be? Ciaran was not particularly involved with Doug either and not with Melanie.

Cathal Spillane was involved with Melanie via the hotel for a time but I don't think he was overly concerned with her. Fiona seems to be her biggest enemy and it isn't her. What about that cult and that evil doctor? Doug was part of that story but Melanie I don't think was (may be wrong).

Niamh's "plan" and it ending with her abandoning Ruth

That whole storyline with Dermot becoming a fraudster after getting cancer was 100% a ripoff of Breaking Bad only with fraud replacing cooking meth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

threetrees wrote: »
    I'm not surprised it takes Caoimhe, Damian, Phoebe, Dearbhla and God knows who else to mind Saoirse. The poor child is invisible, sure it would take that many to mind an invisible child!

Aunty Laura nowhere to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

threetrees wrote: »

Tommy and Dearbhla showing signs of invisibility too. Pretty poor timing that they couldn't line up the actors' onscreen time so that they would be around for Caoimhe's return.

Ciaran actor admits now Ciaran is returning to FC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

What’s going on with Will anyway .....What’s his problem with Damian ?
    Will decided he was gay, had an affair, left Mairead and Phoebe to move to Dublin . Is he suddenly not gay now ? How does Christiano feel about this ? I mean this was all Will’s doing so what’s his problem?

(so many bloody questions)

Fairly sure it’s Will is bi.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hope it's a quick visit.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hope it's a quick visit.

He's going to find out Tessa is alive and well. He was convinced Emmett caused her to kill herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Fair City: Johnny Ward admits he found it difficult to return to Carrigstown set following death of Karl Shiels.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/celebs/fair-city-johnny-ward-admits-16904941

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Fair City: Johnny Ward admits he found it difficult to return to Carrigstown set following death of Karl Shiels.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/celebs/fair-city-johnny-ward-admits-16904941

-

Oh boo hoo . Seriously, not sure i czn take much more fair city . This ciaran storyline would want to be really strong, beczuse the current storylines are brutal. If yer man from mrs browns boys is in it again, then i am done,...done done done..

tototoe wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo . Seriously, not sure i czn take much more fair city . This ciaran storyline would want to be really strong, beczuse the current storylines are brutal. If yer man from mrs browns boys is in it again, then i am done,...done done done..

Agree totally, he's unfortunately been pigeon holed and will always be associated with Mrs Browns Boys - I have never watched more than one or two episodes of it, cant stand it! Now when I see him in Fair City its like watching a panto queen , you expect Mrs Brown to pop in the door. Its not working. :(

Just thinking, is Ciaran the reason Tessa fled Carrigstown recently? She received a mystery phone call and took off five seconds later. Perhaps she has been secretly in contact with him all along?

Strazdas wrote: »
    Just thinking, is Ciaran the reason Tessa fled Carrigstown recently? She received a mystery phone call and took off five seconds later. Perhaps she has been secretly in contact with him all along?

I'm a tad lost with Ciaran.
    Maybe she got a call to say he was released from hospital,etc.
    Do the O'Brien's think he dead?

I'm a tad lost with Ciaran.
    Maybe she got a call to say he was released from hospital,etc.
    Do the O'Brien's think he dead?

Yes, everyone thinks he's dead (drowned when he fell into the sea). I'm guessing there is more to Tessa than meets the eye and she might even have known he was still alive when she moved to Carrigstown - it was strange the way she moved into the area and Ciaran's flat.

Rose will see Ciaran and not know who he is

Is he back for Katy again, I assume he will be killed off this time around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Rose will see Ciaran and not know who he is

Is he back for Katy again, I assume he will be killed off this time around

I think Katy has a soft spot for him, they might go to America together?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement