Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Katy has a soft spot for him, they might go to America together?

She did have a close bond with her captor but has she not a new girlfriend in Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rose will see Ciaran and not know who he is

Is he back for Katy again, I assume he will be killed off this time around

He might save Rose's or somebodies life and all will be forgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seen something bout ciaran sees tessas photo in paper with Pete and Dean at the food van and reliases she's still alive

dave1982 wrote: »
    Seen something bout ciaran sees tessas photo in paper with Pete and Dean at the food van and reliases she's still alive

Uncle Ciaran might take Fionn to the park with Saoirse if she can be found :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If Ciaran thought Tessa was dead why would he have left her his apartment?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

If Ciaran thought Tessa was dead why would he have left her his apartment?

It was a little confusing to be honest but I think the apartment was there parents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

I have heard that Barry is coming back and most reports are fairly certain. There is a rumor they are doing a pervy storyline with him. One of the earliest FC memories I have was when he was dating his student, none other than Niamh.

But Doug and Melanie? We can rule out Melanie as ever having known Barry at least within the backstories (of course it could be revealed she and her son had bad dealings with Barry from before and it is assumed Melanie did grow up in Ireland and not Iran or Armenia). Doug I am less sure. Barry could have been his teacher. Do not really remember if Doug and Barry were actually in it at the same time or not and of any shared storyline if they were. But assuming it is not Barry who frightens Melanie and Doug, who could it be? Ciaran was not particularly involved with Doug either and not with Melanie.

Cathal Spillane was involved with Melanie via the hotel for a time but I don't think he was overly concerned with her. Fiona seems to be her biggest enemy and it isn't her. What about that cult and that evil doctor? Doug was part of that story but Melanie I don't think was (may be wrong).

Andy accuses Barry of beating him and Robbie when Barry was a seminarian. Barry says it's mistaken identity.

That whole storyline with Dermot becoming a fraudster after getting cancer was 100% a ripoff of Breaking Bad only with fraud replacing cooking meth.

Given that Barry is back after 8 years in the clink for Sarah's manslaughter, it provides hope that Dermot will come back because his sentence would be shorter - sure, he only robbed Paul! :D

Debbie the local bike and filthy little hussy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

I see that Saoirse pulled off the Cloak of Invisibility at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

The look on Eoin’s face when Debbie suggested getting back together should be in the top 30 moments!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Niall_76 wrote: »
    The look on Eoin’s face when Debbie suggested getting back together should be in the top 30 moments!!

Just goes to show how utterly out of ideas the FC writers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's a bit unrealistic that Mairead would be fine with the idea of an ex being in the same house as herself and Damo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Given that Barry is back after 8 years in the clink for Sarah's manslaughter, it provides hope that Dermot will come back because his sentence would be shorter - sure, he only robbed Paul! :D

I thought Barry was locked up longer than 8 years, it seems more like 18 years..... Did Dermot have a trial and get a sentence? What did he get?.. I can't remember his trial.

Niall_76 wrote: »

I was delighted when he turned her down, bitch was at a loose end and would use Eoin until someone else took her fancy.

• Advertisement

I thought Barry was locked up longer than 8 years, it seems more like 18 years..... Did Dermot have a trial and get a sentence? What did he get?.. I can't remember his trial.

It was never shown - and neither was Emmet's. Barry was charged in 2011, immediately after he admitted killing Sarah.

Presumably, Dermot, given that he stole thousands of euro from Paul, got a sentence much shorter - especially with the mitigation of believing that he would soon die and the fact that he was just after having a liver transplant.

Is Denzo Bishop in prison for helping Barry, did he get caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

That was some pile of sh1te they served up tonight.

The dress in the charity shop. FML.

Why does Caoimhe not just tell both Phoebe and Mairead that Will was pushing her on to Damo, saying he still wanted her, creating problems

Is Denzo Bishop in prison for killing Barry, did he get caught?

Denzo didn't kill Barry, did he :confused:?

• Advertisement

Why does Caoimhe not just tell both Phoebe and Mairead that Will was pushing her on to Damo, saying he still wanted her, creating problems

I think they're all confused and don't realise what Willie Bonker is up to.

Denzo didn't kill Barry, did he :confused:?

OMG :o I need to stop the wine now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Denzo is still on the run isn't he?

Afair Barry was convicted of Sarah's murder but the guards were also looking for Denzo as an accomplice. He fled to Granny Bishop in Spain. Denzo returned for something, Deccos wedding perhaps but was bundled off asap back to Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

When is this hour long special that is much talked about happening? I thought it was suppose to have being last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

When is this hour long special that is much talked about happening? I thought it was suppose to have being last night.
    Wednesday 18th September. Should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

So did I. Sat down with dinner in front ready to go

I’m sure the advert for it had the correct date but I assumed it was going to be the following Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Bit of a long, off topic, rambling post here. Was just thinking, Fair City characters, past and present seem to have a preponderance of Irish surnames (Gaelic, Norse, Norman origin pre 1300). Don't think it's typical of Dublin. Here goes!!

The Doyles, Collinses, Paul Brennan, Hannah Finnegan, Barry O’Hanlon, Cathal Spillane, Carol Foley, Robbie Quinn, the Molloys, Orla Kirwan, the Cassidys, Melanie Ryan, Mairead Casey, Louis and Mike Gleeson, Dermot Fahey, Charlie Kelly, Billy Meehan, Leo Dowling, Dr. Jack Shananhan, Hughie Phelan, Paddy Clarke, Linda O’Malley, Tracey McGuigan, the Dillons, the O’Briens, Malachy Costello, Nicola Prendergast, Robin McKenna, Sylvester Galligan, Annette Daly, Keith McGrath, Ray O’Connell, Nora Keogh, John Deegan, Ritchie Lennon, Lucy Mallon, Seamus McAleer off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Was it not Sylvester Garrigan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Was it not Sylvester Garrigan??

It was, typo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Bit of a long, off topic, rambling post here. Was just thinking, Fair City characters, past and present seem to have a preponderance of Irish surnames (Gaelic, Norse, Norman origin pre 1300). Don't think it's typical of Dublin. Here goes!!

The Doyles, Collinses, Paul Brennan, Hannah Finnegan, Barry O’Hanlon, Cathal Spillane, Carol Foley, Robbie Quinn, the Molloys, Orla Kirwan, the Cassidys, Melanie Ryan, Mairead Casey, Louis and Mike Gleeson, Dermot Fahey, Charlie Kelly, Billy Meehan, Leo Dowling, Dr. Jack Shananhan, Hughie Phelan, Paddy Clarke, Linda O’Malley, Tracey McGuigan, the Dillons, the O’Briens, Malachy Costello, Nicola Prendergast, Robin McKenna, Sylvester Galligan, Annette Daly, Keith McGrath, Ray O’Connell, Nora Keogh, John Deegan, Ritchie Lennon, Lucy Mallon, Seamus McAleer off the top of my head.

Indeed, I know lots of people in Dublin with non Irish surnames : Smith, Wilson, Johnson, Malcolmson, Fraser all come immediately to mind as people I know and they are all native Dubliners

• Advertisement

threetrees wrote: »
    Denzo is still on the run isn't he?

Afair Barry was convicted of Sarah's murder but the guards were also looking for Denzo as an accomplice. He fled to Granny Bishop in Spain. Denzo returned for something, Deccos wedding perhaps but was bundled off asap back to Spain.

He turned himself in after Decco's wedding.

By the way, Barry served a sentence for manslaughter. Denzo was hiding around the corner in the room when Barry accidentally killed Sarah - she fell after Barry shook her in frustration because she had accidentally spread the rumour that Barry was a paedophile and her head hit a table on the way down. Denzo would be guilty of perverting the course of justice and preventing lawful and decent burial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Barry lol. Its been a while!

Whys orla carrying on like that. She wasnt even close to Sarah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Ooohh sexy cop is back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Will is crackpot.

Did the decision to have Barry and Dermot depart from the show ignominiously come about because of a change in personnel on the script-writing team on Fair City? I thought it was rule of thumb that long-serving characters in soap operas who go to prison only get relatively short sentences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

That's what the writers do. One time Mondo and Karen knew each other from being classmates even tho Mondo was about 10 years older than Karen.

Doblin wrote: »
    That's what the writers do. One time Mondo and Karen knew each other from being classmates even tho Mondo was about 10 years older than Karen.

When did Karen appear? I don't remember her.

To be fair, she did know Sarah socially.

• Advertisement

Will is crackpot.
    All I see now thanks to a previous poster on this thread is bloody Graham dwyer.

Sparko wrote: »
    Tommy and Dearbhla showing signs of invisibility too. Pretty poor timing that they couldn't line up the actors' onscreen time so that they would be around for Caoimhe's return.

As Mairéad said in tonight's episode, Caoimhe has gone to Kilkenny to visit relatives and so it's likely that Tommy, Dearbhla and Zak are down there, too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I haven’t watched in a while

How have they dealt with Robbie passing away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

bazermc wrote: »
    I haven’t watched in a while

How have they dealt with Robbie passing away?
    They haven't yet. He's supposed to be in England.

How did they kill Charlie Kelly off ?

jos28 wrote: »
    Ooohh sexy cop is back :D

I swooned when I seen him, thought he was gone for good, and what did he say to Hailey? He's there to supervise the festival, as if you'd need an Detective to that .. He's going to get back with Carol... There'll be another Hailey and Carol catfight coming up.

• Advertisement

Doblin wrote: »
    How did they kill Charlie Kelly off ?

Heart attack while he was in Canada visiting his daughter.

Heart attack while he was in Canada visiting his daughter.

How lazy, the exact Same way they killed mags. I think the character of Doctor Oakley was a big missed opportunity, instead of him ending up like a silly panto villian, they should have had been a Harold Shipman type serial killer, killing of all the oaps one by one

When did Karen appear? I don't remember her.

The red haired dancer who was stabbed by Kerri Ann. Two years ago maybe?

Is that Barry's house than Eoghan lives in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Is that Barry's house than Eoghan lives in?

Yes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement