Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

The whole thing is so stupidly contrived the way this Andy character turns up the same week Barry came out of jail, and if Barry was Robbie's teacher, you'd think Robbie would have mentioned it before considering how famous Barry is around carrigstown

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Who won the King and Queen contest in the end. With all the nonsense between Bob/renee and Pete/Dolores over it you'd think they'd announce a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I have to say I had a bit of a laugh at Barry being bundled into the van.

But who has a festival in September when the kids are all back to school and the summer is over? That was fairly daft. As was feckin Mairead and Phoebe automatically believing psycho Will; given that he's a pathological liar with form.

And Phoebe suddenly gets a scholarship for a year with about three days notice :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Just watching De Valera i Meiriceá. The bould marcus Lamb, Dr. Oakley, makes a great Dev.

Fiolina wrote: »
    And Phoebe suddenly gets a scolarship for a year with about three days notice :rolleyes:

They did mention that that London girl broke her leg though. Barry probably did that before he came back to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Really disgusted with Mairead tonight. There's no way she could be that stupid. She should know well what Will is capable of by now. He lied to her for her whole life but now suddenly he's telling the truth? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thought tonight’s episode was really good. Thought what happened to Barry was pretty funny, imagine getting bashed over the head, go looking for help and then get thrown in the back of a van....

Ciara’s obviously planning to kidnap someone else as the van seemed to be all set up, maybe planning to kidnap Tessa.

Poor Damian, that was awful, he should dump mairead straight away as she believed Will over him and honestly Damian does not need that crap of a psycho ex in his life.

Tonight's special was disappointing overall. The last 10 min saw the only bit of action.

I'm a bit sick of these self harming psychopath storylines and the gullible believers tbh.

Mairead was married to the guy and can't see the woods from the trees, but Caoimhe believing Will after the conversation she overheard between him and Phoebe is a bit of a stretch.

Over hyped really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Really disgusted with Mairead tonight. There's no way she could be that stupid. She should know well what Will is capable of by now. He lied to her for her whole life but now suddenly he's telling the truth? Ridiculous.

I'd say Mairead still wants Will

Who had Saoirse tonight as all were out for the festive activities?

I say it was Nora who hit Barry with the wrench as Damo left on the corner of the bar for Carol, Barry probably thinks it was Andy as he already had battered him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    Thought tonight’s episode was really good. Thought what happened to Barry was pretty funny, imagine getting bashed over the head, go looking for help and then get thrown in the back of a van....

Ciara’s obviously planning to kidnap someone else as the van seemed to be all set up, maybe planning to kidnap Tessa.

Poor Damian, that was awful, he should dump mairead straight away as she believed Will over him and honestly Damian does not need that crap of a psycho ex in his life.
    The photo ciaron had was tessa.

bazermc wrote: »
    So is Hayley actually Hayley Curley (great name).

The love child of Fr. Ted and Polly! or Pat Mustard? The plot thickens. Feck it I can't make it smaller!

CbKtxVcXIAEqSbx.jpg

mojonta wrote: »
    Who won the King and Queen contest in the end. With all the nonsense between Bob/renee and Pete/Dolores over it you'd think they'd announce a winner.

You mean "We are Family" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What a pethatic 30th birthday party, poor Steve is going to have to tell Hailey everything now, they looked rediclicous dancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd love for Mairead to find Will and Cristiano in bed together. "OMG Will you are gay why didn't you tell me before now".

At this stage I just assume Will has actually come out to them annually but Mairead and Phoebe have the memory of a dead goldfish and kept thinking he was a straight honest man the whole time.

If only invisible Saoirse was in the house and saw Will or better Phoebe did, does Caoimhe have a walkie talkie baby monitor video recorder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

What other soap did the self harming psychopath storyline? Was it Pat Phelan in Corrie?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

So, are Mairead and Will back together now? And is Cristiano ever coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I really enjoyed the hour episode, nice tribute to Charlie aswell.

Barry was saying "Andy" so presumably Andy clobbered him. However, should he die, then are Decco's prints on Barry? And the weapon, was that a wrench (that Damian used in the pub). So, we have a real case of messed up evidence.

Then we have lifesaving Decco, himself and Melanie will cosy up I'd say.

And finally Erica and Doug awwwww.

Qrt wrote: »
    What other soap did the self harming psychopath storyline? Was it Pat Phelan in Corrie?

Lucy in Fair City 2012, I'm not familiar with other soaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I actually enjoyed tonight's episode (OMG, did I just say that about FC?). But I was fuming at how things ended up for Damien. I would tell Mairead and Phoebe to feck off. I really hope Damo can clear his name, I'm actually liking his character lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I don't like Mairead anymore, herself and Will deserve each other. My heart went out to Damien tonight, I thought he played a blinder. If I saw Will heading towards me the first thing I'd do would be to hit record on my phone. Dying to see Will taken down.
    As for Hayley's 'party', it was a pretty miserable do. Looking fab in the red gúna, a handful of family in the local, very embarrassing dancing and it was still bright outside :eek:
    I was delighted to see so many of the old crew back but I think they should have spread it over a few weeks. Bit mad to see everyone arriving at 5 minute intervals. Don't get me started on Ciaran - ridiculous !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I said at the start it was nice to see Damien actually happy when he was dancing with her but fúck that. She is just too stupid and not worth the hassle. Send her back to her beloved gay husband and watch how that turns out. It'd be the two goldfishes left absolute laughing stocks tryna crawl back to Damien when they find out Will is gay again. He can get a good laugh and tell them to pìss off. Hes gave them more than enough chances. Just focus on his daughter. Good riddance to dumb and dumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheKeno

Long time viewer. First time poster. I enjoyed some of tonight. Denzo on the phone to Decco was decent. Will was his usual antagonising self. The actor is playing a blinder. He will be found out soon but Damien is an awful eejit. Did anyone else notice Tommy and Dearbhla Eyebrows at the festival? They had no scenes with Caoimhe. Weird one. Also Caoimhe telling Will that Cristiano can do better... He's a flighty part time coffee salesman with an aggressive brother. Will is a graduate and pillar of the community.

Barry had the day from hell. Attacked by Decco, shouted at by Andy, Carol and Nora. Barred from the Station. Forced to listen to Cass. Assaulted in the middle of a pub. Bashed around the head with a wrench and then kidnapped by the local mechanic for some reason. What a day in the life!

Does anyone have any idea or theories what Ciaran intended to do with Barry if he had of successfully driven off and not crashed into the Armenian lad Alex? Seemed like he was taking him away... Surely Ciaran would find it easier to remain anonymous without a bleeding 58 year old Barry to keep hidden? He also abandoned a perfectly good transit van in the middle of the road! ��

Maybe Ciaran was taking Barry to a hospital

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Lucy in Fair City 2012, I'm not familiar with other soaps.

Who was meant to have attacked her? Sorry I know that’s going back a bit

Did she blame Wayne or Pete?

TheKeno wrote: »
    Also Caoimhe telling Will that Cristiano can do better... He's a flighty part time coffee salesman with an aggressive brother. Will is a graduate and pillar of the community.

Yea, but Will is a psychopath...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Humm, so it seems that that phone call Tessa got didn't come from her brother, why did she leave in such a hurry? I'm delighted to see her go but I wonder why. :confused:

branie2 wrote: »
    Will is a complete psychopath

Does Will want Mairead back or just on her own? Bored with Cristano gone needs his kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm just watching now.
    I thought Hayley's 30th Birthday would have being more exciting!

• Advertisement

Pete if memory serves me correct. She did a bit of banging and scratching. She was jealous of anyone who took Dolores time.

How come Renee didn't wear the dress?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How come Renee didn't wear the dress?

She thought it made her look fat probably.

They made Tina Kellegher's character a lot more likeable tonight. Felt a bit sorry for her. Is Aido supposed to be her son? Maybe he doesn't know Hayley is his sister/half sister. He was definitely hitting on her in the Station a few weeks ago. Have a strange feeling that the birthday gift to Hayley might be what exposes this whole situation.

Does Carol know Yates is back? No scenes for them yet

I nearly changed my plans this evening to watch this and I'm happy I didn't.
    They were some good episodes in the last few days. I felt a little down especially when everybody saw Ciaran walking around in it!

They were some good episodes in the last few days. I felt a little down especially when everybody saw Ciaran walking around in it!

A let down alright. Like yourself I expected Ciaran to be walking down the street with a pistol in each hand!

Does Carol know Yates is back? No scenes for them yet

So busy with her ceremonial duties!

I think the 25th anniversary with Dermot and the accident, Jo's affair was nearly better than tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The annual "how do we write Child X or Teenager Y out?" has begun; Will & Maireads kid's off on a hockey scholarship.....don't recall it being a storyline prior to the announcement.....

Mondos Young Wan seems to've disappeared too; last in it this time last year too or more recently?

As for the fete or whatever it's being called.........holding it on a work/school day's not odd at all like......

• Advertisement

Where's Junior and Wayne?

Orla doesn't seem to care really!

It does scare me a little where the last twenty years or so have gone. I remember Orla, Damien, Carol, etc all joining back in the late 1990's/2000 and Fair City would have only being ten years on air.
    I honestly never imagined the time going by so fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Will is highly manipulative. I don't think he's dangerous as such but seems to be flaky and is not a nice person.

Could Orla have clobbered Barry? She was hopping mad earlier.

Did Ray, Mondo and Juliet go away?

Did Ray, Mondo and Juliet go away?

Juliet just disappeared a few months ago, the first we heard of it was when Ray decided to send here over a care package.
    Mondo and Ray were on the scene recently but George Mcmahon(Mondo) got married in August around the time this was filmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Did Suzanne not do a bit of this back when she was beating Damian to make people think the opposite was happening?

• Advertisement

It's not Barry O'Hanlon.... it's Barry Hannigan. Brilliant line! Nora totally over reacted to Barry touching Andy on the arm. She is a blatant over actor. Shame they didnt bring back Harry Molloy last night. Him and Ciaran teaming up would put bums in seats throught the country.

FC always pick on the same old stooges. They mightn't be perfect but over all have been the victims of circumstance.

What will we do for the 30th special? Bash Barry and make a clown of Damien (literally and metaphorically) again?

Why not have Melanie, Orla or Cass end up in the back of Ciaran's van? Throw us a curveball every once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Where do you start after watching that big steaming pile of sh1t....:(

So Damo's new GF is aware Will (Who is cured of the Gay) is trying to set up Damo, yet jumps to the conclusion Damo has assaulted him, this of course after over hearing Will trying to set Damo up....somebody wrote this:rolleyes:

Ciaran Kidnapping Barry? What? i mean.....WTF was going on there....somebody again wrote that down on a script.....

The new homeless lad accusing Barry of beating him? Nora backing him up even though she doesn't know him or well enough to go to bat for him....again somebody was paid by our licence fee to write that down.

I'm fairly sure a 6th year doing his higher leaving cert english paper could have constructed a better and more believeble story.

It was absolutely terrible.....

Where's Junior and Wayne?

Orla doesn't seem to care really!

Where's Wayne? I'm with Orla, I dont care either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

S
    Naggdefy wrote: »

A let down alright. Like yourself I expected Ciaran to be walking down the street with a pistol in each hand!
    So glad ciaron is back. Stopped watching it after he left. Good to see Barry and police guy as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement