Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damo needs Mark back to batter Will

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

Ciaran Kidnapping Barry? What? i mean.....WTF was going on there.

I had thought the idea was that Ciaran couldn't go driving around with a bloody hand print on the window of his van coz he'd have been drawing attention to himself - then he fecks aul Barry into the van (when all he had to do was wip the hand print away) but still goes off driving without cleaning off the hand print! Bizzare!

And what has happened to Pat Nolan's acting. Back in the day when there were even fewer decent actors in that yoke. he was one of the few saving graces. He was brutal last night!

Robbie in bed?

Barry Hannigan?

John & Joko

The poem!

A fight breaking out in the bar and the waitress behind the bar, inches away, literally doesn't see it

Damo grabbing yer man - after yer one rings the doorbell to go into her own house!

Hughie folding in seconds under Orla's social media post threat

Jane appears out of the blue - with no mention

Hayley's pathetic birthday party

Denzo on the phone from prison acting like he's seen aliens coz someone vistited him a whole day earlier

There's literally some ridiculous ****e every single minute in that thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Tea Shock wrote: »
    I had thought the idea was that Ciaran couldn't go driving around with a bloody hand print on the window of his van coz he'd have been drawing attention to himself - then he fecks aul Barry into the van (when all he had to do was wip the hand print away) but still goes off driving without cleaning off the hand print! Bizzare!

And what has happened to Pat Nolan's acting. Back in the day when there were even fewer decent actors in that yoke. he was one of the few saving graces. He was brutal last night!

Robbie in bed?

Barry Hannigan?

John & Joko

The poem!

A fight breaking out in the bar and the waitress behind the bar, inches away, literally doesn't see it

Damo grabbing yer man - after yer one rings the doorbell to go into her own house!

Hughie folding in seconds under Orla's social media post threat

Jane appears out of the blue - with no mention

Hayley's pathetic birthday party

Denzo on the phone from prison acting like he's seen aliens coz someone vistited him a whole day earlier

There's literally some ridiculous ****e every single minute in that thing!

Hayley's party was comical, the dancing wanted me to tear my eyes out.

Damo grabbing yer man after he belts his head knowing the Women are coming in. Damo's Ex Caoimhe screaming at him even though she knows Will is setting him up? The fuccking poem!!!!! The ''family'' up on the stage even though they know Will is Gay and is with Cristiano.

Did they record the show but fail to watch it back? surely someone could have seen how badly constructed it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Damien dont bother wasting oxegen on the bint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Is the Nurse gonna be a new character now?

Unusual that they would give her a full name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

And yet Deegan won’t believe that Andy probably lashed Barry with the wrench....

F*ck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

pjohnson wrote: »
    Damien dont bother wasting oxegen on the bint.
    At least Dolores believes him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

“Prove you had nothing to do with that van”

“F*ck off Deegan...prove I did”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Seriously, the writing in this is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Having his phone sticking out of his pocket wasn't the smartest thing for Damo to do if he wanted Will to admit what happened.

The nurse seems to have her eye on John.

• Advertisement

I'd hate to be on the other end of that phone talking to Melanie, talk about rude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has the nurse a crush in Deegan?

Thank fcuk Damien got the claddagh ring back. At least hes not down money over dumbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭political analyst

Caoimhe knows that Will is a nasty piece of work. So why does she believe Will's side of the story and block Damien "just like that" (as Tommy Cooper would have said)?

And yet Deegan won’t believe that Andy probably lashed Barry with the wrench....

F*ck sake

But now it's obvious it was Nora, not Andy, who attacked Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

Does nobody in this programme have any self respect. Damien shouldn't set foot in Spar again while that Mairead bitch works there. I know by doing that he might have to travel miles to get food but she has shown here true colours and he should just stay away instead of humiliating himself over and over again. As for Caoimhe she was never going to change her spots

Do Orla and the nurse who Deegan was talking to not know the difference between murder and manslaughter - regarding what Barry did? Do they not know exactly how Barry caused Sarah's death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Melanie going... Thank **** pls bring eyebrows with you

Do Orla and the nurse who Deegan was talking to not know the difference between murder and manslaughter - regarding what Barry did? Do they not know exactly how Barry caused Sarah's death?

We're lucky that people aren't going after Eoghan for murdering Michael!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I'd hate to be on the other end of that phone talking to Melanie, talk about rude!
    She always carries on as if life owes her a living. !

Caoimhe knows that Will is a nasty piece of work. So why does she believe Will's side of the story and block Damien "just like that" (as Tommy Cooper would have said)?

She was practically egging him on to deck him a few minutes previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

So was Ciarans return just a once off Cameo so ?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The IQ level in Carrigstown must be well below the National average. None of them stand back and think, do a bit of home work before jumping straight in. Nora and her new best buddie in the anorak, Mairead, Caoimhe. Nurses and people in general who don't know the difference between manslaughter and murder. Feck sake the man (Barry) has paid his dues.

The only ones with a bit of intelligence are psychopaths. Why would anyone live there.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    The only ones with a bit of intelligence are psychopaths. Why would anyone live there.

You can afford to eat out the whole time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

You can afford to eat out the whole time!

They probably all have food loans with the Credit Union:D Kinda like a second mortgage:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

A nurse and a Garda. How original!!!!!

bazermc wrote: »
    A nurse and a Garda. How original!!!!!

Maybe she's his long lost daughter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Doblin wrote: »
    So was Ciarans return just a once off Cameo so ?:rolleyes:

I hope so. His return was blown outta all proportion. Now if Niamh...or Sasha came back with the new babby, well........

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

gwalk wrote: »

Unusual that they would give her a full name

She was in it before when Dan got injured. Nurse Bronagh knew that Carol and Robbie were having it off behind Dan’s back and she was caught in the middle. She was in it for about six months.

youwould wrote: »
    She was in it before when Dan got injured. Nurse Bronagh knew that Carol and Robbie were having it off behind Dan’s back and she was caught in the middle. She was in it for about six months.

I think we might see more of the Nurse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So Tessa goes......Ciaran shows.....Ciaran goes and Tessa shows?

She did a bunk; Eoin starts chatting to her and doesn't ask questions.........?

I know for soaps we've to suspend credibility but this is stretching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

gwalk wrote:

The nurse seems to have her eye on John.

Has the nurse a crush in Deegan?

Defo gonna ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

It really is a disgrace the way they hyped up the 30th anniversary episode and there was absolutely no point to anything that happened in that episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Doblin wrote: »
    It really is a disgrace the way they hyped up the 30th anniversary episode and there was absolutely no point to anything that happened in that episode.

I disagree...we got to see Damian dress up as a fat Hitler......:D

So now Nora is going around swinging wrenches at people, she's an old woman who is about 5ft tall so it's seems a bit ridiculous that she would be able to sneak up on Barry with a heavy wrench without him seeing her approaching.

I think we might see more of the Nurse!

Why did she hand John Deegan back his phone number. It looks like she lost interest or wasn't happy with something he said.....or maybe she got a better offer in Coppers.

John Deegan would be in and out of the hospital with his job, it can't be the first time she net him there. I thought it was a strange encounter all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I have to say in a place full of misery, misfortune, torment and pestilence Derbhla eyebrows really takes the cake.

Never has a good word to say at all ever about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheKeno

What are the chances that Barry O'Hanlon will find Barry Hannigan and introduce him to the show next week in the Station? Was obvious they filmed the talent show on a different day to the rest of the episode as Tommy and Jane were at it but were never shown talking with Caoimhe.

Damien has been blocked by Caoimhe now? Hahaha. He has rights. Are we supposed to be cheering for Damien? He's a wet drip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Why did she hand John Deegan back his phone number. It looks like she lost interest or wasn't happy with something he said.....or maybe she got a better offer in Coppers.

John Deegan would be in and out of the hospital with his job, it can't be the first time she net him there. I thought it was a strange encounter all the same.

I would guess her number is on the card she gave back to Deegan.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭ElBastardo1

TheKeno wrote: »
    What are the chances that Barry O'Hanlon will find Barry Hannigan and introduce him to the show next week in the Station? Was obvious they filmed the talent show on a different day to the rest of the episode as Tommy and Jane were at it but were never shown talking with Caoimhe.

Damien has been blocked by Caoimhe now? Hahaha. He has rights. Are we supposed to be cheering for Damien? He's a wet drip.

When I think of Damo I have the image in my head of his standing there with a puzzled look on his face, the look of trying to work out the square root of 3465 while avoinding eye contact. Actually when Damo is in a happy or jovial mood I find him unsettling.

search?q=damien+fair+city&safe=strict&sxsrf=ACYBGNR733r2iblda88LvYiMtft9XKvjUA:1568979335784&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiYseC_p9_kAhVlXRUIHeZkAboQ_AUIEigB&biw=1123&bih=638#imgrc=AZmtHR5Fu7MIcM:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

I have to say in a place full of misery, misfortune, torment and pestilence Derbhla eyebrows really takes the cake.

Never has a good word to say at all ever about anything.

The soccer team nonsense last night was really dumb as well. It seems we are back to pathetic storylines again. ( Not that the 30rh anniversary was ground breaking either.)

Dearbhla would be a scary defender tbf. You'd have a slight fear that you may be the next victim consumed by those brows.

Damo seems to have the worst luck with women in the history of mankind.

I would guess her number is on the card she gave back to Deegan.

Yer on the ball Gadgetman496. Good thinking !

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

youwould wrote: »

Was she in it before that even. Watching this episode from 2005 and to me it looks like her anyway talking to Heather at about 1:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

tototoe wrote: »
    The soccer team nonsense last night was really dumb as well. It seems we are back to pathetic storylines again. ( Not that the 30rh anniversary was ground breaking either.)

The Soccer team theme itself is a load of claptrap; all talk and no actual action being shown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The Soccer team theme itself is a load of claptrap; all talk and no actual action being shown?

Would have to be rugby for RTE to show it .

Smiley face thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Nokia6230i wrote: »

It was the same with the trafficking girls, Strip Club, all talk and no action been shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

mojonta wrote: »
    Was she in it before that even. Watching this episode from 2005 and to me it looks like her anyway talking to Heather at about 1:30

Yeah that’s her.

Some appalling hair highlights back in 2005. Also, Wayne Molloy #2 is in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Nokia6230i wrote:

It was the same with the trafficking girls, Strip Club, all talk and no action been shown.

And the same with Saoirse, surely not too complicated to show the child for more than the grand total of 5 seconds that they did, especially when she was mentioned about 50 times since Caoimhe got back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement