Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to downgrade FTTH to FTTC?

Options
  • 03-10-2018 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am the new owner of a property that has Eir FTTH installed. Please you can let me know how to get normal FTTC internet installed?
    I've tried speaking to Eir sales who put me through to loyalty who can't help as I'm not the account holder of the closed account, and put me back to sales. I can't sign up to Eir Superfast as the line is still not cleared down, and quite frankly I'm not sure I want to based on my experience of your 'service' to date.

Please can you confirm, that when the line does go down fully, that any FTTC provider can assist with broadband services? If not, what do I need to do to get Eir to 'release' the FTTH connection for FTTC.

A public response would be appreciated, as I'm sure others may be interested in this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

bingo76 wrote: »
    I am the new owner of a property that has Eir FTTH installed. Please you can let me know how to get normal FTTC internet installed?
    I've tried speaking to Eir sales who put me through to loyalty who can't help as I'm not the account holder of the closed account, and put me back to sales. I can't sign up to Eir Superfast as the line is still not cleared down, and quite frankly I'm not sure I want to based on my experience of your 'service' to date.

Please can you confirm, that when the line does go down fully, that any FTTC provider can assist with broadband services? If not, what do I need to do to get Eir to 'release' the FTTH connection for FTTC.

A public response would be appreciated, as I'm sure others may be interested in this.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure that there is FTTC at your new address. Why don’t you just go with a different provider for the FTTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

bingo76 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Are you sure that there is FTTC at your new address. Why don’t you just go with a different provider for the FTTH.
    If there is is no FTTC there will at least be ADSL to the local exchange.
    FTTH may be much faster but a slower DSL product may be desirable for someone who only needs a very basic internet connection at a cheaper price. 

Advertisement