Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Pre-Built desktops

Options
  • 03-10-2018 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am looking for a pre built pc for my son. He plays game like fortnite and rainbow six siege and he likes to live stream. At the moment he can only stream 30fps and would it to be 60 so it’s watchable but still be able to get at least 100fps in game thx my budget is around €1250. Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭genjiisthebest

is it being new important?

do you need a monitor mouse keyboard all that do you need wifi or you have ethernet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is a decent 2nd hand PC, at a decent price, use remaining money to buy a new or 2nd hand GPU, some good ones on adverts at the minute due to the new Nvidia range coming out.

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-pc-6800k-x99-no-gpu/16356335

Inquitus wrote: »
    This is a decent 2nd hand PC, at a decent price, use remaining money to buy a new or 2nd hand GPU, some good ones on adverts at the minute due to the new Nvidia range coming out.

yeah fitzgeme has some good stuff

while im here ima plug my pc it will run the games fine you might need to swap out the cpu for something better if he wants to stream

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/gaming-pc/16393993

• Registered Users Posts: 21 HyperPlayer

Will check thx a lot and I have all the other things just need a desktop

• Advertisement

Will check thx a lot and I have all the other things just need a desktop

dinopc isnt a bad site aswell they do some quality prebuilts

dinopc isnt a bad site aswell they do some quality prebuilts

I will check I looked at a pc I customised on cyberpower it was an Nzxt h500 a thx 1060 6gb single card and 8gb ddr4ram 3000mhz and a i5 8600k with other specs for about €1100 including shipping what do u think

I will check I looked at a pc I customised on cyberpower it was an Nzxt h500 a thx 1060 6gb single card and 8gb ddr4ram 3000mhz and a i5 8600k with other specs for about €1100 including shipping what do u think

you have alink?

you have alink?

I’m not sure I’m able to send links on this I’ll try

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The guys here speced my first PC here a few weeks ago and I ended up at €1080 and that included a monitor so it should cost you less seeing as you don't need that.

You'll see the thread in this forum if you search for it but I had a Ryzen 7 1700 and EVGA 1060 6GB.

• Advertisement

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Ultra-7-Elite-Gaming-PC

heres one i just made up idk if the link will work

yeah no the link doesnt give the customized version

A GTX1060 is going struggle to put out 100 fps on quite a few AAA games, its quite a long way off the most powerful GPU's out there

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The guys here speced my first PC here a few weeks ago and I ended up at €1080 and that included a monitor so it should cost you less seeing as you don't need that.

You'll see the thread in this forum if you search for it but I had a Ryzen 7 1700 and EVGA 1060 6GB.
    Is there a link to a website

A GTX1060 is going struggle to put out 100 fps on quite a few AAA games, its quite a long way off the most powerful GPU's out there

What do u think

Is there a link to a website

Just here on Boards. Here's the thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057911270/3/#post108164396

you built yours yourself though right?

everything gets more expensive when you get a prebuilt

wrong thread

i think https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057911270 thats the one you were talking about

you built yours yourself though right?

everything gets more expensive when you get a prebuilt

Haven't put it together yet and just waiting on the monitor to arrive from AddressPal but I have everything else here waiting patiently :pac:

I've watched loads of build videos on YouTube so I should be fine putting it together but my uncle can help if I run into any problems.

wrong thread

i think https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057911270 thats the one you were talking about

Yep that's it... I'll edit the original link now!!

Haven't put it together yet and just waiting on the monitor to arrive from AddressPal but I have everything else here waiting patiently :pac:

I've watched loads of build videos on YouTube so I should be fine putting it together but my uncle can help if I run into any problems.

ok i rephrase you will be building yours but hyper wants a prebuilt so that one will be more expensive because prebuilts are more expensive

• Advertisement

Couldn’t find the link srry

If was going to spend 1500 on a PC I would probably pick up fitzgeme's 2nd hand PC off adverts, linked above, and buy a 1080ti with the rest whether new or 2nd hand, its much better value than you could get pre-built and all you'd have to do is slot in the Graphics card which is easy for anyone to do.

*BASE_PRICE: [+724]
    BLUETOOTH: None Selected
    CAS: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Acrylic Side Panel
    CASUPGRADE: None Selected
    CD: None Selected
    CLOUD: None Selected
    COOL: None Selected
    COOL2: None Selected
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 - 8-Core 3.20GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo - 16MB L3 Cache Processor [-53]
    CS_FAN: Default Case Fan
    EXCD: None Selected
    EXPAN: Built-in USB Ports
    FAN: Deep Cool Gammaxx GT CPU Fan with RGB Lighting [+22]
    FLASHMEDIA: None Selected
    HD_M2PCIE: None Selected
    HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
    HOLIDAY1: Bullguard Internet Security 2018 for Windows PC with Game Booster! - 1 year - 3 User Licence [+0]
    HOMEINSTALL: None Selected
    INTERBROWSER1: Microsoft Edge Internet Browser (default with Windows 10) [+0]
    KEYBOARD: None Selected
    M2SSD: None Selected
    M2SSD2: None Selected
    MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3000mhz Dual Channel Memory [+71] (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)
    MONITOR: None Selected
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 Tomahawk: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 1x M.2 [+23]
    MOUSE: None Selected
    NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
    OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)
    PCABLE: None Selected
    POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W 80+ Gaming Power Supply [+8]
    RAID: None Selected
    RUSH: Standard Processing Time
    SLI_BRIDGE: None Selected
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None Selected
    SSD: 480GB Kingston SSDNow A400 SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+42] (1 Drive)
    TEMP: None Selected
    USB1: Built-in USB Ports [+0]
    VIDEO: MSI GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB - DX12®, VR Ready, HDMI, DVI, DP - 3 Monitor Support [+72] (Single Card)
    WARRANTY: DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 6 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support
    WNC: None Selected
    XWNA: TP-Link AC1300 Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter [+24]
    _PRICE: (+933)

ok i rephrase you will be building yours but hyper wants a prebuilt so that one will be more expensive because prebuilts are more expensive

I’ve watched lots of tuturials so do u think I could try to build it or stay pre built desktops

If was going to spend 1500 on a PC I would probably pick up fitzgeme's 2nd hand PC off adverts, linked above, and buy a 1080ti with the rest whether new or 2nd hand, its much better value than you could get pre-built and all you'd have to do is slot in the Graphics card which is easy for anyone to do.

i do agree with this man

I’ve watched lots of tuturials so do u think I could try to build it or stay pre built desktops

you and your son could build it 100 percent its not that hard

Plus's it looks great!!

*BASE_PRICE: [+724]
    BLUETOOTH: None Selected
    CAS: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Acrylic Side Panel
    CASUPGRADE: None Selected
    CD: None Selected
    CLOUD: None Selected
    COOL: None Selected
    COOL2: None Selected
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 - 8-Core 3.20GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo - 16MB L3 Cache Processor [-53]
    CS_FAN: Default Case Fan
    EXCD: None Selected
    EXPAN: Built-in USB Ports
    FAN: Deep Cool Gammaxx GT CPU Fan with RGB Lighting [+22]
    FLASHMEDIA: None Selected
    HD_M2PCIE: None Selected
    HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
    HOLIDAY1: Bullguard Internet Security 2018 for Windows PC with Game Booster! - 1 year - 3 User Licence [+0]
    HOMEINSTALL: None Selected
    INTERBROWSER1: Microsoft Edge Internet Browser (default with Windows 10) [+0]
    KEYBOARD: None Selected
    M2SSD: None Selected
    M2SSD2: None Selected
    MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3000mhz Dual Channel Memory [+71] (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)
    MONITOR: None Selected
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 Tomahawk: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 1x M.2 [+23]
    MOUSE: None Selected
    NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
    OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)
    PCABLE: None Selected
    POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W 80+ Gaming Power Supply [+8]
    RAID: None Selected
    RUSH: Standard Processing Time
    SLI_BRIDGE: None Selected
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None Selected
    SSD: 480GB Kingston SSDNow A400 SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+42] (1 Drive)
    TEMP: None Selected
    USB1: Built-in USB Ports [+0]
    VIDEO: MSI GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB - DX12®, VR Ready, HDMI, DVI, DP - 3 Monitor Support [+72] (Single Card)
    WARRANTY: DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 6 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support
    WNC: None Selected
    XWNA: TP-Link AC1300 Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter [+24]
    _PRICE: (+933)
    Looks alright

Plus's it looks great!!

Where’s the link to it and I’ll have a look how much is the 1080ti thx

• Advertisement

Where’s the link to it and I’ll have a look how much is the 1080ti thx