Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon double charges

Options
  • 03-10-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently made two separate purchases on Amazon.co.uk using my debit card. In my online banking statement it appears that I have been charged twice for each order.

Just wondering what the cause of this is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

I recently made two separate purchases on Amazon.co.uk using my debit card. In my online banking statement it appears that I have been charged twice for each order.

Just wondering what the cause of this is?

Hi Randall,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    I'd ask you to contact the retailer to see if they attempted these transaction twice.
    If they attempted the extra transactions and then cancelled or voided them they should automatically fall off your account once their bank fully processes them.
    It can take up to five working days for this to happen but would be fully automatic.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement