If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AKG K92 headphones

Options
  • 03-10-2018 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I was wondering if you could help me out. About a year ago I bought my missus a pair of the AKG K92 headphones and she absolutely loves them

The other day she had them around her neck on her way back from college and some scumbag tried to mug her. Thankfully the guy was so off his face on drugs he didn't put up much of a fight and just kinda ran off. Thing is,whatever way he grabbed my missus the prick ripped off one of the ear pads off her headphones.

Can these be replaced? Can I buy them from yourselves?

I've attached a picture of the headphones and the missing ear pad

Thanks guys in advance :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey guys

I was wondering if you could help me out. About a year ago I bought my missus a pair of the AKG K92 headphones and she absolutely loves them

The other day she had them around her neck on her way back from college and some scumbag tried to mug her. Thankfully the guy was so off his face on drugs he didn't put up much of a fight and just kinda ran off. Thing is,whatever way he grabbed my missus the prick ripped off one of the ear pads off her headphones.

Can these be replaced? Can I buy them from yourselves?

I've attached a picture of the headphones and the missing ear pad

Thanks guys in advance :)
    Hi discobeaker,

That's disgusting, I hope she's ok!

We don't actually stock the spare parts for them but I do have a number for AKGs spares line. If you call them and explain the situation they may be able to send you out a new ear pad for these? Their number is 01728 746400

Let me know how you get on with them and if you can't get anywhere give me a shout back and I'll see if there's any thing I can do for you on a new pair.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Hey David

Thanks for the reply mate. Thankfully she is ok. She used to train muai Thai years ago so she has a fair idea how to take care of herself,she was just shaken up by the whole thing.

Just tried that number you passed on,it's not ringing for some reason. Will try again tomorrow,maybe they have went home with it being near 6pm.

Hopefully we can get the ear cup cos she loves the headphones and she has stolen my pair to keep her happy. The headphones thankfully ain't damaged so are still working still :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Disco,

I agree with David and myself and David have just had a chat about this in the office - awful for your OH -  if you PM me your address and contact details we will send you guys a new pair of K92 free of charge. ( It is Friday after all)*

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

*Please note to all other Boardies -  for the record we are normally heartless cold commercial beasts and we don't even like tiny kittens or baby bambi deers - so no sob stories about your 75 "OLED getting nicked whilst your kitchen door was left open ;)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Disco,

I agree with David and myself and David have just had a chat about this in the office - awful for your OH -  if you PM me your address and contact details we will send you guys a new pair of K92 free of charge. ( It is Friday after all)*

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

*Please note to all other Boardies -  for the record we are normally heartless cold commercial beasts and we don't even like tiny kittens or baby bambi deers - so no sob stories about your 75 "OLED getting nicked whilst your kitchen door was left open ;)

Hi John, David and crew

Thank you so so so much for your amazing offer to help out the wife in her audio time of need.

We honestly do appreciate it but herself could not accept such a beautiful offer from you guys (me... I would eat your hand off... Her,she would feel super guilty in accepting it)

I've managed to find out that the ear pads for the k240 headphones seem to fit (according to a post on Reddit I think) so I think I'm going to try and get some new ear pads and fix these up for her :)

Once again guys,and I speak for my missus aswell,we truely appreciate your amazing gesture. And it's things like this that make me continue to buy from you guys cos you are truely an awesome company to deal with (I bought my project turntable from you guys afew years back and it was a pleasure)

Lots of love guys and thank you again

Chris & Juliane

Guys, we have one lonely pair left.... your name is on them..

Last chance ;)

It would make US feel good!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John & David
    ( Another happy couple)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Guys, we have one lonely pair left.... your name is on them..

Last chance ;)

It would make US feel good!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John & David
    ( Another happy couple)

Aww guys, you are truly awesome. Ok,could we at least pay half of the headphones. That way she will only feel half guilty haha.

'eh no...

I know she was only half mugged - but PM us yer fecking address and let us enjoy Friday :)

Buy all your electronics forever more and leave us a decent review somewhere and we will call it quits :)

Hope to chat soon..

Have a great Friday..

Keep us posted,

john Mc & Crew

'eh no...

I know she was only half mugged - but PM us yer fecking address and let us enjoy Friday :)

Buy all your electronics forever more and leave us a decent review somewhere and we will call it quits :)

Hope to chat soon..

Have a great Friday..

Keep us posted,

john Mc & Crew

Aww feck ya John... Check your PM's in afew moments and wherever you need the reviews left,just say.

But how's about this,you name a charity and I will pay the favour back and donate some cash to the charity of your choosing so then everyone has done a good deed

Chris

Perfect,

as a company we support the RNLI.. ( honestly don't worry about the review!)

Now everyone's a winner...

Chat soon,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Done and done as promised

Thank you once again guys. You are AMAZING!!

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Sorry to disturb you again. I was wondering if you could recommend me a set of speaker.

My set up is a project debut III, project phono box II, Sony F440E amp and a Sony TC KE200 cassette player. I might also be getting a Q Acoustic 1010i central speaker too from a friend but that's still up in the air

My speakers are absolutely rubbish and was looking to upgrade. Was wondering if you had any thoughts on either the q acoustics 3020,3020i or the concept 20 speakers.

I mostly listen to alternative 90s stuff like Weezer/Smashing Pumpkins/Nirvana. alt country like Ryan Adams/City and Colour/Silver Jews then on the other side I listen to weird japanese noise punk like the link below,

https://youtu.be/yc6BSH2uIe4

And sludge/Metal, Bands like The Melvins and Sunn O))) , so very heavy distorted guitars and fuzzy bass and very bass heavy drums.

I'm also big into my atmospheric instrumental stuff like God is an Astronaut.

So was wondering,in you guys expert opinion,what speaker would you recommend with my set up? I could probably buy the 3020's now but for the concepts and the 3020i's it might be another few weeks before I can buy. Is there much of a difference in sound for the extra cash in your opinion?

Chris :)

Hey guys,

Sorry to disturb you again. I was wondering if you could recommend me a set of speaker.

My set up is a project debut III, project phono box II, Sony F440E amp and a Sony TC KE200 cassette player. I might also be getting a Q Acoustic 1010i central speaker too from a friend but that's still up in the air

My speakers are absolutely rubbish and was looking to upgrade. Was wondering if you had any thoughts on either the q acoustics 3020,3020i or the concept 20 speakers.

I mostly listen to alternative 90s stuff like Weezer/Smashing Pumpkins/Nirvana.  alt country like Ryan Adams/City and Colour/Silver Jews then on the other side I listen to weird japanese noise punk like the link below,

https://youtu.be/yc6BSH2uIe4

And sludge/Metal, Bands like The Melvins and Sunn O))) , so very heavy distorted guitars and fuzzy bass and very bass heavy drums.

I'm also big into my atmospheric instrumental stuff like God is an Astronaut.

So was wondering,in you guys expert opinion,what speaker would you recommend with my set up? I could probably buy the 3020's now but for the concepts and the 3020i's it might be another few weeks before I can buy. Is there much of a difference in sound for the extra cash in your opinion?

Chris :)
    Hi Disco,

all the Q Acoustics will suit your listening tastes as whilst they are fairly accurate they do have a really extended bass and the gains ( unlike some manufacturers) are incremental - ie the 3020's are excellent but the 3020i's are significantly better and then when you step up to the Concept 20's you retail the excellent bass but gain an extended top (treble) end - however ( and this time the 'however' is good news) you just cannot ignore the value of the original 3020's now as they are just £119 / €139 ( The euro price includes shipping) - at that price you really just can't go wrong with the 3020's:

£: https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201179-graphite.aspx

€: https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201179-graphite.aspx?swapstore=1

We are just out of stock of the 3020 in the graphite finish  - but there is a large shipment of them due to us this week,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

The 3020's are absolutely incredible price indeed. I am very very tempted to go with them and when I have some extra spare cash,I might then think about going with the concept 20 or 3020i.

Could I pay you guys tomorrow for the normal 3020's and whenever stock arrives in could they be sent out? I'm in zero hurry for the speakers so absolutely no rush getting them out to me :)

Chris

No problem but there is no rush - Stock is back in the main warehouse so you can order online at your leisure.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Forgot to get back to you guys. Speakers and headphone arrived before the weekend ☺️

Thank you guys so so much.

You guys rock

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Forgot to get back to you guys. Speakers and headphone arrived before the weekend ☺️

Thank you guys so so much.

You guys rock

Chris
    Thanks for letting us know Discobreaker :D

Again cheers for the business.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.