Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I watch eir Sport online as a mobile customer?

Options
  • 03-10-2018 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'd like to watch the rugby on Eir sport but unfortunately Eir were not able to provide our house with broadband. I would be happy to switch my mobile to Eir if I could use the online streaming service. Is this possible as an Eir mobile customer or is it only available to Eir broadband customers? 
    I know there is an app for Eir mobile customers but as it is not castable it is not much use; it's hardly worth watching rugby on a small phone screen.
    Thanks,
    Emma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Emma,

If you avail of an eir mobile plan that comes with a free eir sport pack  then you can stream using the eir sport app on your mobile.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 6 howarde

Hi Sarah,

That does not answer my question.

I thought I was clear; the mobile app available to Eir mobile customers does not allow you to chromecast Eir sport. Therefore it is not any use if I want to watch rugby on my tv.

Please can you tell me if it is possible as an Eir mobile customer to use the online streaming service available at live.eirsport.ie ??

Thanks,
    Emma

Hi Emma,

Apologies as I thought I was clear in my response. It is only possible to view this through the eir sports pack on your phone.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Can you explain why this is the case?

I don't understand why Eir mobile customers are provided with a different app to Eir broadband customers (not chromecast compatible), and do not have access to the online live stream.

Given that Eir cannot provide broadband to my address, it is therefore impossible for me to watch Eir sport on my tv. This is a ridiculous situation.

Thanks,
    Emma

Hi Sarah,

Can you explain why this is the case?

I don't understand why Eir mobile customers are provided with a different app to Eir broadband customers (not chromecast compatible), and do not have access to the online live stream.

Given that Eir cannot provide broadband to my address, it is therefore impossible for me to watch Eir sport on my tv. This is a ridiculous situation.

Thanks,
    Emma

• Advertisement

I completely understand your frustration however you can sign up for eir sport as well as BT sports if you are an existing sky customer.

You can do this by clicking on the below link.

https://eirsport.ie/rugby

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    I completely understand your frustration however you can sign up for eir sport as well as BT sports if you are an existing sky customer.

You can do this by clicking on the below link.

https://eirsport.ie/rugby

Thanks,

Sarah
    I'm not a Sky customer.
    Why is there not an option to subscribe directly to the online streaming service?
    And why the distinction between mobile and broadband customers?

Our mobile and broadband are different services therefore require different apps.

We do not offer a live streaming service from non broadband customers as you're required to have eir broadband to avail of this.

I do apologise that we are unable to provide you with broadband and we will be sure to relay your feedback.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement