Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help To Buy Scheme

Options
  • 04-10-2018 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am hoping to buy a new house early next year, around February or March when they are released.

How long does the HTB approval expire? If so, how long does the approval last?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

It's until the end of the calendar year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Redgreenbin

Thanks!

So, just to clarify.. if we were to apply for the HTB and get approved in November it would expire by December? I am just making sure I have the information correct as we are meeting with the bank for the final time in January to apply for the mortgage and want to have all our ducks in a row, so to speak...

Would we be better off waiting until January to apply for HTB?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Saints#33

Little bit of advice please(and yes, I think I know the answer).

I've 13K help to buy approval.

I'm sale agreed on a house built in 2017 that was built on land by the owner of house next door. They let the house out for a few months while arranging a sale but I'm unsure if they registered etc.

Is there anyway I could use the H2B as part of my purchase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Saints#33 wrote: »
    Little bit of advice please(and yes, I think I know the answer).

I've 13K help to buy approval.

I'm sale agreed on a house built in 2017 that was built on land by the owner of house next door. They let the house out for a few months while arranging a sale but I'm unsure if they registered etc.

Is there anyway I could use the H2B as part of my purchase?

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Saints#33

Unfortunately not.

Yeah I thought as much, but it's mad as the house is essentially brand spanking new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Redgreenbin

Anyone know the answer to my question? :)

Thanks!

So, just to clarify.. if we were to apply for the HTB and get approved in November it would expire by December? I am just making sure I have the information correct as we are meeting with the bank for the final time in January to apply for the mortgage and want to have all our ducks in a row, so to speak...

Would we be better off waiting until January to apply for HTB?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thread about it here. People here will be able to help:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057658025

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

I'm looking to apply for HTB in Jan 2019, but I've been living abroad for much of the last four years so I haven't paid a shedload of Income tax.

I reckon in total for 2017-2018 I will have paid about 14,600e PAYE. House I'm buying is in 400k region, so 5% would be 20k in other words the max allowable for the scheme.

Does anyone know what percentage of your tax paid they will max give back? I.E would I qualify for 14,600 HTB Grant if approved? I'm assuming not.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

I'm looking to apply for HTB in Jan 2019, but I've been living abroad for much of the last four years so I haven't paid a shedload of Income tax.

I reckon in total for 2017-2018 I will have paid about 14,600e PAYE. House I'm buying is in 400k region, so 5% would be 20k in other words the max allowable for the scheme.

Does anyone know what percentage of your tax paid they will max give back? I.E would I qualify for 14,600 HTB Grant if approved? I'm assuming not.

Thanks

Advertisement