Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to close credit card / conflicting information

Options
  • 04-10-2018 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I want to close a credit card account. The bank of Ireland website says I can do this by calling into a branch. Link below :

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-accounts-personal-business-current-account/

However, the responses to similar questions here on boards.ie from BOI seem to suggest that I either have to post a letter (laughable) or call a very expensive 0818 phone number (disgraceful).

Before I waste my time driving into town and parking etc I would just like to know for sure that I can actually cancel the credit card in-branch as the above link says?

Thanks,

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

sflandango wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to close a credit card account. The bank of Ireland website says I can do this by calling into a branch. Link below  :

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-accounts-personal-business-current-account/

However, the responses to similar questions  here on boards.ie from BOI seem to suggest that I either have to post a letter (laughable) or call a very expensive 0818 phone number (disgraceful).

Before I waste my time driving into town and parking etc I would just like to know for sure that I can actually cancel the credit card in-branch as the above link says?

Thanks,

S.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    You can close a credit card by using any of the three methods that you have mentioned in your message.
    Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement