Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Might be the case since the people looking for him seem to have links to Kaminoan cloning company.

I reckon that's because they want to clone him , obviously they fail, but I wonder if he has survived will he appear in episode 9 ?

Seems strange to have a Yoda type being in the Galaxy and not have him involved in trying to take down Snoke , The Emperor and Ben Solo , Plus in the time line he would be older again ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I reckon that's because they want to clone him , obviously they fail, but I wonder if he has survived will he appear in episode 9 ?

Seems strange to have a Yoda type being in the Galaxy and not have him involved in trying to take down Snoke , The Emperor and Ben Solo , Plus in the time line he would be older again ,

I’m Thinking he might well be in IX too. He’d still only be 75 or thereabouts?

He’s a vehicle into a possible future trilogy and or tv series.

Little wonder it’s called the asset

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well if it is a cloned Yoda, they can do what they did with Boba Fett and slow down the ageing process...The unit his in could also be a cryogenesis unit as i previously stated

Its a brilliant idea , A whole new generation of Star wars will get a new " yoda " character , He will no doubt feature in future films just not sure if that will be the last of the sky walker ones or what ever trilogy comes after that,

Basically its money money money for the Franchise to have " Yoda " back even if its under a new name ,

Its a brilliant idea , A whole new generation of Star wars will get a new " yoda " character , He will no doubt feature in future films just not sure if that will be the last of the sky walker ones or what ever trilogy comes after that,

Basically its money money money for the Franchise to have " Yoda " back even if its under a new name ,

First of Rey’s new students maybe.

• Advertisement

First of Rey’s new students maybe.

I don' t think Rey will make it out of the next movie,

I don' t think Rey will make it out of the next movie,

Again the word asset.

No way they kill her off. Although it would be brave. Who knows.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Well if it is a cloned Yoda, they can do what they did with Boba Fett and slow down the ageing process...The unit his in could also be a cryogenesis unit as i previously stated

Well Yoda was what 900 and something so no need to slow down the ageing, I can see your idea working ,
    I guess that is the big question is he a clone or is he wanted to be cloned,

Well Yoda was what 900 and something so no need to slow down the ageing, I can see your idea working ,
    I guess that is the big question is he a clone or is he wanted to be cloned,

Oh. Maybe he was stolen from the guy in the cloner uniform by the gang? And he’s hired the Client/Herzog to get it back?

Not to mention this all could be tied into Palpatine and his return

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, are people actually estimating this might be Yoda? I had just presumed whatever race it's meant to belong to are born natural experts in the Force, basically making them nuclear weapons worth chasing. I'll give the show credit, it's a neat twist on the franchise's obsession with super weapons.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait, are people actually estimating this might be Yoda? I had just presumed whatever race it's meant to belong to are born natural experts in the Force, basically making them nuclear weapons worth chasing. I'll give the show credit, it's a neat twist on the franchise's obsession with super weapons.

Only Yoda related stuff I have heard is that it could be a clone not actually Yoda himself .

I could see a clone happening but then again it could also be just another member of his race ,

One thing for sure I can't see Disney being brave enough to have him killed off , which means he will surely be mentioned in episode 9 or at least in future movies,

Initially i was thinking same species, but after episode 2 i'm not sure...The whole Kaminoan cloning company looking for him has me confused:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Even if it is Yoda by genetics, it is not the Yoda we know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Yodas don't have an official name for their race, right? Feels like they're kept intentionally unknown, such that if one pops up it's a genuinely seismic event. Making it a clone IMO would ruin that sense of "holy shít, there's another one", though given the suspicion that scientist is part of the Kamino cloning planet, I'd say there are those wanting to make Yodas less rare.

The Yodas don't have an official name for their race, right? Feels like they're kept intentionally unknown, such that if one pops up it's a genuinely seismic event. Making it a clone IMO would ruin that sense of "holy shít, there's another one", though given the suspicion that scientist is part of the Kamino cloning planet, I'd say there are those wanting to make Yodas less rare.

Yodas species and planet of origin have never been revealed.
    That could change now? Or preserve the mystery and make it a clone.

How though. If it’s 50 actual yoda would still be around and no doubt would sense or be aware of its presence having just died when the baby was 45

The Yodas don't have an official name for their race, right? Feels like they're kept intentionally unknown, such that if one pops up it's a genuinely seismic event. Making it a clone IMO would ruin that sense of "holy sh there's another one", though given the suspicion that scientist is part of the Kamino cloning planet, I'd say there are those wanting to make Yodas less rare.

Ye I agree with you that's why although it possible it turns out to be a clone , I think it would make it better if its not a clone but the Kamino cloning guy dreams of cloning him,

Anyone else find it weird the Mandolrian wouldn't have heard of Yoda or the force ? We hear in the new movies that Luke Sky walker became a legend then would Yoda not have been part of these tales,, surely the the force was know throughout the galaxy ,

Didn't the Mandolrians have thousand of years of war with Jedi ?

He seemed to have no idea what happened ,

Ye I agree with you that's why although it possible it turns out to be a clone , I think it would make it better if its not a clone but the Kamino cloning guy dreams of cloning him,

Anyone else find it weird the Mandolrian wouldn't have heard of Yoda or the force ? We hear in the new movies that Luke Sky walker became a legend then would Yoda not have been part of these tales,, surely the the force was know throughout the galaxy ,

Didn't the Mandolrians have thousand of years of war with Jedi ?

He seemed to have no idea what happened ,

Yoda was only known to Obi-Wan and then Luke in the original series...The emperor thought he'd been killed by Order 66, so died with the Republic

Not weird when you consider JJ Abrams wrote that element; Episode VII was fan fiction, written to be an intentional Victory Lap for the franchise. I wouldn't take anything it proposes as the status quo as gospel.

Plus, when I was in college in 1999, I met people in Dublin who had never heard of Ian Paisley. Then you got Brexit. Ignorance of even the most basic current affairs is fairly rampant in our world, and the SW franchise feels a very low-tech, low education kind of place.

The empire had 30+ years of wiping out all knowledge of the Jedi and the republic.
    Hence Luke being a myth by TFA

I’ve a sneaky feeling you’re gonna see Luke in the mando at some point being given the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Asset = Cash cow for Disney if rolled out into future story lines

• Advertisement

Asset = Cash cow for Disney if rolled out into future story lines

Luke and Han disagree but here we are :)

Where/how did you get that suspicion? Maybe Im being tick but im interested in you insight

Where/how did you get that suspicion? Maybe Im being tick but im interested in you insight

The doctor in the first ep has a Kamino cloner logo on his sleeves. Seen in AOTC and clone wars series. Eagle eyed fans picked it out. Filoni wrote all th clone wars episodes. He’s involved with this.
    And his uniform is almost exactly like Galen Ersos in rogue one when the empire catch him.
    So like a science division. We just don’t know yet.

Luke and Han disagree but here we are :)

How many years have we gotten out of those lads in fairness. And
    Baby yoda
    would bring the sale of kinds of product units.

I now understand the feeling people got when they saw mogwai from gremlins in the 80's when it first came out. I didnt know what to do with my feelings lol

It was spotted by eagle eyed viewers elsewhere, that the badge on the shoulder of the scientist's tunic matched the logo of the Kamino (sp) cloning facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Baby Yoda just in time for Christmas!

Disney know there market well.

The doctor in the first ep has a Kamino cloner logo on his sleeves. Seen in AOTC and clone wars series. Eagle eyed fans picked it out. Filoni wrote all th clone wars episodes. He’s involved with this.
    And his uniform is almost exactly like Galen Ersos in rogue one when the empire catch him.
    So like a science division. We just don’t know yet.

I wouldn't have even seen that. I use to be interested in dissecting star wars related content but I guess Iv lost it :o

I wouldn't have even seen that. I use to be interested in dissecting star wars related content but I guess Iv lost it :o

From AOTC
    maxresdefault.jpg

Look at his sleeve

[img][/img]https://static2.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Header-The-Mandalorian-Pershing-Kamino-Clones.jpg

https://twitter.com/numidianprime/status/1194476747485536257?s=21

So is that ladladlad a clone?

• Advertisement

So is that ladladlad a clone?

Ehhhhh what?

All those kids are clones.

The doctor. We don’t know. But he’s connected to those that make clones

Advertisement