Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Disney splush?

I have a theory that Carl Weathers' character is a force projection that he's actually
    Obi Wan Kenobi because they're both "the only hope" in the star wars universe. Checkmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I have to ask, how do people know the Mandalorians?
    Like he went into the bar in new armour yet they knew it was him.
    True they probably recognised him from the fact he had that new armour but as they obviously don't all have colours/sigils.
    I'm guessing cosplayers will see an increase in Mandalorians, including that Heavy Infantry guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This is getting better and better each episode. I didn’t think this episode would happen until 5 or 6 in but they’ve raised the stakes now it seems. Flooded by that.

Again proves the point you’d get so much more enjoyment out of this if you’ve watched Clone wars.
    Loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Episode 3 was unreal and that theme music is absolutely fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So I have to ask, how do people know the Mandalorians?
    Like he went into the bar in new armour yet they knew it was him.
    True they probably recognised him from the fact he had that new armour but as they obviously don't all have colours/sigils.
    I'm guessing cosplayers will see an increase in Mandalorians, including that Heavy Infantry guy.

Well, he's the only one working as a bounty hunter for the guild that operates out of that bar. So, he'd be fairly easy to recognise. They seem to wear distinctive patterned armour too.

Also you see the guild leader communicate with him telling him to bring the asset straight to the client.
    He’s the guild leader. Every bounty hunter in the bar had tried or at least had a beacon on the asset. I would have told them mando succeeded no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Episode 3 was unreal and that theme music is absolutely fantastic

I didn't like the music at first, but its certainly growing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK so I wouldn't be a major Star Wars fan, just to get that out of the way :)

But having watched all the main films and Rogue One, I have to say I'm enjoying this a lot more than the last 2 headline movies. The tone and feel is already is a lot better than the bland CGI riddled, clunky dialogue infested prequels, and way ahead of anything from Disney so far except Rogue One which this reminds me of.

I agree with the idea that some fans are reading far too much into things. We've seen an hour. Let's just see where it goes? :)

EDIT : Haven't seen episode 3 yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Now that is the way! Great episode!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Just watched episode 3, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I absolutely love this show. Amazing. My wife is far more “meh” about it though.

You can just picture Ludwig Göransson turning to Deborah Chow and Jon Favreau

yes... hmmm..

for this episode which you have created...

you must bring me !!THE DRUMS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

This is top notch stuff. Best Star Wars since Return of the Jedi.

Disney don't seem to be that bothered about it being pirated. If you upload it to Google drive, it will convert for online playback. Other titles that were pirated were taken down immediately. I reckon Disney know this will be pirated and are nearly giving it away as a free trial. It is so good that they know people will sign up, when available for season two and other quality content, without the hassle of pirating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Episode 3 was simply bad ass.
    When the rest of the mandalores came and backed Mando up, the arse was on the edge of the sofa, doing the "air machinegun"

This episode makes the short running time much more palatable but I feel episodes 2 & 3 could be the one episode. I cannot wait for our trusty nerds to make a cut of this series so it makes either one entire movie or split into two parts or which ever may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Roar wrote: »
    I absolutely love this show. Amazing. My wife is far more “meh” about it though.

Maybe she hasn't got the rose-tinted glasses on?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

The only thing that annoyed me about the episode, and it's the same with all modern action sequences involving firefights in movies or TV, was the editing of it. The jerky camera, quick change in angles etc. It's annoying. Stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

My only problem with the episode was the cheesy salute at the end, It was completely unnecessary and took me out of the World.

Other then that it was another great episode, loved how Mando used every weapon in his arsenal to
    rescue the lil guy
    . They also continue to do a great job of conveying a lot through gestures and body language instead of dialogue and facial expressions.

So when he’s looking through the thermal imaging we hear the client tell the doctor something about the material and ‘I can’t protect you anymore’
    From who?
    I know we have
    imperials
    incoming so possibly them,
    But material? Little fellas DNA?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

That little green fecker has me hooked. I’ve a 5 month old in the house so maybe I’m overly emotional about protecting an infant but I reckon I’d kill everyone to save that baby Yoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He's 50 ffs!
    He can look after himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,885 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

My only problem with the episode was the cheesy salute at the end, It was completely unnecessary and took me out of the World.

Other then that it was another great episode, loved how Mando used every weapon in his arsenal to
    rescue the lil guy
    . They also continue to do a great job of conveying a lot through gestures and body language instead of dialogue and facial expressions.
    Star Wars is cheesy

That was a bit too USA or something

Real world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

That was a bit too USA or something

Real world

Stop moaning ffs.

:)

Shades of Iron Man 3 I thought.

• Advertisement

Regret even posting that. So tired of gender and race being shoe horned into every discussion.

Advertisement