Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Tony EH wrote: »
    The only major thing that was reshot...

Tony you’re ignoring reality here. Here’s Gilroy on it on his own words.
    It was an effin catastrophe
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-director-of-rogue-ones-mythic-reshoots-speaks-out-f-1825019244

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Can't put a coherent reason together for all the trackers going off once Mabdo makes off with the kid.

Mando was given some payment up front for going after the kid. Did the other bounty hunter's make the same deal?

Herzog gave Mando the tracker originally right?

Wombatman wrote: »
    Can't put a coherent reason together for all the trackers going off once Mabdo makes off with the kid.

Mando was given some payment up front for going after the kid. Did the other bounty hunter's make the same deal?

Think the client resent the code again. He or Carl weathers character told mando he’d hired all of the of hunters. And they’d all failed. So when mando robbed the kid back he just hit resend. So they all hit a group text kind of?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The tracking fobs are the only real issue I have with the show as it kinda dumb's down the entire bounty hunting profession to nothing more than chumps using the Star Wars version of Google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Tony you’re ignoring reality here. Here’s Gilroy on it on his own words.
    It was an effin catastrophe
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-director-of-rogue-ones-mythic-reshoots-speaks-out-f-1825019244

I'm not ignoring anything. Also, I've seen that article and I've heard the interview.

Gilroy is very vague as to what this "mess" was supposed to be and he doesn't state how much of the film he reshot. There are no details.

However, I guarantee you that it was nowhere near 80% as you've said. Because otherwise it would be his name on the director credit and not Gareth Edwards.

• Advertisement

The assholes have engaged and set sights on Star Wars again cos the film is coming. So expect more of the same anti woman anti inclusion anti everything in Star Wars in the coming weeks.

Somehow Kathleen Kennedy is directly responsible for ruining Star Wars but she isn’t responsible at all for Mandalorian being good...because they like it.

She’s the executive producer on it.
    Time to leave twitter.

https://twitter.com/firsttolastpod/status/1199032435368853504?s=21

Yeah that didn't add up for me either. Mando walks in no problem, but then the trackers go nuts on his way out? They all somehow knew that it was okay to pull a heist too.

Everyone saying it’s ahsoka or obi wan rescues the young mando from the battle droid when he’s in the bunker

What if it’s not

What if it’s Boba Fett?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Everyone saying it’s ahsoka or obi wan rescues the young mando from the battle droid when he’s in the bunker

What if it’s not

What if it’s Boba Fett?

Time line issues for it to be Boba. Mando, Luke, Han and Boba would be around the same generation if that was a super battle droid so it would be a very young Boba.

Maybe Boba's dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Time line issues for it to be Boba. Mando, Luke, Han and Boba would be around the same generation if that was a super battle droid so it would be a very young Boba.

Maybe Boba's dad?

Jango died before the Clone Wars started and as you mentioned Boba would still be a kid, not to mention neither of the Fett's were Mandalorian's or the helping people out for free types. Jedi would fit the timeline for sure but so far the show has a real low key down to earth vibe which Jedi don't really fit into.

My guess is it was a Mandalorian who saved the main character and that's how he ended up a "foundling" in the clan.

• Advertisement

Maybe Boba's dad?

Seige of mandalore.

Obi wan and ahsoka were there.

I’d say obi wan is a goer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

While I don't want to see any "Classic" characters in The Mandalorian I bet you are right. I bet the reveal very last scene of the very last episode of this season will be his flash back. Close up of him in the cellar in the dark. As the camera slowly moves in on him you see the light enter the cellar and a voice off screen saying: "Well hello there". Crash cut to credit sequence.

While I don't want to see any "Classic" characters in The Mandalorian I bet you are right. I bet the reveal very last scene of the very last episode of this season will be his flash back. Close up of him in the cellar in the dark. As the camera slowly moves in on him you see the light enter the cellar and a voice off screen saying: "Well hello there". Crash cut to credit sequence.

Well the clone wars series is now up on Disney plus and the final season (finally) coming in February. And Filoni is balls deep in both the mando and clone wars. Think it’s almost a certainty. Only question is ahsoka or obi wan. I think it’s too early to lock down the actress and look. She has a massive hardcore fanbase. They’re gonna he split no matter who gets picked for the role. But it’s on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I’m liking the sound of these other series your all talking about, any order in particular I need to watch them in? I’ve seen all the movies

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I’m liking the sound of these other series your all talking about, any order in particular I need to watch them in? I’ve seen all the movies

Ah man. Clone wars is essential. It seems like a big ask. 6 seasons. But the episodes are only 22 minutes each. And they add so much to the overall going forward and backward.
    Do a google on the viewing order though. They were somehow released all out of order so If you look up chronological order it will guide the way and it’s brilliant viewing.
    Adds so much to the Jedi and palpatines machinations and the force and state of play in the galaxy leading up to it all falling apart in revenge of the sith.. And you’ll get to meet so many new brilliant characters like Ahsoka.
    Clone wars was also Lucas baby. He was at the helm of all of it. Hard to believe but it’ll make the prequels a much more satisfying experience next time you watch them. You’ll have to take my word on that but it’s true.

I never warmed to Clone Wars. It feels like a children's show first and foremost. Might give it another shot sometime.

I never warmed to Clone Wars. It feels like a children's show first and foremost. Might give it another shot sometime.

Definitely has episodes like that. But overall through several different sort arcs it gets dark quite often. Much more of Palpatine grooming Anakin and the episodes about the clones and how the chips were put in them for order 66. It’s gets gritty and dark very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I haven't actually watched any of the clone wars apart from Gendy Tartakovski's excellent animated series but I hear good things.

I haven't actually watched any of the clone wars apart from Gendy Tartakovski's excellent animated series but I hear good things.

That’s a very different one. No longer canon I think? But it is good stuff too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apart from simply not having enough time in the day to watch every show under the sun, I just find the animated Star Wars to be ugly, rubbery beasts in the manner a lot of TV CGI cartoons tend to be. Not withstanding the intentionally younger slant of an open children's show anyway, I just can't get past the low-grade animation.

• Advertisement

I had that too but You get past that. Stories are just so good

Forgot to say within th context of the Mandalorian you learn all about Mandalore and their culture in clone wars. Really brings a lot more to the mando series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Dismissing Clone Wars as a children's show gives it a great disservice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Children's show or not, I find the aesthetics ugly and unappealing, so just not going to get past that one.

No more than one might hate a band because the singer's voice grates, a cartoon with ugly visuals is an immediate bust for me.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Dismissing Clone Wars as a children's show gives it a great disservice.

100% agree but it’s understandable that people are put off cos it’s animated. Once you dive in that goes away on my experience.

Also it’s pretty much the adventures of Anakin and obi wan. Fleshing out that tip of the iceberg storytelling genius line when obi wan tells Luke he fought with his father in the clone wars. And I came away liking Anakin a whole lot more after the series too. His character and his eventual fall are so much more fleshed out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pixelburp wrote: »
    Apart from simply not having enough time in the day to watch every show under the sun, I just find the animated Star Wars to be ugly, rubbery beasts in the manner a lot of TV CGI cartoons tend to be. Not withstanding the intentionally younger slant of an open children's show anyway, I just can't get past the low-grade animation.

It might just be worth hunting down a few of the key arcs, if you were watching the related Star Wars stuff later, or just because they're good.

S1 is fairly forgettable.
    Episodes 19-21 touch a little bit on some later stuff you see in novels and the show Rebels (it's about Ryloth, the home of the Twi-Leks, and Hera from Rebel's da is involved in the story) and are decent.

After that, you can't go too far wrong as long as you avoid the Jar Jar or Droid episodes (which are the really kiddy ones).

The episodes broadly related to the Mandalorian (in that they take place on or around Mandalore) are,
    S2 E12,13,14,
    S3 E5,6,12,13,14,
    S4 E14,21,22
    S5 E1,14,15,16

The Mandalore storyline is going to be finished off with the siege of Mandalore arc that's due to be released soonish, with them deciding to finish the last few episodes they had planned for the cancelled s6 and 7.

100% agree but it’s understandable that people are put off cos it’s animated. Once you dive in that goes away on my experience.

Also it’s pretty much the adventures of Anakin and obi wan. Fleshing out that tip of the iceberg storytelling genius line when obi wan tells Luke he fought with his father in the clone wars. And I came away liking Anakin a whole lot more after the series too. His character and his eventual fall are so much more fleshed out

Not put off cos it's animated, I'm put off 'cos it's badly animated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Cheers folks I have a six year old who’s mad into the Lego Star Wars stuff at the moment so hopefully the likes of the clone wars will be perfect for us both to watch, Ive been letting him watch too much rick and morty lately so need an alternative before mammy finds out!

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Cheers folks I have a six year old who’s mad into the Lego Star Wars stuff at the moment so hopefully the likes of the clone wars will be perfect for us both to watch, Ive been letting him watch too much rick and morty lately so need an alternative before mammy finds out!

Have you watched the freemaker adventures? The Star Wars Lego animated series? I haven’t but I’m told it’s hilarious and aimed directly at kids that age and younger. But loads of gags for mam and dad too.

Give this a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

They also did the new force of destiny which didn't to good at all.

I'm with pixelburp on the animation aspect of things but imagine getting the clone wars or rebels in a live-action series like the Mandalorian. This would be sensational and without a doubt work in disneys favor.

• Advertisement

Those two series are intended for a slightly younger audience. And it’s worked. There’s an entire generation and that their Star Wars.

Forces of destiny is literally for 4-5 year olds. It’s not aimed in any way at anyone else. The outraged reaction to it from that certain demographic was hilarious and embarrassing. Complaining it was too kiddish. It was literally made for little kids. Same with resistance.

Advertisement