Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Porgs lose simply cos there’s tens of thousands of them. BY is an adorable bundle of one :)

But there is one porg on one of the the international posters so presumably that one chewie made friends with is still on the falcon.

Down on the left

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-german-poster.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-11-21-at-12.44.28-PM.png

Porgs lose simply cos there’s tens of thousands of them. BY is an adorable bundle of one :)

But there is one porg on one of the the international posters so presumably that one chewie made friends with is still on the falcon.

Down on the left

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-german-poster.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-11-21-at-12.44.28-PM.png

Jesus looking at that poster really makes you realise how most of those characters are barely developed. Kylo Ren is carrying this trilogy so far.

Jesus looking at that poster really makes you realise how most of those characters are barely developed. Kylo Ren is carrying this trilogy so far.

Trouble with ensemble casts. Only Kylo and Rey dynamic is important anyways. And he can act.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I wonder are they going to do anything interesting with our Donie Hux this time, maybe have him humiliated and bossed around by Palpatine rather than Snoke and Ren?

I wonder are they going to do anything interesting with our Donie Hux this time, maybe have him humiliated and bossed around by Palpatine rather than Snoke and Ren?

Far more likely to be Grants character. General Pryde

star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-08.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Trouble with ensemble casts. Only Kylo and Rey dynamic is important anyways. And he can act.

When it's done well, a moive with a large cast can be amazing as can be seen with the various Avengers movies, where even new characters added in a particular movie like Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision get to shine. A weak script on the other hand, lets actors down no matter how good they are as can be seen in the current Star Wars movies by giving them nothing to work with. The prequels suffered from the exact same thing but at least with those films, the over arching story was decent.

Yeah I know. I don’t think the ensemble aspect worked for rogue one either but it had some good characters that carried the whole.

To be fair avengers isn’t really a fair comparison. All those characters had their own movies, some of them multiple movies, to get to know them. Not really the case here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It has nothing to do with ensemble casts. It's the writing. They are poorly written from the beginning. Not one of them makes the slightest bit of sense.

Yeah George’s plan for the sequel trilogy all about the midchlorians and the whills communicating through force music would have so much more sense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Considering Lucas was responsible for the prequels, you won't see me trying to say his writing would have been any better.

That doesn't let the shite writing of the sequels off the hook though.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Considering Lucas was responsible for the prequels, you won't see me trying to say his writing would have been any better.

That doesn't let the shite writing of the sequels off the hook though.

Not sure what to think of it but they consulted him for this last one.
    Looks like Palpatine was Lucas endpoint for his trilogy too

Lucas had "enough material for three earlier films and three later films, to make a total of nine, and there were outlined materials certainly for a later three that culminated with this big clash with the Emperor in Episode IX."

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/star-wars/64792/star-wars-episode-ix-how-george-lucas-helped-with-the-rise-of-skywalker

Yeah I know. I don’t think the ensemble aspect worked for rogue one either but it had some good characters that carried the whole.

To be fair avengers isn’t really a fair comparison. All those characters had their own movies, some of them multiple movies, to get to know them. Not really the case here

The reason I listed the Avengers movies was due to there massive cast they were still so well done no one felt like they were short-changed in screen time which is so not the case in the current Star Wars films. There is also the case when the characters I listed in the post above, are so well written that they still come across as very rounded characters even tho they only showed up in Age of Ultron.

Mileage may vary I guess. They were all good characters performed well almost entirely but forgettable stories mostly. Endgame couldn’t Have And didn’t live up to expectation but Tony’s exit was great. All I can really remember about it. And spidey coming back. Got a bit misty eyed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Episode 4 now that was some fun action and directed by Bryce Dallas Howard

Damm I want a cute Baby Yoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Enjoyed Episode 4 as well. Barely felt the time go.
    It did feel a bit rushed in getting to the whole "show the village how to fight" and "villager falls for the hero". That is usually something done ina feature length medium like Three Amigos.
    But I would be a bit wary of the woman falling for Mando. She seemed interested in him from the start when all she knew was he was a mercenary and had a kid. So she's clearly just attracted to shiny things.
    Nice to see Gina Carano. I like her in anything I've seen her in, but think Ronda kinda stole her thunder in trying to crossover.
    So they were in the village a few weeks, yet it seemed like it was only the next day.
    How do the fobs actually work? It seems a target is given and all the fobs can track them. Yet don't think it's been explained how they track them.
    Did they just say he wasn't originally Mandalorian?
    And the helmet rule clearly doesn't apply in Rebels

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It did feel a bit rushed in getting to the whole "show the village how to fight" and "villager falls for the hero". That is usually something done ina feature length medium like Three Amigos.
    But I would be a bit wary of the woman falling for Mando. She seemed interested in him from the start when all she knew was he was a mercenary and had a kid. So she's clearly just attracted to shiny things.
    Nice to see Gina Carano. I like her in anything I've seen her in, but think Ronda kinda stole her thunder in trying to crossover.
    So they were in the village a few weeks, yet it seemed like it was only the next day.
    How do the fobs actually work? It seems a target is given and all the fobs can track them. Yet don't think it's been explained how they track them.

Another cracking episode of the Baby Yoda show. I'm really digging the whole western vibe the show is going with.

The bounty fobs are stating to become a real weak point in the show and a macguffin that needs to be addressed. The Mandalorian's in Clone Wars/Rebels were pre-fall so new rules maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Looking forward to watching Ep4 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think Star Wars series are legally mandated to do
    a remake of Seven Samurai
    Before your man showed up, I was wondering how the fob was supposed to work, because it seemed obvious they would ultimately track him down.

I suppose there could be some factors that disrupt it, like distance, environment or whatever, that made him think he was off the beaten track enough to hide for 6 months or so. Doesn't explain why he wanted to leave him there long term though.

It's vague enough to be hand waved away, I suppose.

I think maybe it's down to a particular tribe, or period. Sabine isn't a randomer. She's the daughter of the leader of her clan. The ones in the Mandalorian seem to be either survivors of the siege or those taken in by them.

Really enjoyed that. And the shift in tone. But
    how in gods name could he assume he could leave the kid there? He must have known there’d be many other hunters tracking the kid? That just didn’t make sense given what came before.

Other Than that. Loved the development of the mando and kids relationship. Subtle rather than overbearing.

I’m still of the belief the kid is playing him like yoda did Luke when they first meet. Mischievous.
    He’s acting all toddler cos it suits him. He’s probably all wisened and able to take care of himself with the force when it really comes to it and we’re yet to see it.

What’s the expression?

Isn’t as green as she is cabbage lookin

If
    you watched clone wars those episodes of Anakin and obi wan training and teaching Saw Gerrera and his small band of rebels how to fight back will have come straight to mind watching this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Gina Carano fine as hell !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Was that a Loth-cat?

Relikk wrote: »
    Was that a Loth-cat?

Incidental. Littered across rebels and I think clone wars

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: That was alright. Didn't have the umf of the previous episodes.
    Did a nice intro to Gina Carano and built up the bond with the kid though.

Music Still Rockin!

Whoever came up with the idea for the Child must be due a raise. And they clearly knew what they had when the cast and crew reacted the way they did and I believe all episodes are finished without overdoing things. I'd say if this was like regular network series where episodes are made as the season goes on, they would try and shoehorn in more of The Child based on the reaction.

And for this week's episode
    messing with the buttons was funny. Just him watching Mando as he did it after being told not to.

messing with the buttons

That scene was priceless!

Whoever came up with the idea for the Child must be due a raise. And they clearly knew what they had when the cast and crew reacted the way they did and I believe all episodes are finished without overdoing things. I'd say if this was like regular network series where episodes are made as the season goes on, they would try and shoehorn in more of The Child based on the reaction.

messing with the buttons was funny. Just him watching Mando as he did it after being told not to.

Highlight for me was Baby Yoda
    just chilling out slurping his soup while Mando and Cara were kicking the crap out of each other
    :cool:

Do you think he would be as popular if it wasn't a puppet and was cgi instead? I don't think he would. Think the puppet makes it more realistic.

Could they combine the two.. actually they probably all ready are combining the two for all I know.

Whatever the change, it's almost so very there.

• Advertisement

Yeah it would be partially cgi when they need to. They did the same with The Dark Crystal. cgi only when necessary.

Advertisement