Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Katee Sackhoff reportedly will play Bo-Katan Kryze, the Mandalorian she previously voiced on Star Wars: Rebels and then Star Wars: Clone Wars

https://tvline.com/2020/05/12/the-mandalorian-season-2-katee-sackhoff-bo-katan/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I had no idea she played that character that’s cool

Hopefully that gets people to check out the clone wars

Most of this cast list has been confirmed at this stage but check out the characters

https://twitter.com/jjmeath2377/status/1260248936209661953?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 86,500 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Timothy Olyphant joins

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If he's not playing a space cowboy, I'll be deeply surprised. Man must have no trouble being slightly typecast, while his conic timing is pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember watching Deadwood and it took me a while to realise he was the dude from Scream 2.

Reckon he’s playing cad bain

Badass Cowboy type villain from the clone wars

• Registered Users Posts: 11,000 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Now just cast the rest of Justified as well and I'll be a happy camper. Some seriously good actors in that show.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Is there anyone watching the gallery show about the making of this series apparently it’s fantastic

Kind of like a five for dinner formatt just sitting around a table discussing the series and the decisions made

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Now just cast the rest of Justified as well and I'll be a happy camper. Some seriously good actors in that show.

Easily one of the best shows of the last 10 years, period. Olyphant and Walton Goggins were a fantastic pair, the latter a great villain.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

pixelburp wrote: »
    Easily one of the best shows of the last 10 years, period. Olyphant and Walton Goggins were a fantastic pair, the latter a great villain.

Their scenes together on Justified were always top notch... Their final scene together in particular was such a great way to close out their arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Loved the "Next One’s Coming Faster" scene, and having to
    explain it to the cops/FBI/whoever it was later.

Varik wrote: »
    Loved the "Next One’s Coming Faster" scene, and having to
    explain it to the cops/FBI/whoever it was later.

We're re-watching it ATM cos the wife had never seen it; it's on Amazon Prime. Not all that long past that moment, was kinda awesome. Goddamn Wynn Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone watch the 3rd behind the scenes discussion thing yet, they did the actors this time.

There's a Pascal story in it that's funny as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Great series overall, apart from the villagers episode which I thought was fairly cack.

The behind the scenes series is a good idea but why did they let Dave Filoni kiss George Lucas's ass so much towards the end of the second one? It's just this monologue in which he goes to great lengths to tell us how the Duel of the Fates scene from Phantom Menace wasn't just a great scene because it kicked ass but that it's the centrepiece of the whole Star Wars story and isn't George a genius for doing this etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'The Baby Yoda Show' returns for its second season on October 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yo ho . Looking forward to it. Going to be in competition against Star Trek Discovery season 3 as well which will be out in 6 weeks time
    So lots to watch.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Is that Sasha Banks in the hooded robe? It looks a lot like her. Her chin is a dead giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Relikk wrote: »
    Is that Sasha Banks in the hooded robe? It looks a lot like her. Her chin is a dead giveaway.

It is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wow can't wait. Looks like it'll be tightly focused on the core little & large relationship, like Moone Boy or something:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

It is.

Had no idea she would in this and it seemed to come out of nowhere. Some people seem to think she could be playing Sabine Wren (her penchant for colourful hairdos would strongly support that), but at the point in the video at which she features the dialogue is referencing Jedi. Interesting.

A testiment to the nature of this year that I swear season 1 only came out a couple of months ago :rolleyes:

Looks as high budget as last year but I do hope there's a bit more story and plotting this time, and less arsing about for three or four episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm expecting an equal amount of arsing around tbh.

I don't mind the arsing, so long as the stories within try to keep good forward momentum & the pitstops kinda relevant. Couple of episodes in Season 1 just left me with a distinct "what the hell was the point in all that?"

I remember discussing/arguing over the merits of this archaic structure last year, and seems some didn't mind it so much. The prison ship episode was a good example of that once-off structure done well, the forest-village one the opposite. More of the former would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the main problem with the village episode was it's the type of episode that might've worked better down the line. But here it was to introduce Gina Carano's character.

It reminds me of an episode of Dollhouse in season 1 where people lost their memories or reverted to an earlier time. It was an episode that might've worked later on but when we barely even knew the characters, we just didn't care enough for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't mind the arsing, so long as the stories within try to keep good forward momentum & the pitstops kinda relevant. Couple of episodes in Season 1 just left me with a distinct "what the hell was the point in all that?"

I remember discussing/arguing over the merits of this archaic structure last year, and seems some didn't mind it so much. The prison ship episode was a good example of that once-off structure done well, the forest-village one the opposite. More of the former would be nice

It got some stick for that last October, so maybe the producers will tighten up the running of the ship this time. Personally, I thought that the "forest-village" episode was the worst. That Seven Samurai gig is really old hat at this stage.

It may be due to the lack of content this year, but that trailer really has me looking forward to S2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Episode 1 due to drop bright n early tomorrow yeah?

Advertisement