Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    What's the next stop on Mando's journey?

S1Ep8 he was told to find the Child's home and people.
    S2E1 he started looking for other mandalorians and found the marshall, who's a dead end.

What now?

The titles of the forthcoming episodes, should you be so inclined to look them up depending on your regard for spoilers, give a decent idea of what's to come.
    Is 'weequay' a species rather than an individual though?

Yes, they're a species.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

mando doesn't care about fauna does he

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, you're right. Saw the name on imdb so thought it was his actual name and not the species

Kinda weird he refers to him as "weequay" seeing as he's known the barkeep for a while as can be seen in the flash-back. Also, the barkeep is in the exact same costume as one can be seen wearing in ROTJ so maybe just easy fan service for casual fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they're like Toads in Mario or Pokémon where they're just called by their species. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

I think I probably enjoyed that episode more than any of the recent trilogy movies. Although that wouldn't be hard. It was very good anyway. Timothy Olyphant was a great addition.

It works much better with hour long episodes. They should keep that even if it means having maybe one less episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Skerries wrote: »
    Timothy Olyphant who was a Marshall in Justified
    is a Marshall again in this and also currently a Marshall in the latest season of Fargo
    At least he mixed it up and was a Sheriff in 'Deadwood'.

What was that circular thing the sand people found in the carcass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

What was that circular thing the sand people found in the carcass?

A Krayt Dragon Pearl (had to look it up myself)...

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Krayt_dragon_pearl/Legends

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Entertaining episode, even if it didn't feel like a standard season opener either; it could have easily sat in the middle of a run, with its boilerplate "A Team" structure used from last year. Timothy Olyphant effectively playing Raylan Givens was a good addition, and damn if the money and technology isn't up there on the screen.

Still, bloody Tatoinne. If we never visit that planet again it'll be way too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Entertaining episode, even if it didn't feel like a standard season opener either; it could have easily sat in the middle of a run, with its boilerplate "A Team" structure used from last year. Timothy Olyphant effectively playing Raylan Givens was a good addition, and damn if the money and technology isn't up there on the screen.

Still, bloody Tatoinne. If we never visit that planet again it'll be way too soon.

At the very least they could go to maybe the other side of the planet, and not just "near enough Mos Eisley that we can namedrop it without actually visiting it"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope they keep the longer episode lengths. ~30mins was waaay too brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thought that was a really disappointing episode. As a fan of Justified and Deadwood, I was so excited to see Timothy Olyphant, but this was such a lame use of him. I hope his character gets a more compelling story at some point.

Also, didn't we have an episode like this last season? Mando kills a big bad monster for the locals and then gets to move on? Lazy to use such a formulaic, filler episode as a season opener. It was at least 10 minutes too long too. It started to get boring as they dragged out the final confrontation.

Speaking of which, I didn't care for our hero blowing to bits an innocent creature. This is the chap who hadn't the heart to kill baby Yoda, but has no qualms about turning a Bantha into a feckin' bomb? Was there really no other way, Mando? Star Wars universe needs its own version of PETA.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Thought that was a really disappointing episode. As a fan of Justified and Deadwood, I was so excited to see Timothy Olyphant, but this was such a lame use of him. I hope his character gets a more compelling story at some point.

Also, didn't we have an episode like this last season? Mando kills a big bad monster for the locals and then gets to move on? Lazy to use such a formulaic, filler episode as a season opener. It was at least 10 minutes too long too. It started to get boring as they dragged out the final confrontation.

Speaking of which, I didn't care for our hero blowing to bits an innocent creature. This is the chap who hadn't the heart to kill baby Yoda, but has no qualms about turning a Bantha into a feckin' bomb? Was there really no other way, Mando? Star Wars universe needs its own version of PETA.
    You could really see that poor Bantha knew it was going to be an explosive dinner as well and really did not want to be shacking its head. Surly a rocket or two down the sand dragons mouth would have the job. I agree the episode was a bit long. 40 to 45 mins would be plenty. It was an ok episode but too long for what it was.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It didn't look to me much like there was time for suggestions on another way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wonder is the show a little too in love with the budget and tech at its disposal. Ordinarily other shows wouldn't have the budget to spend on all those interstitial vistas, and momentary shots of Mando just flying his speeder. Necessity breeding creativity and a punchier tale; here there's no upper limit so the director is free to add as much as they like. I'd say you could cut 10 minutes from the episode and not lose any pacing - in fact you'd probably gain some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Wow people just really like to complain about everything.

A CGI sand shark that was killing people needs rehabilitation now , for the love of god

The show looks too good !, the story teller is getting to take his time telling the story ! the visuals (which are stunning) are too indulged.

I really really like this show , I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and all the nods to other westerns within. I like the longer run time , this show is a luxurious meal and should be savoured not rushed like a fast food burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Showed up in my YouTube recommendations. Interesting video showing how they film the show

This is very interesting, didn't know this could be done. It looks fantastic. I genuinely thought they were on location somewhere

Really enjoyed that episode

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was a bit meh about it to be honest.

Ok so the effects were fantastic, it had a real feel of something made for the cinema about it.

But again I found it a bit like a filler, very similar to the episode in series 1 when he went off to help the villagers. And it seems LONG. Too long I'd say.

I also did a bit of an eyeroll when it mentioned Tatooine. It's like it's being played for nostalgic reasons to try to excite the viewing public of old SW heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Wow people just really like to complain about everything.

A CGI sand shark that was killing people needs rehabilitation now , for the love of god
    what about the poor Banthas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Don't know if this has been shared, but I thought it was fantastic
    https://youtu.be/aQIcZbzr9Wk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been shared, but I thought it was fantastic
    https://youtu.be/aQIcZbzr9Wk

Really excellent.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Really excellent.

If you liked that, but haven't listened to the Black Panther episode of Song Exploder, I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

What time are the episodes usually available in Ireland on Disney +?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Doyler99 wrote: »
    What time are the episodes usually available in Ireland on Disney +?

Last week's was 7 a.m., don't know if that's standard practice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would be 8 this week as clocks changed there last weekend. Assuming it's the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Baby Yoda is a hungry little thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

That was some transition from tedium to absolute terror

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.2: Decent episode! Spiders! Why'd it have to be spiders! *shudder* Cannot lie, my last words watching that were 'You little b******' when he was eatin another one! Cool to see Dave Filoni reprising his X-Wing pilot role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Anyone know when season 2 actually starts? :rolleyes:

There are 6 episodes to go and it feels like we've had the absolute bare minimum of story this season.

Advertisement