Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ixoy wrote: »
    I dunno. Most of the popular TV shows (in terms of ratings), are procedural shows where there's not a huge amount spent on character developments or narrative arcs. 'The Mandalorian' can tap into this if it continues having enjoyable pieces like this. I mean, at least within the films, I don't really think Star Wars has ever bothered hugely with strong stories or characters. Maybe it's different within the animated series, which I've not yet seen.

I've not watched the animated series myself either but from what I've seen they seem to be more ensemble based with a wider story going on within them. I agree that yes, Star Wars has never really had much deep story but that's down to its origin as a blockbuster movie and goto Joseph Campbell monomyth example. Kinda hard to backfill serialised drama into that space - but as with the cartoons, plenty of the books and comics managed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did the frogs only have one child?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

did the frogs only have one child?
    Maybe there was more going to hatch but it only showed one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

AMKC wrote: »
    Maybe there was more going to hatch but it only showed one.

Or maybe it's like IVF: you have to fertilise loads of embryos but only get one baby at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Or maybe it's like IVF: you have to fertilise loads of embryos but only get one baby at the end

Ye maybe. No wonder they are nearly extinct.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think they were nearly extinct. I think it was just their bloodline would've ended

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

The Mandalorian Makes Up For Baby Yoda Eating Frog Lady's Eggs
    Viewers have been divided over Baby Yoda snacking on Frog-Lady's eggs in The Mandalorian - but episode 3 has made it less horrifying.

"Fortunately, The Mandalorian season 2, episode 3 does a decent job of fixing the problem of Baby Yoda snacking on these unfertilized eggs. Frog-Lady is able to find her husband, and he clearly successfully fertilizes one of the eggs, because one scene shows the couple gazing adoringly at their new child. Significantly, though, only one of the eggs has been fertilized. It seems this species' reproduction involves the female producing a large number of eggs, but the male is only able to fertilize a single one. It's possible this is a defense mechanism against a hostile environment on the aliens' homeworld, with predators hunting for the eggs as a delicacy."

Disney Banks On Baby Yoda Eats Eggs Controversy

A toy/collectable !!??

baby-yoda-eats-eggs-funko.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Viewers have been divided over Baby Yoda snacking on Frog-Lady's eggs in The Mandalorian - but episode 3 has made it less horrifying.

"horrifying"

tenor.gif

WTF is wrong with some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I was wondering whether Yoda's species were marsupial, but seeing the Hutt and Wampas are too it might be bit samey. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Marsupial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This week's outrage is how the female mandalorians armour is shaped around their boobs and not a flat piece of armour like its "supposed" to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

PsychoPete wrote: »
    This week's outrage is how the female mandalorians armour is shaped around their boobs and not a flat piece of armour like its "supposed" to be

'The armourer' doesn't have armour that is fitted around her boobs but she is an older woman hence unattractive to the men living in their mammy's basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

PsychoPete wrote: »
    data.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

cloudatlas wrote: »
    'The armourer' doesn't have armour that is fitted around her boobs but she is an older woman hence unattractive to the men living in their mammy's basement.

It was feminists that were losing their sh!t over it, making a problem out of nothing as usual

It was Anita Sarkeesian who pointed it out. But as was pointed out to her, it's similar to the Clone Wars/rebels source material.
    Anyway, I would pay it no heed.

Though not finding Emily Swallow, who plays the Armourer and Supernatural's Amara, attractive is something to be concerned about. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So by "feminists" we mean one noted, outspoken online figure who probably smelt an easy path to some further publicity / notoriety. This is the first time I've even read anything about the armour causing "outrage" - so TBH more fool ye lot for spreading it and adding oxygen to a non issue :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    So by "feminists" we mean one noted, outspoken online figure who probably smelt an easy path to some further publicity / notoriety. This is the first time I've even read anything about the armour causing "outrage" - so TBH more fool ye lot for spreading it and adding oxygen to a non issue :)

We need to rectify this by the costume department putting massive bulging cod pieces on the men's armour. Oh suits you Sir!

Sure just make Mando dress like Sean Connery in Zardoz but with a helmet.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure just make Mando dress like Sean Connery in Zardoz but with a helmet.

Oh suits you Sir, suits you!

Ones complaining will be really happy when Boba's sister, Booba shows up.

Ok, I'll stop before I give away the plot to one of those pr0n parodies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It was Anita Sarkeesian who pointed it out. But as was pointed out to her, it's similar to the Clone Wars/rebels source material.
    Anyway, I would pay it no heed.

Though not finding Emily Swallow, who plays the Armourer and Supernatural's Amara, attractive is something to be concerned about. :)

Sarkeesian also tried to drum up outrage over the very first episode of the show, not having any women with big speaking parts until it was pointed out the Armourer not only had one but played a major character in the show. Then like always she ran away crying "victim". I expect her to pop back up when Cyberpunk 2077 drops and her having some issue with that game again!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not sure Mando would notice the attire of the females. Has there ever been a more asexual protagonist in a high profile show in modern times? The closest I can recall him having any kind of romantic interest was that mother he met last season in the village when he was thinking of leaving Baby Yoda there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The latest episode was gaining a lot of hype online so I was dissapointed to see how short it was when I flicked it on. Great compact episode, and beautifully shot, but felt very short and it would have been cool so see more of the Mandalorians. Hopefully they'll come back, which is possible as they are tied up with the same guy that has the Black Saber. I got a good kick out of the facehugger nod with Baby Yoda :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Cool episode visually, very tight/compact so the 30m run-time didn't feel much shorter than the 2 previous episodes, favourite part was the Mon Calamari lad at the docks wearing an aran jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Does it bother anyone else or is there some reason as to why when the ship they are on is at an 80 degree angle, nobody falls over or are really affected at all. They are all just pretty much standing upright.

What's the right way up in space? Artificial gravity or something in play. I guess could also ask how everyone is always the right way up? Like you never see one ship upside down relative to another. Maybe using artificial horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

What's the right way up in space? Artificial gravity or something in play. I guess could also ask how everyone is always the right way up? Like you never see one ship upside down relative to another. Maybe using artificial horizon?

They werent in space though, still in the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

GreeBo wrote: »
    They werent in space though, still in the atmosphere.

Ye but what kind of an atmosphere :cool:

What keeps them in place in space keeps them in place in the atmosphere I assume.

• Advertisement

It's midichlorians; at first, I typed this as a joke but then I thought - why not? That perhaps in the Star Wars universe, "magic" is one of the fundamental forces of the universe alongside gravity, electromagnetism etc. It'd explain so much like the above, or how user interfaces appear to be intuitive based rather than text. That the force is just an especially potent form of the resting level of magic that threads through the universe; so everyone can pick up some baseline etc.

Advertisement