Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Am I the only one who thinks they are setting up a possible appearance by Luke in season 3 . By seasons end Mando will have gotten Grogo to the planet Ashoka mentioned, Grogo will reach out through the force and we'll cut to Sebastian Stans Luke opening his eyes * cue credits*

It just felt like Ashokas " there aren't many Jedi left" was tailored to make us think of the only other Jedi we know is alive at this point. Granted they've left things vague enough that if its someother random jedi its not contradicting anything .

Mace Windu would be my guess.

But you’re right - it’s set up for a big reveal of a returning character.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Roar wrote: »
    Mace Windu would be my guess.

But you’re right - it’s set up for a big reveal of a returning character.

Bridger? If Thrawn is back then surely he is too? That would make sense to me given the involvement of Ahsoka and Bo-Katan...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Thrawn basically re-kick started Star Wars in the early 90's with the Expanded Universe books.

So yes he would very big deal to a lot of fans.

Just finished listening to the audiobook of Heir to the Empire a week ago . Still a great read/listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

molloyjh wrote: »
    Bridger? If Thrawn is back then surely he is too? That would make sense to me given the involvement of Ahsoka and Bo-Katan...

Exactly what I was thinking after hearing Thrawn especially after seeing the ending of Rebels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.5: Oh Wow! I was just pure hyped that whole episode!

This is the way at the start!
    Straight into Ashoka!
    HICKS!! HICKS fom ALIENS!!!!! HICKS!!!!! Hot Damn!
    then.. THEN! BOOM! THRAWN!!!! :eek:

Someone get me next weeks episode like.. yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Thought Ahsoka worked well but I agree with the earlier post which mentioned her appearance. It was kind of half live action/half animated. I dunno, she looked a bit off or something. But a great introduction for her.

Comparing her animated series looks after commenting on it yesterday, she looks more like she did in the Clone Wars rather than what she looked like in Rebels. It's pretty close.

Anyway, for one of my favourite characters in the entire Star Wars screen universe I'm delighted with the job Rosario Dawson did with her. She's probably going to get her own series now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Relikk wrote: »
    She's probably going to get her own series now.

We can hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Great last episode. Ramping up to be every good series

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was pleasantly surprised at Rosario Dawson's performance in that. She's an actor who really, really grates on me with her smirky portrayal of pretty much everyone but she played that nice and understated.

The weekly release is KILLING me. But it's also kind of nice not to be able to binge and the fact that everyone is watching at the same pace makes for good discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The mention of thrawn and bringing Grogru to the Jedi temple with some other jedi possibly reaching out opens up so many possibilities , this series is the favorite part of my week such a pity there's only 3 more episodes left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is a show they could film all year round most of it is green screen computer generated backgrounds with the lead actor just voicing the role as he is never seen and his on screen partner is a puppet. Just bring in the guest stars when needed to film their roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What was the deal with the big metal javelin? seems like a pretty creaky weapon for a space-age battle. Surprised the magistrate's right-hand man didn't tell her

main-qimg-b6b326af7ebcd244e8d024e4bf0e8613.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

What was the deal with the big metal javelin? main-qimg-b6b326af7ebcd244e8d024e4bf0e8613.webp

I’m guessing it’s a McGuffin that will reappear when Bo-Katan goes up against Moff Gideon and the darksaber!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ahsoka's translation from animated to live action worked well. Just different voice. Though moved a bit stiffer than can be done for a cartoon.
    But with Filoni writing and directing, then he was going to be sure she would look good.

I'm sure she's been in front of the Jedi Council before. Did she not notice Yaddle?

Now let's see how long it takes people to stop referring to him as Baby Yoda.

I was curious how those who haven't seen Rebels and Clone Wars would react to Ahsoka. Will be the same for Thrawn if he shows up as I'm sure the Rebels version was different than the books, that I haven't read.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did she not notice Yaddle?

It's unlikely that a brand spanking new Padawan would have had much interaction with the council. Yaddle would eventually step down a year after Ahsoka arrived at the temple.

Apparently... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

The mention of thrawn and bringing Grogru to the Jedi temple with some other jedi possibly reaching out opens up so many possibilities , this series is the favorite part of my week such a pity there's only 3 more episodes left
    It's Grogu
    Baby-Yoda-Grogu-in-The-Mandalorian-Season-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370

cant-take-his-grog-when-you-order-shots-for-you-36168651.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

CastorTroy wrote: »

Now let's see how long it takes people to stop referring to him as Baby Yoda.

Wouldn't hold out much hope on that one. "Din Djarin" isn't exactly catching on in mainstream media either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I was so pissed off with the number of spoilers popping up everywhere and in random places. I specifically stay away from threads/sites like this until I was able to watch the episode but ffs, illated nerds ruined it for tbh pictures everywhere.

I loved how this planet was set. The visuals were great and Dawson was great too. My only issue with the episode was that at certain moments it felt like a fan-made movie on youtube. Some of ahsokas action felt clumpy or amatuer.

Loads of easter eggs in this episode. The HK-87 droids, inspired by ralph mcquarrie, had insignia of The Seventh Fleet on their heads that represent Thrawns Seventh Fleet of the Imperial Navy. The references to Kurosawa's Yojimbo which had a massive influence on Lucas.

display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e7893c13&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fc7vnb4ssxr161.jpg
    hih

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

While I get that Beskar can handle a light saber, wouldnt it just have slid down and chopped off the owners fingers/hand?

Thats why swords have guards...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

GreeBo wrote: »
    While I get that Beskar can handle a light saber, wouldnt it just have slid down and chopped off the owners fingers/hand?

Thats why swords have guards...

We don't know how lightsabers work.

It could be that it acts like a semi-solid, and "catches" on the beskar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Gbear wrote: »
    We don't know how lightsabers work.

It could be that it acts like a semi-solid, and "catches" on the beskar.

Yeah, light saber versus light saber certainly catch/bind on each other, but it seemed that this wasnt the case with beskar (certainly not when Mando was defending himself with his arms)

Ordinarily it wouldnt be an issue with a spear due to the length, but in this battle it was often being used as a sword, all I could think of was "uh oh, there go your fingers" during every parry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big smile on my face this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Big smile on my face this morning :)

Great episode :) finally got to see the proper return of a fan favorite (and also why he deserved his reputation in the bounty hunting world)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I wonder about todays episode and futher on. The episode just before was a real kids episode, with the Sheriff bringing back all the goodies to the people .ect Now, todays one is directed by Robert Rodriguez, who spent most of career trying to make money from chlldren. I wonder if Disney are trying to tell us something.

Cracking heads with a gaffi stick, and Slave I. Gotta love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wow. That was the best one yet.

God I love this show

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I wonder about todays episode and futher on. The episode just before was a real kids episode, with the Sheriff bringing back all the goodies to the people .ect Now, todays one is directed by Robert Rodriguez, who spent most of career trying to make money from chlldren. I wonder if Disney are trying to tell us something.

I wouldn't exactly say Rodriguez spent most of his career trying to make money from kids. Apart from Spy Kids, when I think of Rodriguez it's the El Mariachi trilogy, Sin City and From Dusk Tile Dawn.

But I'm sure being able to get someon like him is made easier by them being offered the chance to make live action Star Wars without the pressure/commitment of a film
    Gideon looking to take up the title of most evil in the galaxy after Vader's death?

The title was pretty ominous when it showed "The Tragedy". Was it due to Grogu being taken or the death of the Razor Crest?

Good short episode overall.

Think Boba's armour was designed for someone younger and slimmer. Though the helmet seemed bigger when he wore it.
    Plenty of fan service for fans of him anyway

Ming Na once again showing her lack of aging

Sort of related but also not related is the violence on show from the man himself , gives me hope that they can do the Punisher/Daredevil stuff on a disney plus show , Shows you don't need blood to portray the brutality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

My main issue with that episode was the length. I wanted more damn it

Advertisement