Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

titan18 wrote: »
    My main issue with that episode was the length. I wanted more damn it

Usually I'd whole-heartedly agree, but the running time for this episode was quite deceptive. It felt a lot longer than its 27 minutes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Now I've been reminded why Boba Fett is so cool.

They need Favreau to do the next set of 'Star Wars' film. The quality of this is light heads of the recent trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

titan18 wrote: »
    My main issue with that episode was the length. I wanted more damn it

I groaned when I saw the runtime but I can't have any complaints. That's how TV should be done; no faffing around and every second meant something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great episode :) finally got to see the proper return of a fan favorite (and also why he deserved his reputation in the bounty hunting world)

Thats the thing; I never really got the love for Boba Fett. He barely got to do anything in the original trilogy bar look kinda cool.

But here, they didn't just throw him in as fan service or anything. They made him a proper character, showed why he was someone that Jabba or even the Empire would turn to, and have given him fantastic potential to be a great character going forward.

As great as the episode was as a whole, I'm now a fan of Boba Fett.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Penn wrote: »

As great as the episode was as a whole, I'm now a fan of Boba Fett.

you're saying it wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Skerries wrote: »
    you're saying it wrong

Of Boba Fett, a fan I now am...?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well that was great. Fett, gaffi stick, stormtroopers with mortars, eweb cannon, fett armour, god damn dark troopers, grogu tossing stormtroopers, the dark saber and confirmation that Fett is staying beyond the odd episode. I didn't even know I wanted some of that stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

No problem with run time. This episode was pure star wars class. Ming na is not human and doesn't age. Fett was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ollkiller

First Rogue One restores my faith in Star Wars and now this. What an episode. This season is just amazballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Apart from the child on top of the mount & Boba, I didn't really like that episode at all. I thought that the majority of the scenes surrounding the mount weren't the best, The transition between digitally rendered shots/scenes of stormtroopers to physical actors were abrupt and too obvious for me to ignore. It was a bit too much like the recent star wars trilogy for me. The irritant of the episode was the robotic dark troopers. That entire scene just stank of marvel and the avengers, some of the hand to hand combat scenes did too. After the episode last week, IMO I felt it fell flat on its face. This was the only time I was glad for an episode to end so quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

The irritant of the episode was the robotic dark troopers.

I do hope there is a bit more to these than just being droids - not sure where these sit in the canon but hoping for a bit of a cyborg element to differentiate them from the other battle droids, super battle droids, magma-guards, IG units, etc, in the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this was the best episode of the season. Some nice surprises, plenty of action, and a compelling cliffhanger. Looking forward to discovering what Jedi is coming for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.6: Right yeah
    Boba Fett but down a ship. Maybe Fetts is better or has more armour/weapons or something? They're gonna need more than just the 4 of them to take out an imperial cruiser! Can they get Grogu back in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The episodes don't feel as short as the actual run time. I really enjoyed that episode, some nice surprises. I find it kind of sad the thoughts of Mando and Groju splitting up, there is such a bond between them now. With only two episodes left I assume we will be left on a very interesting cliffhanger

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What was the deal with the big metal javelin? seems like a pretty creaky weapon for a space-age battle.

Same issue with yer man's massive slash hook. Does it really make sense to deploy that sort of weapon in a laser battle? Don't the troopers have to be implausibly stupid to let him creep up behind them like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I wish there wasn’t a recap at the start of the episode. Would have loved the reveal of Slave 1 to have been unspoiled - I was waiting for Boba to turn up throughout as a result.

A minor quibble, however. I had a massive goofy grin on my face for most of that episode. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Roar wrote: »
    I wish there wasn’t a recap at the start of the episode. Would have loved the reveal of Slave 1 to have been unspoiled - I was waiting for Boba to turn up throughout as a result.

A minor quibble, however. I had a massive goofy grin on my face for most of that episode. Loved it.

Always skip the recap !!!! Always !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The transition between digitally rendered shots/scenes of stormtroopers to physical actors were abrupt and too obvious for me to ignore.

Have to call out this given the amount of edited videos you post and claim not to be edited :) Bit of the Arsene Wenger I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

aVwpgLn_460swp.webp
    jhj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

That hat looks very styrofoam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yeah, while The Mandalorian has done really well to match the look and feel of the movies, I reckon had they ever considered introducing Ashoka to the big screen they would have had to do better with the make up and design than they did here. Nothing wrong with Dawsons performance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

This is the first show in so long I actually look forward to every week, delighted I can't binge watch this, its brought back the episodic weekly watch.

Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Loved this latest episode. Could Mando not see the shield around Grogu or something as he kept doing the same thing and not learning from it.
    Some good fighting too. Was cool to see Boba Fett and Slave 1 the oddest ship ever created in it too.
    I was devastated when Mando's Ship Razerquest got destroyed he had only just got it looking like new. Mando should have ran and got is booster when they seen the black troopers coming down. I was thinking the whole time there not going to make it and was right. Still at least Boba and your one did not turn against him or leave him on the planet stranded after his ship was destroyed and decided to help him which was nice.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Why did Mando not pick up his jet pack after putting in down? Would've made getting to Baby Yoda a lot easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always wonder hoe they replace their ammo which looks pretty unique. Like come next week, Boba will probably have a new rocket in his jetpack and Mando will probably have his wrist missile things reloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I always wonder hoe they replace their ammo which looks pretty unique. Like come next week, Boba will probably have a new rocket in his jetpack and Mando will probably have his wrist missile things reloaded.

It seems like the tech in Star Wars is generally pretty low maintenance. Probably give a spec to the local junkyard and they've got enough old missiles, rocket engines and whatnot lying around to cobble whatever together.

"Tony Stark built one in a cave, from pieces of scrap!" is basically everything in Star Wars. A small child can build a sapient robot and a speeder, people homebuild their own interstellar spacecraft, children padawans build and maintain laser swords, using telekinesis to add an extra wrinkle - like psychic watchmaking.

Comparitively, making stuff go boom is caveman-level.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I was literally shouting at the TV all the way tru.

Things Like.
    OMG its Slave 1.
    The belly on him HAHAHA
    Oh man he is a badass.
    NOOOO. Not the Razorcrest.
    WTF. the have Grogu. WTF
    Oh Man what a team up.
    Yesss. Force choke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

It thought season 1 was a little bit hit and miss, but so far season 2 has been first rate. The best Star Wars has been since 1983.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching this and seeing Thrawn being mentioned I really just want them to forget about the sequels and Luke becoming a hermit and have them bring Mara Jade out of the Expanded Universe into this Universe.

Sadly that won't happen :(

Advertisement