Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Boba didn't look to be in the same module as the rest of them.

It's the same module, but it has two tiers. The pilots sit on the upper tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

yabadabado wrote: »
    Is there any Office Space link cast/crew or was it just simply a joke ?

Don't think there's any link, was just a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

When Bill burr said “it feels better when you take it off” was that a creepy joke about a condom ? Or am I just a maximum creep ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.7: Just an all round solid episode of The Mandalorian. Liked how Mayfeld seems to be on a redemption arc. I can see him turning up with pirates again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For this week's episode,
    I was sure your man was gonna be killed. just seemed to be going the way of a character attempting to redeem himself so you get to like him and don't want him back in prison but he ends up dying instead of going back, usually by self sacrifice. And when he saw Mando's face I was even more sure. Well glad I was wrong.
    I expected Mando to be more confident, but I guess he feels vulnerable without the helmet. I do like how they've slowly enable him to remove the helmet in front of people. First we have Bo Katan and crew who explained to him that it's not a requirement to wear it all the time. then he met Boba Fett and didn't need it explained once he accepted the armour was his. So now he knows it's not against the Mandalorian code, but just against a certain group's code. And this and the talk with Mayfield made it easier to remove the helmet.
    Or that's my take.

Also got an answer to something I wasn't sure of. How does Boba Fett's ship work with regard piloting and cargo, etc since it goes from a horizontal position to vertical..

We don't need annoying spoiler tags in a spoiler marked thread do we?

• Advertisement

Good episode. Ending was daft though. So much for the element of surprise.

'Hey Moff Gideon, you have something that belongs to me. He means more to me than you'll ever know.'

'Cool, thanks for telling me. Guess I'll request reinforcements be sent immediately and security put on high alert.'

But maybe that's part of their plan?

I like this timeline that bill burr is in star wars

When Bill burr said “it feels better when you take it off” was that a creepy joke about a condom ? Or am I just a maximum creep ?

Didn't see it that way at all.

His best joke was about having to file TPS reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Maybe im getting old........
    BUT....can someone explain to me how the face scanner worked on Dins Face and allowed him access.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Parsnips wrote: »
    Maybe im getting old........
    BUT....can someone explain to me how the face scanner worked on Dins Face and allowed him access.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wasn’t there something in the books about the Empire only accepting humans into their ranks? So to get access to Imperial data you’d need a code and have to be human?

That’s why Thrawn was such an enigma, he was a high ranking officer\Admiral etc in the Empires ranks but he was also a human (I won’t call him an alien for obvious reasons :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well he did say "You get lonely up here?" to Mando when he first saw Grogu so I wouldn't put it past him...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,289 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

'Hey Moff Gideon, you have something that belongs to me. He means more to me than you'll ever know.'

'Cool, thanks for telling me. Guess I'll request reinforcements be sent immediately and security put on high alert.'

Well, they've already cut through an entire division of stormtroopers by now, so stealth and surprise doesn't mean anything to them, when their opposition are so easy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I wouldn't say a daft ending, more a wink and nod to using Gideon's own words from Season 1 against him and calling him out, we know they've been on a collision course, which will come to a head in the finale and as far as we know, Gideon may think it's just Din coming after him, 1 man against an army? What would he as Moff have to fear against one man?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Was Mayfeld's Greedo moment with the Night King needlessly reckless, or were they going to have to shoot their way out anyway?

Was Mayfeld's Greedo moment with the Night King needlessly reckless, or were they going to have to shoot their way out anyway?

The fight scenes in this are terrible. Better off just accepting that and enjoying it for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,289 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The fight scenes in this are terrible. Better off just accepting that and enjoying it for what it is.

It's the poorest part of the show really.

There's zero tension or excitement. Pure Marvel type shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Really enjoyed that episode, hopefully Bill Burr will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bill Burr's big moment was class and my God I find the camera loves Gina Carano. Beautiful woman.

Bill Burr's big moment was class and my God I find the camera loves Gina Carano. Beautiful woman.

She was until she discovered justeat between the last series and this. Did she bulk up for another role or for a fight or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Attractiveness is obviously something for the beholder n all, but Carano is a cast member I'd drop in a heartbeat. Horrendous actor and almost zero charisma in every scene. Funny earlier there was cribbing about Hayden Christensen, cos he seemed at least capable of range; Carano is there cos she's the latest "wrestler / fighter tries acting".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

She has 3 years to improve until the Rangers series wraps and drops. Probably not long enough.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Attractiveness is obviously something for the beholder n all, but Carano is a cast member I'd drop in a heartbeat. Horrendous actor and almost zero charisma in every scene. Funny earlier there was cribbing about Hayden Christensen, cos he seemed at least capable of range; Carano is there cos she's the latest "wrestler / fighter tries acting".

I find she has amazing screen presence to be honest. Depends on the viewer I guess.

As for the comment above you about her weight, that's just even better to me. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gina seems to be an Anti Vaxxer and rigged election believer from her Twitter comments over the last week.

Disney might decide to drop her like a hot potato soon.

Disney might decide to drop her like a hot potato soon.

Which would be absolutely retarded. Do we really want to go down this road of actors having to display impeccable behaviour in order to keep a job.

It's a slippery slope to the point where we might end up with CW level actors.

I say this as someone who disagrees with Gina's views, but those views have absolutely **** all baring on her ability to earn a wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Which would be absolutely retarded. Do we really want to go down this road of actors having to display impeccable behaviour in order to keep a job.

It's a slippery slope to the point where we might end up with CW level actors.

I say this as someone who disagrees with Gina's views, but those views have absolutely **** all baring on her ability to earn a wage.

This doesn't fly as an argument. If someone was literally a Nazi, nobody would bat an eye about giving them the boot. There's no disagreement in principle about whether or not people's personal beliefs should effect their employment. The only question is how far afield from the big acceptable middle blob of mainstream opinions they can be before action is taken.

I'd certainly argue that being an anti-vaxxer should qualify.

I'm sure Disney have the lawyeriest lawyers money can buy. If they think it's worth it in the cost/benefit of rewriting vs the flak they might face, then it'll be a cold decision based on the behaviour clauses in Carrano's contract.

Gbear wrote: »
    This doesn't fly as an argument. If someone was literally a Nazi, nobody would bat an eye about giving them the boot. There's no disagreement in principle about whether or not people's personal beliefs should effect their employment. The only question is how far afield from the big acceptable middle blob of mainstream opinions they can be before action is taken.

I'd certainly argue that being an anti-vaxxer should qualify.

I'm sure Disney have the lawyeriest lawyers money can buy. If they think it's worth it in the cost/benefit of rewriting vs the flak they might face, then it'll be a cold decision based on the behaviour clauses in Carrano's contract.

But she's not a nazi is she? Just someone with a few dodgy opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

But she's not a nazi is she? Just someone with a few dodgy opinions.

Spoken like someone who didn't read my comment.

Gbear wrote: »
    Spoken like someone who didn't read my comment.

Spoken like someone godwinning by invoking an idiotic nazi argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd also be of the opinion that unless she's blatantly saying "Hi I'm Gina, star of The Mandalorian and this is why I think vaccines are fake" then let her off. Rosario Dawson is also a very heavy political commentator on her social media but for the Democrat side. By that reckoning she shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near Ashoka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess it depends. If you're being offensive to people is one thing, like racism or something that bad. If it's your opinion that isn't harming anyone, unless they listen to you then why should you be fired? Imagine if they stopped hiring Scientologists because they have strange ideas.

Advertisement