Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess it depends. If you're being offensive to people is one thing, like racism or something that bad. If it's your opinion that isn't harming anyone, unless they listen to you then why should you be fired? Imagine if they stopped hiring Scientologists because they have strange ideas.

If she's spreading anti vaccination conspiracies, then TBH sounds like she's spreading dangerous, harmful information and worthy of consequence. And it's certainly a bad look in today's climate, especially given America has trouble getting people to even wear masks. Not without reason the virus is out of control over there. It's a muddy concept at the best of times, and wouldn't advocate people being fired for having opinions online - but now isn't the time to be spreading dangerous bullshít either.

In any case, there's no sign she has been sacked IIRC so it's all conjecture for now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

"Bill Burr, Bill Burr"

Yeah, TV show. I like it but it's nothing special really .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

pixelburp wrote: »
    Attractiveness is obviously something for the beholder n all, but Carano is a cast member I'd drop in a heartbeat. Horrendous actor and almost zero charisma in every scene. Funny earlier there was cribbing about Hayden Christensen, cos he seemed at least capable of range; Carano is there cos she's the latest "wrestler / fighter tries acting".

Agree completely Pix. She's, literally, only there for the Strong Female Character™ trope, because in modern times that simple means some female knocking the shit out of blokes every now and again. In fairness, at least she's built for it.

But, in terms of acting ability, she's probably on par with Hayden Christensen. :P

Baby Yoda can out-act the pair of them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I find she has amazing screen presence to be honest.

She certainly fills the screen.

Ok, that's a bit nasty... :D

I've heard she's a very nice person in real life.

Liamalone wrote: »
    "Bill Burr, Bill Burr"

Yeah, TV show. I like it but it's nothing special really .

Aye, but it's Bill yer man Burr! That's so cool, nothing else matters. #canonlorestuff

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »

Are we talking about yer woman? Can I say that nowadays?

Anyway, big girl, lovely girl, ex wrastler or summat, lovely girl. But MASSIVE ly lovely girl.

She kill us all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Sorry I but I don’t get the whole “Bill Burr” thing! What am I missing?

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Sorry I but I don’t get the whole “Bill Burr” thing! What am I missing?

Me neither. Was he in the originals or prequels as a child or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I could take or leave Bill Burr to be honest but I do like how you wouldn't even know if he's acting or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Burr is probably best known as a stand-up comedian, but he has been in Chappelle's Show and Breaking Bad in the past, among lots of other TV shows and movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aye, but it's Bill yer man Burr! That's so cool, nothing else matters. #canonlorestuff

Why are you replying to your own posts???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Are we talking about yer woman? Can I say that nowadays?

Anyway, big girl, lovely girl, ex wrastler or summat, lovely girl. But MASSIVE ly lovely girl.

She kill us all

She was never a wrestler , she was into Mauy Thai then transitioned to MMA,

She was always in fantastic shape back then , she fought at 10 and half stone and is 5ft 8 so I guess she's always been a big enough women even when in extremely good shape ,

I think she fits the character she is playing just fine ,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I do like how you wouldn't even know if he's acting or not
    Isnt that what good acting is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Why are you replying to your own posts???

So he won't feel so 'alone'...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that episode, hopefully Bill Burr will be back.
    Ideally, he'll threaten to punch Stormtroopers right through the wall!

GreeBo wrote: »
    Isnt that what good acting is?

I think he means its like he's playing himself, the character's personality was very like the person Bill Bur,

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Wasn’t there something in the books about the Empire only accepting humans into their ranks? So to get access to Imperial data you’d need a code and have to be human?

That’s why Thrawn was such an enigma, he was a high ranking officer\Admiral etc in the Empires ranks but he was also a human (I won’t call him an alien for obvious reasons :) )

Still dont understand how a random face scan gained him access to the data files.

Parsnips wrote: »
    Still dont understand how a random face scan gained him access to the data files.

As he was an Imperial solder in the past so his face was still recognised ,

Tony EH wrote: »

I like her in it. Beautiful face and pulls off some quiet sexy expressions during the show
    Yes she is not a stick insect but she is a fine thing.
    And she was so lucky to be born with that cute birthmark on her face. what are the odds ay ?
    I wouldnt kick her out of bed for robbing the last slice of Pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Parsnips wrote: »
    I think it has been justified by saying that it is a security measure where they record who accessed it.

• Advertisement

I think it has been justified by saying that it is a security measure where they record who accessed it.

I was thinking that but taught it was empoyees only.
    This face scan will 100% come back in some way for a story development

"employees only" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As he was an Imperial solder in the past so his face was still recognised ,
    stop taking the Mick. he was a foundling from 5 or 6yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched the latest episode now and loved it. Loved getting to see into Boba Fetts ship and love how he destroyed the Tie Fighters chasing him.
    I think your one Cara is perfect for the part and Disney would be stupid to fire her just because of a few opinions she has on Twitter. I think a lot of people would be nervous or not sure of the Covid Vaccine and that's there right.
    I think some actors and actresses just do this for the reaction and they will probably change there minds in the end.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only at episode 5 and the Kurosawa was strong in that episode. Felt like somebody had fun riffing on the eastern motifs without being too on the nose. The Ashoka stuff kinda sailed over my head as I never watched Clone Wars; the shout-out to Thrawn was cool, nice to see the now "legends" timeline isn't completely junked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Is anyone else afraid that after the final episode they won’t be able to stop crying until season 3 begins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

AMKC wrote: »
    Just watched the latest episode now and loved it. Loved getting to see into Boba Fetts ship and love how he destroyed the Tie Fighters chasing him.
    I think your one Cara is perfect for the part and Disney would be stupid to fire her just because of a few opinions she has on Twitter. I think a lot of people would be nervous or not sure of the Covid Vaccine and that's there right.
    I think some actors and actresses just do this for the reaction and they will probably change there minds in the end.

I wouldn't necessarily fire her for her ****ty opinions, but I certainly wouldn't reward her with a spin off and thus a bigger platform to spout them from, if she was indeed in their plans for the Rangers of the New Republic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

if she was indeed in their plans for the Rangers of the New Republic show.

I thought I heard on the radio that this show was going to follow a squadron of x-wing pilots so hoping for the Dave Filoni/Trapper Wolf show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

I thought I heard on the radio that this show was going to follow a squadron of x-wing pilots so hoping for the Dave Filoni/Trapper Wolf show!

That's the Rogue Squadron movie that will be directed by Patty Jenkins, and if it's Rogue Squadron then hopefully it's set during the original trilogy timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I think Patty Jenkins is doing a Rogue Squadron film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

So what are we anticipating tomorrow then? A big showdown between Moff G and his fancy sword and Mando and his magic javelin?

Advertisement